Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,155 members, 7,890,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:46 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (859) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (931694 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) (861) (862) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tokzyfeller: 4:09am On Oct 09, 2013
Greetings forumite,after checking on may 1,wat date are we to check again may be we are among selectees in 2014 dvlottery....pls reply pls
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by YessWeeCan(m): 4:19am On Oct 09, 2013
faithman2020:

Nice pics,but the America I saw from Chicago airport to mineapolise -st paul was more beautiful,better and organised than the VI,parkview,lekki 1&2, and Akute I ve lived and Work for the better part of my life. Though it may be becos am new here.I was told crime rate is high in america but people are surviving.no agbero,lastma,kai,conductors,boko haram and area boys that threaten from work to home daily.
The fact is many immigrant here are negative about the system including one my closest bros with two cars,his three month earning his more than my annual salary plus bonus and allowance.The complain of paying bills is just everywhere.
Since I came here food,clothing and the basic necessity of life have not been far fetched.Let just pray that the system will work and be favourable to us and our family.
Faith Works Wonders.¶™

True bro, where i stay in MD is much more beautiful than anywhere in Lagos and Abuja put together. life here is pretty good and it has no comparison in anyway whatsoever with what is obtainable in Naija. Am loving this country big time but then, there is a MORAL LESSON for every immigrant, that was why i advised NOT to "TAKE SIDE" until you are through reading ALL pages. just be neutral you will be glad you did.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ewhoma(f): 10:38am On Oct 09, 2013
faithman2020: [color=#006600][/color]

yes bros,get a letter from your headqartar in lagos.also you need to contact the pastor in charge in the state you are going to. Generally Minnesotan are liberals and nice.
Ok, thanks bro. But I am a Lady. Lol. So, what letter do I get? Letter of recomendation or something? And for the pastor of d state where I hopefully will be travelling to, what do I tell him/her? Thanks bro.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 12:20pm On Oct 09, 2013
Somorin#1:

Congrats.

When you are settled in and ready to explore the USA consider my Wife and I as friends in California.
good one bro. no prob. u are in my heart
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by exteababa(m): 12:33pm On Oct 09, 2013
please i would like to know the closest and not too expensv hotel to the lagos embassy, so many people av been asking me about it. Thank e-people.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Zillionnaire: 2:07pm On Oct 09, 2013
God is so faithful,I just picked up my visa today...brooklyn newyork,here I come.tnx everyone for all ur support and experiences dat u posted,they whr really helpful.and I pray that u all get ur visas in Jesus name.pls wen u r going for ur interview jst go wit d documents they asked u for and look sharp and introduce urself with a smile.its a visa lottery so u must understand dat u won it already cos some co will congratulate u before anytin but dnt b full of urself,jst b confident.I wish u all d best.c u in newyork.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by penticom: 9:08pm On Oct 09, 2013
Good evening house, When will i receive my receipt when i paid for USCIS?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by babaajala: 10:04pm On Oct 09, 2013
hello house pls can anybody tell me how to get an admission in u.s? nd what site can i apply or how do i go about it?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by faithman2020: 10:37pm On Oct 09, 2013
YessWeeCan:

True bro, where i stay in MD is much more beautiful than anywhere in Lagos and Abuja put together. life here is pretty good and it has no comparison in anyway whatsoever with what is obtainable in Naija. Am loving this country big time but then, there is a MORAL LESSON for every immigrant, that was why i advised NOT to "TAKE SIDE" until you are through reading ALL pages. just be neutral you will be glad you did.

Noted.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by faithman2020: 11:01pm On Oct 09, 2013
ewhoma:
Ok, thanks bro. But I am a Lady. Lol. So, what letter do I get? Letter of recomendation or something? And for the pastor of d state where I hopefully will be travelling to, what do I tell him/her? Thanks bro.

Noted Sis,Actually am a Deeperlife member and we went through my district Pastor to our Church secretary in Ayobo.Normally when changing location in deeperlife you kind of like collecting letter to your new location for your family integration in the new environment-letter of introduction.
For the pastor in the state you are going google your church location in that state an either called the cell phone no or mail him whichever and ask for the assistance you. And you will very surprised depending on the pastor.Here in minnesota redeem church are very liberal,they give cars to new comers.you can google found out.They will be my 2nd week here minnesota and my pastor told me not to spend the money we brought yet.
Note: Dont be shy in requesting for any help.I assure that accomodation,feeding,clothing will be sorted out for you.And come with your family member if they included in the lottery.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by faithman2020: 11:11pm On Oct 09, 2013
kevwe_flex: For one month? Oh boy e!
Surprised,you also pay energy bills.But you will make up for it within a week if your spouse is working.people are always busy.your kids schooling are free still after12th grade.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 7:48am On Oct 10, 2013
faithman2020:
Surprised,you also pay energy bills.But you will make up for it within a week if your spouse is working.people are always busy.your kids schooling are free still after12th grade.

