Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,160 members, 7,887,381 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:56 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10858230 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9343) (9344) (9345) (9346) (9347) (9348) (9349) ... (19618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 5:24pm On Jul 20, 2020
Skimpledawg:

Egbon, naso eruditor and swissh take vanish?

Chineke mee!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 5:31pm On Jul 20, 2020
Unlimited22:

No, we aren't. Lampard wants to play with two attacking 8's and a DM. RLC's fitness is shaky, Barkley's decision making is beyond horrible, Kovacic is a DM/CM. So is Jorginho and so are Kante and Gilmour. So, too, is the returning Ethan Ampadu. Mason Mount alone fits that bill, unless Ziyech will play in midfield.

Also, Havertz is a very versatile player who can play across the entire front line. And he's not a one season wonder. He's played well since 2018 or so.

I worry about the defence, but if we can sign a good LB and Havertz, we will have enough firepower to outscore most teams.

We still need at least one CB, possibly two, and the rumors concerning a GK grow stronger by the day.

May God Bless you

Havertz is who RLC is meant to be...and if Lampard is going for him, it think it proves to me that RLC is just a scam.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:35pm On Jul 20, 2020
airmark:

Is it true that Arteta took your Fraudiola to school, using calamitous David Luiz to send him to a state of lunacy?

Is it true tha Chelsea is praying and doing vigils to make top 4?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 5:38pm On Jul 20, 2020
nihilistjnr:

May God Bless you

Havertz is who RLC is meant to be...and if Lampard is going for him, it think it proves to me that RLC is just a scam.

While I agree with your Havertz/RLC comparison, I actually heard that Chelsea are going for Havertz because they're worried about Hudson Odoi's lack of development or something.

Wonder which amf - if any at all - will give way if Havertz arrives. Likely Barkley, but he's done His chances of being retained no harm with his recent performances

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ovoP(m): 5:38pm On Jul 20, 2020
BlueAngel444:
Apparently, Chelsea could either choose to pay €65m upfront with €15m in add-ons or €70m plus €10m in add-ons or any such permutation — matching Chelsea’s record transfer fee paid in any case.

Meanwhile we paid €65m for Pulisic then
25year old Bruno, who I might and must add isn't better than Havertz, went for €55m + €25m in add-ons.

Great deal, they should announce quickly shocked
Havertz haven't kicked a ball and he's better than Bruno... someone collecting steady Ls at Leverkusen
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ovoP(m): 5:41pm On Jul 20, 2020
All these transfer rumours, only to chop Ls next season.. See them thinking they are the next galaticos or prime Barcelona

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 5:46pm On Jul 20, 2020
BlueAngel444:
Apparently, Chelsea could either choose to pay €65m upfront with €15m in add-ons or €70m plus €10m in add-ons or any such permutation — matching Chelsea’s record transfer fee paid in any case.

Meanwhile we paid €65m for Pulisic then
25year old Bruno, who I might and must add isn't better than Havertz, went for €55m + €25m in add-ons.

Great deal, they should announce quickly shocked

Always saying rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 6:18pm On Jul 20, 2020
raumdeuter:

Is it true tha Chelsea is praying and doing vigils to make top 4?

Not true.

Now, England don turn Fraudiola to Madiola. grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BikeMan: 6:26pm On Jul 20, 2020
Looks like we got Havertz already, but why do we need to spend that much on that boy when we already have a lot of midfielders. With Pulisic, Werner and Ziyech at the frontline; Mount, Barkley and RLC (if they step up) should do. What we need are defenders, LB and CB.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 6:30pm On Jul 20, 2020
nihilistjnr:

May God Bless you

BlueMann:

While I agree with your Havertz/RLC comparison, I actually heard that Chelsea are going for Havertz because they're worried about Hudson Odoi's lack of development or something.

Wonder which amf - if any at all - will give way if Havertz arrives. Likely Barkley, but he's done His chances of being retained no harm with his recent performances

Someone said Havertz signing looks like an odd tactical fit unless Lampard will find a way to fit in the pieces, and I really agree with him.

In Leverkusen's 3-4-2-1 system, Havertz features as the right forward. He starts on the inside right channel, then cuts inside onto his lethal left foot and have an effect on the game, almost exact job we signed Ziyech to do. So who drops for the other?

