Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,859 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:27 AM

Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach (20090 Views)

Luis Enrique To Be Tito Vilanova's Successor At Barcelona? / Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach / Barcelona's Tito Vilanova Suffers Tumor Relapse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach by snowdrops(m): 8:14pm On Apr 27, 2012
shizzle11:
Noted.
But get it right, i aint a barca fan, am a MADRIDsta for life, i am also celebrating the end of an era just like you,but truth be told, barca has been the nemesis of even the best teams in the past 3-4 seasons (including man-u), so let's learn to appreciate good things. Six trophies in first season as a top flight coach, meaning he won all the competitions he went in for, bros no be moi-moi!

I take on board your point, however, the so called feat by Pep could have been achieved by just anybody else. I still believe he came in at the right time, the talents were already there, it does not take a rcoket scientist to make them blend and play. Any Wenger, RDM, AVP, even Alex Mcleish could have done same.

I repeat, Pep needs to prove his worth by achieving same in another club, another league. Thats what make JM stands out. Four different countries, he has continued to score resounding success, whether on low or high budget; working with players that had less than half the talent of the boys from nou camp.
Re: Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach by Ninilowo(m): 8:40pm On Apr 27, 2012
teskyg: Pls,point of correction.Pep has not won any cle3 trouphy.Uefa awareded hom trouphies.We need him to replicate 20 percent of his third part acievement in another league before we will ranked him amoung succesful coaches.
GBAM!
Re: Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach by Mcleo007(m): 8:57pm On Apr 27, 2012
sholatech:

If that is how Uefa dashes Trophies, then we will start seeing that maybe none has won Champions League. Your man Mourinho that says all these because of his tactics had lots of those "uefaMourinho' decisions helping him to win the two champions league, especially his first at Porto.

let me give you some UEFA Champions League highlights that benefitted Mourinho:

1. Man Utd-Porto 2004 (CL last-16): Paul Scholes goal scandalously disallowed

2. Porto-Deportivo 2004 CL Semi-Finals: Andrade red for playful kick on friend Deco

3. Inter-Chelsea 2010 CL last-16: Samuel last-man trip on Salomon Kalou

4. Inter-Barca 2010 CL Semi-Finals: Milito offside turns out to be tie-winner

5. Barca-Madrid 2011 Copa final: Pepe should have seen red in final win

Even this year 2012, so many scenes we've seen with Real Madrid that Mourinho usually would have called for offside-goals and Red cards if they were against his team. I still laugh at marcelo's two-legged challenge against a Bayern Munich player in the first leg. Clear Red card.

so if you focus on things like these, you will keep blaming referees for loosing. For me, you either win or you lose after the final whistle.

Despite all these, pep and mou won the champions leagues they were crowned champions. Only parochial football followers deluge themselves that uefa dashed A or B!

Help me Inform Dem ooooo. The 3rd incident was the most ludicrous. Even Deco intervened, telling the referee that Andrade was only kidding and that the kick was to purpose.

1 Like

Re: Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach by honeric01(m): 8:59pm On Apr 27, 2012
snowdrops:

I think you are high on chelsea lol

Pity i am at work, thats the luck you guys have if not, this forum no go contain all of us.

u believe u go fit stand the un-mod honeric01?
Re: Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach by kutchs: 9:20pm On Apr 27, 2012
snowdrops gives up, what a shame.
Re: Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach by snowdrops(m): 9:37pm On Apr 27, 2012
kutchs: snowdrops gives up, what a shame.

I am just getting started. No easy having to type from phone. You Barca worshippers would feel the full wrath of my humble self very soon
honeric01:

u believe u go fit stand the un-mod honeric01?

