Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,675 members, 7,951,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 03:15 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (474) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (941137 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaypositve(m): 10:05am On Feb 14, 2013
mohamed shire: what the hell this embassy is i had my interview to day but unfortunately they putted me further processing.
please house what shall i do please explain me what does this meaning. they told me that they are not recognized the Somali documents, and that they will check them, so how long will take to me to wait please an advise .

please house hurry up

@ Mohamed Just take it cool, its just for them to verify your document. Just for authenticity. The visa is urs man.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chirpywest(m): 10:10am On Feb 14, 2013
@Hilarrydrunk,Take heart and don't give up. Keep playing DV but do it right from now and God can still select u
@all that is argueing one way or the other, plz d rule can not be bend cos of us so let's play accordingto the rule.
Plz if u know u have similar case in d house, plz let's save our scarce resources and invest in oda things instead of wasting it cos we can see that chances are slim for such mistake
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 10:12am On Feb 14, 2013
Happy Valentine to you all.
Be careful how you handle your valentine surprise.
An Olympian and Paralympian Oscar Pistorious just (allegedly ) shot his girlfriend dead in South Africa this morning. Mistaken her for intruder after she staged a valentine surprise.
May her soul rest in peace.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 10:18am On Feb 14, 2013
Can someone please show me the direction to FEDERAL HIGH COURT, IKEJA ( NOT IKOYI )where affidavit for declaration of age for NPC is done.
I know there is State High court at Ikeja, but i understand the affidavit meant for NPC is done only at Federal High Court.
Please let someone show me because the person i sent this morning just told me there is no Federal High Court at Ikeja. I know there is but i don't know the location.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:06am On Feb 14, 2013
uniqueprivacy:
just send an e-mail to passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com, with your passport number as the subject and the body of the mail. that's all, and you will immediately receive an auto response of your status.

Don't waste your precious time tracking your passport status online. Go a day after the scheduled pickup day and get your visa.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 11:10am On Feb 14, 2013
Gentiger:

Don't waste your precious time tracking your passport status online. Go a day after the scheduled pickup day and get your visa.

IT DIDN'T WORK FOR YOU, DOESN'T MEAN IT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL.THE SYSTEM IS ERRATIC AND THAT WAS WHAT THE AGENT TOLD ME B4 I STARTED TRACKING.AT LEAST TRY TRACK B4 YOU HEAD OUT.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 11:10am On Feb 14, 2013
mohamed shire: what the hell this embassy is i had my interview to day but unfortunately they putted me further processing.
please house what shall i do please explain me what does this meaning. they told me that they are not recognized the Somali documents, and that they will check them, so how long will take to me to wait please an advise .

please house hurry up
Somali documents if written in any other language apart from english should have been translated to english before taking it to the embassy. they are now going to take time and translate it before investigating it
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 14, 2013

please house hurry up

Why the aggression and hurry? Don't you know that documents and people from that side of the world are under alot of suspicion with respect to terrorism and religion? Just calm down as they take their time to scrutinize you and your stuff.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 11:31am On Feb 14, 2013
loconzo00: Can someone please show me the direction to FEDERAL HIGH COURT, IKEJA ( NOT IKOYI )where affidavit for declaration of age for NPC is done.
I know there is State High court at Ikeja, but i understand the affidavit meant for NPC is done only at Federal High Court.
Please let someone show me because the person i sent this morning just told me there is no Federal High Court at Ikeja. I know there is but i don't know the location.
Take a bus going to IKeja Alausa. Drop at Secretariat. You will see a road that lead to GTB bank, Secretariat central mosque & Chapel Church. The Federal court is beside the Chapel Church & opposite Tisco plaza. The address is Alhaji Ashabi cole street, Alausa Ikeja.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 12:10pm On Feb 14, 2013
Yusmash00: Take a bus going to IKeja Alausa. Drop at Secretariat. You will see a road that lead to GTB bank, Secretariat central mosque & Chapel Church. The Federal court is beside the Chapel Church & opposite Tisco plaza. The address is Alhaji Ashabi cole street, Alausa Ikeja.

