Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,993 members, 7,873,204 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:52 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (464) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10785109 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (19491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:18pm On Dec 20, 2013
A-40:

Deco and Ballack were peripheral for the most part. Lamps was probably the standout but they relied heavily on width as well! The Malouda-Cole axis was untouchable in England. Though Mou's Inter taught Chelsea a brutal lesson with Sneijder and Cambiasso in the middle so maybe you have a point

Ballack was the heart and soul of Ancelottis midfield. Without Ballack, the way Ancelotti set his team up to play does not exist.

I've heard some unwise folk say a lot of rubbish about Ballack on this thread over the years. I usually spot nincompoops the moment they open their mouth to yarn rubbish about Ballack. Rest assured, Ballack and Paul Scholes were the players of midfield from 2006 to 2010. (I'm ruling out Lamps and Fabregas as AMs). The power in his play, his range of passing, the SPEED of his passes, and his indomitable mentality is unmatched. Some lady who never kicked a football in her life could not wait for Ballack to leave, championing the arrival of Ramires. Since the season Ramires directly replaced Ballack, Chelsea have never even competed for title again, instead we've been struggling to qualify for UCL. Season 2010/11, Ballack for Ramires was the only transfer made that summer and we immediately went from grace to grass, and been in the grass ever since.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 11:27pm On Dec 20, 2013
^^ Yet since Ramires arrived Chelski has won two European trophies - can we also attribute the success of Chelski in Europe to Ramires as you've equated failure in the league to him? cheesy

Would any Chelski fan trade another league title for those two European cups?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AndreUweh(m): 11:30pm On Dec 20, 2013
Nwe nụ Ndidi Chelsea fans.
Chelsea fans worldwide should be patient with the team. We win together and lose together.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:37pm On Dec 20, 2013
debosky: ^^ Yet since Ramires arrived Chelski has won two European trophies - can we also attribute the success of Chelski in Europe to Ramires as you've equated failure in the league to him? cheesy

Would any Chelski fan trade another league title for those two European cups?

Slim margins. If John Terry scores his spotkick and DD misses his, story switches around. And the Europa league is testament to UCL failure.

The league is how we judge performance and consistency. Ramires is not fit to lick the underside of Ballacks mudstained boot in this life or the next. How would one compare a brainless chicken who cannot even dislodge Sandro from Brazil squad to one of the finest midfielders of his generation, a consistent European POTY contestant and Ballon Dor contestant, the midfielder of 2002 World Cup, with many titles under his belt and a plethora of near-misses. Ballack was always in one final or the other, always in semifinal and final with Chelsea, always competing with Manure at the top of the table even when Ronaldo made it nigh impossible to collect the trophy from Manure. Compared to Ramires? I spit on the ground!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 11:40pm On Dec 20, 2013
^^ I wasn't comparing them really. I'm simply saying trophy-wise Ramires has arguably been more successful, especially in Europe.

Besides, you can't get Ballack back - midfielders like that don't come around very often.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:29am On Dec 21, 2013
Statistics are all the rage in the modern game and here is a good one that is doing the rounds: no Chelsea striker has scored in an away game in the Premier League this year. Not this season, this year. Seventeen games which either cost them points or in which they were rescued by midfielders and defenders.

In that time a Chelsea striker has scored seven away Premier League goals – Romelu Lukaku, four for West Bromwich Albion last season and three for Everton this season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 21, 2013
lalaboi:

The both of you are the hypocrites. . You cannot force down how y'all think on me! Its bull.
If you cannot tell the difference between a tactical error or and individual error/display by certain players then i cannot help you.

Just because you would praise a manager when the team win and players play well does not mean i or someone else will. E.G. We had a decent run with Avram Grant. How many of y'all fancied grant then? huh? How many of you fancied Benitez despite the fact that he won the europa league?

I dont know about the pair of you, but the world i come from gives credit to players (not managers) who play well and not blame the manager when they dont.

Show me any of my posts that has praised mourinho as messiah or has confidently said he would succeed in his second coming. Rather it has been cautious and has no sort of expectation attached. I am simple giving him a chance. He was sacked the last time when we were in a bad patch of form. He's back now and you are expecting him to light up the league? Abeg. Make una go park somewhere.

The emboldened just made my day

I still want these Anti-Mourinho ruffians to point out when Mou was tactical inept this term and failed to make amends, cos me get gazillions of individual errors wey i get to show them.
cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 2:31pm On Dec 21, 2013
Ibime:

Ballack was the heart and soul of Ancelottis midfield. Without Ballack, the way Ancelotti set his team up to play does not exist.

