Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,923 members, 7,872,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:52 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9064) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10783647 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9061) (9062) (9063) (9064) (9065) (9066) (9067) ... (19491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 11:47am On Jun 14, 2020
Bobrisky on this one grin

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 11:51am On Jun 14, 2020
Ibime:
@ A40,

Who do we blame for this?

I've said it - 80% of Americas problem is due to 2nd Amendment rights. Had this happened in the UK, UK police would have to find a way to subdue the guy without reaching for gun. On the other hand, grabbing Police Officers taser in Yankee will get you shot every time.

See how a pleasant conversation degenerated into death at the first sign of conflict due to the presence of guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOiKgmCJwls

Saw this earlier today. Those cops need to go to jail though. Why shoot a man in the back while he is running AWAY with a taser.

The way those cops allowed a simple conversation to degenerate to killing the man is sad. Or i should say the way they allowed their racial bigotry to convert a simple convo into a killing.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:05pm On Jun 14, 2020
afrodoc2:

Saw this earlier today. Those cops need to go to jail though. Why shoot a man in the back while he is running AWAY with a taser.

The way those cops allowed a simple conversation to degenerate to killing the man is sad. Or i should say the way they allowed their racial bigotry to convert a simple convo into a killing.

He wasn't running away, he shot them with their own taser. The brother made a terrible decision, although you could argue that the reaction is too heavy-handed, but they will justifiably argue they cant wait for him to pull their guns out their holster same as the taser, and put their lives in danger.

What would be the outcome with a Nigerian cop.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 12:09pm On Jun 14, 2020
Ibime:

He wasn't running away, he shot them with their own taser. The brother made a terrible decision, although you could argue that the reaction is too heavy-handed, but they will justifiably argue they cant wait for him to pull their guns out their holster same as the taser, and put their lives in danger.

U don ever see person wey fight SARS before grin

But Shaa dem no go shoot you but the beatings you will receive will be out of this world..

Had seen guys fought police on one or two occasions.. highest dem go hang up bully you carry you enter Hilux..

Naija police no too dey trigger happy like em Yankee popo.

Only thing is they re more of thugs and illiterates
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 12:13pm On Jun 14, 2020
Ibime:

The cop has been fired and the police chief has resigned. There are a number of videos out there. Their reaction was indeed heavy-handed to the extreme.
There are a number of videos out there that give a more comprehensive picture. He took the taser of the cop and started running away, the first cop gave chase with a taser and there was a brief taser fight. The second cop came in and gunned him down.

In response to your question, they (African-Americans) are not using the Nigerian cop standard, rather they are justifiably using the standards the same American cops use for employing mortal force against white Americans.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by biomustry: 12:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
A Norwich City player tested positive for corona, how epl go be nw
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 12:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
Lol

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 12:32pm On Jun 14, 2020
Ibime:

Who do we blame for this?

I've said it - 80% of Americas problem is due to 2nd Amendment rights. Had this happened in the UK, UK police would have to find a way to subdue the guy without reaching for gun. On the other hand, grabbing Police Officers taser in Yankee will get you shot every time.

See how a pleasant conversation degenerated into death at the first sign of conflict due to the presence of guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOiKgmCJwls

But Ibime, why was the man going to be arrested?

The man was drunk and he attested to that.
He was willing to walk to his sister's house and come the next day to pick his car.

Is it a crime to be drunk over there? Because he wasnt caught driving

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:40pm On Jun 14, 2020
izzou:

But Ibime, why was the man going to be arrested?

The man was drunk and he attested to that.
He was willing to walk to his sister's house and come the next day to pick his car.

Is it a crime to be drunk over there? Because he wasnt caught driving

Left to me, I'll apply common sense and let the man walk, but arresting the man is within the law cos he drove there drunk. You cannot write laws and waive them. The officer could get in trouble if he does not arrest that man cos he has broken the law and the incident has been called in. What will he say to his supervisor? Yes, the man was DUI but I didn't arrest him? He could get pulled up in front of HR for that.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 12:44pm On Jun 14, 2020
Ibime:

Left to me, I'll apply common sense and let the man walk, but arresting the man is within the law cos he drove there drunk. You cannot write laws and waive them. The officer could get in trouble if he does not arrest that man cos he has broken the law and the incident has been called in. What will he say to his supervisor? Yes, the man was DUI but I didn't arrest him? He could get pulled up in front of HR for that.