Thanks a lot.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by msaki: 12:47pm On Feb 14, 2013
garvins: House!!!!!! i think am moving forward cos i check my status Dis morning @ Ceac.state.gov
U.S. Department of State
IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Administrative Processing
Immigrant Visa Case Number: 2013AF**** 01 LGS
Case Creation Date: 15-Oct-2011
Status Updated Date: 22-Jan-2013 now change to 12- FEB- 2013

God will surely Delivery me
im tryn to chek myn...t duzn work..wrng case number.. sad
garvins: House!!!!!! i think am moving forward cos i check my status Dis morning @ Ceac.state.gov
U.S. Department of State
IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Administrative Processing
Immigrant Visa Case Number: 2013AF**** 01 LGS
Case Creation Date: 15-Oct-2011
Status Updated Date: 22-Jan-2013 now change to 12- FEB- 2013

God will surely Delivery me
im tryn to chek myn...t duzn work..wrng case number..
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 1:19pm On Feb 14, 2013

please house hurry up
PLease dont panic or worry,i guess your country issues and al queda linked stories of somalia may be the reason.They are going to find out more about you and dig deep into your past.Just relax
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chio: 1:21pm On Feb 14, 2013
Please whats de procedure to get NPC
how much does it cost.
also do i need NPC if i have my Baptisimal Certificate
thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by agbaawo: 1:48pm On Feb 14, 2013
Pls help pls am at ajose adeogun right I can't find d hospital for medical test pls someone help by sending the real address of the hospital pls
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by agbaawo: 2:03pm On Feb 14, 2013
Pls anyone should be pls give me the address of the hospital that I need to do the medical test pls
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by peace1166: 2:06pm On Feb 14, 2013
There is no way we can know that will be still going or stopped, just only if we are lucky enough. Because it depends on the amount of visas left from the toltal visas given to a specified country. so lets pray hard till April bullutin.
ze.dv.neger:
Hello guys, how do we know that the cut-off number is still going?
it's been known that for April
AFRICA 33,500 Except: Egypt 19,175
Ethiopia 29,700
Nigeria 14,500
ASIA 6,525
EUROPE 22,850 Except: Uzbekistan 13,400
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 3
OCEANIA 1,000
do you think/know there would be for may, some thing till AFRICA :35,000 or more ? how can we be sure undecided

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jawad123: 2:13pm On Feb 14, 2013
peace1166: There is no way we can know that will be still going or stopped, just only if we are lucky enough. Because it depends on the amount of visas left from the toltal visas given to a specified country. so lets pray hard till April bullutin.

well 35000 that for sure it will definitly go up to 50.000 bcz there is 50.000 visa granted every year then according to the losing winner they go over 50.000 .... if there were 10.000 people for example with case numbers 30.000 and less who were not granted visa this means they will call 10.000 more people over 50.000 which mean it will go up 60.000 depends on how many people lost ......by the way everyone should know this the region of african visa bulletin stand for the whole world bcz it always the highest number any question feel free to ask ......................... another thing the visa that have been given is lesssssssssss 33500 all around the world which means there is still more then 16500 visas available and when say more then 16500 i mean depending on the people who lost there could be 18000 or20000 or 25000 or 30000 you never know but we know that there is 16500 or more visas available