Wats 'un-mod'?
Any which way, my liver dey kampe, I no shake. Barca has been doing my head in with their boring football. Hopefully with Tito I charge I can stay awake when Barca plays.
Re: Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:46pm On Apr 27, 2012
Koolking: Pep should take up an appointment with Everton FC (one of the most promising FCs in England) and let's see if Everton will lift the next season trophy. Pep has been overrated as the BEST coach. me thinks, he lives on the glory of one of the best team-players in the world

Apart from Messi, I don't see Barcelona's team as exceptionally gifted players compared †☺ great players of the past ℓi̶̲̥̅̊kε̲̣̣̣̥ Real Madrid's Zidane, Ronaldo, Figo etc. AC Milan's Marco Van Bssten, Ruud Gullit, Frank Rijkaard or Even Ajax team of the early 70's or Vaan Gaal's Ajax team with Seedorf, Edgar Davids, Overmars, Litmanen were all teams more gifted individually than the present Barca Squad. Frank Rijkaard's Barca team with Eto'o, Ronaldhino, Guily, Deco were also far more gifted.

ђã†̥ Pep achieved ɪ̣̝̇ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ remarkable with a team not as gifted as the ones mentioned above but played one of the best style of play ever witnessed. By the way, Mourinho's Madrid ɪ̣̝̇ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ even more gifted with C. Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema, Higuain, Di Maria, Ozil. Yet in Mourinho's stay, Pep did better. PRops †☺
Guardiola.
Re: Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach by ddippset(m): 10:40pm On Apr 27, 2012
so funny how someone could say that 'mourinho sweats to get hi trophies' mourinho's life is built upon a referee's error. Mourinho's has not won a single champions league trophy without the referee's error to his favour. Mourinho has never coached a club which is not either the biggest club in the conutry or one with a billion pound budget. It is easier to jump from one billionare club to another than to remain with a club for 4 years and succeed. Big ups to the fergys, the wengers, the hitzfields, the de bosques and the peps of this world. But mou, He is an opportuntist, an over ambitious coach and the biggest hypocrite on planet mvtherfvcking earth.

1 Like

Re: Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:55pm On Apr 27, 2012
DMainMan: [b][/b]

Who told u Guardiola invented dat style of play. He copied d best coach of this decade, ARSENE WENGER. He plagiarised d most entertaining team in d world, ARSENAL. He should be punished.

You guys A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ funny. Arsene Wenger invented total football? That ɪ̣̝̇ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ hilarious. Ȋ̝̊̅†̥ was first played in the world cup in 1954 by Hungary. Made popular by Holland in 1974. Maybe Wenger ɪ̣̝̇ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ the copy cat.

ђã†̥ style did Ajax with Kanu and Finidi play?
Re: Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:26pm On Apr 27, 2012
snowdrops:

And you believe the crap that he made up his mind to resign in october. Man are you that gullible or stubborn to admit the truth. Fact they have lost matches this season and he failed to quit as he had done, but thos matches were:

1. Not title/season deciders
2. They did not leave those matches with their pants hanging down, and their aura of invincibility removed as real and chelsea had done
3. the world now knows that barca is a one dimensional team; they are unadaptable. stop messi and stop barca.

FACT; guardiola resigned because of the consecutive defeats to real and chelsea. Pep most have seen another humiliation ahead with the copa del rey.

Pep never liked Sandro Rosell, President of Barca. So he was never going †☺ stay long. Also remember when the season started, Pep said he couldn't guarantee a trophy this season but still won the world club cup. So this season beat his expectation †☺ resign because of defeats.
Re: Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:35pm On Apr 27, 2012
snowdrops:

Common man, which evidence? The only evidence i see is that within the last one week barca has had their season crushed in two fantastic matches one of which is the greatest display of football europe has ever seen.
Pep left his post shortly after months of speculation, during which everyone was expecting him to sign a new contract.
I bet you had he won the classico and went within a point of real and knocked chelsea out of the ucl, he would still be in the helm at barca and that young man is a FACT.

Pep said that if he won the
Champions League this season, he will go on a break from football. His mind was made up long before the
Chelsea encounter.
Re: Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:51pm On Apr 27, 2012
kutchs: Which makes me wonder Snowdrops why the team failed to win a single trophy dis 2 seasons. Am just listening to BBC sports world and the whole world is acclaiming this young man as probably one of the best managers, even Ed Harry has described him as the manager of the 21st century. That my friend is something u can neva accept but the truth hurts. It takes a great manger to manage great players and that Pep proved in his 4 yrs at Camp Nou.

