Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,787 members, 7,921,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 12:52 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (232) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (936996 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by nihho(m): 12:55pm On Nov 19, 2012
hey guyz my interview is going to place on jan 2013....pls guyz,can u all assist me on what's next

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by owobabaisabella: 1:15pm On Nov 19, 2012
brightmon: The trip was long and stressfull to me because am with a child and infant but if i were travelling alone then it wuld have been sweet.
Anyway, i flew Emirates and it cost abt 230k for an adult to Califonia but the price WILL vary depending on the airline and destination. i got to the airport abt 9am for a flight of 2:45pm and i was glad i did, i was the 1st on the line for check in, am not too sure but i think checking in started abt 9:30am or 10am. my check in was smooth but una know na, 9ja with begging and i have to wet ground but dint spend much sha just abt 2k.
After the check in i then took my time to look for were i will eat mama put for the last time because i may not get that taste for a long time to come. they called for boarding and those with infant, childern, senior boys and girls and business or first class were allowed to board 1st. we got to dubai, spent about 7hrs and boarded for Califonia and on landing i went straight to the immigrant line or section and againm i was the first on the line, we got processed and within about 40min they were done.
my passport was stamped and America here i am.
God bless this Country for giving my family a chance to leave a better life and for my children. I remain loyal and for ever indebtedness to her.
Guys, this place na colored and digital while you know were na black and white and analog.

Congrats to u and ur family, welcome to God's own country!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by afobat2000: 1:58pm On Nov 19, 2012
owobabaisabella:

Congrats to u and ur family, welcome to God's own country!!!
brightmon congrats to u and ur family wellcome to America god that do your own he will do where own 2,now you will know different between good leader and bad leader
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by afobat2000: 2:01pm On Nov 19, 2012
gunners4u: I tink is becos of my stature. My bros will go 2morrow
gunners4u thanks for ur respond to my request it mean you send message to this morning thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by bobshina: 2:56pm On Nov 19, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
@michymich @ibracadabra ur visa is already approved jst go der and confirm it....my GOD who did it for adzovia,gunner4u,Brightmon,jay92,teeebabie,malcon etc is still on his throne he ll surely do urs IJN
hahaaa my guy. no 4get my name 4 gud thing o grin grin grin
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by dawton: 4:31pm On Nov 19, 2012
What do I need for NPC attestation apart from age declaration affidavit,am going to NPC tomorrow for my attestation.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pgheaert: 4:45pm On Nov 19, 2012
Has anyone gotten his or her 2NL this month?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by prommy12(f): 4:46pm On Nov 19, 2012
@brightmon, am so happy 4 u..... Wish u all d best!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by yembe2013(m): 5:04pm On Nov 19, 2012
pgheaert: Has anyone gotten his or her 2NL this month?

OF COURSE!!, check out previous pages
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pgheaert: 5:07pm On Nov 19, 2012
I mean after 15th of this month. Because I learnt that new 2NL will be sent out every 15th of each month..... Am I right?

yembe2013:

OF COURSE!!, check out previous pages
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 5:15pm On Nov 19, 2012
brightmon: its been an intresting journey and a fast one, started six months ago, may 3rd and followed with suspense, not sure, sure but got confirmed 3 wks ago and today, its a Reality.
Reporting live from the United States.
so happy for you

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 5:46pm On Nov 19, 2012
pgheaert: Has anyone gotten his or her 2NL this month?
yes,what is ur CN?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pgheaert: 6:33pm On Nov 19, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
yes,what is ur CN?

CN is 2013AF00005***
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Godhelpmeooo(m): 6:39pm On Nov 19, 2012
good day house,congratulations to you brighton

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 7:19pm On Nov 19, 2012
pgheaert:

CN is 2013AF00005***
u ought to ve gotten ur 2NL when did u snd bk to kcc? i guess u submited a bit late.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 7:25pm On Nov 19, 2012
pgheaert:

CN is 2013AF00005***
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pgheaert: 7:41pm On Nov 19, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
u ought to ve gotten ur 2NL when did u snd bk to kcc? i guess u submited a bit late.

Yes I submitted a bit late. But its been over 8 weeks now that KCC confirmed to me that they have received the forms....... I guess I just have to wait.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 7:48pm On Nov 19, 2012
pgheaert:

Yes I submitted a bit late. But its been over 8 weeks now that KCC confirmed to me that they have received the forms....... I guess I just have to wait.

