Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,704 members, 7,969,055 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 06:15 PM

Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? (12339 Views)

Should Goodluck have Buhari And Amaechi Arrested? / 2015 General Election: Should Goodluck Jonathan Rule For Another Term? / US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by wysenas(m): 6:13pm On Apr 26, 2012
Its unfortunate that BH is beyond nigerian citizens comprehension.we are just guessing,but how can u convince me that GEJ as Nigerian president can not tackle BH.we are not sincere in this country,may be we want God or angels to come down and help us.
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by YoursGEJ(m): 6:25pm On Apr 26, 2012
what will be his position title? Minister of Boko Haram or Special adviser to the president on boko haram affairs
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 26, 2012
faithin9ja:

It's not about respecting GEJ it's about loving Nigeria, can Buhari only serve Nigeria as President?

If Buhari truly loves Nigeria he should offer his services and like the Pied Piper of Hamlyn wipe out this menace.
If GEJ truly loves Nigeria he should call Buhari to help and assist.

Anyone who supports BH already has blood on his hands and should thrown into jail, but look at other peace efforts in the world, sometimes jail is not the only answer.

Leave aside party politics.

. Buhari wil be d last man to acept such post.i know him very well if u want buhari to serve just apoint him as petroleum minister and he wil serve like a castrated man
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by rainbowman: 6:37pm On Apr 26, 2012
Having read most of your comments on this forum, I find it astounding at your level of naivety concerning the BH wahala. This crisis is a classic example of insurgency and subversive opeartions conducted to ensure a change in govt by making the citizenry feel insecure and turning them against the govt. These BH thugs have no clear mandate and are only interested in killing innocent civilians or military/policemen whose only crime is wearing the uniform to protect innocent citizens. Theses guys want all of us to convert or die and it is as simple as that. They are mostly poor illiterates who chose not to go to school and are blaming the govt for their present predicament, the people who started sponsoring them no longer have control over them. Their members are hell bent on dying for their cause because they are mostly cowards who are afraid of going to hell because they cannot live a pious life hence the suicide bombings as they believe that this is a shortcut to heaven. The President and the security agencies are doing their best, men are sleeping on the roads, exposed to all sorts of dangers so that the majority can sleep safe and if not for their efforts only God knows what could have happened by now. So instead of criticising your President and calling him names, I believe its better for all of us to start getting security consciuos and report suspicious pple to the relevant authorities. We all must join hands against this menance. Nigeria is our country, it is not for Boko Haram.

3 Likes

Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by mohstone: 6:39pm On Apr 26, 2012
@gregg2: Buhari has nothing to do with Boko Haram. He is not among the personalities BH respect in the north. BH is a PDP creation that is why GEJ is cold about them.
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by mohstone: 6:47pm On Apr 26, 2012
rainbowman: Having read most of your comments on this forum, I find it astounding at your level of naivety concerning the BH wahala. This crisis is a classic example of insurgency and subversive opeartions conducted to ensure a change in govt by making the citizenry feel insecure and turning them against the govt. These BH thugs have no clear mandate and are only interested in killing innocent civilians or military/policemen whose only crime is wearing the uniform to protect innocent citizens. Theses guys want all of us to convert or die and it is as simple as that. They are mostly poor illiterates who chose not to go to school and are blaming the govt for their present predicament, the people who started sponsoring them no longer have control over them. Their members are hell bent on dying for their cause because they are mostly cowards who are afraid of going to hell because they cannot live a pious life hence the suicide bombings as they believe that this is a shortcut to heaven. The President and the security agencies are doing their best, men are sleeping on the roads, exposed to all sorts of dangers so that the majority can sleep safe and if not for their efforts only God knows what could have happened by now. So instead of criticising your President and calling him names, I believe its better for all of us to start getting security consciuos and report suspicious pple to the relevant authorities. We all must join hands against this menance. Nigeria is our country, it is not for Boko Haram.

This is funny. Who told you that? I started reading your post but was disappointed at your level of understanding for what BH stands for. There is more to BH than what you see in the media. GEJ is handicapped because some of his political financiers are the major financiers of BH and he knows. The people that put him there know that he cant even bark let alone to bite. GEJ is just buying time, but he has no plan , whatsoever to curb the menace.

