Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,853 members, 7,872,854 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:06 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9349) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10781789 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9346) (9347) (9348) (9349) (9350) (9351) (9352) ... (19491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 3:31pm On Jul 21, 2020
Skimpledawg:
Oh well, if Lampard wins the FA cup and still takes us to UCL next season, alot of posts will be dugged out.

Postdigger, take note.
plus if Sarri wins serie A too

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:51pm On Jul 21, 2020
Amoto94:
Who is your Chelsea player of the season?

If Pulisic delivers against Liverpool and Wolves, he takes it for me. Kova and Willian are in front for now.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HOMOTOYOSI10: 4:02pm On Jul 21, 2020
Amoto94:
Azpi, Mount, and Kovacic

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 4:03pm On Jul 21, 2020
Amoto94:

Mason Mount does it for me. He's had a decent season playing over 45 matches with 7goals and 5 assists to his credit. The team has benefited immensely from his deep running & pressing. Also, his ability to shoot from long distance reminds me of Frank.
Expect him to get even better next season if he can work on dead balls situation and through balls.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 4:04pm On Jul 21, 2020
Amoto94:

Rudiger. Jorginho. cool

13 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PlainJAY(m): 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2020
timbros:

Rudiger. Jorginho. cool

grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2020
airmark:

If Pulisic delivers against Liverpool and Wolves, he takes it for me. Kova and Willian are in front for now.

Kovacic really?
I still don't know his impact on this Chelsea team
He can't shoot even from close range, no sort of goal threat whatsoever ,can't give defence splitting passes , his goals and assists stats are underwhelming even the much maligned Jorginho has a better assist ratio and pin point passes than this scam we paid £40m for.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 4:22pm On Jul 21, 2020
OJURONGBE1:

Mason Mount does it for me. He's had a decent season playing over 45 matches with 7goals and 5 assists to his credit. The team has benefited immensely from his deep running & pressing. Also, his ability to shoot from long distance reminds me of Frank.
Expect him to get even better next season if he can work on dead balls situation and through balls.
Mount? Player of the season? Gee calm down.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 4:23pm On Jul 21, 2020
lordfalcao:
plus if Sarri wins serie A too
Lol. I no follow for that one na
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 4:36pm On Jul 21, 2020
I will pick Mason Mount for my player of the season
A young player with no top flight experience and we throw him to the team straight up; he missed only one of our 36 league matches, he is our utility player playing several areas and roles for us when the need arise.

I know he lack composure in final third and he can do better with goal and assist but coming from championship and fitting into any tactical change or formation for us is commendable.

That boy really tried.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 4:37pm On Jul 21, 2020
Amoto94:

The truth is that it's very difficult to pinpoint Chelsea's best player this season because nobody really stood out.
Instead we had a situation whereby some players had good form but were quite inconsistent.

At the beginning of our season, Tammy and mount were really fired up with plenty goals and assists between them but they petered out and got stuck. Pulisic has had a breakthrough season for us albeit quite late, Willian has been largely inconsistent with poor numbers as usual. And Giroud has actually been very good but sparsely used. So no outstanding player here.

The midfield has been inconsistent in their performances. Some really good games and some terrible games. Funny that jorginho is our highest midfield goalscorer this season. Still, no outstanding player here for the whole season.

Our defense has been absolutely shambolic this season with about 60 goals conceded and many of them having been injured at one point or the other so nobody to pick out there.

It is very difficult to point out our best player of the season. I read recently that Tammy is still the player who has won our most points and is still the clubs highest goalscorer this season but obviously we can't say he has been our best after being redundant for the entire second half of the season.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 4:41pm On Jul 21, 2020
It is crystal clear that bro don J loves typing, pick Chelsea player of the season; see long epistle and at the end of it he didn't pick anybody.
grin grin grin

24 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 4:43pm On Jul 21, 2020
OVA200:
It is crystal clear that bro don J loves typing, pick Chelsea player of the season; see long epistle and at the end of it he didn't pick anybody.
grin grin grin
grin
I like to elucidate my points.
There simply isn't any "best player" for us this season. grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 4:47pm On Jul 21, 2020
hensben:

Yes, he might not tick all the boxes but he's head above every other players in the squad.
He's 21, in his debut season in the premier league.
I just reeled out some of his qualities kindly oppose my nomination with a better player and don't forget to show us why he's better.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 4:50pm On Jul 21, 2020
donjazet:

grin

There simply isn't any "best player" for us this season. grin
But they will still give the award now.
So if you are among the panel that will choose you say their is none.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 4:54pm On Jul 21, 2020
donjazet:

The truth is that it's very difficult to pinpoint Chelsea's best player this season because nobody really stood out.
Instead we had a situation whereby some players had good form but were quite inconsistent.