I've heard some unwise folk say a lot of rubbish about Ballack on this thread over the years. I usually spot nincompoops the moment they open their mouth to yarn rubbish about Ballack. Rest assured, Ballack and Paul Scholes were the players of midfield from 2006 to 2010. (I'm ruling out Lamps and Fabregas as AMs). The power in his play, his range of passing, the SPEED of his passes, and his indomitable mentality is unmatched. Some lady who never kicked a football in her life could not wait for Ballack to leave, championing the arrival of Ramires. Since the season Ramires directly replaced Ballack, Chelsea have never even competed for title again, instead we've been struggling to qualify for UCL. Season 2010/11, Ballack for Ramires was the only transfer made that summer and we immediately went from grace to grass, and been in the grass ever since.
Haba! I'm not questioning Ballack's excellence here everyone knows that Ballack was a gee even though he was past his prime at Chelsea all I'm saying is Chelsea's midfield/exit of Ballack was not the sole reason for Chelsea's attacking problems. The form of guys like Anelka,Malouda,Drogba key cogs in Chelsea's attack also went to shyte! Along with the introduction of the £50 million pound striker that shall not be named

Even with an outstanding midfield you still need the strikers to finish
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 190theclown: 3:06pm On Dec 21, 2013
Playing Mata through the middle will definitely improve the offensive game while Ivanovic and David Luiz as central defenders, Azpilicueta and Cole as full backs can solve the defensive problems. Don't play Mikel at all for he is useless, give fewer games to Lampard and JT for they are more suitable to be in a Museum than on a football pitch. I don't mean Oscar is not good but definitely not in the same class and creativity as Mata is. But we know that you, Jose Mourinho, are the master at playing people out of position. Sometimes we just wish your tactics and attitude towards the game were as aggressive as you are as a person. Too defense-minded for anybody's liking, unless you are a die-hard Mourinho fan. Hence I would like to conclude as Jose Mourinho being the biggest problem for Chelsea. Up Blues!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 21, 2013
Austeenx: Just to remind you guys; there's going to be a party on the 23rd of this month, in this thread, or Arsenal's official thread.

Come with your Aso Ebi or you can even come naked, whatever rocks your boat.

Time: 11pm.

DJ Dayokanu will be here or there[Arsenal's thread] to make this place or that place lively.

NB: No African time.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havilah93(m): 6:04pm On Dec 21, 2013
Citeh no dey smile ooo.

Blitzing away with goals anyhow
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Babamide(m): 7:48am On Dec 22, 2013
I feel Chelsea's major problem is player management. In the last 3yrs, the only player that has been given playing time and support even with his bad performance is Fernando Torres.
Let us start with the GK. Presently, Courtois is not ready to extend his contract with chelsea if he is not guaranteed first team. Cech is still a magnificent goalkeeper but in 2yrs time we would be ready for a replacement. How is Chelsea going to manage that situation??
Ryan Bertrand looks like a brainless dude anytime he plays but even at that we should stick with him during some games. I can remember when gibbs started to play for arsenal, he was sworn at week in week out. But now he has a better chance of being called up to the world cup squad than ashley cole does. Even Liverpool's Flanagan who looks like a leaf on water is more match confident than Bertrand or Ashley Cole at the moment
Take a look at the game against sunderland. Ivanovic was suspended, a tired Azpilicueta moved back to 2, match rusty ashley cole was brought in. When Azpilicueta took a knock, we turned to Uncle Essien. All things being equal, if Azpilicueta had no been playing at left back all these while, we should have started 2fresh, well rested players in that position.
Moving up to DM position. We have been rotating around Mikel (the slow poke), Ramirez(who is not a defensive midfielder), 34yrs old Lampard and an even older Michael Essien. No chance in the team for Oriel Romeu or Josh Mchearchan. Last season, I remember Rafa giving Nathan ake some time to play as DM.
The game against Sunderland, Mikel and Lampard were allowed to play 120mins knowing fully well that we were facing arsenal in 6days.
Finally, the forward position. Whoever allowed Lukaku to go on loan while signing a 32yr old replacement is stark MAd! Tell me which team has a 32 year old striker?? Apart from westbrom who signed Anelka
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:31am On Dec 22, 2013
Babamide: I feel Chelsea's major problem is player management. In the last 3yrs, the only player that has been given playing time and support even with his bad performance is Fernando Torres.
Let us start with the GK. Presently, Courtois is not ready to extend his contract with chelsea if he is not guaranteed first team. Cech is still a magnificent goalkeeper but in 2yrs time we would be ready for a replacement. How is Chelsea going to manage that situation??
Ryan Bertrand looks like a brainless dude anytime he plays but even at that we should stick with him during some games. I can remember when gibbs started to play for arsenal, he was sworn at week in week out. But now he has a better chance of being called up to the world cup squad than ashley cole does. Even Liverpool's Flanagan who looks like a leaf on water is more match confident than Bertrand or Ashley Cole at the moment
Take a look at the game against sunderland. Ivanovic was suspended, a tired Azpilicueta moved back to 2, match rusty ashley cole was brought in. When Azpilicueta took a knock, we turned to Uncle Essien. All things being equal, if Azpilicueta had no been playing at left back all these while, we should have started 2fresh, well rested players in that position.
Moving up to DM position. We have been rotating around Mikel (the slow poke), Ramirez(who is not a defensive midfielder), 34yrs old Lampard and an even older Michael Essien. No chance in the team for Oriel Romeu or Josh Mchearchan. Last season, I remember Rafa giving Nathan ake some time to play as DM.
The game against Sunderland, Mikel and Lampard were allowed to play 120mins knowing fully well that we were facing arsenal in 6days.
Finally, the forward position. Whoever allowed Lukaku to go on loan while signing a 32yr old replacement is stark MAd! Tell me which team has a 32 year old striker?? Apart from westbrom who signed Anelka

