Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,473 members, 7,891,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 11:30 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (620) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (931971 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kdgom66: 9:07pm On Mar 26, 2013
Sunday45, pls we need to read your testimony o. I am sure you must have been granted your visa today. @pistabi(not sure I got the name right), congratulations but we are still waiting for the full testimony.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Remmy488(m): 9:08pm On Mar 26, 2013
Yea it doesn't follow in the docs arrangement

tycoon77:

Medical is missing out... Pls note
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 26, 2013
junkerhill: that's cool. I like that. Its far more cheaper. Considering when he is travelling

Much cheaper than others, I tell u and I will use them when am ready to head out.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 26, 2013
jidex001:

Sorry I mean 13k and not 31k

I did my medical @ qlife for 22k(13k for test then 9k for vaccine.)

Good.When is ur Interview?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 9:36pm On Mar 26, 2013
ferdimako:

Good.When is ur Interview?

I have done mine. Planing to depart.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idriez: 9:57pm On Mar 26, 2013
ifeanyi.abdul:

I am heading for the State of Virginia! Anybody in the house heading that way? How long to get green card and SSN over there? Please, those in Virginia or those who know, kindly respond.
Heading there too but dont have those infos o... will appreciate if someone who has crossed that bridge can furnish us with desired info
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Godhelpmeooo(m): 10:05pm On Mar 26, 2013
house,pls help me oo,how can i get to new jersey from new york,and how many hours is it goin to take me from NJ to NY,or can i get straight flight frm LAG to NJ.pls house help me cos i want to go and book my ticket.thanks.GLORY!!!!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idriez: 10:44pm On Mar 26, 2013
Godhelpmeooo: house,pls help me oo,how can i get to new jersey from new york,and how many hours is it goin to take me from NJ to NY,or can i get straight flight frm LAG to NJ.pls house help me cos i want to go and book my ticket.thanks.GLORY!!!!!!
NJ is 40mins to 1hr by road from NY, its a neighbouring state to NY.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by papatee2: 11:08pm On Mar 26, 2013
ifeanyi.abdul:

Thanks Papatee2, may God show you favour in your endeavours too...
Amen. so which state are u coming to?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 11:12pm On Mar 26, 2013
Godhelpmeooo: house,pls help me oo,how can i get to new jersey from new york,and how many hours is it goin to take me from NJ to NY,or can i get straight flight frm LAG to NJ.pls house help me cos i want to go and book my ticket.thanks.GLORY!!!!!!
Godhelpmeoooo i read ur post and i had to ask Ifeanyi Ihuoma that is in NJ and he gave me this discreption it goes thus ........actually for a first timer he has to pick a taxi outside the airport , show the taxi driver your address they have GPR ROAD FINDERS IN THEIR CAR. OR WHEN YOU GET TO NEWYPRK , ASK THEY WORKER PUTTING ON RED THAT YOU WANT TO ENTERA TRAIN SHUTTLE GOING TO NEWWARK. WHEN THEY STOP HIM IN NEW WARK HE WILL PICK A TAXI FROM NEWWARK TO THE HOUSE OF HIS HOST
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 11:19pm On Mar 26, 2013
pstadabi: Olorun mi mo dupe. My E-family make some noiseeeeee. My visa has been granted. Today is tough the three windows except window 14 is considerable. I can't shout. Gist later. I still dey dance kukere and azonto nw even I don dance near water na pple push me back. Lolssss.
i was actually monotoring you. bless u bro. congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 11:34pm On Mar 26, 2013
ManTiger: Congrats to everyone who has gotten their Visa approved!
I've been so so busy this days, i hope i've not really missed asuch.
Stay blessed my brother, besides where is my rooodboy and my main man Mr. Ferdimako?
Best Regards to all of u!
i miss u online
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ifeanyiabdul: 12:01am On Mar 27, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Thanks for the compliment Ify, to have you guys around here is my primary objective and I thank God that success rate is very high on this forum.Presently I have 10 Nairalander on Fb and I had phone conversation with some too.If you dont mind kindly send me your e- mail and I will send my Fb Id to you.just add @ymail.com to my id on nl.

