Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,850 members, 7,922,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 05:10 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (621) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (937052 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:23am On Mar 27, 2013
mohamed shire:

i am not restless my friend but what i am worrying is that yellow form that they given to has some mistakes especially they interchanged my name and they wrote 2012 as the beginning of my case number instead of 2013, so i am worrying that this mistakes have an effect to my case, or are you saying it will not have any problem.

the other thing is it is 90 days for administrative process to complete or it is just only my form.

please write me if you know thank you so much.

It's for a reason those errors where made. Don't write them, don't complain, just WAIT.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:24am On Mar 27, 2013
mohamed shire:
BUT MY FRIEND IT SAYS THAT MY CASE NUMBER IS INVALID WHAT DOES THAT MEAN

Ignore the error....WAIT!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:30am On Mar 27, 2013
ifeanyi.abdul:

The very resilient Tiger himself! Agu na eche mba 1! Ochili ozuo!! Ebube dike!!!
Our people always say that a chick that will grow into a cock can be spotted the very day it hatches. A wise man who knows proverbs, reconciles difficulties and of course if a child washes his hands he could eat with kings!
Don't worry, anam abia! nwanne di na mba! Ya gozie gi, iseeeee!!

The glory, honour and praise belongs to God alone. Welcome to America. I regret my infrequency to the house. My temporal job keeps me engaged most times.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:31am On Mar 27, 2013
pstadabi: Olorun mi mo dupe. My E-family make some noiseeeeee. My visa has been granted. Today is tough the three windows except window 14 is considerable. I can't shout. Gist later. I still dey dance kukere and azonto nw even I don dance near water na pple push me back. Lolssss.

Congratulations. Welcome to America.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:42am On Mar 27, 2013
ifeanyi.abdul:

Sir Adesoji, thanks for obliging. God bless you!! I will send you a mail later. Doing some running around now; I will be on and off for a while, please. To all migrated winners, those making travel plans, and those awaiting interview between now till September 30th 2013; kindly send Adesoji an email on the above address stating ur fb contact, us address, name and phone no for compilation. Countdown to Live Christmas Re-union, begins!!!

In the spirit of brotherhood, I reached out to Adesoji and Temmy here in the US, but it appears they took to heart the casual wranglings that occur here. There can't be get together or reunion when some folks appear grieved or resentful.

3 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by zerzer: 8:24am On Mar 27, 2013
pls hse i need help ooo for does of your who are not in lagos but came to alagbon for police character certificate,on de certificate were de wrote issued in?pls was it lagos de wrote or your state were u stay,and was de date issued was it different from de date on stamb
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 8:40am On Mar 27, 2013
Minimum wage of some states in the U.S
NOTE; FEDERAL MINIMUM WAGE IS $7.25
Pennsylvania-$7.25
Tenessee- no minimum wage
Texas- $7.25
Washington-$9.19
California- $8.00
Connecticut- $8.25
Florida- $7.79
Georgia- $5.15(dis wan too small sha for a state like georgia)
Indiana- $7.25
Maryland- $7.25
Massachusetts- $8.00
Kentucky- $7.25
Mississipi- no minimum wage
New york- $7.25(dis wan small sha for a state like new york)
New jersey- $7.25
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 8:50am On Mar 27, 2013
zerzer :
pls hse i need help ooo for does of your who are not in lagos but came to alagbon for police character certificate,on de certificate were de wrote issued in?pls was it lagos de wrote or your state were u stay,and was de date issued was it different from de date on stamb
it should be 'issued in lagos', though im yet to do mine cos Alagbon is in Lagos.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 9:25am On Mar 27, 2013
Gentiger:

The glory, honour and praise belongs to God alone. Welcome to America. I regret my infrequency to the house. My temporal job keeps me engaged most times.
that's what we are praying for. In as much as I'm happy for you for the new job. I must tell you we miss u on this thread.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Phumbay: 9:36am On Mar 27, 2013
Gud morng ma ppl in d house pls frm oshodi hw do I get to GSS visa collection centre, pls am on my way rite nw urgent reply ll b appreciated,I dnt no wot vehicle 2 tak 2 lekki_epe expressway.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by doctorp76(m): 10:20am On Mar 27, 2013
@Phumbay:
Gud morng ma ppl in d house pls frm oshodi hw do I get to GSS visa collection centre, pls am on my way rite nw urgent reply ll b appreciated,I dnt no wot vehicle 2 take 2 lekki_epe expressway.
board a bus going to ajah then tell the conductor that u are dropping at marawa bus stop, then cross to the other-side and enter the street then turn to your left the first building to your left is the building.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 10:28am On Mar 27, 2013
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SPOONDAR
Wish you long life and prosperity.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pstadabi: 10:30am On Mar 27, 2013
agbaawo: I give glory to God Almighty me and wife was granted visa yesterday. Thanks to you all for ur prayers and informations. Also I use this medium to pray for those that haven't done their interview God of heaven will see them through.
congrat. I was at the embassy too yesterday and my visa was granted too. What kind of cloth did u put on and which of d window. Like mine I put on white shirt with brown chinos and I was attended at window 14. Or ar you d one dat come frm ibadan?

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 10:48am On Mar 27, 2013
junkerhill: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SPOONDAR
Wish you long life and prosperity.
OMG grin this is nice of you dear. Thanks for your good wishes
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Phumbay: 11:03am On Mar 27, 2013
doctorp76:
board a bus going to ajah then tell the conductor that u are dropping at marawa bus stop, then cross to the other-side and enter the street then turn to your left the first building to your left is the building.
Tanx n God bless u.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by doctorp76(m): 11:18am On Mar 27, 2013
@Phumbay:
Tanx n God bless u.
Amen and u too.. so when are u traveling!!!!!!!! i have collected mine yesterday morning
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 11:27am On Mar 27, 2013
ifeanyi.abdul:
Good day House,
To God be the Glory! Interview appointment was 10am today and it was successful; After going through all security checks and making necessary payments, we were called at window 20 to submit only 1 passport photograph, 1 photocopy and original of only birth certificates for 5 of us and marriage certificate. The guy at window 20 never even demanded for our academic credentials, and we wondered why?
We waited until our ticket number beeped!
CO: Good afternoon
US: Good afternoon
CO: How are you?
US: We are fine thank you, and you? He replied: very good
CO: Please do your thumb prints on the machine - we both did that
CO: Please raise your right hands and promise to .....
CO: To my wife, you are the principal applicant..... my wife answered yes
US: We remained standing with the kids for the interview. I was not asked to go and sit down with the kids

INTERVIEW PROPER
CO: What's is your highest educational qualification
My wife: Answered
CO: Do you have any document for this
My wife: She presents Original and 1 photocopy
CO: Do you have WAEC?
My wife: Yes, and presents her Original WAEC and 1 photocopy
CO: Everything is good, pulls out white paper and hands over to us!

To all members of this great forum, we remain eternally grateful. God bless you in your dreams!

Note: We had 2 birth certificates; the NPC, and the normal birth certificate for myself and my wife. The man at windows 20 looked at both, but choose the NPC. He remarked : your NPC certificate is a certified one (authenticated), and I said yes.
We prepared so hard; asked ourselves questions and even carried 2 big albums for courtship, introduction and wedding, but CO never asked us to present any album and only asked us 2 questions during the interview proper as highlighted above. We can clearly see God's favor and hands in our interview.
GENERAL ADVICE TO ALL: Please, let's not forget our God when we get to the U.S. When things are rosy, let's learn to hold on to God at such times more than when we encounter problems.
Thanks my guy. This is truly God's favour. I tap into this favour o. Best wishes as u travel with your family and thanks for the info on the police guy you supplied ealier on.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ManTiger(m): 11:50am On Mar 27, 2013
ferdimako:

I dey ooo.Na May1 we dey wait oh.
My brother, i see you testifying here, your response, advice and suggestion has been of great importance to this forum.
@Genlion: My job has been holding me nack from been online, can't wait to leave o.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 11:58am On Mar 27, 2013
ManTiger:
My brother, i see you testifying here, your response, advice and suggestion has been of great importance to this forum.
@Genlion: My job has been holding me nack from been online, can't wait to leave o.
don't worry bro. Very soon u will testify lik others.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ManTiger(m): 12:42pm On Mar 27, 2013
junkerhill: don't worry bro. Very soon u will testify lik others.
I say a Big Amen, so shall it be for you too.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by auschris: 12:57pm On Mar 27, 2013
pstadabi: congrat. I was at the embassy too yesterday and my visa was granted too. What kind of cloth did u put on and which of d window. Like mine I put on white shirt with brown chinos and I was attended at window 14. Or ar you d one dat come frm ibadan?
Still waiting for your testimony, bro.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by auschris: 12:58pm On Mar 27, 2013
House, pls where is sunday45? Any news about the outcome of his interview yesterday
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Remmy488(m): 1:19pm On Mar 27, 2013
it was to Washimgton Dulles International Airport and from there My host will come to pick me it is about an hour journey to Baltimore, i couldn't get a direct flight to BWI

tovalli: Remmy488 pls how is the flight u booked to maryland??...is it frm lagos to BWI airport or frm lagos to JFK..please I need to hear from you as I am about to book my flight too....thanks God bless
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 27, 2013
auschris: House, pls where is sunday45? Any news about the outcome of his interview yesterday

That guy was so not prepared...I hope it is not what we fear oh.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by agbaawo: 1:25pm On Mar 27, 2013
Housemates pls anyone with the info on nigeria to chicago and the process of green card and SSN
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by donlop: 1:32pm On Mar 27, 2013
plz nairalanderz u guys should pray 4 me cous i playd 4 2014 i just want 2 cm hear an testify
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 1:39pm On Mar 27, 2013
junkerhill: I know most times our curiosity will like to surface in everything that we are doing. It won't let us be till it is satisfied. There is nothing wrong in knowing how long it takes to get GC and SSN. But I still believe knowing it now won't change anything because you can't apply for it here. Your host will answer all your questions the instant you get to his house. Wish you luck as you transcend to a greater height.
I dont see anything wrong in wanting to know before you travel. It is called planning ahead!People seek to know such information for several reasons:

1.U may just want to report to America for now and come back to Naija before finally resigning from your place of work (within 6months),
2.Some also need this information if they already have a job offer before travelling(like Gentiger)

3.Some need to strategise vis a vis the money they are taking with them to know how soon they can start working so as not to be a burden to their hosts

4. Some hosts may not even be as informed as some of us here (e.g Temmytammy, adesojiaderemi etc) especially when u think of the fact that some of these processes have been reviewed recently e.g GC use to come out in 6months some years back.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by auschris: 1:40pm On Mar 27, 2013
ferdimako:

That guy was so not prepared...I hope it is not what we fear oh.
I hope so too. I pray (in retrospect) that his interview went well
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:40pm On Mar 27, 2013
Gentiger:

In the spirit of brotherhood, I reached out to Adesoji and Temmy here in the US, but it appears they took to heart the casual wranglings that occur here. There can't be get together or reunion when some folks appear grieved or resentful.

what else do you want me to do brother Mike, you asked of my phone number and I said let me have yours that I will call you,you directed me to your profile for your e mail and I said you already have mine cause you once send me mail sometimes ago.I also took time to send you a mail that very night you never reply.Please I am not here to fight or form a caucus,thank God you are now here to see how "easy" it is to always come online to answer questions only to be insulted at the end of the day.

4 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:54pm On Mar 27, 2013
donlop: plz nairalanderz u guys should pray 4 me cous i playd 4 2014 i just want 2 cm hear an testify

You will come and testify in Jesus name, your name will be among the selected and your visa will be approve in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gbusta(m): 2:04pm On Mar 27, 2013
Alhamdulilai thru with my medicals. was scared about the cost when i was told the price but believe me at the end mine was pretty much cheaper coz the wholeme dicals cost me N20,500.... now i'm gud to go, see and conquer at the embassy on my interview day. and so shall it be Insha ALLAH....AMIN
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by auschris: 2:12pm On Mar 27, 2013
g-busta:
Alhamdulilai thru with my medicals. was scared about the cost when i was told the price but believe me at the end mine was pretty much cheaper coz the wholeme dicals cost me N20,500.... now i'm gud to go, see and conquer at the embassy on my interview day. and so shall it be Insha ALLAH....AMIN
Congrats. go and conquer the CO

(1) (2) (3) ... (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.