Poor squad management. A lot of it to be blamed on poor squad planning by Emenalo. There is no incentive for wingers to do well at Chelsea cos Emenalo will just buy replacement over your head anyway. The worst victim is Kevin De Bruyne, not to mention Schurrle and Willian, Moses, Thorgan and Piazon. 'Overcompetition' is a disincentive. They might as well give up and lose motivation. On the other hand, 'Unfair competition' as faced by Sturridge and Lukaku is criminal. The only player treated with any dignity as you mentioned is the biggest failure of them all, Torres. Meanwhile 'Under competition' in central midfield, a situation engineered by Emenalo to favour his countryman Mikel and his favourite signing Ramires. Hence the midfield is parading 3 players in their mid-thirties (Mikel, Lamps and Essien) and one headless chicken runner.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 1:37pm On Dec 22, 2013
@ibime

It just makes me sick anytime you run ur wide mouth calling ramirez headless chicken.. its just unfair , someone giving his best he can , i wonder if you can kick a ball, bad belle, all chelseas woes is because of that headless chicken ,right, common say something else jare
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:54pm On Dec 22, 2013

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:08am On Dec 23, 2013
^^
Thats a good move. However, he'll be ineligible for the Champions League.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 23, 2013
Tonight is the night.
We must party like it's 1980.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by aventura: 12:03pm On Dec 23, 2013
Please oo. there would be a party tonight at the arsenal thread. Don't forget to come along with your IVs as some overzealous man u fans would want to party along...

If you have not gotten an IV, endeavor to see CFC fan before the game starts.

Attendance is mandatory, Come one Come all.

BLUES FOR LIFE. cool cool

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havilah93(m): 12:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
^^ and there would also be plenty to eat and drink.

On the house of course! grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by aventura: 12:32pm On Dec 23, 2013
I don't know why Torres2 is delaying with the isiewu. Please who has her number.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havilah93(m): 2:42pm On Dec 23, 2013
aventura: I don't know why Torres2 is delaying with the isiewu. Please who has her number.

Dont worry. I'm in charge of that. wink
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
No party 2day abeg grin. The game should end in a goaless draw. Make Mourinho adopt the same strategy he used away to Manure.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 190theclown: 3:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
If Terry and Cahill play in CB Chelsea will lose. If IVa and Luiz play CB or Ivan and Cahill with Luiz in midfield Chelsea will win. Plus if Torres the Terrible play - not matter who else playe, Chelsea will lose.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 3:46pm On Dec 23, 2013
Austeenx: Tonight is the night.
We must party like it's 1980.

Arsenal thread all the way
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 3:46pm On Dec 23, 2013
aventura: Please oo. there would be a party tonight at the arsenal thread. Don't forget to come along with your IVs as some overzealous man u fans would want to party along...

If you have not gotten an IV, endeavor to see CFC fan before the game starts.

Attendance is mandatory, Come one Come all.

BLUES FOR LIFE. cool cool

I will be there live n direct........ Pls, will there be takeaways available?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 3:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
Havilah93: ^^ and there would also be plenty to eat and drink.

On the house of course! grin grin

Wowwwwwww .......... I cant just wait
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 3:48pm On Dec 23, 2013
alekside: No party 2day abeg grin. The game should end in a goaless draw. Make Mourinho adopt the same strategy he used away to Manure.

That wouldnt happen today.....Trust me
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 23, 2013
aventura: I don't know why Torres2 is delaying with the isiewu. Please who has her number.

grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by wonlasewonimi: 4:10pm On Dec 23, 2013
You guys have to accept that chelsea has been rubbish lately...so don't keep your hopes up on this.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 23, 2013
chelseabmw:

That wouldnt happen today.....Trust me
Ok, I will settle for a score draw then. Chelsea defense is not having the best of times and Arsenal defense without Kos would be shaky against any top team. 2-2 would be great.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by aventura: 4:27pm On Dec 23, 2013
chelseabmw:

I will be there live n direct........ Pls, will there be takeaways available?
Young man do you think you're in Nigeria angry angry You would eat what you're giving.

CFC fan please come with the bouncers, this Nigerian wants to cause havoc cool cool.

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (19491) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Joezinho and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.