Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,600 members, 7,888,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:18 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10867472 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7179) (7180) (7181) (7182) (7183) (7184) (7185) ... (19621) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 10:27am On May 02, 2019
larride:

So I compared the season Vidic won POTY to this VVD breathtaking season, look what I found. grin

Vidic has almost double everything he had. It’s mind blowing. If anyone dare compare VVD with Vidic again, the person will receive e-knock.
Lee-MAO
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 10:32am On May 02, 2019
airmark:

I thought Raumdeuter told us tackles were done because of poor positioning or defending.

Be that as it may, I was surprised you were using only tackles to know who did dirty jobs. What happened to aerial duel won?

If you want to join aparisports, you don't need to ask us for approval.

grin

You want TAA and Robertson who are shorter than VVD and are full back to compete with him aerially?

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:36am On May 02, 2019
larride:

So I compared the season Vidic won POTY to this VVD breathtaking season, look what I found. grin

Vidic has almost double everything he had. It’s mind blowing. If anyone dare compare VVD with Vidic again, the person will receive e-knock.

As it has been shown he is not even the best defender with a name starting from V it is pathetic that some even said he is ferdinand, Maldini, Terry rolled into one.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:44am On May 02, 2019
larride:

grin

You want TAA and Robertson who are shorter than VVD and are full back to compete with him aerially?

So you expected a player who mostly finds himself in the box as the last man to be doing tackles more than those playing outside of it?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:58am On May 02, 2019
airmark:

Tackles are suddenly important, you are shameless.

If you are blind contact unlimited22 he's a eye doctor

Every metric Vidic bossed virtual venereal disease

It got to a stage vvd was begging for others to come and support him

Best defender in the world kwa. Who met best attacker and started begging for support

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:00am On May 02, 2019
airmark who did it better

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:03am On May 02, 2019
raumdeuter:

If you are blind contact unlimited22 he's a eye doctor

Every metric Vidic bossed virtual venereal disease

It got to a stage vvd was begging for others to come and support him

Best defender in the world kwa. Who met best attacker and started begging for support

Oponu, larride used tackles to claim that Robertson and Anold were the ones doing the dirty jobs and not Van dijk. You didn't tell him to shut up as tackles are not what should be used to measure defenders' brilliance. Instead you backed his view. Mumu.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 11:08am On May 02, 2019
raumdeuter:

grin
I just hope baba no shit for field with that posture o
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:09am On May 02, 2019
raumdeuter:

cool

Your useless Boathand was destroyed by Messi the last time he went to Nou camp and left for the dead after eating the grass.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 11:28am On May 02, 2019
larride:
airmark raumdueter

Looking at VVD stats compared to his partners in Liverpool defense, VVD has the least tackle attempted and tackle won but surprisingly he has like triple their clearance.

If we look at it closely it seems Matip, TAA, Robertson are the one doing all the dirty job while VVD just clear the ball out.

What do you think? grin
I saw a post that vvd has 34 tackles in his last 36 games. That's like 1 tackle per match. It's poor, it shows he shys away from marking players

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:31am On May 02, 2019
airmark:

cool

Your useless Boathand was destroyed by Messi the last time he went to Nou camp and left for the dead after eating the grass.

Boateng met messi at the 2010 world cup and held him scoreless
Boateng met messi at the world cup final and held him scoreless,
boateng met messi even Bayern won the treble and held him scoreless

Every time venereal disease is meeting Messi na disgrace with celtic and with liverpool

Yesterday he was even calling neighbors to help Boateng went to face messi one on one and wasn't begging neighbors to help

When will vvd win a world cup and CL at this rate

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 11:33am On May 02, 2019
airmark:

Oponu, larride used tackles to claim that Robertson and Anold were the ones doing the dirty jobs and not Van dijk. You didn't tell him to shut up as tackles are not what should be used to measure defenders' brilliance. Instead you backed his view. Mumu.

grin

Let’s see this;

Tackles: VVD - 35, TAA - 57
Tackles won: VVD - 25, TAA - 37
Interception: VVD - 40, TAA - 33
Clearance: VVD - 193, TAA - 54
Minute played: VVD - 3205, TAA - 2286

Tackles: VVD - 35, Robertson - 78
Tackles won: VVD - 25, Robertson - 48
Interception: VVD - 40, Robertson - 29
Clearance: VVD - 193, Robertson - 44
Minute played: VVD - 3205, Robertson - 3045

Tackles: VVD - 35, Matip - 36
Tackles won: VVD - 25, Matip - 24
Interception: VVD - 40, Matip - 28
Clearance: VVD - 193, Matip - 71
Minute played: VVD - 3205, Matip - 1445

Now looking at the above stat, you can see that VVD, TAA, Robertson and Matip have comparable tackles and interception but VVD has almost triple their clearance. Now make your deduction.

With this few points of mine, I hope I have been able to convince you and not confuse you that TAA, Robertson, Matip and even Allison have contributed heavily to the improvement of Liverpool defense.