Sir Adesoji, thanks for obliging. God bless you!! I will send you a mail later. Doing some running around now; I will be on and off for a while, please. To all migrated winners, those making travel plans, and those awaiting interview between now till September 30th 2013; kindly send Adesoji an email on the above address stating ur fb contact, us address, name and phone no for compilation. Countdown to Live Christmas Re-union, begins!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ifeanyiabdul: 12:09am On Mar 27, 2013
ogba1:

CONGRATS and welcome to US OF AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Thanks my brother! By His grace we'll see live come December at the most!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ifeanyiabdul: 12:17am On Mar 27, 2013
idriez:
Heading there too but dont have those infos o... will appreciate if someone who has crossed that bridge can furnish us with desired info
my first would be neigbor! Sorry, are you in US already?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ifeanyiabdul: 12:22am On Mar 27, 2013
Congratulations to all those who had a successful interview this week, and success to all those preparing for interview today and beyond.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 12:34am On Mar 27, 2013
jidex001:
Bro, I am also going to maryland. Can I have ur mail pls.
dats cool bro...my mail is allicyberwizard@yahoo.co.uk
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idriez: 12:42am On Mar 27, 2013
ifeanyi.abdul:

my first would be neigbor! Sorry, are you in US already?
Not yet.... still have some things to sort out, looking at moving around June or thereabout
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 12:43am On Mar 27, 2013
ifeanyi.abdul:
Good day House,
To God be the Glory! Interview appointment was 10am today and it was successful; After going through all security checks and making necessary payments, we were called at window 20 to submit only 1 passport photograph, 1 photocopy and original of only birth certificates for 5 of us and marriage certificate. The guy at window 20 never even demanded for our academic credentials, and we wondered why?
We waited until our ticket number beeped!
CO: Good afternoon
US: Good afternoon
CO: How are you?
US: We are fine thank you, and you? He replied: very good
CO: Please do your thumb prints on the machine - we both did that
CO: Please raise your right hands and promise to .....
CO: To my wife, you are the principal applicant..... my wife answered yes
US: We remained standing with the kids for the interview. I was not asked to go and sit down with the kids

INTERVIEW PROPER
CO: What's is your highest educational qualification
My wife: Answered
CO: Do you have any document for this
My wife: She presents Original and 1 photocopy
CO: Do you have WAEC?
My wife: Yes, and presents her Original WAEC and 1 photocopy
CO: Everything is good, pulls out white paper and hands over to us!

To all members of this great forum, we remain eternally grateful. God bless you in your dreams!