Buhari stands above board. Every decent northerner will tell you that Buhari has nothing to do with BH. The politicians in the North who supported GEj are same guys who created and continue to Harbour BH.
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by faithin9ja: 6:52pm On Apr 26, 2012
rainbowman: Having read most of your comments on this forum, I find it astounding at your level of naivety concerning the BH wahala. This crisis is a classic example of insurgency and subversive opeartions conducted to ensure a change in govt by making the citizenry feel insecure and turning them against the govt. These BH thugs have no clear mandate and are only interested in killing innocent civilians or military/policemen whose only crime is wearing the uniform to protect innocent citizens. Theses guys want all of us to convert or die and it is as simple as that. They are mostly poor illiterates who chose not to go to school and are blaming the govt for their present predicament, the people who started sponsoring them no longer have control over them. Their members are hell bent on dying for their cause because they are mostly cowards who are afraid of going to hell because they cannot live a pious life hence the suicide bombings as they believe that this is a shortcut to heaven. The President and the security agencies are doing their best, men are sleeping on the roads, exposed to all sorts of dangers so that the majority can sleep safe and if not for their efforts only God knows what could have happened by now. So instead of criticising your President and calling him names, I believe its better for all of us to start getting security consciuos and report suspicious pple to the relevant authorities. We all must join hands against this menance. Nigeria is our country, it is not for Boko Haram.

@Rainbowman - don't whether it is me you are referring to? however I agree hundred percent with you. the problem with violence is once the genie is out of the bottle it is difficult to close the cork with the genie back inside. I AM NOT A GEJ apologist but all leaders that have terrorism in their countries find it difficult to deal with it. The UK struggled with the IRA for over 30 years, in that time the IRA were blowing up skyscrapers in central London in the mid 1990's with all the UK intelligence, they couldn't stop them.

an IRA spokesman once said ' we only have to be lucky once, whereas you (the government) have to be lucky all the time'

I believe the leverage Buhari has he can start by talking to local leaders in the North to start laying down their arms, even the Niger Delta militants needed some sort of mediation to slow down their activities.

Yes they are always be some hot head independents but the majority of them can reigned-in, if a person of Buhari's standing is given the right tools and authority to speak to the relevant players.
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by kay1one(m): 7:02pm On Apr 26, 2012
@poster!... Are you well. Bringing a questionably bh member and then giving him state secrets!...
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 26, 2012
faithin9ja: The following was presented by a Nigerian author and social commentator. He suggests that Buhari should be appointed by Jonathan to head a commission to tackle Boko Haram (the white man calls this poacher turned game keeper) - how una see am?

[color=#006600][/color]
Al-mustapha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by rejoke(f): 7:07pm On Apr 26, 2012
Its a futile idea because even if Buhari accepts and does his duty, he will still be seen as the enemy tryin to disarm his rivals. It is all in the heads of GEJ and PDP alike, they know what is happening, they know the sponsors of this group, they are just afraid to face the truth because these same sponsors are his sponsors.
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by abacus(m): 7:19pm On Apr 26, 2012
Am really pained by the post. I will only pray for the poser.. that the more you defame an innocent man, so near almighty God's wrath on you and your household.

This country still amaze me, how can a C-IN-C be this weak? Imagine how much he allotted for security not to talk of NSA budget etc.

Can we relate: What comes of those BHs arrested by SSS? I even heard another one was arrested today. Don't those arrested give useful information that can end this menace?
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by maasoap(m): 7:29pm On Apr 26, 2012
Nigerians are jokes! You know Buhari's ability and competence, you didn't vote for him. You had opportunity, you blew it away. Now, you want him to serve as GEJ's dog to hunt down wild animals called Boko Harams. You want to eat your cake and have it. If you believe that Buhari can solve our problems, vote for him come 2015. But for now, stop day dreaming because it is not gonna come to reality. By the way, Buhari didn't create BH, he is not an ex BH and he is not BH godfather. Your analogy is faulty.

1 Like

Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by adedayodan(m): 7:30pm On Apr 26, 2012
Honestly its a nice advice but the simple fact is that this government cannot deny they dont know any thing about all these killings. Ask them.
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by Fhemmmy: 7:31pm On Apr 26, 2012
I am sure Buhari will never serve under GEJ . . .
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by teskyg: 7:56pm On Apr 26, 2012
@ Aussie,am sure u are also BH memeber.I can understand your Anger.You want ur sponsor Buhari to be made relevant.Its a pity that your dream will never come true.Buhari will never rule this country.@ Chiover.excellent analysis.
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by maclatunji: 8:00pm On Apr 26, 2012
This thread and the idea it contains is a classic indictment on the capacity of GEJ to lead this country. You now want Buhari to clean up the mess that you supported by commission. If you voted GEJ not PDP, you are part of the problem, if you oversee the CBN and witnessed and approved massive withdrawals of funds on the eve of the Presidential election you are part of the problem. If you are in government and are stealing funds instead of implementing projects, you are part of the problem. If you see the truth and hide it because you want to favour someone from your tribe, you are part of the problem.

Nothing short of a capable President will help us get rid of Boko Haram and the other problems of sickening and pervasive corruption and incompetence.

Nigerians you goofed, Buhari wept for you, you laughed at him. Tell me, are you not enjoying Fresh Air!?

General Buhari should and will not take any appointment from GEJ if he values his integrity. I am sure he does.

Nigerians the solution is to tell GEJ the truth. He has failed massively, he either improves or should leave Aso Rock!