Okay. I understand.

Na so person papa just take go like that sad
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:48pm On Jun 14, 2020
afrodoc2:

The cop has been fired and the police chief has resigned.

Police Chief resignation is purely political. What does Police Chief have to do with the action of that officer? I'm sure you've watched The Wire. Police Chief serves at the pleasure of the Mayor. Once Mayor Carcetti decide you have to be the sacrificial lamb for some civil unrest as Police Chief, you quickly fall on your sword while the Mayor offer you some £ms and full pension to balm your wounds for washing the situation for him.

It could even be as simple as the Mayor needing to be seen to take some action, or could be simple as the fact that Police Chief is white and next in line is black. What the Mayor needs right now is a black Police Chief that can go in front of cameras everyday and calm the civil unrest with compassionate/understanding words. A black Police Chief who the streets can relate to is exactly what the City needs right now, not because the current Chief did something wrong in the death of Rayshard Brooks or the subsequent investigation.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc(m): 1:11pm On Jun 14, 2020
Ibime:

Police Chief resignation is purely political. What does Police Chief have to do with the action of that officer? I'm sure you've watched The Wire. Police Chief serves at the pleasure of the Mayor. Once Mayor Carcetti decide you have to be the sacrificial lamb for some civil unrest as Police Chief, you quickly fall on your sword while the Mayor offer you some £ms and full pension to balm your wounds for washing the situation for him.

It could even be as simple as the fact that Police Chief is white and next in line is black. What the Mayor needs right now is a black Police Chief that can go in front of cameras everyday and calm the civil unrest with compassionate/understanding words. A black Police Chief who the streets can relate to is exactly what the City needs right now, not because the current Chief did something wrong in the death of Rayshard Brooks or the subsequent investigation.

Yeah it might have been political but it doesn’t take away from the excessive force used in this case. If white cops can be so nonchalant in applying violence in a majority black city then their white boss should go.

The officers escalated the situation, which is what they often do if it involves a black man.
They escalate it so they can have an opportunity to draw and fire their weapons. It is obviously their modus operandi.

With a white guy they often defuse the situation and apply common sense. They apply common sense because of the value they place on a white life. Not surprising coming from a country which constitutionally valued a black man as 3/5 of a person.

Have you seen Jay Pharaoh’s video? Apparently they knelt on his neck earlier this year as well. For nothing more than walking down the street and “looking” like a man they were after I.e being black.

When you see a pattern of behavior developing you stop believing in mistakes, a few rotten apples, and other excuses.
There is a systemic and systematic attack on blacks in that country, and this is just the latest example of it.

P.S I didn’t mean she did anything wrong, only that her resignation (and the immediate dismissal of the cop) was a tacit admission that the cops were in the wrong.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 1:14pm On Jun 14, 2020
God no go shame us ó grin

See boda Adigun explaining his way out of the box

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CBaekkQn9lG/?igshid=tmsr84hqv9dr
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:15pm On Jun 14, 2020
afrodoc:

Yeah it might have been political but it doesn’t take away from the excessive force used in this case. If white cops can be so nonchalant in applying violence in a majority black city then their white boss should go.

The officers escalated the situation, which is what they often do if it involves a black man.
They escalate it so they can have an opportunity to draw and fire their weapons. It is obviously their modus operandi.

With a white guy they often defuse the situation and apply common sense. They apply common sense because of the value they place on a white life. Not surprising coming from a country which constitutionally valued a black man as 3/5 of a person.

Have you seen Jay Pharaoh’s video? Apparently they knelt on his neck earlier this year as well. For nothing more than walking down the street and “looking” like a man they were after I.e being black.

When you see a pattern of behavior developing you stop believing in mistakes, a few rotten apples, and other excuses.
There is a systemic and systematic attack on blacks in that country, and this is just the latest example of it.

Maybe so, but the cop that killed Rayshard will easily beat any charge higher than manslaughter.

Your honour, he was engaged in a taser fight with my colleague. At the moment he stunned my colleague, I feared he would then grab his gun out of the holster and put my colleagues life in danger. My fear was heightened by him pulling my taser off its holster just seconds earlier. I had to act quickly as he was far away from me and I may not have been able to incapacitate him from that distance had he reached for my colleagues gun after he tasered him. It would have taken a few shots from me to incapacitate him but only one shot for him to kill my colleague.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc(m): 1:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Lmao.