Note: We had 2 birth certificates; the NPC, and the normal birth certificate for myself and my wife. The man at windows 20 looked at both, but choose the NPC. He remarked : your NPC certificate is a certified one (authenticated), and I said yes.
We prepared so hard; asked ourselves questions and even carried 2 big albums for courtship, introduction and wedding, but CO never asked us to present any album and only asked us 2 questions during the interview proper as highlighted above. We can clearly see God's favor and hands in our interview.
GENERAL ADVICE TO ALL: Please, let's not forget our God when we get to the U.S. When things are rosy, let's learn to hold on to God at such times more than when we encounter problems.
Congrats my brother welcome on board
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 12:45am On Mar 27, 2013
Rolling_138: Apologies for the late post, I didn’t take my laptop along to Lagos and just returned to my base.
We had our interview on Thursday 21 March and God granted us success. We got to the embassy around 6:20am and we didn’t wait for long when a man came out and asked us to cue for 6:30 non-immigrant and 7:00 Immigrant visa interview appointments. Got through all the rigorous security checks and finally entered the interview hall, paid the visa fees for our family of three, and submitted our documents at window 16. It didn’t take so long when the CO’s started showing up and the interview started. We were the second to be interviewed by the CO at window 15. He spent up to 25 minutes looking through our documents before our number flashed on the display for us to approach the counter.
My wife is the principal applicant and the interview went as follows;
CO: Goodmorning
We: Goodmoring
CO: Asks us to raise our right hand and does the oath thing; Do you swear to say the truth today and nothing but the truth
We: Yes we do
CO: Takes our fingerprints and asks me to go sit down with our baby while he chats with my wife
Me: okay, I went and sat down carrying our baby who had fallen asleep after a lot of play.
CO: Why is your husband’s passport full of stamps?
Wife: He was studying in the UK and had to come home every break ‘cos of his work
CO: What was he studying there ?
Wife: Mechanical Engineering
CO: I can see your baby was born in the UK, tell me about him
Wife: Told him baby’s DOB and few things
CO: What is your highest level of education
Wife: B.Ed degree
CO: Tell me about your course
Wife: Explains her course to the CO
CO: Have you ever taught before?
Wife: Only during my teaching practice, I taught Bleep Bleep Bleep
CO: When did you meet your husband?
Wife: Bleep Bleep Bleep
CO: Where did you meet your husband
Wife: Bleep town
CO: were you schooling in Bleep town?
Wife: I schooled in YYY town but met my husband in Bleep town, the distance is not that far, moreover our family house is in Bleep town.
CO: When did you travel to the UK?
Wife: DDMMYYYY
CO: Did you travel together with your husband?
Wife: No, he had to leave before me for his studies because my visa was not ready then.
CO: When did you come back to Nigeria
Wife: I can’t remember the exact date but it was Bleep month
CO: Opens wife’s passport and checks to confirm the date she was stamped back into Nigeria.
CO: Did you do your child naming?
Wife: Yes, we did
CO: Did any of your family member come over for the naming / dedication?
Wife: No, it was just friends and church members
CO: Can I see the pics
Wife: Sure; flips album to show him pics and talks about some people in the pictures.
CO: Can you please go and sit down and call me your husband.
Wife: Calls me and collects our baby from me.
CO: You studied Mechanical Engineering in the UK, what year did you start?
Me: I started in 2009
CO: Have you ever applied for a US visa before?
Me: Yes, I have.
CO: at that time what were you doing?
Me: I was working with company A
CO: so what happened, you left company A for B?
Me: No, I am still working for the same company; I’ve been with them for a long time now.
CO: Can I see your work Identity Card?
Me: I brought out my work Id. Card alongside a letter of introduction from my company and gave it to him. He collected both items and read through.
CO: oh that’s true; it’s like company A & B merged or something
Me: Yes, the companies merged.
CO: so was it the company that paid for your degree in the UK?
Me: No, I paid for my studies myself.
CO: Your mechanical engineering was it General Mechanical engineering or was it specifically related to the oil &gas industry
Me: it was general mechanical engineering.
CO: When did you get married?
Me: 2010, did the church wedding on December XX, 2010.
CO: Can you tell me where you met your wife?
Me: I met my wife in a supermarket in Bleep town.
CO: one moment please. He left and went to pick some documents
Me: okay
CO: comes back with 2 sheets of paper and hides them under his counter.
CO: I will ask you one last thing
Me: okay
CO: This gentleman you’ve added here; (he points to a sheet of paper we submitted to update our hosts address) do you know him personally, have you met him before?
Me: Yes, he’s a very close friend, I opened the album to show him pictures with our host, but he stops me. (I guess he realized he had spent so much time with us; about 30 mins)
CO: oh don’t bother.
CO: Throughout this whole process, has he or anybody else asked you to pay money for anything ?
Me: No, not at all.
CO: Please call your wife to come
Me: I called my wife and she came to stand with me at the window carrying our baby.
CO: I am satisfied. I will give you a visa today. He picks the two sheets of paper he had hidden under the counter and circles an address for us to pick up the visa on one, then started explaining the proxy pick up process and the $165 payment on the other sheet of paper.
We: Thank you very much, God Bless you and God Bless America. We hurriedly packed our things and left before he remembers more questions to ask us.