At the beginning of our season, Tammy and mount were really fired up with plenty goals and assists between them but they petered out and got stuck. Pulisic has had a breakthrough season for us albeit quite late, Willian has been largely inconsistent with poor numbers as usual. And Giroud has actually been very good but sparsely used. So no outstanding player here.

The midfield has been inconsistent in their performances. Some really good games and some terrible games. Funny that jorginho is our highest midfield goalscorer this season. Still, no outstanding player here for the whole season.

Our defense has been absolutely shambolic this season with about 60 goals conceded and many of them having been injured at one point or the other so nobody to pick out there.

It is very difficult to point out best player of the season. I read recently that Tammy is still the player who has won our most points and is still the clubs highest goalscorer this season but obviously we can't say he has been our best after being redundant for the entire second half of the season.

You can attribute Mason Mount's burnout to the premier league's rigour and inexperience playing top flight football which would be a walk-in-the-park to him if he doesn't get injured next season.
Take for instance Rashford breakthrough season or the season after that, he went AWOL at some point or is it Leroy Sane's first season at city or Raheem Sterling at Liverpool or Cesc Fabregas at Arsenal?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 4:56pm On Jul 21, 2020
OVA200:
But they will still give the award now.
So if you are among the panel that will choose you say their is none.

In that case, one would simply look at the numbers and give it to Tammy. Seeing as he has won us the most points and is the teams highest goal scorer. But everyone knows this would be a flawed choice.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 4:57pm On Jul 21, 2020
OVA200:
I guess people don't know havertz that's why they are critical of his addition.

I swear the havertz I follow is a perfect addition any team can wish for, he can do everything as a player; he can pass, he can run, he can nod, he can shoot, he can dribble, their is a German name they gave him which translate to someone that can do everything.
He can play 8, 10, 11, 9 and 7
He is very neat and tidy on the ball.
He can use both legs quite well.
And he said he like playing in 8 because it will allow him to have more of the ball I think lampard is going to use him there or 10 role.

I am just praying and hoping he doesn't flop in EPL.

Can he shield the ball very well under pressure like peak David Silva ?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 4:57pm On Jul 21, 2020
hensben:
He has a point, over all this season he has been amazing, apart from him only Willian comes close

Kovacic has been in and out, Cesar has had horrible moments and games. Both have been good, but I would even consider Abraham if that's the case.

Anyway it's down to voting.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 5:00pm On Jul 21, 2020
popizaino:

Can he shield the ball very well under pressure like peak David Silva ?
Not to the extent of David silva; he keeps the ball rolling most of the time or make a pass.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 5:05pm On Jul 21, 2020
Amoto94:

Between Azipculeta and kovacic

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:05pm On Jul 21, 2020
donjazet:

It is very difficult to point out best player of the season. I read recently that Tammy is still the player who has won our most points and is still the clubs highest goalscorer this season but obviously we can't say he has been our best after being redundant for the entire second half of the season.
Tammy had injury, he wasn't left out because he lost form but because of injury and fitness he needed to recover. You can see sparks of the old Tammy the few times he has played since restart.

Anyway our best player has been Mount, even that little period he dipped and Lampard benched him, he came back at it. The only thing anyone can really say about Mount is that he can improve (and also he better not play wing for us ever, except all our wingers are not available) even Tammy self would improve.

But considering how inconsistent Chelsea have been Mount really steps up and shows maturity. And I dare say his combination with Pulisic at that left side of the attack, helps Pulisic performance and also helps who ever plays lb.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 5:08pm On Jul 21, 2020
OJURONGBE1:

You can attribute Mason Mount's burnout to the premier league's rigour and inexperience playing top flight football which would be a walk-in-the-park to him if he doesn't get injured next season.
Take for instance Rashford breakthrough season or the season after that, he went AWOL at some point or is it Leroy Sane's first season at city or Raheem Sterling at Liverpool or Cesc Fabregas at Arsenal?

