Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,177 members, 7,890,948 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 03:13 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (862) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (931707 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (859) (860) (861) (862) (863) (864) (865) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by babaajala: 6:29pm On Oct 19, 2013
Register and get paid for online jobs. follow the link http:///paying-link/?id=akporoghene
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jtchamp(m): 7:45pm On Oct 19, 2013
@roodboy n just god: my original waec n birth cert are lost. but i have the photocopies with me.
also i have 5 credit passes but my english is E8, n chemistry F9.
is that appropriate? house please!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jtchamp(m): 7:48pm On Oct 19, 2013
@thuyahky howdy!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jtchamp(m): 7:49pm On Oct 19, 2013
@ik.swiss howdy!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 19, 2013
Am good bro
jtchamp: @ik.swiss howdy!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jtchamp(m): 7:57pm On Oct 19, 2013
ik.swiss u got any advice or info to my post?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Fortsucc(f): 8:47pm On Oct 19, 2013
Good evening forumites,pls i want to know which one is preferrable, i want to buy a phone so someone said i should buy it over there that is cheaper than Naija's phone,pls i need your advice urgently,thanks.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Zillionnaire: 9:34pm On Oct 19, 2013
Hello guys,pls I nd a little help.I'm going to des moines Iowa and I wnt to get to jfk new york first so I wnt to knw if it will b cheaper to book a local flight online frm here or I can stil get a cheap flight frm jfk wit my cash in hand.pls reply asap.tnks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 3:47am On Oct 20, 2013
jtchamp: i'm a DV 2014 winner and i have issues that i need help folks

i misplaced my originals of waec, b.cert n LGA while i was in schl
but i got my degree cert and nysc cert.

in my waec i got 5 credits passes excluding Eng. E8, chem. F9.

and i got admitted into the university through remedial programme of the university. will this be acceptable at my interview?

will the photocopies of waec n B.cert be accepted at my interview?
please i need ur help and advice folks
thanking you and cheers

Go with ya degree cert, nysc cert and the waec photocopy with scratch card. Get a birth attestation from NPC.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 3:53am On Oct 20, 2013
Fortsucc: Good evening forumites,pls i want to know which one is preferrable, i want to buy a phone so someone said i should buy it over there that is cheaper than Naija's phone,pls i need your advice urgently,thanks.
Its depend on the kind of phone you wanna buy. You can bring the fone u re using in Nigeria if its unlocked and still good.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 3:58am On Oct 20, 2013
Zillionnaire: Hello guys,pls I nd a little help.I'm going to des moines Iowa and I wnt to get to jfk new york first so I wnt to knw if it will b cheaper to book a local flight online frm here or I can stil get a cheap flight frm jfk wit my cash in hand.pls reply asap.tnks
Its better you search local flight online and book it down before getting to NY. Getting to JFK before getting a ticket Iowa will be more expensive.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chio: 4:12am On Oct 20, 2013
Hello Forumites
My advice to those that Change their address @ de port of Entry to a new address and is expecting to get their Green Card at the new address
make sure u call them also.
Changing ur address @de port of entry alone may not work.A friend of mine that came earlier to changed is addy @port of entry and the GC was still sent to the Old addy.This also happened to me so pls take note.
Have a nice day.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lhasky007: 4:31am On Oct 20, 2013
chio: Hello Forumites
My advice to those that Change their address @ de port of Entry to a new address and is expecting to get their Green Card at the new address
make sure u call them also.
Changing ur address @de port of entry alone may not work.A friend of mine that came earlier to changed is addy @port of entry and the GC was still sent to the Old addy.This also happened to me so pls take note.
Have a nice day.

pls assist wt d number to call dem on. so i should confirm d address change has been effected. i changed at POE n yet to recieve GC. awaitn ur response tks.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Fortsucc(f): 7:51am On Oct 20, 2013
Yusmash00: Its depend on the kind of phone you wanna buy. You can bring the fone u re using in Nigeria if its unlocked and still good.
thank you,i want to buy a bb phone.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Thomby2k12(m): 9:48am On Oct 20, 2013
My dear brothers and sister, please my brother has been issued his DV-2013 visa, and we need to make payment for the green card fee ($165), I have a GTBank Account and I have activated the account for online transactions, how can I use the Mastercard to make the payment?
2. The address we filled as where we wanted his green card to be sent is no longer his destination, is it possible to chnage the address at the port of entry?
3. I have trying to conduct a seacrch for cheap airfare online. If I make the booking online, how can i make the payment?

