Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,992 members, 7,873,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:43 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (463) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10785091 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (19491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 20, 2013
I Kept blaring out for the acquisition of either De Rossi or Gustavo,

I questioned the luring in of Willian.

Lets keep watching as this whole piece unfolds
cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 20, 2013
El Guapo: I Kept blaring out for the acquisition of either De Rossi or Gustavo,

I questioned the luring in of Willian.

Lets keep watching as this whole piece unfolds
cool

It's too late now mate...

My knees are not quite what they used to be grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 9:35am On Dec 20, 2013
Ibime:

Ancelotti played attacking footie from central midfield. All football starts in the centre. [b]You cannot dictate the pulse of a game from the wings. [/b]3 managers in a row facing similar issues is enough evidence of a structural problem with the makeup of the team. It's an unbalanced piece of trash.

More bollocks from Ibime - pray tell, how did Man United 'dictate the pulse of the game' over the past 2 seasons except from the wings? Or did their weak central midfield do that for them?

No one is saying your central midfield is fantastic, but it isn't and cannot be an excuse for lack of attacking football.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 20, 2013
GustavoFring:

It's too late now mate...

My knees are not quite what they used to be grin

Though i'm at absent of knowledge of how the calls are made in the 'glass house', dont you think that Mou who is renowned for his visceral decisions would really love to shop for a DM when its glaring clear that we're in need of one?

Just a second to think along with Ibime.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 9:55am On Dec 20, 2013
The midfield excuses are just that - excuses. As JM himself has said, they keep creating chances but not finishing them off. Whose fault?

Who brought in Eto'o, kept Ba and let Lukaku go on loan instead?

The reality of football is that if you don't take your chances when you're on top, the opposition will inevitably have a good spell and may catch you out when that happens. Yes the midfield centre is deficient, but prime difference between Citeh and Chelski right now is the potency of their forwards.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 20, 2013
debosky: The midfield excuses are just that - excuses. As JM himself has said, they keep creating chances but not finishing them off. Whose fault?

The reality of football is that if you don't take your chances when you're on top, the opposition will inevitably have a good spell and may catch you out when that happens. Yes the midfield centre is deficient, but prime difference between Citeh and Chelski right now is the potency of their forwards.

Haywire transfers i'd put it.

One reserved for fanatics.
undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 20, 2013
El Guapo:

Though i'm at absent of knowledge of how the calls are made in the 'glass house', dont you think that Mou who is renowned for his visceral decisions would really love to shop for a DM when its glaring clear that we're in need of one?

Just a second to think along with Ibime.

Oh I thought you were trying to sign me...

You know calls to sign Gustavo and all grin

Personally I'm not convinced that we need a new DM as such.

And if the Guarin rumours are to believed, then it would appear that JM thinks so as well.

Our defence is poor. Very poor. Ivanovic and Luiz seem to have forgotten their football brains in an ashy joint.

Our major problems this season have been a lack of verve in the final third and the disturbingly regular brainfarts in defence.

We have had the majority of Possesion in most games we've played.

Creating the chances and seeing games off are the things we can't seem to do- which is hardly surprising when our best midfielder has had to ride the bench for long stretches and our best striker was shipped out.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 20, 2013
Well. . . undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 10:47am On Dec 20, 2013
FBS:
did rafa win the euopa cup mid season? undecided or need we mention his failure at the CWF?
Season aint over yet folks are already crying. fans sha cheesy

You dey mind that one/.? He/She thought Chelsea lost to Sunderland twice
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 10:49am On Dec 20, 2013
GustavoFring: Speaking of Moses, I guess it's safe to assume he's part of the impending summer clearout...

Sad.

The boy has shown so much promise.

Reaaally?

I guess you're one of the Nigerians who think he should African Footballer of the year?

Moses is Average!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 10:50am On Dec 20, 2013
GustavoFring:

Oh I thought you were trying to sign me...

You know calls to sign Gustavo and all grin

Personally I'm not convinced that we need a new DM as such.

And if the Guarin rumours are to believed, then it would appear that JM thinks so as well.

Our defence is poor. Very poor. Ivanovic and Luiz seem to have forgotten their football brains in an ashy joint.

Our major problems this season have been a lack of verve in the final third and the disturbingly regular brainfarts in defence.

We have had the majority of Possesion in most games we've played.

Creating the chances and seeing games off are the things we can't seem to do- which is hardly surprising when our best midfielder has had to ride the bench for long stretches and our best striker was shipped out.

Now you are changing tones. smh
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 20, 2013
lalaboi:

Now you are changing tones. smh

How am I changing tones?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 11:08am On Dec 20, 2013
GustavoFring:

How am I changing tones?

Earlier on you were prepared to say Mr mourinho is the cause.

