Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,757 members, 7,875,900 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:10 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9876) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10795006 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9873) (9874) (9875) (9876) (9877) (9878) (9879) ... (19504) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 3:24am On Sep 17, 2020
seankafor:
dude has a weird way if going about things
That is why he is Kanye "idontgiveafuz' West. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 5:48am On Sep 17, 2020
BlueMann:

That's what impressed me the most. Our performance was below par - or average at best, yet we won comfortably.

That's one important attribute you need as Champions: the ability to grind out results, whether beautifully or in an ugly manner.

We're definitely going to get better as time goes on.
Lmao there was a time United struggled to play well but was winning last season, some of us knew there was disaster around the corner. Better don't get used to this, you'll be punished sooner than later

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 6:32am On Sep 17, 2020
eph12:

Lmao there was a time United struggled to play well but was winning last season, some of us knew there was disaster around the corner. Better don't get used to this, you'll be punished sooner than later
right from d last season of SAF,,manure have always been getting wins even if they play thrash,, no be today una start am...at least with Howard Webb and oda refs favouring u guys with undue Pks and other funny decisions,, u were always grinding out results,,, we know una

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 7:03am On Sep 17, 2020
Ibime:

Barkley for what with all our CMs and AMs? The need is in DM and Barkley to Rice makes sense
Oga Ibime in Barkley you have a safe bet in the sense that Havertz who's new to the league will have to adapt to the demands of the league and team, RLC is not reliable as he's a glass player, Ziyech will need time and he will occupy the right; we have Kovacic, Jorginho, Kante and James if need be to play CM/DM roles, Rice is a need not a top priority.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 7:14am On Sep 17, 2020
BlueAngel444:
well that's definitely not the style we played last game.

Someone pointed out that, Lampard went for a 4-2-2-2, with RLC playing an unfamiliar position upfront, while some say he was a 10. Wonder why he experimented with a player coming back from injury that favors the left side of the pitch.

What ever it is he has on his mind he better not hide it against Liverpool.
‘Ruben obviously has been out for a long time and even his return to play was pretty broken by the lockdown and the restart when he was just available to play a few games,’ said Lampard.

‘So we certainly have to give him a bit of time on those fronts.

‘It’s a position [No.10] that Ruben can play for us. We’ve got injuries with [Hakim] Ziyech out and [Christian] Pulisic out as well,’ said Lampard, on deploying Loftus-Cheek in a more advanced role.

‘They are players that will come back and give me lots of options, so it was interesting for me to see Ruben in that number 10 position, he can certainly give us lots in those areas.'
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 7:30am On Sep 17, 2020
Leyqute:

You’re wrong by a thousand miles and your analysis showed that you either didn’t watch the match or if you did, didn’t read it right.

Pulisic was on the pitch for more than 45 mins. The whole of the game Chelsea had 3 shots on target- Puli scored one, Mount had one dangerous ball saved and then Puli’s 2nd shot which was straight into the arms of Martinez. By the time he came off (50’, 2nd half) Arsenal had equalized and had the upper hand. Kovacic was sent off in the 72nd minute and by that time Arsenal had scored 2 goals already.

If you read the game right you’ll notice that Chelsea started very brightly and scored a goal soon enough because they were dangerous with the ball. In fact, all Chelsea’s attacks looked like counters.

After the initial 10 mins or so Arteta’s tactics showed.

[s]Arsenal pressed Chelsea high up the field[/s] and prevented them from playing out from the back. They closed up on Zouma and Rudiger and gave them little breathing space. And when Chelsea lob it upfield to Giroud (to knock it down for Mount and co for a fast attack), D. Luiz was there to nullify him.

This scene played out over and over again. Chelsea couldn’t play at all.

And when Arsenal got the ball, they played out from the back. [s]Their back 3 were better with the ball at their feet.[/s] And then their forwards kept finding spaces on the wings beside Azpilicueta and Roudiger.

In addition to this, they had Auba, who was their main goal threat. Pepe purposefully found him (he had loads of space on Azpili’s wing) for the 2nd goal. And the first goal came when Azpili fouled him in the box (from one of those lobbed balls into spaces in the wings).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kweX9ZTiHUU
This clip is from Chelsea’s YouTube channel, FYI.

After Pulisic’s goal, Lampard was outplayed by Arteta. Chelsea had one shot on target after the goal. So, Arsenal won not because Puli came off or because of a red card to Kovacic. Arsenal had the game in control by the time Puli came off and had won when Kova was sent off.

And remember that Pepe had a goal disallowed.

Your analysis was top notch till you said those things i cancelled.
Arsenal weren't playing from the back. Their game plan was using David Luiz long balls to find Aubemeyang, whose pace caused Azplicueta problems before he was hauled off with injury.
The stats you screenshot showed Chelsea had more possession and more of the balls but were not penetrating their back line enough because Giroud had a filled day with Luiz.
Arsenal won the game but for you to downplay the importance of Pulisic, Azplicueta and Kovacic is watery.

