Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,420 members, 7,891,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 08:00 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (539) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (931909 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 11:14pm On Mar 07, 2013
Hello house .. (1). My flight is scheduled for 6:50am,what time is it advicable to leave my house because some of my family members want to accompany me .. And if am to sleep in d airport, can my people stay der with me all night ?
(2). Will I be allowed to travel with "agbo jedi "(the dry sticks without water ) . Ur reply is needed urgently Thanks and God bless..
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Opoki(m): 11:22pm On Mar 07, 2013
Gentiger: This is Gentiger reporting live and direct from LOS ANGELES California. I arrived safely yesterday, 17:00 local time after about 20hrs flifgt and 6hrs layover at Istanbul.

It was a fun experience and i thank everyone who through prayers and goodwill messages made this happen. If you are coming through Los Angeles, i must prepare your mind on what to expect. I cant tell if it's the same thing everywhere else. On arrival, we were greeted by sniffing scoundrels. They had to ensure we were drugs free. We proceeded to the immigration post to have our documents and visa packets (sealed Envelope} processed. It took a while because we were about 6 of us. I issued them with a new address for the delivery of my green card. You can change the delivery address of your green card to anywhere of your choice within the US. It's not true, neither is it mandatory you must come in through the Port you specified in your form to KCC.

From the immigration post we were ushered to the customs for screening. They spent time processing us. Expect discriminatory treatment if you are an African male, Asian or Middle east. They will single you out for special attention. They did what must be done and formally welcomed us to America.

For those of you who already have your visas, hurry up and join us here. This country is a beautiful place. Nowhere in Nigeria can be compared to Los Angeles California. Those awaiting interview, i wish you success. You will surely testify. I will be back here to share my experience with gay people as a way of preparing your minds for what obtains here. Talk to you later.

Gentiger signing off. Love you all.
congrats brov

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Opoki(m): 11:26pm On Mar 07, 2013
idoo4love: Hello house .. (1). My flight is scheduled for 6:50am,what time is it advicable to leave my house because some of my family members want to accompany me .. And if am to sleep in d airport, can my people stay der with me all night ?
(2). Will I be allowed to travel with "agbo jedi "(the dry sticks without water ) . Ur reply is needed urgently Thanks and God bless..
you can go in there by 9pm and stay there with your family till you do your checkings. You can go with the agbo jedi and declare it as syrup @ poe.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Opoki(m): 11:33pm On Mar 07, 2013
ManTiger: Gentiger and Opoki where has thou been?
I'm sure Gentiger is settling down cooly in the US and Opoki reside somewhere in SW... On behalf of the E-family, we've really miss you and your contribution.
Pls come back soon.
Shalom.
Thanks ManTiger. Rainstorm damage some part of my farm so i've so busy on fixing it.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:59pm On Mar 07, 2013
Congratulation Akaniman I am so happy for you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:02am On Mar 08, 2013
sina_adegoke: Hi house. Just came back from my visa interview. I know this is arguable, but thanks to God, it should be the shortest interview ever.

It went like this;
Interviewer: Hi
Me: Hi. Nice tie
Interviewer: (Blushes, looks at his tie, smiles widely, then looks at me): Thanks.
Interviewer: Are you Adegoke?
Me: Yes, Adegoke Adesina
Interviewer: Which school did u finish from?
Me: OAU, Ile Ife
Interviewer: When did u graduate?
ME: 1999
Interviewer:Which course did u study?
Me: Engineering Physics
Interviewer: How come you're in banking?
Me: Nigerian banks take graduates from all fields. You get trained on the job. So....
Interviewer: I was an Engineer too, and I found myself here, so I understand u
Me: You don't say
Interviewer: Yeah
Me: Where u begin and where u end are two different things

He kept smiling all the way, almost whistling when he brought out the forms, congratulated me, & told me my visa has been approved.

My tip for those awaiting the interview is.... Follow the instructions on the website thoroughly, & be very nice & civil. It can shorten ur interview considerably.

But more importantly, be confident in God. When it's ur time to change location, then it's ur time, hopefully for d best.

I am now officially a Yankee.

Meet u guys on the other side!

