Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,139 members, 7,981,017 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 10:09 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11336768 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (20068) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 4:14pm On Aug 28, 2012
[b][/b]
Ibime:

Yeah, Torres fanboys know he cant lose this season.

And why is that my friend? Cos it seems to us that you are trying to speak from both sides of your mouth.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:04pm On Aug 28, 2012
One good game in 3 and guys are already ejaculatng over the thread. How can he lose. Anything is acceptable from Torres even output that almost any decent striker can post with this team
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 6:14pm On Aug 28, 2012
Ibime: One good game in 3 and guys are already ejaculatng over the thread. How can he lose. Anything is acceptable from Torres even output that almost any decent striker can post with this team

ibime - 90% of his criticisms are not justified - you retards just jump on his back at any given opportunity even when he fails to convert half-chances!
one thing is clear - chelsea must play to get the best out of torres - it's a travesty that the fat spanish waiter(benitez) has more managerial nous than the entire chelsea technical team!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 6:32pm On Aug 28, 2012
I'm with Ibime on this. So far mr FT has posted only one good performance in 3 matches. FACT!
Meanwhile, its Atletico Madrid next!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 6:56pm On Aug 28, 2012
Ibime: One good game in 3 and guys are already ejaculatng over the thread. How can he lose. Anything is acceptable from Torres even output that almost any decent striker can post with this team

Bros come back and tell us how you came about this statement.

Ibime:

Yeah, Torres fanboys know he cant lose this season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:06pm On Aug 28, 2012
Na you go argue why he no lose na. You done start already after one good game in three even arguing for previous seasons where "no one could understand his movement" . Start of season you've already set bar low for Torres telling us he could score 20 tap ins this season to make a successful season so I doubt Torres can lose with you around to trumpet his averageness into greatness!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 7:46pm On Aug 28, 2012
Ibime: Na you go argue why he no lose na. You done start already after one good game in three even arguing for previous seasons where "no one could understand his movement" . Start of season you've already set bar low for Torres telling us he could score 20 tap ins this season to make a successful season so I doubt Torres can lose with you around to trumpet his averageness into greatness!!!

Dude I am not setting the bar low for Torres. I am just being realistic. On the other hand you want him to score 35 goals before you can consider him decent and that's on the back of his transfer fee. This is one of the many fronts where we disagree on Torres.

I have repeated for the umpteenth time that Torres was never at any point going to justify a #50m signing for the very reason that he has never been one. This is where my realism stems from. What do you want me to do? Elevate Torres' status to inter-galactic stardom? However, to you, my realism is deemed as making excuses.

----------------------------------------------

Also I do not know where one in 3 games performance comes in. I cannot find a single player rating on the internet that considered Torres' performance against Reading poor. Go find one.

No one's called his performance great. I am just glad he is putting in a shift and from the team we've put together, he will score bucket load of goals. If anything, you are the one who nitpicks on Torres' performance. Torres' euro performance is a one-off. 3 goals to win the Euros' golden boot is average. (Even though he wasn't the only striker in the tournament). Torres' goal against City was a flash in the pan. Let's see what he does in the prem. Torres was poor against Wigan, his goal against reading - offside. Goal against Newcastle - one in 3. Performance against Newcastle - one in 3.

We already know what the likes of you will say even if he scores 30 goals - Torres is average, why can't he score 40?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 7:52pm On Aug 28, 2012
The main reason why Torres would do better this season is that he has no compertition for the striker spot. Drogba out, kalou out, Lukaku out

So even if he misfires for 13 games they would still play him in the 14th

Man Utd has Rooney, VPersie, Welbeck, Hernandez, Berbatov

Arsenal has Giroud, Podolski, Chamakh and bendtner

City has Aguero ballotelli, tevez and Dzeko

Chelsea has Torres cos Sturridge plays more as a Right sided attacker

Even if you put Mercy Akide there, She would score
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 7:58pm On Aug 28, 2012
dayokanu: The main reason why Torres would do better this season is that he has no compertition for the striker spot. Drogba out, kalou out, Lukaku out

You see what I mean? Coming from the camp who claim that Torres will never lose.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 8:13pm On Aug 28, 2012
nateevs:

You see what I mean? Coming from the camp who claim that Torres will never lose.