Henk Ten Care left Rijkaard and Barca immediately declined. Cate coached Ajax and joined Chelsea and Grant and Chelsea reached the Champions league finals. By the way Peps Barca B was playing the best football ever seen when Barca's form dropped under Rijkaard. That was why Rijkaard had †☺ leave ƒό̲̣̣̣̥r̲̅ Pep.
Re: Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach by Nobody: 1:40am On Apr 28, 2012
Mr Pep, the first time i watched barca play, i couldnt shut my wide mouth. If there's something called intuitive and near perfect football, u created it. Gracias mr pep.

1 Like

Re: Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach by mamagee3(f): 4:53am On Apr 28, 2012
This Pep is just a sore loser, I wonder why people are going nuts over his run in barcelona.

I'm not a fan of barcelona at all but I can say that he's only quitting because their tactics has been figured out and teams are no longer intimidated by them anymore, amazing how the only year he loses La liga and Champions League, he quits. grin

Like some people said on here Chelsea has sacked him. grin grin
Re: Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach by VUVUZELA10: 4:58am On Apr 28, 2012
Go to other countries and win laurels to match the Great Mourinho achievements.
Re: Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:08am On Apr 28, 2012
VUVUZELA10: Go to other countries and win laurels to match the Great Mourinho achievements.

Most of You guys consider Ferguson great and never say Globe Trot and prove yourself. There isn't such thing. Whooping Mourinho 5-0 ɪ̣̝̇ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ enough proof. He met Mourinho while Mourinho coached Inter and won twice, drew One and lost once. Since Mourinho came †☺ Madrid, he has only beaten Guardiola twice. If Guardiola beats Mourinho Ȋ̝̊̅†̥ ɪ̣̝̇ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ № news but Mourinho beating him in the Champions League, he has cracked Pep. Now he has cracked Pep. Please, 6 titles as a Rookie isn't Akara.

1 Like

Re: Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach by Bamo89: 7:25am On Apr 28, 2012
A great coach dat is wat pep is, he knw wat football is all about, 13 trophies in 4yrs, he's a legend. As a barca fan it ach my heart to c him go. We wil al miss a great man of history. Thank u pep 4 u av made us proud. Kudos to u.

1 Like

Re: Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach by vanstanzy(m): 7:44am On Apr 28, 2012
@k'nash

13 trophies in 4 seasons no be come chop o! Ignore chelsea wey dey boast say them sack Guardiola. Na only for their mind. Bayern go chew them!

1 Like

Re: Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach by vanstanzy(m): 7:50am On Apr 28, 2012
mama-gee:
This Pep is just a sore loser, I wonder why people are going nuts over his run in barcelona.

I'm not a fan of barcelona at all but I can say that he's only quitting because their tactics has been figured out and teams are no longer intimidated by them anymore, amazing how the only year he loses La liga and Champions League, he quits. grin

@mama-gee

Pls get off this thread, it is no place for SISI's. Thank you![/b]

1 Like

Re: Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach by lafuria1(m): 8:42am On Apr 28, 2012
The subject of d thread should have been is pep a caword for leaving barcelona at this time. Tito vilanova is gonna be barca new coach. I don't see him doing anything diff from pep but can he motivate d players in big matches. Post pep era will tell hw important pep is or not.
Re: Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach by 1025: 9:31am On Apr 28, 2012
at short run, fraud pays but a team like barcelona was not supposed to base on fraud. look at this season that barca players are not rolling on the floors or intimidating refs, no la liga, no champions league and confusion has taken over the whole team.
even without fraud, they are supposed to be the best team but bosquet and alves changed a lot of things in the team that even with their 13 trophies in 4 seasons, they ended up with more enemies than friends and more debts for the club.
i wish to see a new barca team that will play their games and let platini choose another team for his fraudulent destructions.
Re: Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach by yungboss(m): 9:45am On Apr 28, 2012
There's this saying that when you'r on top there's envy. Thats the problem against Man Utd and Barcelona.

2 Likes

Re: Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach by vanstanzy(m): 10:07am On Apr 28, 2012
yungboss: There's this saying that when you'r on top there's envy. Thats the problem against Man Utd and Barcelona.