Congratulations!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gunners4u: 12:05am On Mar 08, 2013
just get dere b4 12am,becos d checkin time is 2.30am, if u ar leaving on royal air maroc
idoo4love: Hello house .. (1). My flight is scheduled for 6:50am,what time is it advicable to leave my house because some of my family members want to accompany me .. And if am to sleep in d airport, can my people stay der with me all night ?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:38am On Mar 08, 2013

try to get there like 2hrs earlier,for check in.My wife brought me some too...but make sure you rap it up.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 12:41am On Mar 08, 2013
I jst saw bros jide wit is wife pix nw on fb! Wow it S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ lovely... Happy 4 u all that ve been ‎​I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ america... Pray 4 •̸Ϟ ̷̷̴̐͠€ ooooo
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 2:07am On Mar 08, 2013
@sina adegoke; Congrats!
@akaniman; Congrats to you and your family!
@idriez; the visa is yours already. Congrats!
@jidedon & gunners; Congrats! The journey has just begun officially for both of you.
@gentiger; Congrats on your smooth transition to the land of opportunities. Thanks be to GOD for journey mercies.
@all that will be travelling soon, the LORD shall grant you journey mercies.
@all scheduled for interview for this mth and nxt mth, your case shall nt be different. You all shall come back here to share ur successful interview, giving thanks and praise to d Almighty GOD.
@those of us with high CN, the bulletine will speed to our favor IJN. I think those with CN 16000+ will be current in d upcoming bulletine.
IT IS WELL!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by yembe2013(m): 3:06am On Mar 08, 2013
congratulations to Jide for his GC, Gentiger for save travel and all those with successful interviews.
I just recieved my VISA thursday afternoon. Thanks to every support and every prayers, I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 3:06am On Mar 08, 2013
ferdimako:

Don't say you're not a picture type. That response almost cost a guy his visa two years ago. Find something logic and reasonable as your alibi.

Can you help provide a reasonable answer for the guy? No knowledge is wasted bro. I'm sure he'll appreciate that. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 3:07am On Mar 08, 2013
yembe2013: congratulations to Jide for his GC, Gentiger for save travel and all those with successful interviews.
I just recieved my VISA thursday afternoon. Thanks to every support and every prayers, I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST

Congratulations.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 4:55am On Mar 08, 2013
tycoon77:

Congrats bros jide... May God almighty continue to add more blessing ‎​I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ the life of ur family... Enjoy urself!!!
thank nu my brother
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 4:56am On Mar 08, 2013
yembe2013: congratulations to Jide for his GC, Gentiger for save travel and all those with successful interviews.
thank u,i appreciate
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 4:57am On Mar 08, 2013
monsieursam64: @sina adegoke; Congrats!
@jidedon & gunners; Congrats! The journey has just begun officially for both of you.
@gentiger; Congrats on your smooth transition to the land of opportunities. Thanks be to GOD for journey mercies.
@all scheduled for interview for this mth and nxt mth, your case shall nt be different. You all shall come back here to share ur successful interview, giving thanks and praise to d Almighty GOD.
@those of us with high CN, the bulletine will speed to our favor IJN. I think those with CN 16000+ will be current in d upcoming bulletine.
IT IS WELL!
Thank you,God bless u
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 4:59am On Mar 08, 2013
tycoon77: I jst saw bros jide wit is wife pix nw on fb! Wow it S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ lovely... Happy 4 u all that ve been ‎​I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ america... Pray 4 •̸Ϟ ̷̷̴̐͠€ ooooo
Lol!!!! i salute u my lovely brother,ur own VISA ll not elude you in Jesus name
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tinacrl01(m): 5:08am On Mar 08, 2013
Let me start getting ready with my document ĩ̷̊ need to do my birth certificate, collect my leaving skool certificate asap and other thins wll be leter.
all thnks to allmaity Allah cheesy cheesy
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 5:09am On Mar 08, 2013
@Jide, I saw ur pix. You both ar lookin lovely on those pix. I wish I'm already there with. I'm happy for you. Enjoy bro.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missannie: 5:16am On Mar 08, 2013
Hello House, pls this questn is reserved for those that hv gone for their intervw. If u knw that u USED d BIRTH CER.that was insured to u at birth & NOT d NCP CER.pls let me know I hv a birth cer.that contains both names of parents,but some ppl.in the House are insisting that it MUST be NCP.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missannie: 5:33am On Mar 08, 2013
4 those having interview this mth and nxt mth, dat Visa is already urs, Fear NOT u all shall come back here to share ur successful interview, giving thanks and praise to d Almighty GOD.
& those with high CN, the bulletine will speedily land w/out crashing. Favor is all urs IJN. So relax, 1 thing about DV-stuff is about testing our Patience. Success is all ours IJN.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:12am On Mar 08, 2013
jidex001: Forum.. I am sorry for the late response.

I left my phone @ home that why I have not spoken since.

My Visa was approve.

I got to the embassy @ 6:15am.. I waited till 9:45am before I was called in. Collected the payment slip, when thru the security and straight to the hall where interview is being conducted. I paid payment, submitted mine document. And I was waiting for my number to be call. I meet couple of guys.. We just started chatting like as if we have know each other for long time. With great believe that our visa has being approved. Suddenly my number beep @ counter 13 about 12 :15pm.