His numbers doesn't suggest he'll be a fit for the CM position - 17 goals and three assists definitely looks like a figure that belongs to someone who prefers spending more time on the final third and the opposition's box. When not playing as a right forward, he's often deployed as a false nine. So clearly, he's far more of an attacker than a midfielder.

So where do we place him?

Just unless Lampard is looking to create a dream team, where Havertz gets pushed up field to partner Timo Werner, that's the only way this signing makes sense.

However, that'll still impede the development of Mount, as we'll need two natural CMs to always start if we must feature our fantastic four.

Fig 1:

Kante Kovacic

Ziyech Havertz Werner Pulisic
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:31pm On Jul 20, 2020
airmark:

Not true.

Now, England don turn Fraudiola to Madiola. grin

A mad fraud who still holds the record of number of points in the league and goals scored
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 6:39pm On Jul 20, 2020
BikeMan:
Looks like we got Havertz already, but why do we need to spend that much on that boy when we already have a lot of midfielders. With Pulisic, Werner and Ziyech at the frontline; Mount, Barkley and RLC (if they step up) should do. What we need are defenders, LB and CB.
In search of quality and consistency in delivering. I’m only skeptical about his physique, Aside that he is very good in every other aspect.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 6:41pm On Jul 20, 2020
Nihilistjnr, your brother Drake is on Headie One's new track dropping later tonight. I just hope he does better than how he did on 'War'

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 6:49pm On Jul 20, 2020
Griffon:

Someone said Havertz signing looks like an odd tactical fit unless Lampard will find a way to fit in the pieces, and I really agree with him.

In Leverkusen's 3-4-2-1 system, Havertz features as the right forward. He starts on the inside right channel, then cuts inside onto his lethal left foot and have an effect on the game, almost exact job we signed Ziyech to do. So who drops for the other?

His numbers doesn't suggest he'll be a fit for the CM position - 17 goals and three assists definitely looks like a figure that belongs to someone who prefers spending more time on the final third and the opposition's box. When not playing as a right forward, he's often deployed as a false nine. So clearly, he's far more of an attacker than a midfielder.

Just unless Lampard is looking to create a dream team, where Havertz gets pushed up field to partner Timo Werner, that's the only way this signing makes sense.

However, that'll still impede the development of Mount, as we'll need two natural CMs to always start if we must feature our fantastic four.

Fig 1:

Kante Kovacic

More reason why I think his signing is a luxury, not a necessity.

Mount, and other graduates coming up will seriously be affected, the likes of Anjorin, Gallagher and co...unless were ready to let them go.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 6:49pm On Jul 20, 2020
hensben:
In search of quality and consistency in delivering. I’m only skeptical about his physique, Aside that he is very good in every other aspect.
Boy is 6'2. He might not be buff as some others but at least he is stronger than Jorginho grin His height should also help you guys in winning aerial duels in midfield that is if Lampard plays him as an 8.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 6:55pm On Jul 20, 2020
Expert17:

Always saying rubbish

No be chelshit fans again? Most of them their brain no pass 25kb

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 7:02pm On Jul 20, 2020
CapitalCee:

No be chelshit fans again? Most of them their brain no pass 25kb

Who is saying rubbish now undecided

18 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 7:37pm On Jul 20, 2020
Griffon:

Fig 1:

Kante Kovacic

Havertz is a 10 that can play everywhere in attack and midfield.

1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 7:38pm On Jul 20, 2020
pkasso:
Boy is 6'2. He might not be buff as some others but at least he is stronger than Jorginho grin His height should also help you guys in winning aerial duels in midfield that is if Lampard plays him as an 8.
I think Lampard will mostly use him as 10(AMF) in 4-2–3-1 formation or as SS to Warner in 4-2-4 formation. I think he is too offensive to suit 8.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 7:56pm On Jul 20, 2020
hensben:
I think Lampard will mostly use him as 10(AMF) in 4-2–3-1 formation or as SS to Warner in 4-2-4 formation. I think he is too offensive to suit 8.
Havertz is one of those new generation 8-10 hybrid midfielders, think someone like KDB. In fact, he was part of a double 8 with Julian Brandt in a fluid 433 two seasons ago, something similar to what City do with KDB and Silva and their partnership was joy to watch. Havertz-Mount combo with Kante behind them would be really mad.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 7:59pm On Jul 20, 2020
raumdeuter:

A mad fraud who still holds the record of number of points in the league and goals scored

Courtesy of a finished Aguero and others he led. grin

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EarlRagnar2(m): 8:04pm On Jul 20, 2020
BikeMan:
We need him and I don't care if we buy him for £100m these English boiz are not reliable,barkley will disappoint you, loftus cheek just returned after a year,nobody knows when he will in form.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EarlRagnar2(m): 8:05pm On Jul 20, 2020
pkasso:
Havertz is one of those new generation 8-10 hybrid midfielders, think someone like KDB. In fact, he was part of a double 8 with Julian Brandt in a fluid 433 two seasons ago, something similar to what City do with KDB and Silva and their partnership was joy to watch. Havertz-Mount combo with Kante behind them would be really mad.
God bless you

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EarlRagnar2(m): 8:07pm On Jul 20, 2020
BlueMann:

More reason why I think his signing is a luxury, not a necessity.

Mount, and other graduates coming up will seriously be affected, the likes of Anjorin, Gallagher and co...unless were ready to let them go.
We are big club ffs,you guys don't see man city bench and get jealous abi

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 8:09pm On Jul 20, 2020
iamoyindamola:
shocked
How come!!
He couldn't replicate his previous goalscoring form and he was transferred to Hertha during last winter transfer window.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:13pm On Jul 20, 2020
Amoto94:

He couldn't replicate his previous goalscoring form and he was transferred to Hertha during last winter transfer window.
This life no balance o
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 10:13pm On Jul 20, 2020
BlueMann:
Got a sour feeling about this Havertz deal. Yeah he'll be a super addition, but I sincerely feel his signing isn't necessary.

Anyways sha...let's watch how it unfolds. But left to me, I wouldn't sanction the deal cos add Ziyech and Werner to the attack and we're good to go.
Attention should be focused elsewhere.

But what do I know..
I feel the same but he isn't a bad additions to the team, he plays several position, and I believe Lampard wants to use him as a CAM so that Werner plays CF.

But it would be nice to let Werner and Ziyech settle first before any additional attacker is added. I don't buy the idea of Werner playing 9, I would prefer he starts at left wing his first season and get a feel of EPL. while Pulisic plays RWF and Ziyech CAM since both have played there before and performed well there.

Honestly with Werner's speed, wings would be nice he could cut in and shoot. I also noticed that's the position he played when RB Leipzig used 3 in attack with poulen at CF
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 10:15pm On Jul 20, 2020
Ahh. I reject this small club mentality in Jesus name, amen.

We need Havertz for Pete's sakes.

Na crime if our bench make sense? We need top quality players to compete at the top na.

Make Una dey born again abeg

13 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 10:17pm On Jul 20, 2020
nihilistjnr:

May God Bless you

or maybe the idea is RLC needs a full season playing and a loan is preferable for him, given he has a longer contract and just coming out of a long term injury. A loan could also help with confidence back on the pitch. That's how I see it though
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 10:20pm On Jul 20, 2020
BlueMann:

likely RLC on loan
Barley cam still seat on bench for Havertz cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EarlRagnar2(m): 10:20pm On Jul 20, 2020
Skimpledawg:
Ahh. I reject this small club mentality in Jesus name, amen.

We need Havertz for Pete's sakes.

Na crime if our bench make sense? We need top quality players to compete at the top na.

Make Una dey born again abeg
Dem dey get high hopes for Barkley in 2020 cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 10:24pm On Jul 20, 2020
BikeMan:
well their is also that he can play 9 replacing Giroud, he is young and cam get used to playing there. Aftering scoring 17 goals 2018/2019 then still banging more this season, he seems more like a goal scorer than a creator and there is that he could play RF in a two CF front line.

If Lampard goes with a front two next season, Werner LF and Giroud RF and then Abraham LF and Havertz RF. Anything could happen though

(1) (2) (3) ... (9343) (9344) (9345) (9346) (9347) (9348) (9349) ... (19618) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Demolz, fredoooooo, Thazard(m), airmark(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.