Now you are saying what I and others have been pointing out about the stupid defending and individual mistakes causing the team to loose.

cut out the silly defending and we would be in a much better place. We are not too bad offensively, we are just not taking chances when they come
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 20, 2013
lalaboi:

Earlier on you were prepared to say Mr mourinho is the cause.

Now you are saying what I and others have been pointing out about the stupid defending and individual mistakes causing the team to loose.

cut out the silly defending and we would be in a much better place. We are not too bad offensively, we are just not taking chances when they come

Who is responsible for the team selection?

Who is responsible for tactics?

Who is responsible for drilling players offensively and defensively?

Abegi come correct.

Mr Mourinho is still the primary culprit
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 20, 2013
FBS:
did rafa win the euopa cup mid season? undecided or need we mention his failure at the CWF?
Season aint over yet folks are already crying. fans sha cheesy

What is left for you to win? the UCL or the league? I laugh. We could have used the Capital One cup to save face. We all love Mou but if the guy is messing up we say so. Mou right now is not a contender for anything as far as i'm concerned. If he improves, we will praise him.

lalaboi:

You dey mind that one/.? He/She thought Chelsea lost to Sunderland twice
Shut your gob. Whether Sunderland or Stoke or whatever, it is a shame for the special one to be losing cheap games.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 11:20am On Dec 20, 2013
sephia:

Shut your gob. Whether Sunderland or Stoke or whatever, it is a shame for the special one to be losing cheap games.

Thats what happens when you lot Expect too much. Like he never lost cheap games before am i to blame if you don't know the difference between stoke and sunderland ni?

Earlier on this season. Majority of you ninjas thought chelsea would be strolling to win everything this season because Mou was back. A few and myself pointed out that it would not be straightforward and now you are all suffering from over-expectancy.

Because he conquered England almost a decade ago does not mean he will conquer it now!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 11:23am On Dec 20, 2013
GustavoFring:

Who is responsible for the team selection?

Who is responsible for tactics?

Who is responsible for drilling players offensively and defensively?

Abegi come correct.

Mr Mourinho is still the primary culprit

Sometimes i wonder where you get this your thinking from.

Let me guess, Ivanovic Terry and Cahill are all kids and just started defending.
The players are letting Mou and the team down and folks thinks mourinho should be d blame.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havilah93(m): 11:24am On Dec 20, 2013
Happy birthday to Ashley Cole who turns 33 today!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 20, 2013
lalaboi:

Sometimes i wonder where you get this your thinking from.

Let me guess, Ivanovic Terry and Cahill are all kids and just started defending.
The players are letting Mou and the team down and folks thinks mourinho should be d blame.

How laughable. It is the players letting Mou down. If we were leading the league and finishing up teams it will be because we have a manager who is the special one.
Bloody hypocrites. If we could call him the special one when he was conquering Europe it is only fair to call him the not-so-special one when he is messing up.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 20, 2013
Just to remind you guys; there's going to be a party on the 23rd of this month, in this thread, or Arsenal's official thread.

Come with your Aso Ebi or you can even come naked, whatever rocks your boat.

Time: 11pm.

DJ Dayokanu will be here or there[Arsenal's thread] to make this place or that place lively.

NB: No African time.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 20, 2013
sephia:

How laughable. It is the players letting Mou down. If we were leading the league and finishing up teams it will be because we have a manager who is the special one.
Bloody hypocrites. If we could call him the special one when he was conquering Europe it is only fair to call him the not-so-special one when he is messing up.

Exactly my point to Mr lalaboi

When we win Mou is the Jesus Christ of Tactics

When we lose, It's the defender's fault.

lalaboi's logic belongs in lala-land cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 20, 2013
JM was demystified in Spain. Bottom team managers now see him as just an ordinary manager. Mou has done nothing special this season. The JM of before would make crazy subs and use crazy formations just to outwit his opponents.
What we have now is just a run of the mill manager.I never ever thought the day will come when i would say these things about my beloved JM. The difference between me and other JM fans is that i say it like i see it. Others are too busy sniffing JM's arrss to see that he has become a toothless bulldog.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 4:42pm On Dec 20, 2013
sephia:

GustavoFring:

Exactly my point to Mr lalaboi

When we win Mou is the Jesus Christ of Tactics

When we lose, It's the defender's fault.

lalaboi's logic belongs in lala-land cheesy

The both of you are the hypocrites. . You cannot force down how y'all think on me! Its bull.
If you cannot tell the difference between a tactical error or and individual error/display by certain players then i cannot help you.

Just because you would praise a manager when the team win and players play well does not mean i or someone else will. E.G. We had a decent run with Avram Grant. How many of y'all fancied grant then? huh? How many of you fancied Benitez despite the fact that he won the europa league?