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaypositve(m): 2:26pm On Feb 14, 2013
agbaawo: Pls anyone should be pls give me the address of the hospital that I need to do the medical test pls
Q-life family clinic, plot 155A prince ade odedina street, off ajose adeogun, victoria island, logas 01-804-2000 or 01-726-2840 Cell: 0702-772-4055

or
The children's practice Lit, 25 Roymond Njoku, Ikoyi, Lagos; 01-893-0723...all the best.
From Obalende enter Falomo bus and tell the conductor where you are going
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 2:27pm On Feb 14, 2013
jawad123:

well 35000 that for sure it will definitly go up to 50.000 bcz there is 50.000 visa granted every year then according to the losing winner they go over 50.000 .... if there were 10.000 people for example with case numbers 30.000 and less who were not granted visa this means they will call 10.000 more people over 50.000 which mean it will go up 60.000 depends on how many people lost ......by the way everyone should know this the region of african visa bulletin stand for the whole world bcz it always the highest number any question feel free to ask ......................... another thing the visa that have been given is lesssssssssss 33500 all around the world which means there is still more then 16500 visas available and when say more then 16500 i mean depending on the people who lost there could be 18000 or20000 or 25000 or 30000 you never know but we know that there is 16500 or more visas available
tanx for shedding more lyt into the bulletin and also for restoring some hop to who think the visa myt finish before thre number wuld be current.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by peace1166: 2:38pm On Feb 14, 2013
you right, atleast there is 16500 visas available for Africa, so still there is high probability for those winners in high case number.
jawad123:

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by mohamedshire: 3:19pm On Feb 14, 2013
temmytanny: PLease dont panic or worry,i guess your country issues and al queda linked stories of somalia may be the reason.They are going to find out more about you and dig deep into your past.Just relax

ok thank u my friend they were not talked about alqaida but they were suspicious of my high school certificates so please predict how long it will take to wait
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by mohamedshire: 3:45pm On Feb 14, 2013
please house is there any one who have been putted for further administrative process ? please how long will it take to you to wait, and what is your problem of putting u for further processing

please write to me soon i am still panic
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 4:11pm On Feb 14, 2013
ferdimako:

IT DIDN'T WORK FOR YOU, DOESN'T MEAN IT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL.THE SYSTEM IS ERRATIC AND THAT WAS WHAT THE AGENT TOLD ME B4 I STARTED TRACKING.AT LEAST TRY TRACK B4 YOU HEAD OUT.

Even the very day I picked up my visa, the useless tracker still said it's not ready. Save yourself the stress. Go pick up yourvisa a day after the scheduled date.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 4:14pm On Feb 14, 2013
mohamed shire: please house is there any one who have been putted for further administrative process ? please how long will it take to you to wait, and what is your problem of putting u for further processing

Maximum of 60 days. Please wait. Don't contact the embassy and don't visit any location where they need to clarify the authenticity of your document.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ksjlar: 4:23pm On Feb 14, 2013
There is a plethora of reasons why one is out under administrative processing. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to speed up the process. They will contact you withing the stipulated letter they handed you to inform you about the process. I was put on administrative processing to but it was successful by the grace of God.

There is no need to worry especially if all your documents are clean and you have no criminal record in your country or abroad. Good luck chuck and I know you will come up tops. In the mean time thank God in advance for success.

Bless

mohamed shire: please house is there any one who have been putted for further administrative process ? please how long will it take to you to wait, and what is your problem of putting u for further processing

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by mohamedshire: 4:28pm On Feb 14, 2013
ksjlar: There is a plethora of reasons why one is out under administrative processing. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to speed up the process. They will contact you withing the stipulated letter they handed you to inform you about the process. I was put on administrative processing to but it was successful by the grace of God.

There is no need to worry especially if all your documents are clean and you have no criminal record in your country or abroad. Good luck chuck and I know you will come up tops. In the mean time thank God in advance for success.

Bless

ok bro thanks, but how long did it take to u to wait
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 4:35pm On Feb 14, 2013
MERCY2013: I owe dis honourable house dis interview xperience. My friend had is interview on feb4th.he submited gce cetificate with pass in english,he wasn't ask about is testimonial nd waec cert.
All protocol was observed. Interview at window 14.
Co: gudmorn
Co: take d oath
Co: what is ur name
Co: what is ur highest qualification
Co: what year did u graduate
Co: mention d courses u were taught
In scool
Co: why submiting gce
Co: u have A1 in math why ?
Co: how did u prepair for d exam
Co: mention d topics in math
Co: u must be gud at calculus
Co: where did u propose to ur wife
Co: what was d 1st gift u gave ur wife.
Co called d wife

Co: where did ur hubby propose
Congratulation pik up ur visa next week.