Me: Good afternoon Sir.
Co: Good afternoon and how are u doing.
Me: fine and u.
Co: Raise up ur hand...bla bla bla.
Me: yes I do.. Finger print.
Co: Wat do U do.
Me: Schooling and working.
Co: What d name of sch
Me: lasu sch of part time.
Co: he ask about my work.
Me: I told him designation at work
Co: he ask full meaning of my designation.
Me : I told him.
Co: Hope u are finding it easy.
Me: yes and it cool.
Co: He asked that what d relationship btw the person I am going to stay with and I.
Me: family friend.
Co: where is ur parent.
Me: lagos.
Co: do u stay wit them.
Me: Yes.
Co: he asked about how many brother and sister I have.
Me: 3brothers and 1sister.
Co : just said congratulation.. And he gave me d white sheet. On how to pay d 165dollars.

The co was already tired.. We were just about 4 of us remaining.

Glory be to God almighty. Big thanks to my name sake jidedon, leripa and to other great people in this forum

Congratulations Jidex. Welcomed to America.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:18am On Mar 08, 2013
temmytanny: congrats and welcome to US

Thanks Temmy. Please kindly inbox me your number. I got mine today and processed my SSN today as well. Looking to start working soonest.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:24am On Mar 08, 2013
tycoon77:

Gentiger my man!!! Happy safe trip down over dere... I will join u very soon @ los Angeles... Chop up bros.

When you arrive here, you won't think of Nigeria again. There's more than enough to eat and drink. My light hasn't blinked. Internet access is unlimited. Cable TV works round the clock. Fun everywhere you go. But the cold here is killing. I am padded with 5 clothing of which three are thick sweaters. I lost appetite for food. Please everyone hurry up and join the rest of us here.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:25am On Mar 08, 2013
@femo:
congrat and welcome i pray God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob wil be wit u in the name of Jesus Christ and obviously i see 3 biggest mansions in Africa that Julius begger build for u wit exotic cars inside d mansions u build i see it is your destiny to achive it so shall it be in the name of Jesus Christ of nazareth amen once again congrat and welcome pls put me in prayer my interview is in 2wks

Amen....I claim that and more with all my faith.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:30am On Mar 08, 2013
junkerhill: I thank God for journey mercy brother. He that led you safely will also lead me safely to American. In Jesus name, amen.

You mentioned discriminatory treatment, please can you be a bit precise on the exact treatment we ar likely to encounter in other to prepare our mind.
And how exactly where u approached by the gay people.

You will be singled out by customs for in-depth search. While others are allowed free access, you will be taken off the queue for a special attention. They will search you to your undies. This is my expetience at LAX airport. I cant tell if it's the same elsewhere. Pray you don't get searched by a gay. I leave the rest to your imaginations.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by oayombo: 6:33am On Mar 08, 2013
missannie: Hello House, pls this questn is reserved for those that hv gone for their intervw. If u knw that u USED d BIRTH CER.that was insured to u at birth & NOT d NCP CER.pls let me know I hv a birth cer.that contains both names of parents,but some ppl.in the House are insisting that it MUST be NCP.
If there isn't any mistake on it, go with it. NCP is a must if only you dont have that. That is what my sister used.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by oayombo: 6:36am On Mar 08, 2013
Gentiger:

You will be singled out by customs for in-depth search. While others are allowed free access, you will be taken off the queue for as special attention. They will search you to your undies. This is my expetience at LAX airport. I cant tell if it's the same elsewhere. Pray you don't get searched by a gay. I leave the rest to your imaginations.
Hey bro, pls how much was your flight ticket to California?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 7:00am On Mar 08, 2013
monsieursam64: @sina adegoke; Congrats!
IT IS WELL!

Amen oooooooo
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 7:02am On Mar 08, 2013
jidedon2000@yah:
Lol!!!! i salute u my lovely brother,ur own VISA ll not elude you in Jesus name

Amen ooooooo
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 7:03am On Mar 08, 2013
Gentiger:
You will be singled out by customs for in-depth search. While others are allowed free access, you will be taken off the queue for as special attention. They will search you to your undies. This is my expetience at LAX airport. I cant tell if it's the same elsewhere. Pray you don't get searched by a gay. I leave the rest to your imaginations.
hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa grin grin grin grin I can only imagine the search by a gay dude hahahahahahaaaaaaa what a nightmare.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tobihenryo: 7:14am On Mar 08, 2013
Hi evryone,pls is the new bulletin out?my CN is 172** when am I likely to be current?

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Polish Student Visa / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.