How can he lose in such situation when he is the only striker no competition. Which other club in Europe has only one striker.

Same reason i captained him on my Fantasy team from Day 1
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 1025: 8:27pm On Aug 28, 2012
how many strikers did spain win the euro 2012 with?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 8:32pm On Aug 28, 2012
@Ibime
Arguing now is a waste of time let's see how he fares when the going gets a little tougher

Why is Falcao to Chelsea trending worldwide?? Lol @ the desperate nigga that started this rumor
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:09pm On Aug 28, 2012
A-40:
@Ibime
Arguing now is a waste of time let's see how he fares when the going gets a little tougher

Why is Falcao to Chelsea trending worldwide?? Lol @ the desperate nigga that started this rumor

All those jobless twitter agents are at it again.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 9:32pm On Aug 28, 2012
dayokanu:

Even if you put Mercy Akide there, She would score

LOL
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 11:40pm On Aug 28, 2012
All of a sudden, Torres is no longer useless. The general consensus from the anti-Torres camp now is that he will score because he "has no competition". Who uses such logic to justify things?

Dudes have realised that the sheer amount of talent being built around Torres will create an unprecedented amount of chances in box that Torres will benefit from. How the actors are moving goal posts.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 11:45pm On Aug 28, 2012
nateevs: All of a sudden, Torres is no longer useless. The general consensus from the anti-Torres camp now is that he will score because he "has no competition". Who uses such logic to justify things?

Dudes have realised that the sheer amount of talent being built around Torres will create an unprecedented amount of chances in box that Torres will benefit from. How the actors are moving goal posts.

Mercy Akide would score in the same situation. Now means Torres has improved? Let Chelsea get one other striker like Falcao and lets see what would become of Torres
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by fredoooooo: 12:02am On Aug 29, 2012
dayokanu:

Mercy Akide would score in the same situation. Now means Torres has improved? Let Chelsea get one other striker like Falcao and lets see what would become of Torres

grin grin grin grin grin grin you too get bad mouth grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:41am On Aug 29, 2012
dayokanu:

So let me get this straight. Your point is any striker will score in "the same situation". Now, based on the history of the discussion, I take it you mean "increased number of chances" when you refer to 'the same situation'. Which invariably means Torres will score whne there are chances.

Is this not the point the pro Torres camp has always held?

Unless of course you are saying he will score because there's no competition, which to me is absolutely absurd.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 6:25am On Aug 29, 2012
Torres would score because there are no other competitors for his position and he would get more chances than an average striker due to lack of options in the striking position
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:54am On Aug 29, 2012
nateevs:

This simply means you have no faith in Torres. Your faith lies in the new players Chelsea just spent serious money on. You have LOVE for Torres and and hope the new signings make things easy for him even feeding him with tap ins. So you are in the same boat with us. You have zero confidence in Torres but 100% confidence in hazard et al. One wonders how the likes of DeMBA ba, odemwingie, rvp etc get by with only Theo Walcott like players to feed them. In other words you don't expect Torres to contribute but to be carried along by those around him. . . . But mark my words, you will regret carrying such passenger when it comes to the crunch games and his teammates can't bail him out.

And if Chelsea dare sign another striker you will start screaming for mercy for Torres tortured soul. How dare he have to fight for his spot. 5 minutes of sitting on the bench always sends his confidence into a critical tailspin.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 9:40am On Aug 29, 2012
dayokanu: Torres would score because there are no other competitors for his position and he would get more chances than an average striker due to lack of options in the striking position

But according to you, he had 2 months with 'no competition' during the ACN this year, yet he didn't score. . . what has changed? The addition of more creators?

We might as well say the same thing about Messi - he'll get more chances than an average striker because Barca invariably start him in games once he is fit, with excellent creators like Xavi and Iniesta behind him. Would that be sufficient to term him a shekpe keeper too? grin

Note - this isn't remotely a 'defence' of Torres, just exposing the poor logic being used by those in the anti-Torres camp.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:46am On Aug 29, 2012
grin grin grin grin

why not if not?

Torres go score wella na, Didier don carry the juju wey e dey take tie other chelsea striker go china na. na today? tongue tongue

moreover, no how no how, since diving na bonus reward activity for chelsea, by the time e go four games withou goal, dem go tell the team say na torres make e take am!! chikena.