Please, exercise a little patience. It takes KCC a minimum of 8 weeks to process forms.
Good luck.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pgheaert: 7:50pm On Nov 19, 2012
Thanks. I appreciate the wishes.
Leripa:

Please, exercise a little patience. It takes KCC a minimum of 8 weeks to process forms.
Good luck.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tosmy(m): 8:52pm On Nov 19, 2012
congrat brightmon,am so much happy for u and ur family as u dey yup does trip experience i just imagin....man i can't wait to received our visa,mr temmy,mr adesoji and mr brightmon be expecting me and my family in america soon........faith works wonders
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Amedino1: 9:25pm On Nov 19, 2012
brightmon: The trip was long and stressfull to me because am with a child and infant but if i were travelling alone then it wuld have been sweet.
Anyway, i flew Emirates and it cost abt 230k for an adult to Califonia but the price WILL vary depending on the airline and destination. i got to the airport abt 9am for a flight of 2:45pm and i was glad i did, i was the 1st on the line for check in, am not too sure but i think checking in started abt 9:30am or 10am. my check in was smooth but una know na, 9ja with begging and i have to wet ground but dint spend much sha just abt 2k.
After the check in i then took my time to look for were i will eat mama put for the last time because i may not get that taste for a long time to come. they called for boarding and those with infant, childern, senior boys and girls and business or first class were allowed to board 1st. we got to dubai, spent about 7hrs and boarded for Califonia and on landing i went straight to the immigrant line or section and againm i was the first on the line, we got processed and within about 40min they were done.
my passport was stamped and America here i am.
God bless this Country for giving my family a chance to leave a better life and for my children. I remain loyal and for ever indebtedness to her.
Guys, this place na colored and digital while you know were na black and white and analog.

Hey dude wanna welcome Ɣ☺ΰ to ur New home.. Wish Ɣ☺ΰ all da Best. We join Ɣ☺ΰ Soon.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by look4all: 11:07pm On Nov 19, 2012
Brightmon how are finding you new home?i'm happy for you o.ours is coming soon in jesus name
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Ibracadabra: 1:29am On Nov 20, 2012
I got this from another forum and I feel it may interest some of us here... One very fascinating aspect of this- is that you can actually APPEAL a denial.. We don't want denials; but this suggests that we shouldn't give up without a "fight" (not physical fight o!)... Ok here it goes:

Resolved Question:

i went for an DV visa interview and was told that my high grades are low so am not qualified.?

i have 4 passes but i was enroll in an institution where i spent more than three years and obtain an advance diploma in business studies? if my grades are low, why cant my advance diploma be considered? i follow the DV instruction which says high school graduate or equivalent and i am one. so why would i rejected when i even have more than high school qualification? and what should i do?

Asked by Jobe - 2 years ago - ⁠Report Abuse

Best Answer

DV Applicants are interviewed like other US immigrant visa applicants and are subject to the same rules to determine your eligibility for visa issuance.

Successful DV entrants must be eligible to receive a visa by qualifying based on education, work, and other requirements. The law and regulations require that every DV entrant must have at least:
(1) A high school education or its equivalent; or (2) Two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation requiring at least two years' training or experience.

Since this denial is a question of law, you are allowed to appeal the refusal or have the decision reconsidered.

Section 203(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act provides a maximum of up to 55,000 immigrant visas each fiscal year to permit immigration opportunities for persons from countries other than the principal sources of current immigration to the United States. The Nicaraguan and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) passed by Congress in November 1997 stipulates that beginning with DV-99, and for as long as necessary, up to 5,000 of the 55,000 annually-allocated diversity visas will be made available for use under the NACARA program. This reduction has resulted in the DV-2011 annual limit being reduced to 50,000. DV visas are divided among six geographic regions. No one country can receive more than seven percent of the available diversity visas in any one year.