I dont know about the pair of you, but the world i come from gives credit to players (not managers) who play well and not blame the manager when they dont.

Show me any of my posts that has praised mourinho as messiah or has confidently said he would succeed in his second coming. Rather it has been cautious and has no sort of expectation attached. I am simple giving him a chance. He was sacked the last time when we were in a bad patch of form. He's back now and you are expecting him to light up the league? Abeg. Make una go park somewhere.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 4:48pm On Dec 20, 2013
sephia: JM was demystified in Spain. Bottom team managers now see him as just an ordinary manager. Mou has done nothing special this season. The JM of before would make crazy subs and use crazy formations just to outwit his opponents.
What we have now is just a run of the mill manager.I never ever thought the day will come when i would say these things about my beloved JM. The difference between me and other JM fans is that i say it like i see it. Others are too busy sniffing JM's arrss to see that he has become a toothless bulldog.

I dunno how to refer to you but come accross as someone who does not watch a lot of games by chelsea. If you do, then you must have slept from 0 - 90mins.

FIne he has done nothing special. And nothing special by you means and i quote "The JM of before would make crazy subs and use crazy formations just to outwit his opponents".
Has he not tried that this season? How many times did it work? maybe 50 percent. So what special something are you looking for?

The difference between me and other JM fans is that i say it like i see it. Others are too busy sniffing JM's arrss to see that he has become a toothless bulldog

I say it like it is too. The furcktards in defence are letting the bloody team down!
and for the record. I am not a JM fan boy and i aint licking no ones arss. . .All i see is Mata's fanboy/girls vexing because JM doesnt fancy him.

He has become a toothless bulldog? i can only say you are not in the right frame of mind for making such statement. Plain disrespect
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 5:07pm On Dec 20, 2013
He was called the Special one based on the performances of Lampard Drogba Essien etc. That even when he left fans were clamouring for him to come back

A coach won the CL 5yrs after his sack and most fans credited the win to the Mourinho spirit imparted in the team

Now he is coaching the team and performances are not good, Its the players to blame never the coach who selects them.

Was it not the same Mourinho who lost only one game via penalty in 2005?

He too said it, Its not easy to play attacking football, He prefers the cowardly play of bus parking when results dont come he moves back into his shell and play his shameful Stoke City like tactics

When he got to Madrid, He tried to play attacking football which reflects Madrids long time philosophy but he was quickly found out to be an attacking disaster after Barca handed him a 5-0 welcome Quickly he went back to his shell of bus parking and anti football

Season not yet halfway he already lost 3 league games 2 in the CL and knocked out of Carling cup
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 6:00pm On Dec 20, 2013
debosky:

More bollocks from Ibime - pray tell, how did Man United 'dictate the pulse of the game' over the past 2 seasons except from the wings? Or did their weak central midfield do that for them?

No one is saying your central midfield is fantastic, but it isn't and cannot be an excuse for lack of attacking football.
Its not the sole excuse I think that is where I disagree with Ibime. However it is one of the excuses

Man United do have a Carrick a deep lying playmaker who keeps things ticking quietly in the middle. You usually won't notice them till they get injured for a spell
With Robben and Ribery we know there is still gobe if Schweini is not in form or injured (up till the maturation of Kroos)

Dortmund are sorely missing Gundogan especially with Reus out of form they are not quite as dynamic as they used to be

nitlad:

Lol. . . Dem Wu Lei, Chong-Yong, even bloody Kerzhakov nko?
I just think they are trying their best to pick a player from every crevice of the globe.

A-40, like you stated a the beginning of the 'strange sightings', turns out Sammy was actually pulling a publicity stunt afterall. cheesy cheesy

Being sighted at Chelsea,Juve and Bayern stadiums simultaneously and no other stadia was all the clues I needed

Ibime:
Malouda was on beastmode cos Ballack, Lamps, Deco and Essien (till Afcon injury) won every midfield battle, allowing Malouda freedom to play close to goal.
Deco and Ballack were peripheral for the most part. Lamps was probably the standout but they relied heavily on width as well! The Malouda-Cole axis was untouchable in England. Though Mou's Inter taught Chelsea a brutal lesson with Sneijder and Cambiasso in the middle so maybe you have a point