Bottom line is i set him a bar of 20 goals and thats if hazard stays fit through the season.

why do you folks disbelieve the twitter rumours? you have just one striker as pointed out, and baba olowo oil well never dry na
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mustay(m): 10:52am On Aug 29, 2012
Penkelemeesi.

It's funny how we try to bring up excuses just to justify somethings. The difference between analysing and criticizing is that while the latter seeks to achieve a 100% perfection before there's no mundane point to churn out again, the former brings out the merits/demerits, achievements and flaws.

Inasmuch as the end-product (scoring -the reason Torres was bought) was not as expected of Torres last season, he still had good runs and assists for the team IMO.

iGuess this pic is what some 'll then call perfect abi

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 2:07pm On Aug 29, 2012
debosky:

But according to you, he had 2 months with 'no competition' during the ACN this year, yet he didn't score. . . what has changed? The addition of more creators?

We might as well say the same thing about Messi - he'll get more chances than an average striker because Barca invariably start him in games once he is fit, with excellent creators like Xavi and Iniesta behind him. Would that be sufficient to term him a shekpe keeper too? grin

Note - this isn't remotely a 'defence' of Torres, just exposing the poor logic being used by those in the anti-Torres camp.

Messi is not starting because he doesnt have competition, He is starting because he is better than the competition

Torres is starting not because he is better than the competition he is starting because he has no competition

And if you start for so long you would score someday

E.g If there was another striker on the books of Chelsea after the Torres horrible displays vs Wigan and Reading he would have been subbed out before he got that offside goal and might not even start vs Newcastle
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 1025: 2:07pm On Aug 29, 2012
Mustay: Penkelemeesi.

It's funny how we try to bring up excuses just to justify somethings. The difference between analysing and criticizing is that while the latter seeks to achieve a 100% perfection before there's no mundane point to churn out again, the former brings out the merits/demerits, achievements and flaws.

Inasmuch as the end-product (scoring -the reason Torres was bought) was not as expected of Torres last season, he still had good runs and assists for the team IMO.

iGuess this pic is what some 'll then call perfect abi

uncle, there is something we call; DOING THE RIGHT THING AT THE WRONG TIME.
uncle, there is something we call; BIG OCCASION
uncle, GOALS DEY PASS GOALS

if you listened to the commentator on that finals of champions league when Drogba scored, he said and i quote "THIS IS A GOAL OF DESTINY COMING FROM A MAN WE KNOW THAT WILL SCORE"

while that commentator called it A GOAL OF DESTINY, others will call it A SOCCER PUNCH but for me, it is, A LIFE CHANGING GOAL.

how do u want to compare such 1 goal with a hat trick against wycombe in a carling cup?

that Drogba's goal tops every other goal in the history of the club. some 37 goals can't be exchanged for that just 1 goal.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mustay(m): 3:06pm On Aug 29, 2012
Drogba promised to visit the club before he left. . .Drogba's Chinko team are having issues. . .Drogba trains with the football team in line with his 'visit'. . .then transfer rumours are linking him back with Chelsea. iChuckle in ninja style ooo. I'd rather 'believe' the rumour that links him with Juve and PSG.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 29, 2012
A dud is a dud until proven otherwise.
Win the golden boot this season.

With Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Ramires, Moses, Betrand in the team, that isn't asking too much.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mustay(m): 3:18pm On Aug 29, 2012
@1025 Sir,
1 Goals dey pass goals, we know

0 It doesn't mean RVP had a 'less better' season than the other

2 I wouldn't be surprised if Nandos tops the chart at the season-end and someone starts with "oh, he scored 60% penalties", "16 were tap-ins", "6 were controversial offsides" and the likes.
5 Performance evaluation considers several factors. Some just want to sha "utaka and ataka" a player for minute reasons or sometimes, silly reasons. I remember an analysis I saw which compared Torres vs Drogba's input to the eam last season but that may not really matter, Drogs scored when we needed him most.. If the likes of Mikel and Torres were not adding value to the team, they'd been 'malou-danu' (thrown) away from the team. cool

Messrs Torres has exhibited an increase in confidence this season. iBet he's gonna perform well this season and silence his critics. May shall tell.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 1025: 4:16pm On Aug 29, 2012
Mustay: @1025 Sir,
1 Goals dey pass goals, we know