Congrats!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 4:51pm On Feb 14, 2013
seal777: TO THE GLORY OF GOD : SEAL 777, VISA GRANTED 7 FEBRUARY, 2013. grin

I had my visa interview this morning at the Lagos embassy in what i can consider the easiest and cheapest interview by a nairalander and my visa was granted.

Depart home 6.05 am, got to the embassy gate 6.58, submit 2nl and cleared with a tag number B417, went through security check and made payment in the interview hall, called at window 15 for submission of original and photocopies of credentials and was ask to wait for my number to be called.

I was there 2 years ago for a study visa which was denied but the whole arrangement has changed compare to 2011 with all activities brought under one roof in an open hall.

I sat in the front row so as to have a better view of other people's interviews but was forced to leave my seat for an elderly woman who wanted to sit close to her son. I ended up sitting at the full glare of the slim white lady of window 16 and I would confess, she was very direct and straight to business unlike others who were very calm and much more friendly in their interviews.

After hours of waiting, I.saw the white guy in window 14 talking to another white chubby guy in the cubicle showing him my credentials in the process and few minutes after that I was called by the white guy in window 14 for my interview.

My interview lasted for less than 5 minutes and it goes thus:

Co: Good Morning
Me: Good Morning, how was your nite?
Co: Good

TOOK MY FINGER PRINT AND TAKE OATH

Co : Are you ( he mentioned my Surname ).
Me: Before he could mention it I completed the names and told him, very correct.
Co: What is your highest level of education.
Me: Bachelor of science in accounting.
Co: Which school is that?
Me: Obafemi Awolowo Univerisity, ile ife
Co: did you observe the national service?
Me: Yes
Co: Where?
Me: Kabba, Kogi state
Co: What was ur service all about?
Me: Teaching
Co: What are u doing currently?
Me: I am the Business Development Manager in my own company ( i had the registration certificate but he never ask me ).

He kept typing and later brought out one white form and circled an address and told me my application is fsvourable and should go and pick my visa next and make sure I pay the 165 dollar green card processing fee.

CO"S INTERVIEW ROLL CALL FOR THE DAY :

Black lady in window 13 :
Granted 4, Denied 2

White Guy in window 14
granted 5 visas ( including mine and curiously granted a guy his visa without WAEC.
Denied 1

(THE GUY CLAIMED HE NEVER SAT FOR WAEC IN HIS SCHOOL BECAUSE HIS PARENTS COULD NOT AFFORD 34,000 TO PAY BUT INSTEAD OPT FOR GCE WHICH IS MORE CHEAPER 6,500 )[b][/b]. HE NEVER TOOK WAEC AT ALL.

White lady in window 16
Granted 2 visas ( 1 dv and one other to little girl on filling )
Denied 4 married couples ( all with 2- 3 children each )
Pending 1 married ( ask to wait for appraisal of their case ) i left them there anyway.
God is my witness, my interview lasted between 2 to 4 minutes because of his typing and was the shortest and simplest of the whole interview I observed in the hall.

Kudos to Kemzone for the indepth links, very educative and informative and to other guys in the house GOD BLESS US ALL.