Alapomeji that recited the names of all the top yahoo boys that year, hailing them one by one.

I dey struggle to finish the video. Laff wan kill me.
What does grass cutting have to do with anything?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc(m): 1:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
Ibime:

Maybe so, but the cop that killed Rayshard will easily beat any charge higher than manslaughter.

Your honour, he was engaged in a taser fight with my colleague. At the moment he stunned my colleague, I feared he would then grab his gun out of the holster and put my colleagues life.in danger. My fear was heightened by him pulling my taser off its holster just seconds earlier.

Manslaughter is not bad. Let him enter jail for some years. Previously people like this were getting promoted, now they are getting fired on the spot and charged to court.

It is a start.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 1:32pm On Jun 14, 2020
Kepa have been given the final nine games of the season to save his Chelsea career, with Lampard using the season restart to further assess his goalkeeping options.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 1:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
BlueRayDick:

grin grin grin

When you transfer money from Lagos to your younger brother in London, what did you do?

Ebuka: Errm..I transferred money

9ice: Which is wire wire. You wired money to him

grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Khaytunechi: 1:40pm On Jun 14, 2020
BlueRayDick:

9ice na Weyray oooo. He said 'God bless you'. Twisted every single question and ended the interview with 'Don't have a mind of negative'. Meddddd
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 1:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
afrodoc:

Lmao.

Alapomeji that recited the names of all the top yahoo boys that year, hailing them one by one.

I dey struggle to finish the video. Laff wan kill me.
What does grass cutting have to do with anything?

9ice na foool grin

I laugh tire watching the video myself
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 1:59pm On Jun 14, 2020
izzou:

grin grin grin

When you transfer money from Lagos to your younger brother in London, what did you do?

Ebuka: Errm..I transferred money

9ice: Which is wire wire. You wired money to him

grin

Ebuka sef worry....He knew there was no way he can explain am sef grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 2:00pm On Jun 14, 2020
Khaytunechi:

9ice na Weyray oooo. He said 'God bless you'. Twisted every single question and ended the interview with 'Don't have a mind of negative'. Meddddd

grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Singapore1(m): 2:01pm On Jun 14, 2020
BlueRayDick:

he's a fool .. you can't eat your cake and have it. he should pick a side and stop confusing his career
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 2:37pm On Jun 14, 2020
The role of the police in the United States is to serve and protect. I have seen numerous instances where the police calls the EMT to take those drunk or under the influence of drugs to the hospital or have a family member come pick him up. Guys, the man was drunk, can we understand that firstly? I mean, this is not even about white and black, the man was drunk and vulnerable.

Do you know how many EMTs stay on stand-by across the US every weekend for people coming out of pubs/ clubs drunk in the US? There is a reason.. The cops know there is that option, I have volunteered and I know! You don’t agitate a drunk person!!!! For crying out loud he was sleeping in his car drunk..

The moment you notice, it is not about law or no law because you are not the law!!!!it is your job to protect his vulnerability and guarantee his safety, white or black is irrelevant, that is your job! There was no need for a sobriety test! You already made a judgement that he was drunk while interrogating him in his car and he was calm throughout, you should be caling the EMT! You should be reassuring him of his safety, you should be engaging him in positive conversations that will not lead to fear, not asking his to walk and then using trigger words like ARREST to a drunk man!

There is a reason why we entrust police officers with weapons in our country and that is because we trust that they have undergone rigorous trainings so they can make rational judgements in difficult times, we are not supposed to excuse or justify their behaviors.

Do you realize in his drunken state he lacks the mental competence to make good judgement and he will win a case against the cops in any court? A very good prosecutor will make a good case against the police because his client lacked the capacity to make good decisions?..In his drunk state and asleep he did not pose any threat!!!! I am not talking about possible, I am speaking the state that he was when the cops met him, he was freaking asleep!!! In the court of law, sleep is a strong term and some interpret it as passive state of death because you are mostly unaware and vulnerable..

The problem goes back to trusting the police in black communities. The man had been tased to stupor on the ground! What was the worst thing that could have happened with him running away? You have his ID, his car!! I mean if you would shoot why not to disable? Why to kill?