looking forward to your answers to these questions. Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
Pls house, I want to know if someone cant be current before dv 2014 ends as a result of high case number??
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by DemolaNg(m): 5:48pm On Oct 20, 2013
I am here to give some useful information to people who av already got their Visa and planning to travel and those just filling their form which is meant for Kenturky. Without repeating what I av noticed other people hav mentioned, please:
1. On ur form, when you get to the section asking if you want SSN to be allocated before your arrival, pls indicate NO. From my encounter, If you fill it YES, it will officially take at least 3wks to get the Sola Sola but if you say NO and on entering the US, u quickly go to the social security office direct to apply with the entry stamped passport and ur birth certificate, it will take them 1 to 2 wks at worst. Because of the delay time involve for the immigration office to send ur application to Social Security office.
2. The US Federal Govt Shutdown affected the social Security office, so if u ar travelling in Jan to around Feb, make sure u bring enough savings to spend in case they shutdown again. If they do, sola sola will not be available for you to get a job until shutdiwn is called off.
3. As regard people u live with, it depend on individual, in my case, i went with as a christian family of four, and a single muslim brother ( who I met once in an attended event in Nigeria) offer to accommodate us with whole heart. Even wen the shutdown affected me, he lend me some money to support (because he saw that i neva wait for him to tell me before i buy things into his house to supplement cos of our presence, even a bed because of my family number), i never bought fuel into his car and he takes us to wherever we want to go and even to church on Sundays( so far with work with his work n class schedule), despite he is a muslim. Just make sure u ar closed to ur God n get someone of good heart and who has stay US enough to hav understand how to survive here till u balance n be of good character. Also be submissive irrespective of ur age and wateva u were in Nigeria
4. Beware some Nigerian here kno the cost of nanny or labour is expensive, so they may chose not to show u the way, so that u will be helping them at home to do domestics or use you for their businesses at a cheap price. Insist on getting at least the minimum obtainable in the related labor sector or find your way up by looking for job on ur own or seeking help elsewhere, wakeup before using u upto 1yr without counting dollars.
5. Read a lot related to new immigration on USCIS site before your arrival so that you will be equipped more and limit ur reliance on what people tell you
5.Finally, for career chosing ones, Evaluate you WAEC, Degree and job throgh the US online evalution companied like WES, etc or at least get a copy of you WAEC/NECO certificat and Degree transcripts before your arrival to make things work fast.

I wish compliance will help someone, and if u hav any question relating to settling down faster,to my own knowledge/situation, I came in here with my family of four and i can tell you, only by putting God before ur steps u can survive. Once u survive,it would be In God We Trust all the way. Be free to ask for clarification

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by DemolaNg(m): 6:09pm On Oct 20, 2013
Thomby2k12: My dear brothers and sister, please my brother has been issued his DV-2013 visa, and we need to make payment for the green card fee ($165), I have a GTBank Account and I have activated the account for online transactions, how can I use the Mastercard to make the payment?
2. The address we filled as where we wanted his green card to be sent is no longer his destination, is it possible to chnage the address at the port of entry?
3. I have trying to conduct a seacrch for cheap airfare online. If I make the booking online, how can i make the payment?

looking forward to your answers to these questions. Thanks

Wat is needed are the number on the card and the expiry date. But why cant u open a dom account with the same GTB and get Dollar Visa/mastercard, so that in case there is crediting e-error u can resolve it fast. However, be ready to print out the response as evidence in case of wrong debit and as evidence. I paid for mine with that and ther was no issue. the money got to them. To be on a save side, b4 leaving nigeria, I applied for a GTB bank statement of my card account to show where it was debited without credit, stamped and dated by GTB
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by AnthonyLofty(m): 7:45pm On Oct 20, 2013
Pls those that had their baby after 2nl arrived,how many days was the baby before you went for the baby medicals and how much did you pay.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 9:34pm On Oct 20, 2013
Fortsucc: thank you,i want to buy a bb phone.
If you re not in hurry to call your people in Nigeria, you can get a used BB on ebay or craiglist but it will take few days. Its better you get a used unlocked BB from Nigeria.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 9:40pm On Oct 20, 2013
Anthony Lofty: Pls those that had their baby after 2nl arrived,how many days was the baby before you went for the baby medicals and how much did you pay.
Write the US embassy and tell them about the new development. Get the baby a passport, do your medical two weeks before the interview. The baby visa's fee is the same with everybody. $330 grin
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Emma8043(m): 11:31pm On Oct 20, 2013
I miss place my confirmation number plz friends is there a way I I can get it back?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 3:21am On Oct 21, 2013
Emma8043: I miss place my confirmation number plz friends is there a way I I can get it back?
If you remember all the information you use to register including the email address and DOB. Click on forget confirmation number on the DV lottery site.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 6:55am On Oct 21, 2013
Yusmash00: Write the US embassy and tell them about the new development. Get the baby a passport, do your medical two weeks before the interview. The baby visa's fee is the same with everybody. $350 grin

My brother is $330.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 8:08am On Oct 21, 2013
tycoon77:

My brother is $330.
LOL.. Its a mistake. I have modify it.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Favourablegirl: 9:30am On Oct 21, 2013
DemolaNg: I am here to give some useful information to people who av already got their Visa and planning to travel and those just filling their form which is meant for Kenturky. Without repeating what I av noticed other people hav mentioned, please:
1. On ur form, when you get to the section asking if you want SSN to be allocated before your arrival, pls indicate NO. From my encounter, If you fill it YES, it will officially take at least 3wks to get the Sola Sola but if you say NO and on entering the US, u quickly go to the social security office direct to apply with the entry stamped passport and ur birth certificate, it will take them 1 to 2 wks at worst. Because of the delay time involve for the immigration office to send ur application to Social Security office.
2. The US Federal Govt Shutdown affected the social Security office, so if u ar travelling in Jan to around Feb, make sure u bring enough savings to spend in case they shutdown again. If they do, sola sola will not be available for you to get a job until shutdiwn is called off.
3. As regard people u live with, it depend on individual, in my case, i went with as a christian family of four, and a single muslim brother ( who I met once in an attended event in Nigeria) offer to accommodate us with whole heart. Even wen the shutdown affected me, he lend me some money to support (because he saw that i neva wait for him to tell me before i buy things into his house to supplement cos of our presence, even a bed because of my family number), i never bought fuel into his car and he takes us to wherever we want to go and even to church on Sundays( so far with work with his work n class schedule), despite he is a muslim. Just make sure u ar closed to ur God n get someone of good heart and who has stay US enough to hav understand how to survive here till u balance n be of good character. Also be submissive irrespective of ur age and wateva u were in Nigeria
4. Beware some Nigerian here kno the cost of nanny or labour is expensive, so they may chose not to show u the way, so that u will be helping them at home to do domestics or use you for their businesses at a cheap price. Insist on getting at least the minimum obtainable in the related labor sector or find your way up by looking for job on ur own or seeking help elsewhere, wakeup before using u upto 1yr without counting dollars.
5. Read a lot related to new immigration on USCIS site before your arrival so that you will be equipped more and limit ur reliance on what people tell you
5.Finally, for career chosing ones, Evaluate you WAEC, Degree and job throgh the US online evalution companied like WES, etc or at least get a copy of you WAEC/NECO certificat and Degree transcripts before your arrival to make things work fast.

I wish compliance will help someone, and if u hav any question relating to settling down faster,to my own knowledge/situation, I came in here with my family of four and i can tell you, only by putting God before ur steps u can survive. Once u survive,it would be In God We Trust all the way. Be free to ask for clarification

Thanks dear for these information, It is going to help My family and I we are a family of Five and will be traveling all together, as u said all we need is to have a host who has a good heart. I hope my host well accept us all at once because we had some medical problem which had to be solve before we travel.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chio: 10:11am On Oct 21, 2013
lhasky007:

pls assist wt d number to call dem on. so i should confirm d address change has been effected. i changed at POE n yet to recieve GC. awaitn ur response tks.

US Citizenship and Immigration services 1 800 375 5283
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 10:39am On Oct 21, 2013
Yusmash00: LOL.. Its a mistake. I have modify it.

I knw is a mistake Bros...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chiwuike20: 12:42pm On Oct 21, 2013
On d issue of 2nl, does d form have a actual size format in which it should be printed out? Coz my 1nl print-out was done in 2 copies, 1 containing d detail and 1 containing d bar code. Waiting 4 ur helpful reply

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 5:33pm On Oct 21, 2013
@G2Glory ~ I tried to email you back from my email but not going through. Yes, you will photocopy the police report including the fingerprint page.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by DemolaNg(m): 8:49pm On Oct 21, 2013
Favourablegirl:

Thanks dear for these information, It is going to help My family and I we are a family of Five and will be traveling all together, as u said all we need is to have a host who has a good heart. I hope my host well accept us all at once because we had some medical problem which had to be solve before we travel.

There is no situation too big for God. People were discouraging me looking at the cost of moving a family of four at once, but with God, I got here and God Has been kind, with honesty, it is better here in an organised system. If your host is nice, you too need to throw away pride and whateva u are in Nigeria behind you and be tolerance to manage the situation. I dont kno how old ur kids are, u need to control them, like I do on my own Tom n Jerry i came with.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tolubillion: 8:56pm On Oct 21, 2013
DemolaNg: I am here to give some useful information to people who av already got their Visa and planning to travel and those just filling their form which is meant for Kenturky. Without repeating what I av noticed other people hav mentioned, please:

i came in with family o 4 also but thank god my secondary school mate done great for me and my family. hey can we chat more am in dallas.my email is strongjames85@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (859) (860) (861) (862) (863) (864) (865) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Polish Student Visa / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.