ALLAHU AKBAR, HIS MIGTY NAME BE PRAISED FOR HIS MERCIES.
Me: bef

Congrats man!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 4:52pm On Feb 14, 2013
goldenfish4u: This forum has helped me a lot and I want to give back something to married couples in the house, pls dont mind my long story. I and my Wife had successful interview few days ago and appointment was at 9:00 AM in London so we left home very early to avoid early morning traffic. I was initially concerned about my big bag so I asked my wife to put plastic bags in her handbag in case they refused us entrance with such big bag. We found already a small queue ahead of us but most of them were non-immigrant visa. We got checked inside in twos as you will expect- airport style baggage and body scan, my wife was scared when she saw fully kitted police every where even in the compound just as you see it in American movies, all I could say was- God bless America! Getting inside the massive building, we handed our 2nd NL and the invitation letter we got from the US embassy few weeks back to the receptionist.
The lady at the reception gave us a slip containing our calling number and was directed to a large waiting hall where we found lot of people waiting for non-immigrant visa and US citizen coming for their passport renewals.
After waiting for about 30mins, our number was called, at the window where we met a nice lady and friendly as well. She requested for our notification letter, she went away to bring our file, inside the file was our initial form DSP... we sent to KCC and our medical, she handed out our Xray CD to us which we must take with us and be ready to present it if ever it was requested at the port of entry, she collected all necessary documents starting from birth certificate and proof of Support. She also gave us a courier paper we would use to arrange for our passport to be returned to us, she requested for one additional picture as well, thank God my wife took them with her. Please try to be organized so that you wouldn’t frustrate this people because they are busy and there are still many people waiting. I have two folders, one for my wife and one for myself the principal applicant. All we need to do is to go into each ones folder and bring out original and one photocopy of each document as requested by her.
I was happy to cross the first hurdle. I so enjoyed this first part that I wish that was all. I asked my wife that ‘is that all? maybe next thing is welcome to America’ my wife said u are not serious, we are yet to face the real hurdle.
she came back and asked us to go and pay the DV visa fee at the cashier desk in window 12 then come back, which I did using my debit card. After that, she asked us to go and wait in the hall again for our number to be called for an interview.
I have never been in this type of situation before, this is not a work interview or Who wants to be a Millionaire, this is a life changing experience, future to be determined in the next 1hr or 2hrs but one thing that kept us going was that we have prayed, nairalanders have prayed and also people are praying at the moment even as we were sitting, I was prepared to say the truth with my wife. As I’m writing now I remembered that moment ....THANK YOU JESUS......
After almost 2 .5hours of waiting, our number was called, I pretended I didn’t hear, my wife also pretended, number called again, my wife said is that not our number, I said, I heard it before, I tot my mind was playing games on me.
It was a young beautiful lady that was conducting the interview. She asked who the principal applicant is, I raised my hand, she took my finger prints followed by my wife’s finger prints, and we performed the oaths together raising our right hands.
The interview:
Co: What do you do?
Me: Answered
CO: Did you use any agent to play
Me: No
CO: How much did you pay to play?
Me: I paid no one
CO: Where did you play it?
Me: On my computer inside my room
CO: Tell me the site you played it
Me: Its dvlottery.state.gov or dvlottery.gov.state, one of the two
CO: How long have you been playing?
Me: I don’t normally play lottery during the paper system, but since the introduction of Online application I decided to play it, so I can’t really say how long, but I can say I started when e-system of application was introduced, it’s easy and straight forward (SHE KEPT TYPING ALL THE WAY)
CO: Have you been to the state before?
ME/Wife: No
CO: How do you want to support yourself and your wife?
Me: I have families in the state to live with (AOS from them)
CO: How much money do they plan to give you and is it weekly, monthly?
Me: I have savings in my bank account (Bank statement). SHE KEPT TYPING.
CO (Asked my wife): How do you want to support yourself (Tricky question)
Wife: He is my husband so we save together.
CO: why did you decide to marry after lottery?
Me: We have been dating for 3years now, last Dec 2011 we decided the date for the introduction which was in March, and the wedding which happen to be after lottery result. That was the earliest date we could pick because it’s hard to get wedding date in the summer. So many couples avoid wedding in the winter.
CO: Is that your wedding ring
Me: Yes
CO: Where did you buy it?
Me/wife: answered together
CO: How many people came to your wedding?
Me/wife: we named some
CO: When did you start dating?
Me/Wife: We answered together
CO: Do you live together:
Me/Wife: We answered
CO: Since when
Me/Wife: Answered together
CO: Any tenancy agreement with your names
Me: yes (we gave her)
CO: Any other marriage before this
CO: Any police arrest
CO: Any picture of your date?
Me: Gave her
CO: I am going to approve your visa
Me: Thank you.
The secret to my success is the TRUTH. Say things the way it happens, they are human being as well with feelings, be honest and pray very well. Our BIG bag was full of 5 different albums of our life before wedding, during wedding and after wedding. I know we Naijas don’t take dating pictures serious, thank God for facebook, let us try and take pictures as a couple even if we go out together to fetch water from the river. Americans CO believe this is how relationship should be and romantic side of it will proof how real it is. Don’t show them pictures of when you stand together like Idumota soldier, put together the romantic ones even if it is few. The CO took her time to look through all our pictures one by one, my wife too was showing her and telling her the names of my family members in the album, at a point I nearly got vexed with my wife, thinking who is the winner, who is doing the talk!