Guys, na so the thing be o !, the guy ask us questions so tay we tire.
We thank God immensely for granting us Divine favour.
I also wish to use this opportunity to greatly appreciate my lovely wife for the way and manner she answered the barrage of questions that the CO fired at her. (I have been playing the DV lottery every year since 2000 and never won, we got married and just played once, then she won.)

Congrats my brother welcome to AMERICA
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 12:46am On Mar 27, 2013
Remmy488 pls how is the flight u booked to maryland??...is it frm lagos to BWI airport or frm lagos to JFK..please I need to hear from you as I am about to book my flight too....thanks God bless
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 12:48am On Mar 27, 2013
junkerhill: 3 copies of passport photograph
NPC birth certificate
WAEC or NECO certificate.

@ peace1166: don't 4get ur testiimonial.

@ Mantiger: I'm here prayin and fastin Cuz 2NL & intview 2 come successful IJN (Amen) stay bless man.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 1:01am On Mar 27, 2013
loveshowgirl1: Hello housen I want to thank you all for your prayers for it worked for me and I am very much grateful to God and you all.
I got to the embassy, at about 5:10am and waited till they called in 6.30 non-immigrant and 7.00am immigrant visas and did the normal process of document submission and got in to pay my visa fee and then I sat waiting on my number to be called.
To be honest I cannot remember the window I was called to after a couple of hours but behold it was this cute and nice gentleman that the lord sent and he started with the interview.
CO: Are you Ata......
ME: I mmediately completed my name for him and he smiled.
CO: Please sign your DSP form, did the oath taking and finger print stuff...
ME: Did all required.
CO: what's your highest qualification?
ME: BA ........
CO: What year did you finish?
ME: Told him the exact year while he was going thru as I answered each question.
CO: What have you been doing Since you graduated?
ME: Told him, couldn't get a job so I worked with my mum and eventually opened a boutique, made him understand I wore pretty much what I sell so he smiled.
CO: Have you served the NYSC?
ME: Yes I have and told him what year.
CO: What was your primary assignment about?
ME: Told him was secretary to the local government between my year of service and my duties and he smiled as usual.
CO: I will give you ur visas, brings out 2 forms circles one part for visa collection and the other for USCIS payment.
ME: Thank you.
It was not what I prepared for but what I expected and prayed for. So guys I wanna say a big thank you to you all @Spoondar, Nero XP, Gny Kelly, Remyjay, Femo, Psatadi, Remmy, Doctor, Gentiger, and all of una, really una too many to name, abeg make una nor vex but those I didn't name don't be offended I remember you all and love u guys. My interview was easy and I wish same you u all.Thanks and am still here for u all.
America here we come.
Hugggggs to u all.
Congratulations welcome to the club
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 1:31am On Mar 27, 2013
congratulations to u ifeanyi.abdul nd odas who had successful interviews,dats our great GOD @ work,nd may HIS name be glorified,Amen...am very happy for de progress of dis forum
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by petersife: 2:07am On Mar 27, 2013
[HI EVERY BODY I HAVE BEEN ABSENT FROM THE HOUSE, PLEASE I BEG FOR FORGIVENESS, WE ARE TRYING TO GET USE TO THE LIFE STYLE , AND THE HARSH WEATHER CONDITION IN AMERICA , WELCOMING ALL THOSE THAT SCALED THROUGH THEIR INTERVIEW, AND ARE HERE IN THE STATES, THOSE WAITING FOR THEIR INTERVIEW AND SECOND NOTIFICATION LETTER WE PRAY THAT THEY LAST DAY OF SEPTEMBER WILL NOT PASS YOU ALL. IFEANYI ABDUL WHERE WILL THE CHRISTMAN BASH BE TAKE PLACE. PLS NOTE THAT IT SHOULD BE STRICTLY FOR NIGERIANS AND NAIRALANDERS ONLY, BECAUSE THIS PLACE CALLED AMERICA IS VERY ROUGH, WE HEAR OF KILLINGS EVERYDAY AND CRIMES, SO ORGANISERS TAKE NOTE.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by owobabaisabella: 3:07am On Mar 27, 2013
[b][/b][color=#000000][/color]House, today is HRM Spoondar's birthday. Wishing her llnp IJN, amen. Do have a great birthday. My gift for u is ur green card, grin grin
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by agbaawo: 3:30am On Mar 27, 2013
I give glory to God Almighty me and wife was granted visa yesterday. Thanks to you all for ur prayers and informations. Also I use this medium to pray for those that haven't done their interview God of heaven will see them through.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 3:51am On Mar 27, 2013
ifeanyi.abdul:
Good day House,
To God be the Glory! Interview appointment was 10am today and it was successful; After going through all security checks and making necessary payments, we were called at window 20 to submit only 1 passport photograph, 1 photocopy and original of only birth certificates for 5 of us and marriage certificate. The guy at window 20 never even demanded for our academic credentials, and we wondered why?
We waited until our ticket number beeped!
CO: Good afternoon
US: Good afternoon
CO: How are you?
US: We are fine thank you, and you? He replied: very good
CO: Please do your thumb prints on the machine - we both did that
CO: Please raise your right hands and promise to .....
CO: To my wife, you are the principal applicant..... my wife answered yes
US: We remained standing with the kids for the interview. I was not asked to go and sit down with the kids