1 Like

Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 26, 2012
if he can,they should appoint him fast,no lives needs to be lost if there is/are potential solutions.
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by mrperfect(m): 8:24pm On Apr 26, 2012
Would this solve the problem, again would he accept that?
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by Ochek: 8:30pm On Apr 26, 2012
Joker! How do you appoint someone with a selfish ambition? If any anti GEJ knows and thinks he can save the situation, why not do rather than louding their mouth in singing the failure of the presidency. Now, thats what we call being patriotic. Thatz the quality of ppl we need. Not one that will end up turning the situations and circumstances to their advantage.
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by hubreality(m): 8:42pm On Apr 26, 2012
He doesn't need to be appointed by GEJ or the Govt. We expect him to see and ensure the future, progress of the youth without religious and ethnic sentiments. We need him to support and encourage the present govt towards a perfection. PEACE!!

1 Like

Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by friedrice1: 8:52pm On Apr 26, 2012
I think the reason behind this topic is to spite the General and create a link between him and Boko haram. fo0lish Poster! why not say GEJ appoint Gen. Buhari to fight Corruption?

1 Like

Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by maasoap(m): 8:52pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ochek: Joker! How do you appoint someone with a selfish ambition? If any anti GEJ knows and thinks he can save the situation, why not do rather than louding their mouth in singing the failure of the presidency. Now, thats what we call being patriotic. Thatz the quality of ppl we need. Not one that will end up turning the situations and circumstances to their advantage.
Pathetic comment. Buhari is an alternative to incompetent GEJ, not complementary. Just like CPC is an alternative to PDP but not complementary.
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by Ochek: 8:56pm On Apr 26, 2012
maasoap: Pathetic comment. Buhari is an alternative to incompetent GEJ, not complementary. Just like CPC is an alternative to PDP but not complementary.
Your opinion pal. Your opinion party man.
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by klairekk: 9:18pm On Apr 26, 2012
FOOOLISH, SENSELESS... Keep wondering if christain bigots r nt worse than the so call bokos.
Leave BUHARI ALONE. ATLEAST HE IS BETTER THAN MOST IF NOT ALL OUR SELFISH LEADERS.
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by kasiem(m): 9:24pm On Apr 26, 2012
what's it with this hype on buhari's relevance? buhari who can't think out a single sentence without the aid of an assistant? it's quite clear that althrough the campaign period, the only statement that buhari thought, was "lynch them". during his tenure as the head of state, it's glaring that the real leader was idiagbon. so, why are we overhyping this bloody-old-vampire, that is ready to die any moment from now, for his inane abetting of the hullabaloo that has overtaken the country? thankgod for tuberculosis.
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by zaboy: 9:33pm On Apr 26, 2012
I grew up in maiduguri and was there when BH first started in 2002/2003, so i guess i am in a better position to comment about their activities.

For the Ignorant ones: Buhari has nothing to do with BH.
Majority of the ppl in maiduguri actually believe BH is a PDP creation, and therefore, the government is not honest about dealing with them. A friend of mine recently saw the leader of BH, Shekau in Kano, driving around! He is supposed to be the most wanted man in naija, and yet, people keep on seeing him around as if no one is after him. Contrary to what the security operatives say, he is not in hiding at all!

Buhari wont accept such a proposal, he knows the government is not honest about. Plus they wont even ask him to negotiate with BH, he will expose them.

1 Like

Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by honeric01(m): 9:49pm On Apr 26, 2012
So much of foolish comments so far.. chai...

Since the SSS have been arresting boko haram members, all those that have confesses so far and those indicted are all PDP MEMBERS, isn't that enough for any sane person to know that BOKO HARAM = PDP?
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by Isaactop9(m): 9:54pm On Apr 26, 2012
iykay4455: It's like appointing osama bin laden to tackle al quaeda
true talk lipsrsealed
iykay4455: It's like appointing osama bin laden to tackle al quaeda
true talk
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by oluoma1: 10:03pm On Apr 26, 2012
Hahahaha? Nawaooo.... who is fooling who here na dem dem. Blood suckers....rubbish.
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by zalatan(m): 10:29pm On Apr 26, 2012
you sure say goodluck neva tire.boko plus haram equal shocked embarassed cool embarassed wink smiley
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by Aussie(m): 10:51pm On Apr 26, 2012
@teskyg, i am not a muslim neither am i a northerner, then am i related to boko haram? Perhaps u guys forgot it was Ali Modu Sheriff that created the monster, wat has GEJ done to him? Buhari remains the best even above any member of my party, ACN. Leave sentiments and let's be sincere to move the nation forword and stop mocking Buhari here.
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by Sike(m): 10:53pm On Apr 26, 2012
Never

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Economy In Recession In Q4 / APC Governors To Contribute N6Bn For Upcoming Congress, Despite Owing Salaries / Kano Hisbah Arrests 178 Beggars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.