Listen, we are not talking about his potential to become very good. You listing the poor first season of those players is unnecessary because the question RIGHT NOW is who is our best performer THIS season.

You making excuses for Mason having a burnout does not still exclude the fact that he had a burnout and was inconsequential to many of the matches he played in.
He has been very inconsistent this season, that's why you can't say he is our best player this season.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 5:11pm On Jul 21, 2020
popizaino:

Between Azipculeta and kovacic
Oboi, this your spelling of azpi na die oo. grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:16pm On Jul 21, 2020
Some players have improved this season in Chelsea
James, Tomori, Kovacic, Mount, Pulisic, Tammy and maybe Willian

While Kepa, Rudiger, Odoi, Pedro and co are either stagnant or regressed

If it comes down to Kovacic or Mount, I would pick Mount. For I know Kovacic in his first season playing that LCM wasn't has good as Mount tried this season. Yes Kovacic taking up that RCM that Kante played before his injury, showed his improvement but it pales in comparison to Kante in that position even when it comes to the final third. Though Kovacic all round game was immense, I still Mount.

It's simple, we sign Havertz, between Kovacic and Mount who would you bench and who would you pair him with. Well depending on the opponent but 70% of the time I would pick Mount over Kovacic or even inform RLC (<<wonder when this one would finally show up)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 5:18pm On Jul 21, 2020
BlueAngel444:
Tammy had injury, he wasn't left out because he lost form but because of injury and fitness he needed to recover. You can see sparks of the old Tammy the few times he has played since restart.

Anyway our best player has been Mount, even that little period he dipped and Lampard benched him, he came back at it. The only thing anyone can really say about Mount is that he can improve (and also he better not play wing for us ever, except all our wingers are not available) even Tammy self would improve.

But considering how inconsistent Chelsea have been Mount really steps up and shows maturity. And I dare say his combination with Pulisic at that left side of the attack, helps Pulisic performance and also helps who ever plays lb.

All these are just semantics, playing is not by mouth. That's why there are numbers and stats used to analyze a player and looking at the numbers of mount who has played in a forward position in a team with a lot of goals, his numbers are very very poor for the amount of games he played.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 5:18pm On Jul 21, 2020
BlueAngel444:

He has a point, over all this season he has been amazing, apart from him only Willian comes close

Kovacic has been in and out, Cesar has had horrible moments and games. Both have been good, but I would even consider Abraham if that's the case.

Anyway it's down to voting.
He will win young player of the year. Either Kovacic or Azpilicueta will win the senior category.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 5:19pm On Jul 21, 2020
donjazet:

Listen, we are not talking about his potential to become very good. You listing the poor first season of those players is unnecessary because the question RIGHT NOW is who is our best performer THIS season.

You making excuses for Mason having a burnout does not still exclude the fact that he had a burnout and was inconsequential to many of the matches he played in.
He has been very inconsistent this season, that's why you can't say he is our best player this season.

Very inconsistent really?
He has played 35 matches with the "supposed inconsistency".
I get the fact that he was below par in some matches which is normal for a young player of his age.
Tell me the premier league player who has been consistent all season .
The current premier league top scorer (Jamie Vardy) had a dip in form for almost 2 months ,Kevin DeBruyne struggled against Liverpool, Man united, Southampton and few other matches. You don't expect them to keep churning out same performance week-in-week-out hence my encomium for Mount.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:20pm On Jul 21, 2020
donjazet:

very inconsistent yet more consistent than other players in Chelsea or you want to Chelsea weren't inconsistent. It shows how our season went. Mount that even benched Odoi and Pulisic because of form, but fell short because of his lack of top pace or decision making in that position.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 5:21pm On Jul 21, 2020

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 5:24pm On Jul 21, 2020
donjazet:

Oboi, this your spelling of azpi na die oo. grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:31pm On Jul 21, 2020
hensben:
He will win young player of the year. Either Kovacic or Azpilicueta will win the senior category.
if it's between Kovacic and Azpilicueta then Cesar wins it

(1) (2) (3) ... (9346) (9347) (9348) (9349) (9350) (9351) (9352) ... (19491) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: airmark(m), Jodera, Ballzproblemm, DynamoDeGreat and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.