@yungboss

U took it right outta my mind. I was going to say same. All this tongue lashing is just JEALOUSY AND ENVY against BARCA.
Re: Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach by 1025: 10:09am On Apr 28, 2012
There's this saying that when you'r on top there's envy. Thats the problem against Man Utd and Barcelona.

@yungboss,
you lied. arsenal has been there before and you can't link me to stories indicating envies against them. madrid has been there and they are still there, no one can identify envy in between. chelsea under mourinho made history in epl and i did not see ppl point to officials or please link me up.
barca and man u are called pdp in various viewing centres and if you google these things, they will come out with proves.
are you saying ashley young of man u did not cheat in their last two penalties? are u saying fulham did not have a penalty call denied fraudulently against man u. unlce read the following;
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/premier-league/2011-2012/manchester-united-fulham-454038.html
http://www.france24.com/en/20120420-fergie-has-word-with-young-over-diving-storm
http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2012/04/15/manchester-united-vs-aston-villa-4-0-highlights-2012-rooney-penalty-goal-young-dive-welbeck-nani-goals-video/
http://manu.gloworld.com/index.cfm?inc=reportsd&id=411844AF-B6B1-4CE8-92CB-416A207430F0

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2012/04/04/3012510/nestas-shirt-pulling-van-persies-red-chelseas-five-penalties

reading maketh a man. do not base ur arguments on beer parlour discussions. make out time to read through some of these articles written by foriegn sports journalists and u will be equipped and prepared to discuss with points.

Re: Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach by mygsmnairacom(m): 11:20am On Apr 28, 2012
Bye bye Guardiola. You will surely be missed by lovers of football.

In the next three months, I'll no longer be giving you cash; instead, I'll teach you how to be self-reliant https://www.nairaland.com/923056/smart-ways-reduce-extended-family
Re: Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach by sasonel(m): 12:19pm On Apr 28, 2012
Gud or Bad Barca mite just remain d same buh just different incentives 4rm d manager.
Re: Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach by ddippset(m): 12:51pm On Apr 28, 2012
mama-gee:

this is the sort of thrash you talk whenever you get your panty all wet after fantasizing before some cristiano ronaldo poster. farewell guardiola; who's gonna be sad-barca fans the world over. Who's gonna be sadder-barca players. Who's gonna be saddest-mourinho(he's gonna be burt hurt for the rest of his natural life cus he wont get any chance of avenging your molestations of him.
Re: Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach by joshuapharm(m): 2:46pm On Apr 28, 2012
ddippset: this is the sort of thrash you talk whenever you get your panty all wet after fantasizing before some cristiano ronaldo poster. farewell guardiola; who's gonna be sad-barca fans the world over. Who's gonna be sadder-barca players. Who's gonna be saddest-mourinho(he's gonna be burt hurt for the rest of his natural life cus he wont get any chance of avenging your molestations of him.
u idiot...instead mou is d happier party..cos he beats guardiola to d title which is more important..u guardiola fans..i can suck ur pants for all i care..la liga is madrids to rule now..up los blancos joor..wat a weak coach guardiola is....
Re: Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach by joshuapharm(m): 2:49pm On Apr 28, 2012
rather u can suck ur pants..cos tito wont even have d confidence to stage a press conference against mourinho..wow..so mou rili won dis battle...madrid rules..
Re: Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach by olumidazz: 3:54pm On Apr 28, 2012
@henrychuba or what u call yourself, am so disappointed at your lack of decorum here, can u not emulate other decent people paying tribute to the best coach in the world instead of ranting like a headless chicken, common man 13 trophies and possibly 14 out of 17 trophies in 4 years, pep and barcelona obviously deserves everybody respect and pls stop spewing jaggons like you had breakfast from lawma vehicle this morning. 4 PEP AND BACELONA I DOFF MY HAT.
Re: Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach by mamagee3(f): 4:42pm On Apr 28, 2012
vanstanzy:

@mama-gee

Pls get off this thread, it is no place for SISI's. Thank you![/b]
Who gave you the authority to dictate who should get on a thread or not?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Manchester City Vs Tottenham Hotspur (3 - 0) On 13th February 2021 / Chelsea Vs Aston Villa (2 - 0) On 17th October 2015 / Arsenal Vs Aston Villa (3 - 2) On 22nd September 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.