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 11:36am On May 02, 2019
lordfalcao:
I saw a post that vvd has 34 tackles in his last 36 games. That's like 1 tackle per match. It's poor, it shows he shys away from marking players

Even the positioning that they say he has and that’s the reason he doesn’t tackle much, baba has an average 1.1 interception per game. 40 interception in 36 games grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 11:39am On May 02, 2019
larride:

Even the positioning that they say he has and that’s the reason he doesn’t tackle much, baba has an average 1.1 interception per game. 40 interception in 36 games grin
baba was running away from dribble yesterday grin
At one stage messi went to meet him, he ran back calling on reinforcement

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:41am On May 02, 2019
larride:

Na to buude ball baba sabi like defenders for agege stadium
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:43am On May 02, 2019
sod09:

I wanted to say he ran away like the cockless Theon Greyjoy but I come remember say Theon redeemed himself

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 11:46am On May 02, 2019
raumdeuter:

I wanted to say he ran away like the cockless Theon Greyjoy but I come remember say Theon redeemed himself
but he is still a good man wink
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:47am On May 02, 2019
lordfalcao:

That's why we always hear that he has never been dribbled, how will you get dribbled if all you do is to run from attackers

Scam footballers don plenty these days sha, person became best player in the league by hiding from marking players

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:48am On May 02, 2019
lordfalcao:

Ask your mentor, raumdeuter about tackles. Even Fraudiola will ask you what's tackle?

Bamba would have been the best cb/player in epl if they allowed a novice like you to have a say in football matters.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by biomustry: 11:56am On May 02, 2019
airmark:

All thanks to Vidal who covered for the spineless dm.
Indeed my buroda

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by biomustry: 11:57am On May 02, 2019
Haha

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:58am On May 02, 2019
larride:

grin

Let’s see this;

Now looking at the above stat, you can see that VVD, TAA, Robertson and Matip have comparable tackles and interception but VVD has almost triple their clearance. Now make your deduction.

With this few points of mine, I hope I have been able to convince you and not confuse you that TAA, Robertson, Matip and even Allison have contributed heavily to the improvement of Liverpool defense.

With these few points of yours, you have successfully got admitted to aparisports, with elruditor, lordfalcao, afaulty and other mumus ready to welcome you.

To you, an interception of a lofted pass going away from the goal mouth to the flank, carries the same threat as the one shutting down a through pass going to a striker on goal. grin I don't even need to talk about tackles and clearances.

To you aerial duels is not important, hence no need to enter your board.

A scummy will always be a scummy.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:00pm On May 02, 2019
biomustry:
Haha

You must be from Ibadan to have called Virgil, Virgin.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:05pm On May 02, 2019
larride:

grin

Let’s see this;

Don't confuse yourself with stats. Full backs and CBs have different jobs on the pitch, hence the disparity in tackles and clearances. For example the byline where fullbacks operate is a safe place to make tackles but the penalty box where CBs operate is not.

If you are good on your clearances, you should not need to make as many tackles. That means you are in position to clear the ball before danger develops requiring you to tackle. In the same way, I do not expect fullbacks to make as many clearances as CBs because the box is where you make clearances which is CB zone.

Interceptions are neither here nor there. They are correlated to stopping counterattacks.

What you should do is show us VVD clearances against other CBs in EPL to get a better view.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 12:15pm On May 02, 2019
Ibime:

Don't confuse yourself with stats. Full backs and CBs have different jobs on the pitch, hence the disparity in tackles and clearances. For example the byline where fullbacks operate is a safe place to make tackles but the penalty box where CBs operate is not.

If you are good on your clearances, you should not need to make as many tackles. That means you are in position to clear the ball before danger develops requiring you to tackle. In the same way, I do not expect fullbacks to make as many clearances as CBs because the box is where you make clearances which is CB zone.

Interceptions are neither here nor there. They are correlated to stopping counterattacks.

What you should do is show us VVD clearances against other CBs in EPL to get a better view.
leave dat guy mk he dey "megedefiegede"

Comparing d roles of central defenders vs 2/3.

when we compare iniesta vs Lampard another episode
"megedefiegede " go start

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by biomustry: 12:17pm On May 02, 2019
airmark:

You must be from Ibadan to have called Virgil, Virgin.
I have never been to Ibadan, I don't know who u r shading tho
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 12:20pm On May 02, 2019
sod09:

That shiiit was funny as 4ck!....i just laugh where I dey sip my beer see Van Djik Japa grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 12:21pm On May 02, 2019
The difference bw lemme say Luiz nd VVD is dat 1 reads d game n gv a better response while d oda tends 2 clumsily reacts to an approach i.e making tackles instead of intercepting
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 12:24pm On May 02, 2019
BlueRayDick:

That shiiit was funny as 4ck!....i just laugh where I dey sip my beer see Van Djik Japa grin
How do u expect a mortal 2 understand d n reacts 2 a "god"

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 12:26pm On May 02, 2019
Segedinho:
The difference bw lemme say Luiz nd VVD is dat 1 reads d game n gv a better response while d oda tends 2 clumsily reacts to an approach i.e making tackles instead of intercepting
Bros let us not go very far na....David Luiz is a goat.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 12:29pm On May 02, 2019
Ibime:

How can clearance be greater than tackles and interceptions for a CB? Really?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 12:29pm On May 02, 2019
grin grin grin grin
i was just shouting see VVD
BlueRayDick:

(1) (2) (3) ... (7179) (7180) (7181) (7182) (7183) (7184) (7185) ... (19621) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: popizaino(m), Sportsweb, SirAce and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.