0 It doesn't mean RVP had a 'less better' season than the other

2 I wouldn't be surprised if Nandos tops the chart at the season-end and someone starts with "oh, he scored 60% penalties", "16 were tap-ins", "6 were controversial offsides" and the likes.
5 Performance evaluation considers several factors. Some just want to sha "utaka and ataka" a player for minute reasons or sometimes, silly reasons. I remember an analysis I saw which compared Torres vs Drogba's input to the eam last season but that may not really matter, Drogs scored when we needed him most.. If the likes of Mikel and Torres were not adding value to the team, they'd been 'malou-danu' (thrown) away from the team. cool

Messrs Torres has exhibited an increase in confidence this season. iBet he's gonna perform well this season and silence his critics. May shall tell.

the prayer of everyone at chelsea including fans all over the world is that we begin to see the best of Torres. i was only reacting to ur photo comparisms about the goal machines in epl. talking about goal importance, Torres made history when he forced valdes to roll on the floor like a baby and turned him like a heavy built man turning a woman on bed and then scored a goal that turned camp nou into a grave yard.
van persie's goals earn him an award while drogab's earned chelsea the historical dream trophy. don't forget drogba is not the king of wembley for nothing. na goals.
as for mikel, i don't want to start his topic because he is THE SECRET WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION there in chelsea.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 29, 2012
Ibime: You could claim 2 goals in 3 matches but I see one good performance in three matches. Abject against Wigan, poor against reading and one good performance against Newcastle is enough to drive the fanboys out the closet for a fifty mills striker of all people?

What disrespect to all of shekpe keepers teammates over the last two years to claim he has extraterrestrial movement but no one was on his wavelength. What kind of excuses won't cockboys make for shekpe keeper. Someone whose been so ineffective since June 2010 because Gerrard, benayoun, lampard, Mata, iniesta, Xavi, Silva and co couldn't understand his movements. Instead of claiming that they see small improvement in Torres it's everyone's fault over the last two years

IB there's a dude that got to give you the Damn reason to start believing in Torres, and that One Dude is Hazard -- No doubt bout their Understanding and Electric Moves, could have El Nino notching in 30Goals tis Season! cheesy cheesy

Nateevs Jxt bought Himself an Army
grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 5:37pm On Aug 29, 2012
[url][/url]
Ibime:

This simply means you have no faith in Torres. Your faith lies in the new players Chelsea just spent serious money on. You have LOVE for Torres and and hope the new signings make things easy for him even feeding him with tap ins. So you are in the same boat with us. You have zero confidence in Torres but 100% confidence in hazard et al. One wonders how the likes of DeMBA ba, odemwingie, rvp etc get by with only Theo Walcott like players to feed them. In other words you don't expect Torres to contribute but to be carried along by those around him. . . . But mark my words, you will regret carrying such passenger when it comes to the crunch games and his teammates can't bail him out.

And if Chelsea dare sign another striker you will start screaming for mercy for Torres tortured soul. How dare he have to fight for his spot. 5 minutes of sitting on the bench always sends his confidence into a critical tailspin.

Oh please man! What you are doing here is a display of complete lack of understanding of our point of view of Torres from eons.
Your inference from my post, as a lack of confidence in Torres is silly at best.

I posted videos here of Torres' goals in a Liverpool shirt. You think all those goals were put on a plate for him? Here's the video - watch again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3JUdryT9zI

What Torres did against Newcastle to win the penalty that Hazard scored is very reminiscent of goals No 12 and 15 in the video posted above. When I see Torres in a blue shirt having the confidence to pull that off, I know he is finding his feet. Torres will get a lot of chances from the football intelligence of Hazard, Marin, Oscar, Mata but what is far more important is that the goals he scores from the sheer amount of chances created is capable of bringing back the Torres of old that creates chances for himself - The Liverpool Torres.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 6:02pm On Aug 29, 2012
GOAL NO 12 VS MARSEILLE IN THE CL HAS ALWAYS BEEN AND REMAINS MY FAVOURITE GOAL OF HIS.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (20068) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lordfalcao(m), fatherofnone(m), Amigoss and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.