Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:40 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9875) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10782307 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9872) (9873) (9874) (9875) (9876) (9877) (9878) ... (19491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:59pm On Sep 16, 2020
Apparently Pirlo is not only a genius on the pitch but off the pitch as well. The FIGC announced that Pirlo had scored 107 out of 110 on his final exam, making him the second-best student behind former Genoa boss Thiago Motta, who scored 108.
Pirlo was also required to write a thesis as part of earning his UEFA Pro licence, and the 41-year-old's paper analysed the changing role of players on the pitch.
According to the FIGC : "Pirlo's thesis analyses –using the terms written by the coach himself –the adaptation 'to the increasingly liquid context of matches.'
"In modern football, in fact, 'The meaning of a role is changing. It is no longer a fixed position that identifies the characteristics of a player, but more and more it is different functions and therefore the tasks that a player performs in the match to identify him.'"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 10:00pm On Sep 16, 2020
Skimpledawg:

My guy eeh, Lampard is my issue now not the players.

Man can be tactically deficient sometimes and that can cause us matches this season.

For my sake and that of all the Blue faithfuls, I pray he gets it right.

The good thing about Lampard is that he has the balls to make huge decisions. However, what’s important is if those big decisions are the right ones.

And you’re right. Sometimes he just doesn’t have the answers - like how Arteta completely nullified him vs Arsenal in the FA Cup final and he couldn’t find a solution.

Thing is he’ll be good if he learns on the job. His main problem is the defense. If he can sort that out you guys will be okay.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 10:24pm On Sep 16, 2020
BlueAngel444:
well that's definitely not the style we played last game.

Someone pointed out that, Lampard went for a 4-2-2-2, with RLC playing an unfamiliar position upfront, while some say he was a 10. Wonder why he experimented with a player coming back from injury that favors the left side of the pitch.

What ever it is he has on his mind he better not hide it against Liverpool.

What you saw in that last game isn't Lampard's style of play, it was some sort of contingency plan. He came up with that to grind out a win following the number of players who're either injured, suspended or quarantined.

Here are his words:

"To come to Brighton and win is a tough ask," he told reporters. "We've only had a few days, so I didn't expect the kind of football we want to play.

"We had to do some of the more difficult things - resilience, throwing yourself in front of the ball, so I'm pleased.

"We've had a lot of quarantines, a lot of players who aren't match fit. That's how this season has started. There's a lot of strain on these players and hopefully we'll get better."

So we're yet to see the style of play he intends to win with these boys.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 10:33pm On Sep 16, 2020
Griffon:

What you saw in that last game isn't Lampard's style of play, it was some sort of contingency plan. He came up with that to grind out a win following the number of players who're either injured, suspended or quarantined.

Here are his words:

So we're yet to see the style of play he intends to win with these boys.
as long as we keep winning cool

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 10:38pm On Sep 16, 2020
BlueAngel444:
as long as we keep winning cool

That's what impressed me the most. Our performance was below par - or average at best, yet we won comfortably.

That's one important attribute you need as Champions: the ability to grind out results, whether beautifully or in an ugly manner.

We're definitely going to get better as time goes on.

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:41pm On Sep 16, 2020
Griffon:

And what's difficult in letting Tomori join 'em on loan? Afraid he'll come back as a French speaking CB which in turn will disrupt good communication at the back?

I've always wanted a Ligue I move for the young lad, and this is a great chance for us. I've been following the French Ligue I for some years now and I can authoritatively tell you that that league is Europe's real talent hotbed. If I were to send a young player out on loan, to have him equipped for the big stage, the Ligue I is my go-to league.

This is a league where the least rated club have an organized psychological wellness programme that offers yoga sessions, hypnotherapy and access to mental preparation coaches for players. You'll find clubs with grounds where technical dexterity and individual expression are allowed to flourish.

I rate Tomori very highly and I believe a move to Rennes will improve him massively. That boy kicks the leather much better than Rudiger and Zouma, while being much stronger than Christensen. He just need a little mental lift to become that ideal player for us.

Maybe they are looking to waft Rudiger and Chris by close of transfer window. I would keep Tomori cos I think he's our 3rd best defender and would be needed massively to give Thiago frequent rests. There is also a possibility that Thiago is too old to cope and Tomori then becomes Zoumas default partner
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by madrid5: 10:54pm On Sep 16, 2020
Leyqute:

The good thing about Lampard is that he has the balls to make huge decisions. However, what’s important is if those big decisions are the right ones.