33 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc(m): 2:39pm On Jun 14, 2020
BlueRayDick:

9ice na foool grin

I laugh tire watching the video myself

The guy talk say God bless you. Like those Yoruba programs that they will first say “Ese o, olotu”, before answering the question.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 2:45pm On Jun 14, 2020
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by odizeey(m): 3:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
seankafor:

U don ever see person wey fight SARS before grin

But Shaa dem no go shoot you but the beatings you will receive will be out of this world..

Had seen guys fought police on one or two occasions.. highest dem go hang up bully you carry you enter Hilux..

Naija police no too dey trigger happy like em Yankee popo.

Only thing is they re more of thugs and illiterates

E be like you dey stay ghana
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:45pm On Jun 14, 2020
Roland17:
The role of the police in the United States is to serve and protect. I have seen numerous instances where the police calls the EMT to take those drunk or under the influence of drugs to the hospital or have a family member come pick him up. Guys, the man was drunk, can we understand that firstly? I mean, this is not even about white and black, the man was drunk and vulnerable.

Do you know how many EMTs stay on stand-by across the US every weekend for people coming out of pubs/ clubs drunk in the US? There is a reason.. The cops know there is that option, I have volunteered and I know! You don’t agitate a drunk person!!!! For crying out loud he was sleeping in his car drunk..

The moment you notice, it is not about law or no law because you are not the law!!!!it is your job to protect his vulnerability and guarantee his safety, white or black is irrelevant, that is your job! There was no need for a sobriety test! You already made a judgement that he was drunk while interrogating him in his car and he was calm throughout, you should be caling the EMT! You should be reassuring him of his safety, you should be engaging him in positive conversations that will not lead to fear, not asking his to walk and then using trigger words like ARREST to a drunk man!

There is a reason why we entrust police officers with weapons in our country and that is because we trust that they have undergone rigorous trainings so they can make rational judgements in difficult times, we are not supposed to excuse or justify their behaviors.

Do you realize in his drunken state he lacks the mental competence to make good judgement and he will win a case against the cops in any court? A very good prosecutor will make a good case against the police because his client lacked the capacity to make good decisions?..In his drunk state and asleep he did not pose any threat!!!! I am not talking about possible, I am speaking the state that he was when the cops met him, he was freaking asleep!!! In the court of law, sleep is a strong term and some interpret it as passive state of death because you are mostly unaware and vulnerable..

The problem goes back to trusting the police in black communities. The man had been tased to stupor on the ground! What was the worst thing that could have happened with him running away? You have his ID, his car!! I mean if you would shoot why not to disable? Why to kill?

Great points . . . and probably, how sensible people would deal with such matters in an ideal world . . .but drunks get arrested in their thousands every week from DUIs to football hooligans and pub brawlers. Being drunk is not an automatic pass to having emergency services called unless your state of drunkenness puts your health in jeopardy. If your state of drunkenness puts others in danger (eg getting behind a wheel while drunk), it is not EMS attention you deserve but Police attention. Harshly, but frankly speaking, the EMS on standby should be for those who you might hit while driving drunk, while a night in the cells should help you sober up and reflect on your actions. We cannot now give everyone carte-blanche to get behind the wheel drunk without punishment for fear that arresting them might escalate into Police brutality or death.

This Policeman will not get anything more than manslaughter. The "drunkenness" inducing "mental incapacity" argument would have been a defence for Rayshard had he slain the cop. It will not be a reason to convict the cop. Cops are allowed to use deadly force against deranged or mentally incapacitated people if they can prove it was in the interest of public safety. The cop will get fired for mishandling the initial situation by not applying softer skills, but the action of murder and any conviction for it will simply hinge on whether he can prove he had a reasonable fear that his colleagues life was in danger in the last few seconds of the encounter.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 6:57pm On Jun 14, 2020
The more I see Loftus-Cheek in this form, the more I think Kai Havertz is not a necessity smiley
BTW, who else thinks our kit with blue socks is fire compared to white cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 7:02pm On Jun 14, 2020
Unselfish hazard.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TalabiAudu: 7:03pm On Jun 14, 2020
Hazard is back!!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 7:07pm On Jun 14, 2020
Marcelo werey grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9061) (9062) (9063) (9064) (9065) (9066) (9067) ... (19491) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: UncleHaba22, humblesteve(m), Shegzdave and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.