Note, your partner will play major role though he/she may not be the winner but he/she should be active and sensitive, just as my wife spoke and told the CO the people in our albums. There are questions that require answers from both of you at the same time, so couples be prepared. Rehearse your life experience together and pray; it’s a pity that our country has made this opportunity hard for applicants in genuine relationship because of the foolish Agent doing dubious business. This has spread outside the country and that is why even in London you can imagine this type of experience faced by Nigerians in my situation. I only prepared for academic questions but all questions were based on my marriage. I spent roughly 25 to 30min with the CO. Prepare for everything. Once again Say the truth and the truth will set you free. I will suggest some other proofs I have with me which I didn't use because the Co was convinced beyond doubt but might help married couples;

[b]I understand no gadget, no phone, no laptop or tablet policy, so I think out of the box.

1.I printed some of our dating pictures on facebook for the past 3years, I also click to open each facebook picture’s page which has DATE uploaded on the right with comments, I did the Printscreen (CTR + Print) and pasted on Microsoft word to print. If they doubt, they should give me a computer to open it.

2.I also open our email conversations, did the screen shot and print, or you can print it without screenshot, this also has date on it and time. In case of doubt, I was prepared to show them in my email if they give me computer. To open you conversation, search mails using your partners email, or reserve words like love you, miss you, sex, sex you, missing you, sweetie, pawpaw, honey, names you use for each other when you send email. You will get some of your past conversations etc.

3. I downloaded ‘SMS TO TEXT’ on my android Google play - so I saved all text message between us to computer, opened in plain text with notepad and print out, I was able to print our conversations up to late 2011, that is if you are still using same phone since then.

4. I exported my call logs on my two phones, other phone I have wasn’t android so regardless of your phone, find a way to get right app to do it, i found one on android- ‘Call History’, though I didn’t use it. I know it might be too hard to get your call logs from your phone providers in Nigeria, but you can help yourself. Check it.

5. Any official documents- Power holding Bill with your names on it, change of address of both party from post office in the past if applicable e.t.c[/b]

Thank you all for your advice and prayers, and to my friend who knows himself, he offered to give nairalanders prayer request for me without my knowledge.

Once again Say the truth and the truth will set you free.

Congrats to you and your wife!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 5:05pm On Feb 14, 2013
Allybert: Hi everyone,

To the glory of the Lord and the prayer of you all, I and my wife had a successful interview some hours ago. The CO at window 13 is indeed an angel! Without much ado, I will just go straight to the interview experience proper. But mind you, my wife was the principal applicant. She played as single before we married last year before the DV result.