And you’re right. Sometimes he just doesn’t have the answers - like how Arteta completely nullified him vs Arsenal in the FA Cup final and he couldn’t find a solution.

Thing is he’ll be good if he learns on the job. His main problem is the defense. If he can sort that out you guys will be okay.

he couldn't find a solution to arteta in the FA cup final because his best attacking player got injured on his way to a goal that would have made the match 2-1 and his player of the season got sent off for no reason,kuldos to arsenal in that final performance but Chelsea was hindered by circumstances even the greatest tacticians couldn't avoid a defeat

16 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DExponential(m): 10:55pm On Sep 16, 2020
ennyjay72:
Alonso too cannot dribble and we won the league with him
Alonso has a higher take on success rate cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DExponential(m): 10:56pm On Sep 16, 2020
BlueAngel444:
notice how attacking fullbacks have lesser defensive capabilities and vice versa. the less offensive they are, the more defensive minded that full back is. Chilwell would have Pulisic and Kovacic to do the dribbles and in time he could learn a trick or two
We'll wait and see cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Thazard(m): 11:01pm On Sep 16, 2020
Segedinho:

They need help..

GoFundMe is the best bet

Wait first oh.

Whose account does this go fund me money goes to if the money doesn't reach the target?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DExponential(m): 11:19pm On Sep 16, 2020
Who's still talking about the FA cup final
Kante wasn't fit
Willian was injured
Our goalscorer got injured
Kovacic was red carded
Lastly, it seems people underrate Auba too much. Dortmund was my second team then
The Gabonese international is no slouch and clocked a time of 3.7 seconds over 30m in 2013 - faster than Bolt, who set his 100m world record of 9.58 seconds in Hertha Berlin's Olympiastadion in 2009.
That's a player who finished behind Zlatan once in the goal chart, banged in goals when he played with Lewanflopski, continued when Flopski left and even beat Flopski once. Show him some Respect cool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 11:22pm On Sep 16, 2020
Conor Gallagher and Ivanovic join west brim cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 11:27pm On Sep 16, 2020
BlueAngel444:
Conor Gallagher and Ivanovic join west brim cheesy

Gallagher...I'm seriously gonna be watching out for that guy and Ampadu.

And loftus-cheek's time is counting...baba has to step up fast, or by the end of the season, the club may just let go, especially if Gallagher has a great loan spell.

Can't keep holding on to him when young guys like Gallagher and Anjorin are coming through.

And the same thing may apply to Barkley.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TrebleChamp(m): 11:34pm On Sep 16, 2020
CapitalCee:

Ask me oo, you sign a 100m player to be recovering balls
Bros ur trolling no be here �...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 12:14am On Sep 17, 2020
See Grammy wey people dey kill themselves over with.. now kanye is pissing on it grin

Life no balance bro embarassed

https://www.nairaland.com/6124261/kanye-west-urinates-grammy-declares#93998638
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 12:16am On Sep 17, 2020
By the way.. I wish all or nothing Tottenham series was done with liverpool and klopps resurgence ..

It would have been a blast..

And by the way, am an official fan of Mourinho and spurs henceforth..

Diss on these 2 and ama come and get you angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:28am On Sep 17, 2020
A lot of people have very short memories when it comes to Jose. He was good for the club.

But yeah, All or Nothing. Most important things in life - Courage, Family, Passion.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 12:29am On Sep 17, 2020
Ibime:

Maybe they are looking to waft Rudiger and Chris by close of transfer window. I would keep Tomori cos I think he's our 3rd best defender and would be needed massively to give Thiago frequent rests. There is also a possibility that Thiago is too old to cope and Tomori then becomes Zoumas default partner

Perfect. However, keeping him now will only scupper the deal for Mendy. Unless, there we've got other options for a goalie.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:35am On Sep 17, 2020
Kanye West. Dude just no send.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DExponential(m): 12:38am On Sep 17, 2020
This is more like it. Mount and Alonso were focused on Lamptey. Lamptey lays the pass to Trossard who takes the shot with his weaker foot and scores. We had 9 players there! ☹️
1. I feel someone should have marked Trossard
2. Kepa na Arrizabalaga angry

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by schurley(m): 12:53am On Sep 17, 2020
Segedinho:

Oh boy.