19 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:03am On Sep 17, 2020
Lampard should be telling Odoi to always try to attack when with the ball instead of passing backward. He is a winger for f sake. This is why I like coaches with man management skills. If Klopp handle a player like Odoi he will turn beast, he is too relax for my liking.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 8:04am On Sep 17, 2020
OJURONGBE1:

Arsenal weren't playing from the back. Their game plan was using David Luiz long balls to find Aubemeyang, whose pace caused Azplicueta problems before he was hauled off with injury.
The stats you screenshot showed Chelsea had more possession and more of the balls but were not penetrating their back line enough because Giroud had a filled day with Luiz.
Arsenal won the game but for you to downplay the importance of Pulisic, Azplicueta and Kovacic is watery.

Arsenal surrendered the ball to Chelsea after they went up 2-1 (sixty something minute). That explains the larger possession Chelsea had. Before then they played out from the back and found space on the wings of your LCB and RCB.

And the fact that Chelsea couldn’t trouble their goal when they went in front despite having the ball means Azpilicueta and Kovacic’s contribution were actually watery. If na by activity Ramirez would’ve won 5 ballon d’Ors.

The only bright spot in Chelsea was Pulisic- he had 2 out of Chelsea’s 3 shots on target. However, in general Chelsea rarely troubled Arsenal.

Arteta seems to have found a way to play tepid football against top teams and steal a win- just like Nuno Espírito Santo of Wolves. Or just be really difficult to beat. The question now is how he’ll set up his team against teams he’s expected to win.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 8:12am On Sep 17, 2020
macjireh:

right from d last season of SAF,,manure have always been getting wins even if they play thrash,, no be today una start am...at least with Howard Webb and oda refs favouring u guys with undue Pks and other funny decisions,, u were always grinding out results,,, we know una
Reading and comprehension is a big problem for shekpites. Amazing shocked

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:24am On Sep 17, 2020
Loftus cheek play like nothing is at stake, a mid table team mentality. His positional sense to receive the ball is/was average, can’t move into space to receive the ball, can’t drive the ball forward properly when with it. His off ball movement is average too, can’t win the ball back from opponent.

My preferred line up against Liverpool(4-2-3-1 formation); kepa; Azpi sylva Zouma Chilwell; Kovacic Kante; Mount Havertz Warner; Giroud.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:09am On Sep 17, 2020
schurley:

We can add Drink water too as stater pack
lol cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:14am On Sep 17, 2020
To be honest, Havertz is just like Pogba, they don’t bring that X factor into a team rather ice on the cake type of play. Bruno is better in that regard. I love serious and determined footballer with talent, that even if you are having an off day on the pitch your present will still be felt. Havertz is serious and determined but his play is too soft, he should try to go hard a bit(he is still young though so I will excuse him for now irrespective of his signing fee). On the other hand, pogba play is hard but he is not psychologically matured, hence the lack of X factor in his game.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:15am On Sep 17, 2020
Greatihex:
‘Ruben obviously has been out for a long time and even his return to play was pretty broken by the lockdown and the restart when he was just available to play a few games,’ said Lampard.

‘So we certainly have to give him a bit of time on those fronts.

‘It’s a position [No.10] that Ruben can play for us. We’ve got injuries with [Hakim] Ziyech out and [Christian] Pulisic out as well,’ said Lampard, on deploying Loftus-Cheek in a more advanced role.

‘They are players that will come back and give me lots of options, so it was interesting for me to see Ruben in that number 10 position, he can certainly give us lots in those areas.'
ya and Lampard also mentioned lack of fitness of his players.
and with natural wingers out, we have only Odoi to play wings. That 4-2-2-2 might be a temporary fix till Pulisic and Ziyech are back on their feet and fully fit.

but still Lampard could go for Werner on the left and Odoi on the right to accommodate one of Abraham or Giroud.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nezzjnr: 9:22am On Sep 17, 2020
hensben:
To be honest, Havertz is just like Pogba, they don’t bring that X factor into a team rather ice on the cake type of play. Bruno is better in that regard. I love serious and determined footballer with talent, that even if you are having an off day on the pitch your present will still be felt. Havertz is serious and determined but his play is too soft, he should try to go hard a bit(he is still young though so I will excuse him for now irrespective of his signing fee). On the other hand, pogba play is hard but he is not psychologically matured, hence the lack of X factor in his game.
Wtf does Pogba has to do with this Hensbrain undecided