Ibime:
Mourinho got the summer very wrong. I don't believe he's been watching Chelsea closely at Madrid otherwise he would know the greatest need is in central midfield and no9. Lukaku would solve most of the no9 problem so all this talk of needing a striker carries no weight with me. He must bite the bullet till Lukaku returns. On the other hand, Willian and Schurrle are long-time targets so JM was just just being diplomatic as the incompetent Emenalo carried on the same foolishness that epitomizes his abysmal failure as Technical Director. The way JM is ranting and raving recently, you can tell he is not having it his way with transfer targets and is trying to put media pressure on the owner. But his approach is all wrong. He spent all summer ranting about Rooney instead of trusting Lukaku and ranting about the midfield instead. Now he is ranting for new striker but he's already missed his chance with Lukaku. It's time for him to rant about the midfield, strengthen that area and manage the rest of the season with 1-0 wins. I give him till summer to sort out the midfield and bring Lukaku back. That would end all this aggro.
Bang! There were decent young midfielders like Strootman,Alcantara even Pep with Schweini,Martinez and Kroos still insisted on Thiago if worst comes to worst he could have even tried to drag Alonso along from Madrid! He had options better than Van Ginkel that much is clear he should shoulder most of the blame if things keep going south!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 20, 2013
lalaboi:

The both of you are the hypocrites. . You cannot force down how y'all think on me! Its bull.
If you cannot tell the difference between a tactical error or and individual error/display by certain players then i cannot help you.

Just because you would praise a manager when the team win and players play well does not mean i or someone else will. E.G. We had a decent run with Avram Grant. How many of y'all fancied grant then? huh? How many of you fancied Benitez despite the fact that he won the europa league?

I dont know about the pair of you, but the world i come from gives credit to players (not managers) who play well and not blame the manager when they dont.

Show me any of my posts that has praised mourinho as messiah or has confidently said he would succeed in his second coming. Rather it has been cautious and has no sort of expectation attached. I am simple giving him a chance. He was sacked the last time when we were in a bad patch of form. He's back now and you are expecting him to light up the league? Abeg. Make una go park somewhere.

Lalaboi

1.)What is the point of a manager?
2.) When does the manager deserve credit?
3.) When does the manager deserve to be jeered at?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Katsumoto: 6:29pm On Dec 20, 2013
GustavoFring:

Lalaboi

1.)What is the point of a manager?
2.) When does the manager deserve credit?
3.) When does the manager deserve to be jeered at?

Players are credited for their individual abilities but manager gets credit for success or failure of the team. The magnitude of such credit is dependent on the resources at the disposal of the manager. Martinez would be more lauded if he wins the premiership than Mourinho if Mourinho were to win.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 20, 2013
Katsumoto:

Players are credited for their individual abilities but manager gets credit for success or failure of the team. The magnitude of such credit is dependent on the resources at the disposal of the manager. Martinez would be more lauded if he wins the premiership than Mourinho if Mourinho were to win.

That's why I don't understand this statement from lalaboi

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:11pm On Dec 20, 2013
debosky: The midfield excuses are just that - excuses. As JM himself has said, they keep creating chances but not finishing them off. Whose fault?

When Manure were winning games 4-3 last season (thanks to the brilliance of RVP) instead of losing 3-1 as they shoulda done, I'm sure some clowns told us 'what midfield strength did Manure need to win the title' just back in August. Now all the rage is how poor Manure's midfield is. Just because a striker covered a multitude of defects in Manures midfield doesn't mean the defect did not exist. That's why they got steamrollered in the UCL and against most decent midfield they faced. Just because RVP pulled out 3 points from thin air against the likes of West Ham does not mean their midfield was not shocking.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:19pm On Dec 20, 2013
lalaboi:

Abeg leave this guys. You know Bluediva changes mindbbased on what time of the month it is whilst GustavoFring is a well-known leftist whose only claim to fame is arguing that Torres failure is the fault of the midfield. For JM to find himself 2 points behind the lead with this crap of a team at this stage is commendable. Other managers would finish 20 points behind like the Rafa they look back on with nostalgia

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:46pm On Dec 20, 2013
A-40:

Its not the sole excuse I think that is where I disagree with Ibime. However it is one of the excuses

Midfield is the only problem with Chelsea for as long as I've been arguing this matter with well known nincompoops. Why should I focus heavily on striker when I've always argued that Sturridge and Lukaku can get the job done? It is only those with shyt in their brains, log in their eyes and Torres in their heart who argue those two boys are rubbish. I have been vindicated.

There is little problem with defence either. At least 3 of our centre-backs are capable. It's the same ninjas who shut down Allianz and Nou Camp. Unlike some ninnies with flaky knowledge or experience of footie, I know even Tiago Silva would be defending on the half-turn like all our defenders currently are when Mikel allow raiders to run unchallenged from halfway line to poke through balls. No matter how good a defender, he cannot defend against opposition whose midfield have freedom to pick their pass without being hassled. It's either Mikel and Lampard cannot keep up with opposition midfield or Ramires keep dashing them the ball.

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (19491) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: popizaino(m), onyeomaonyeoma(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.