INTERVIEW PROPER
CO: What's is your highest educational qualification
My wife: Answered
CO: Do you have any document for this
My wife: She presents Original and 1 photocopy
CO: Do you have WAEC?
My wife: Yes, and presents her Original WAEC and 1 photocopy
CO: Everything is good, pulls out white paper and hands over to us!

To all members of this great forum, we remain eternally grateful. God bless you in your dreams!

Note: We had 2 birth certificates; the NPC, and the normal birth certificate for myself and my wife. The man at windows 20 looked at both, but choose the NPC. He remarked : your NPC certificate is a certified one (authenticated), and I said yes.
We prepared so hard; asked ourselves questions and even carried 2 big albums for courtship, introduction and wedding, but CO never asked us to present any album and only asked us 2 questions during the interview proper as highlighted above. We can clearly see God's favor and hands in our interview.
GENERAL ADVICE TO ALL: Please, let's not forget our God when we get to the U.S. When things are rosy, let's learn to hold on to God at such times more than when we encounter problems.
Congratulations Ifeanyi

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by agbaawo: 4:02am On Mar 27, 2013
Congratulation ifeanyi I saw you today with your family at the embassy me and you are among the joyful winner today.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by zerzer: 5:56am On Mar 27, 2013
monsieursam64: first step taken prior to ur visa collection...
I wish d best bro!
Meanwhile, where u still able to meet d woman b4 u left for lagos?
thks bro, but i was not able to meet with her
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:19am On Mar 27, 2013
missannie:
@ jidex001, thnk u so much. But I was told by d CO to pick-up my VISA today @ GSS, but when I got there they told me dat it's not ready How can I track it? Pls help

Check the day of the week given to you and repeat the visit next week of the same specified day.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:20am On Mar 27, 2013
mohamed shire: hi every body in the house, it is now 36 days from the time i have been putted on further administrative process by US embassy in Nairobi, and the yellow form that they have given me says wait 90 days, and i have heard that the waiting time for further administrative processing is 60 days, what do you think is wrong or they wrote 90 days in my form is mistake.
and the other thing i want to ask is CO wrote my name wrongly in that form and wrote my case number as 2012 instead of 2013, so will that have any effect in my case, i just saw that when i went to my home.

please write me soon

your are highly expected

Please follow their instructions. Just WAIT and quit fretting.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Polish Student Visa / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.