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:23am On Sep 17, 2020
DExponential:
This is more like it. Mount and Alonso were focused on Lamptey. Lamptey lays the pass to Trossard who takes the shot with his weaker foot and scores. We had 9 players there! ☹️
1. I feel someone should have marked Trossard
2. Kepa na Arrizabalaga angry
that ball's trajectory no be here o, it went pass a couple of players, blindsided the keeper and still took a dip. Very few GKs would have been lucky to stop that goal.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spillo1: 9:26am On Sep 17, 2020
hensben:
LMFAO....This is straight up bullshit.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:26am On Sep 17, 2020
schurley:

Incase the money ain't complete to sign Sancho, you could as well get a nice looking, skillful and suitable LB that doesn’t get injured available for just £18m
No Monitoring
No weighing
No Agreement
No Buy back clause
What ya say?
lol dey don't deserve Emerson, na baba Rahman go too fit them cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by schurley(m): 9:32am On Sep 17, 2020
hensben:

You really drawing a conclusion of Havertz ability after just one game?
I think it's too early for that calm down small

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 9:34am On Sep 17, 2020
Some of you disparaging Lampard for his choice of team on MD1 will relegate prime Enyimba going by your analysis, given the lack of apparent choices in key positions due to injuries, suspension and late arrivals Lampard had no choice other than field the available players. That they failed to perform to expectation isn't his fault.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:35am On Sep 17, 2020
spillo1:

LMFAO....This is straight up bullshit.
Pogba go off mentally, he doesn’t have leadership on the pitch. He is the type that when his team is loosing he is the first to have a brain fart to worsen the situation.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:43am On Sep 17, 2020
OJURONGBE1:

layquit and him thousands of words of explanation. Just to force agenda, brilliant but he had to add crap to it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:47am On Sep 17, 2020
hensben:
Lampard should be telling Odoi to always try to attack when with the ball instead of passing backward. He is a winger for f sake. This is why I like coaches with man management skills. If Klopp handle a player like Odoi he will turn beast, he is too relax for my liking.
beast like chamberlain, shaqiri, lallana, that RBS former winger dem buy, cheesy.

is it today u knew Odoi plays more like an attacking midfielder than a forward

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 9:50am On Sep 17, 2020
The way some people type Sha. What is

"layquit and him thousands of words of explanation. Just to force agenda, brilliant but he had to crap to it."

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:53am On Sep 17, 2020
schurley:

You really drawing a conclusion of Havertz ability after just one game?
I think it's too early for that calm down small
No, I’m not. It is what I have noticed in his game since his days at Leverkusen. But like I said he is still young and has great personality for his age, that alone will probably help him going forward.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:53am On Sep 17, 2020
Melvyn11:

"layquit and him thousands of words of explanation. Just to force agenda, brilliant but he had to crap to it."
o, thank you. Didn't notice the missing word there tongue

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:57am On Sep 17, 2020
BlueAngel444:
beast like chamberlain, shaqiri, lallana, that RBS former winger dem buy, cheesy.

is it today u knew Odoi plays more like an attacking midfielder than a forward
Odoi is young and can be taught by Klopp at this age, you know he like to catch them young. Those guys you mentioned have passed learning stage for Klopp to teach basic. Lol
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by babatundey5: 9:59am On Sep 17, 2020
hensben:
Loftus cheek play like nothing is at stake, a mid table team mentality. His positional sense to receive the ball is/was average, can’t move into space to receive the ball, can’t drive the ball forward properly when with the ball. His off ball movement is average too, can’t win the ball back from opponent.

My preferred line up against Liverpool(4-2-3-1 formation); kepa; Azpi sylva Zouma Chilwell; Kovacic Kante; Mount Havertz Warner; Giroud.
Looking at werner game at brighton playing from the wings will limit his run, cos he will has a lot of defending to do, playing him with giroud require a 4-4-2, where he can always run into space available behind the opposition backline.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BikeMan: 10:02am On Sep 17, 2020
Liverpool about to conclude the Thiago deal. Klopp assembling his own midfield first XI
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 10:08am On Sep 17, 2020
babatundey5:
Looking at werner game at brighton playing from the wings will limit his run, cos he will has a lot of defending to do, playing him with giroud require a 4-4-2, where he can always run into space available behind the opposition backline.
You have a point. 4-4-2 is not bad either but the player to execute that is not available except Havertz’s play will be limited again. Maybe 4-2-2-2 will work. Mount and Havertz to play behind warner and Giroud.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 10:11am On Sep 17, 2020
How to beat Liverpool
https://youtu.be/zdclN03_at0
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 10:31am On Sep 17, 2020
Melvyn11:

I’m just seeing that crap now and it’s hilarious TBH grin

BlueHermaphrodite is as confused about shis gender as much as shis is about the English language.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by odizeey(m): 10:32am On Sep 17, 2020
macjireh:

An average Chelsea fan thinks every other club bribes their way to trophies. When they lose, they were robbed. Barca, City, United, Liverpool. Everybody dey rob Una. Small club mentality.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9873) (9874) (9875) (9876) (9877) (9878) (9879) ... (19504) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.