I have contributed the little penny I can

Help some scummies.

The really needs it cheesy grin grin cheesy

Great gesture man, we rise by lifting others up cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by schurley(m): 1:04am On Sep 17, 2020
odizeey:

Those are scammers.

They want to use our goodwill to buy Ferrari.

Incase the money ain't complete to sign Sancho, you could as well get a nice looking, skillful and suitable LB that doesn’t get injured available for just £18m
No Monitoring
No weighing
No Agreement
No Buy back clause
What ya say?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 1:04am On Sep 17, 2020
FBS:
Kanye West. Dude just no send.
dude has a weird way if going about things
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by schurley(m): 1:06am On Sep 17, 2020
Skimpledawg:

angry

I corrected myself now grin cheesy grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by schurley(m): 1:09am On Sep 17, 2020
BlueAngel444:
cheesy
Chelsea have been trying to get buyers for Rudiger all transfer window..something may have changed tonight. I’m told Jose Mourinho has enquired about the german international on loan.

How many of una go like may this deal happen cheesy

We can add Drink water too as stater pack
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by schurley(m): 1:27am On Sep 17, 2020
madrid5:
he couldn't find a solution to arteta in the FA cup final because his best attacking player got injured on his way to a goal that would have made the match 2-1 and his player of the season got sent off for no reason,kuldos to arsenal in that final performance but Chelsea was hindered by circumstances even the greatest tacticians couldn't avoid a defeat

Very nice observation, Chelsea were threatening in the early min of that game even when we seem off balance in terms of possession and fluidity.... Pulisic brilliance alone might have just be a match winning decider in that match, as he was direct and deadly in the attack before he picked up an injury. Not saying Arsenal had no shot at the title, but the injury to Azpi nd Pulisic left us at the mercy of a inspired Arsenal side.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 2:44am On Sep 17, 2020
madrid5:

You’re wrong by a thousand miles and your analysis showed that you either didn’t watch the match or if you did, didn’t read it right.

Pulisic was on the pitch for more than 45 mins. The whole of the game Chelsea had 3 shots on target- Puli scored one, Mount had one dangerous ball saved and then Puli’s 2nd shot which was straight into the arms of Martinez. By the time he came off (50’, 2nd half) Arsenal had equalized and had the upper hand. Kovacic was sent off in the 72nd minute and by that time Arsenal had scored 2 goals already.

If you read the game right you’ll notice that Chelsea started very brightly and scored a goal soon enough because they were dangerous with the ball. In fact, all Chelsea’s attacks looked like counters.

After the initial 10 mins or so Arteta’s tactics showed.

Arsenal pressed Chelsea high up the field and prevented them from playing out from the back. They closed up on Zouma and Rudiger and gave them little breathing space. And when Chelsea lob it upfield to Giroud (to knock it down for Mount and co for a fast attack), D. Luiz was there to nullify him.

This scene played out over and over again. Chelsea couldn’t play at all.

And when Arsenal got the ball, they played out from the back. Their back 3 were better with the ball at their feet. And then their forwards kept finding spaces on the wings beside Azpilicueta and Roudiger.

In addition to this, they had Auba, who was their main goal threat. Pepe purposefully found him (he had loads of space on Azpili’s wing) for the 2nd goal. And the first goal came when Azpili fouled him in the box (from one of those lobbed balls into spaces in the wings).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kweX9ZTiHUU
This clip is from Chelsea’s YouTube channel, FYI.

After Pulisic’s goal, Lampard was outplayed by Arteta. Chelsea had one shot on target after the goal. So, Arsenal won not because Puli came off or because of a red card to Kovacic. Arsenal had the game in control by the time Puli came off and had won when Kova was sent off.

And remember that Pepe had a goal disallowed.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by odizeey(m): 3:10am On Sep 17, 2020
thorrvik55:

Hope say u don pay ur own, transfer window go soon close...
na Chelsea fan open this thing. God go expose am soon.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by odizeey(m): 3:13am On Sep 17, 2020
schurley:

Incase the money ain't complete to sign Sancho, you could as well get a nice looking, skillful and suitable LB that doesn’t get injured available for just £18m
No Monitoring
No weighing
No Agreement
No Buy back clause
What ya say?
All right.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9872) (9873) (9874) (9875) (9876) (9877) (9878) ... (19491) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bluefilm and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.