Very very. Converting it to naira, it's way way huge. Is it already furnished?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by alex4money: 8:13am On Oct 10, 2013
Good morning forumite,plz on the USCIS greencard payment site,what is ROUTIN NUMBER AND CHECK NUMBER?what am i going 2 filled in the space, Plz ur reply are highly needed thanks.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 9:52am On Oct 10, 2013
penticom: Good evening house, When will i receive my receipt when i paid for USCIS?
the moment u pay, u check ur inbox in that same site, that where u will print it frm.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by abiodunraufu: 10:02am On Oct 10, 2013
Pls, where does one pay the USCIS fee and how?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 11:19am On Oct 10, 2013
alex4money: Good morning forumite,plz on the USCIS greencard payment site,what is ROUTIN NUMBER AND CHECK NUMBER?what am i going 2 filled in the space, Plz ur reply are highly needed thanks.
I guess you can only see that option when you select payment by Bank Account. You have to select payment using debit/credit card and you will use your master/visa atm information.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 11:22am On Oct 10, 2013
abiodunraufu: Pls, where does one pay the USCIS fee and how?
www.uscis.gov/uscis-elis using your master/visa atm card.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 11:24am On Oct 10, 2013
Somorin#1:

Not ALL. Only nonessential workers are off.

SSN office is still open but just not issung new SSNs.
And what is a new immigrant going to the SSA office for?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by candytos: 4:24pm On Oct 10, 2013
Tobi henryo: Hey evryone.pls am the principal applicant and I waNna travel ahead with my 2month old son leavin my hubby to join us later.pls I hope it wldnt affect our visas or processes.......
U are allowed to enter US ahead of ur hubby, since u are the PA. Ur hubby must enter b4 his visa or medicals expire o. All the best in ur new land.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by candytos: 4:26pm On Oct 10, 2013
faithman2020: I book Qatar airways Lagos-Doha -Chicago-minneapolise. and it was a very lovely experience. For forumite having 8hrs stop over in Doha always ask for SPTC and they will make a provision of hotel accomodation or VIP lounge at the airport in Doha.IT was a very lovely experience in the VIP lounge in DOHA you have access to any food of your choice,a place to sleep,use the restroom etc at no cost irrespective of your class. The america airline flight myself and family boarded from Chicago to minneapolise was quite old as we it totally different from qatar airways and it was only beverages that was served on air.

Thanks for this info, who do we ask of this SPTC, at booking point or in Doha?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 10, 2013
Yusmash00: And what is a new immigrant going to the SSA office for?

A Social Security Card.

Depending on the immigration form that you fill out, one may be forthcomming to you but you might be able to get it yourself at the SSA office.

In the US, your SSN is like a golden key. You need it to do all sorts of things.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by faithman2020: 7:52pm On Oct 10, 2013
Somorin#1:

A Social Security Card.

Depending on the immigration form that you fill out, one may be forthcomming to you but you might be able to get it yourself at the SSA office.

In the US, your SSN is like a golden key. You need it to do all sorts of things.

I dont understand. Are you saying we can apply as the strike linger. pls elaborate.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by faithman2020: 8:01pm On Oct 10, 2013
candytos:

Thanks for this info, who do we ask of this SPTC, at booking point or in Doha?

Ask at the point of booking or You call their customer care after booking for your flight and just ask for SPTC at Doha airport,they will ask for your booking ref no. and date of departure.you call them or visit their office at MMA 1. a week before your departure.
you be very happy you did.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by faithman2020: 8:04pm On Oct 10, 2013
kevwe_flex:

Very very. Converting it to naira, it's way way huge. Is it already furnished?

Yes a Giant fridge,Electric cooker,dish washer,airconditioner etc excluding furnitures, Tv and kitchen utensil which I got from Bridging at no cost though I dont know the arrangement between my pastor and them but you can only go there to get thing once on your arrival.
But my advice is if your church has a branch in america and you are a worker their pls come through the church.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Husmern(m): 8:14pm On Oct 10, 2013
Taking off.....2mao! *in sha allah* Vegas loading....

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by faithman2020: 8:31pm On Oct 10, 2013
Husmern: Taking off.....2mao! *in sha allah* Vegas loading....

I wish you safe journey.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by faithman2020: 8:46pm On Oct 10, 2013
baba ajala: hello house pls can anybody tell me how to get an admission in u.s? nd what site can i apply or how do i go about it?
[color=#0066

Jettison whatever admission you get for Nigeria and come down there far better public University here. google Transworld Education.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 9:13pm On Oct 10, 2013
What happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas. Learn blackjack card before going grin
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Daudsmart: 9:28pm On Oct 10, 2013
have a safe trip. May Allaah make the trip easy. And may Allaah ease your stay there in shaa Allaah.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 9:36pm On Oct 10, 2013
faithman2020:

Yes a Giant fridge,Electric cooker,dish washer,airconditioner etc excluding furnitures, Tv and kitchen utensil which I got from Bridging at no cost though I dont know the arrangement between my pastor and them but you can only go there to get thing once on your arrival.
But my advice is if your church has a branch in america and you are a worker their pls come through the church.

Trust those stuff are hygienic plus is there washing machine as well for laundry?

PEACE!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kennex89(m): 9:44pm On Oct 10, 2013
hello house, i will like to know why is USA not cutting off their numbers like before again, for November they stopped at 7500 and for the recently released December they stopped at 8000. This is not fair at all please house i will like to know what is going on with the cut of this time is there any problem with it maybe those in the states will have to tell us more so that we can know what to do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) (861) (862) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Polish Student Visa / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.