Source(s):

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1322.html#occupations
1) www.visacenter.org
2) Interviews with Embassy and Immigration authorities on our weekly TV migration show,Amerika, Atbp., aired nationwide in the Philippines on NBN Channel 4, Sundays, 11 am to 12 noon.
3) Actual cases of applicants we have assisted as International Visa Counselors since 1999

Answer by Visa Counsellor - 2 years ago - ⁠Report Abuse

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 7:58am On Nov 20, 2012
temmytanny: Neva a must but adviseable you do it 10days before your interview especially police report cos it expires withing 3months.
pls how many day will it take to get my police report and medicals done?...Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seal777(m): 8:11am On Nov 20, 2012
Ibracadabra: I got this from another forum and I feel it may interest some of us here... One very fascinating aspect of this- is that you can actually APPEAL a denial.. We don't want denials; but this suggests that we shouldn't give up without a "fight" (not physical fight o!)... Ok here it goes:

Resolved Question:

i went for an DV visa interview and was told that my high grades are low so am not qualified.?

i have 4 passes but i was enroll in an institution where i spent more than three years and obtain an advance diploma in business studies? if my grades are low, why cant my advance diploma be considered? i follow the DV instruction which says high school graduate or equivalent and i am one. so why would i rejected when i even have more than high school qualification? and what should i do?

Asked by Jobe - 2 years ago - ⁠Report Abuse

Best Answer

DV Applicants are interviewed like other US immigrant visa applicants and are subject to the same rules to determine your eligibility for visa issuance.

Successful DV entrants must be eligible to receive a visa by qualifying based on education, work, and other requirements. The law and regulations require that every DV entrant must have at least:
(1) A high school education or its equivalent; or (2) Two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation requiring at least two years' training or experience.

Since this denial is a question of law, you are allowed to appeal the refusal or have the decision reconsidered.

Section 203(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act provides a maximum of up to 55,000 immigrant visas each fiscal year to permit immigration opportunities for persons from countries other than the principal sources of current immigration to the United States. The Nicaraguan and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) passed by Congress in November 1997 stipulates that beginning with DV-99, and for as long as necessary, up to 5,000 of the 55,000 annually-allocated diversity visas will be made available for use under the NACARA program. This reduction has resulted in the DV-2011 annual limit being reduced to 50,000. DV visas are divided among six geographic regions. No one country can receive more than seven percent of the available diversity visas in any one year.

Source(s):

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1322.html#occupations
1) www.visacenter.org
2) Interviews with Embassy and Immigration authorities on our weekly TV migration show,Amerika, Atbp., aired nationwide in the Philippines on NBN Channel 4, Sundays, 11 am to 12 noon.
3) Actual cases of applicants we have assisted as International Visa Counselors since 1999

Answer by Visa Counsellor - 2 years ago - ⁠Report Abuse

This information is very true and accurate, of very probable fact that your refusal will be upturned if cases of poor judgement are found.

I got some resources from KEMZONE on this issue sometime ago and this have since increased my level of confidence in preparing for my upcoming DV interview , successful interviews and visa issuance for DV lottery winners are near certainty if the conditions are met with no lies or provable suspicion and no fundamental errors in your information's / qualifications.

Dv winners are not like normal visa request that can be denied on flimsy excuses, its a right and not a privilege.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 8:21am On Nov 20, 2012
brightmon: yes ohhh, thank you LERIPA, GENTIGER, SURVEYPROF, I HATE 9JA, KAYPOSITVE, IBRACADABRA, TEMMYTANNY, GNY KELLY, SANDDY101, PAPATEE, YEMBE2013, BOBSINA, ADESOJI and OGBONLOWOB for your congratulatory messages on my arrival at in the states. God wa do my own God una own too.
Thanks
AMEN!!!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Selam: 8:33am On Nov 20, 2012
Has anyone gotten received the 2NL this month? i sent my document be for 6 months still nothing
file nu.00019xx5
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 8:57am On Nov 20, 2012
idoo4love: pls how many day will it take to get my police report and medicals done?...Thanks
medicals: 3 working days at ikoyi
police report; less than 4hr
make sure u go for the medicals 1st and get there early, b4 8:30am then u can go to alagbon for the PR.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sozen2010: 9:13am On Nov 20, 2012
Ibracadabra:

Congratulations dear... May all of us receive the same favour u received at d embassy

Amen IJN.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by magicmase: 9:36am On Nov 20, 2012
hello everyone, i sent my forms in may thru registered mail, tracked it online and it was recieved nd signed for, but i havent gotten any mail from kcc dat its been recieved, tried callin dem but i just get an automated response, am i doing sumtin wrong? My no is 16000+ thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaypositve(m): 9:54am On Nov 20, 2012
Selam: Has anyone gotten received the 2NL this month? i sent my document be for 6 months still nothing
file nu.00019xx5

Please check the Monthly bulletin. Just wait till when ur cn will be current. the monthly bulletin will tell you the actual fact about ur interview schedule. take care.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.