Co: good morning
We: good morning ma
CO: Please sign these forms
We: Okay ma - we signed the forms
CO: Am going to take your fingers print
We: Alright ma - ( We did the fingers print)
CO: Do you swear to say nothing but the truth?
We: Absolutely yes
CO: please go and have your sit while I interview your wife.
Me: Alright ma. - (I had to stood a few distance away cos I already lose my sit)
Co: what is the name of your sch?
Wife: Blah blah blah
CO: What course did you study?
Wife: Food sci & tech
CO: Why did you study food sci & tech
Wife : Blah blah blah blah
CO: What year did you finished?
Wife : Blah blah blah blah -
CO: Tell me about your course
Wife: Blah blah blah
CO: No. I don`t want defination. I want full explanation
Wife: Blah blah blah blah- (explaining in details until she asked her to stop)
CO: Tell me about food processing
Wife: Blah blah blah blah
CO: What are perishable food products?
CO: How can you preserve them?
Wife : Blah blah blah blah - (citing terms and giving examples) Now the CO is typing.
CO: When did you get married?
CO: Where, when and how did you meet your husband?
CO: When did he proposed?
CO: What does your husband do?
CO: Can you explain what type of business your husband do?
CO: How much does he earn?
Wife : I really don`t know the exact amount
CO: You mean you don`t know how much your husband earn?
Wife: Yes, because he is not a salary earner. But we are living good. We are okay with what he earns.
CO: Oh! yeah I can really see that. - ( at this stage the interview is becoming very interesting to her and what follows thereafter was more like a chit chat)
CO: What type of wedding did you do?
CO: DO you have a very big wedding?
CO: Do you have wedding pictures?
Wife : yes (my wife brought out our photo book and as she was flipping, the CO asked her to keep flipping. She was smiling, then asked wife to stop and pointed to someone in the picture)
CO: Who is that in the picture?
CO: Do you have any courtship picture?
Wife : Yes
CO: Can I see? (At this stage she was very busy typing and staring into the computer. She did not bother to check the courtship pictures) She then asked my wife to call me. As I was approaching the window, she said to my wife - give me a minute I want to get some papers.
Wife: Alright ma - Now I am standing beside my wife and she was whispering into my ear. Then the CO returned with two papers and gave our original documents back to us.
CO: MR & MRS blah blah blah, congratulations your visas have been approved. Welcome to America. Go to the circled address to pick up your visas next week Fri. She then explained something to us about how to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee but we werent really paying attention because we were very excited. My wife was just smiling and saying thank you, thank you, thank you ma! The CO was just smiling......

My wife did a very good job and I am very proud of her. The only question I was asked was "Did you swear to say nothing but the truth" Which I answered "Absolutely yes"

Lessons:

* Be prayerful
* Prepare very hard
* When academic question is asked, don`t give definations but explanation and keep explaining until the CO ask you to stop.
* Speak out loud and look straight into the CO`s eyes.
* If married, say things the way they are. Don`t fabricate.
* Make sure you are able to defend whatever qualification you are claiming.
* Another thing I observed from other interview experiences is that, the CO usually start their academic questions from your highest level of education and if you are able to explain very well, they will not bother to ask you questions from your SSCE.

Thank you and God bless you all.

Congrats!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Bigpiper(m): 8:21pm On Feb 14, 2013
uniqueprivacy:
my brother if you have not picked up your Visa package,it means your pick up date has been exceeded. please quickly go to the circled address that was given to you and pick up your package before they change their mind o. Lolz

Change their mind ke. Lol. I'm going to the circled address tomorrow morning. My testimony is coming up soon.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 8:25pm On Feb 14, 2013
Helo house,jst tru wit my medicals nd police report 2day but 1 tin spoilt my hapinez...the ATM machine frm wich I withrew money frm debited my 20k wen I only withdrew 45k out of 101k wich my bal supose to be 56k,I was only seein 36k...pls wat wil I do to get my money bak? 20k no be 2k abeg cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.