Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,128 members, 7,890,777 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 08:13 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (858) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (931644 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (855) (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) (861) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 12:49pm On Oct 07, 2013
Fortsucc: Please forumite,I want to change my destination since my host said he cannot accommodate me and my husband, I hope that won't affect where my green will be mailed? Can I change my address in the process of registration of my green card?thanks.

Yes, u can change ur address...jst make sure u request of changn of address wen u get 2 point of entry, so dat u can fill the new address ok...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 2:52pm On Oct 07, 2013
candytos:

Congratulation on ur successful landing, quite an interesting story. I see u making it big time in US because u are such a open hearted person n ready to learn new things. I pray u resounding success n favor in the new land. The Lord will raise helpers of destiny for u IJN amen.
i appreciate U MY BROTHER. TANKS FOR UR COMMENT. I LOVE U
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 7:38pm On Oct 07, 2013
Genlion, Interesting write up.. Welcome to America
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 8:30pm On Oct 07, 2013
Yusmash00: Genlion, Interesting write up.. Welcome to America
GOD BLESS U BRO.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by faithman2020: 8:56pm On Oct 07, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
ewhoma:
Really? I am a worker in Redeemed. Pls, how did u go about dt? Is it 4rm ur parish back here in Nigeria or the national or over there in the US? Thank u.

yes bros,get a letter from your headqartar in lagos.also you need to contact the pastor in charge in the state you are going to. Generally Minnesotan are liberals and nice.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by faithman2020: 9:13pm On Oct 07, 2013
I book Qatar airways Lagos-Doha -Chicago-minneapolise. and it was a very lovely experience. For forumite having 8hrs stop over in Doha always ask for SPTC and they will make a provision of hotel accomodation or VIP lounge at the airport in Doha.IT was a very lovely experience in the VIP lounge in DOHA you have access to any food of your choice,a place to sleep,use the restroom etc at no cost irrespective of your class. The america airline flight myself and family boarded from Chicago to minneapolise was quite old as we it totally different from qatar airways and it was only beverages that was served on air.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 9:15pm On Oct 07, 2013
edimop: America is blessed.........I arrived poughkeepsie New york yesterday by 3pm american tym.d journey so far wt Qatar airline was so sweet and awesome.and i bless GOD FOR A merciful trip........
Congrats my brother 4rm diff parents
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tobihenryo: 9:16pm On Oct 07, 2013
Hey evryone.pls am the principal applicant and I waNna travel ahead with my 2month old son leavin my hubby to join us later.pls I hope it wldnt affect our visas or processes.......
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by faithman2020: 10:40pm On Oct 07, 2013
Forumite should know that you dont have to carry physical cash as your ATM debit card works here. you collect your money in dollar denomination from your naira account with your bank account in any nigeria bank.you will not be charge any fee if you collect it from the same issuer.you will be charge $2.50 if you cash from a different issuer.i.e.skye bank mastercard to visa machine.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by faithman2020: 10:51pm On Oct 07, 2013
Tobi henryo: Hey evryone.pls am the principal applicant and I waNna travel ahead with my 2month old son leavin my hubby to join us later.pls I hope it wldnt affect our visas or processes.......
[color=#006600]

you are good to go since your re the principal applicant.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by faithman2020: 11:16pm On Oct 07, 2013
There are vacant one(1) bedroom flats @$700 and two(2) bedroom flats @$800 here in Roseville per month,st paul,MN.it a crime free white neighbourhood and like 10 minute access to downtown minneapolise.it also on the bus route to both downtown st paul and downtown mineapolise. interested forumite should known that minnesota is very cold,and winter start in november.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 11:38pm On Oct 07, 2013
faithman2020: Forumite should know that you dont have to carry physical cash as your ATM debit card works here. you collect your money in dollar denomination from your naira account with your bank account in any nigeria bank.you will not be charge any fee if you collect it from the same issuer.you will be charge $2.50 if you cash from a different issuer.i.e.skye bank mastercard to visa machine.
Its better you withdraw all your money from Nigeria bank, change it to dollars and bring it to America. After you get your SSN in a week, open an account and deposit it. When Nigeria bank see you re withdrawing from aboard. They will start charging you for some crazy fee per transaction. The exchange rate is too much. You cant complain physically. Its just good to bring your Nigeria ATM to receive money from Nigeria.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by faithman2020: 11:50pm On Oct 07, 2013
Yusmash00: Its better you withdraw all your money from Nigeria bank, change it to dollars and bring it to America. After you get your SSN in a week, open an account and deposit it. When Nigeria bank see you re withdrawing from aboard. They will start charging you for some crazy fee per transaction. The exchange rate is too much. You cant complain physically. Its just good to bring your Nigeria ATM to receive money from Nigeria.

my bros it very easy,just like you have been using ur ATM.I just use the machine with my card and I was not charged for any foriegn transaction. you re only charged if you re using different debit card with the machine. it will tell you your dollar equivalent of your a\c even the exchange was like 160 to $1 I just left $10 in the a\c. And you can open an account with your Nigeria passport right before your SSN arrive as they promise to update when the SSN comes out.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 1:12am On Oct 08, 2013
faithman2020:

my bros it very easy,just like you have been using ur ATM.I just use the machine with my card and I was not charged for any foriegn transaction. you re only charged if you re using different debit card with the machine. it will tell you your dollar equivalent of your a\c even the exchange was like 160 to $1 I just left $10 in the a\c. And you can open an account with your Nigeria passport right before your SSN arrive as they promise to update when the SSN comes out.
GTB charges me 1000naira per transaction. They re charging me INTEREST CAPITALISED every month end because i didn't withdraw more than four times from my account in a month. I was unable to open a chase bank account without SSN.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 9:04am On Oct 08, 2013
faithman2020:

could you confirm pls, if Interswitch/Verve card could be used there or only mastercard?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Zillionnaire: 11:51am On Oct 08, 2013
Pls forumites,for those of you dat have gone,pls ow long did it take u to get ur visas after d interview,pls reply.tnx
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gnykelly(m): 1:11pm On Oct 08, 2013
you guys finally escape this hella-of-hole. Wish us in naija well. Bye. Thanks

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 1:28pm On Oct 08, 2013
Zillionnaire: Pls forumites,for those of you dat have gone,pls ow long did it take u to get ur visas after d interview,pls reply.tnx

After ur intview is 5weekn days.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by YessWeeCan(m): 3:26pm On Oct 08, 2013
I like to share this link with ALL new immigrant to the USA, and those coming anytime soon. Pls avoid taking side, not until you are through reading ALL pages, this will help you a GREAT DEAL.

https://www.nairaland.com/1458034/want-come-america-really-know
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by G2Glory(m): 3:35pm On Oct 08, 2013
[quote author=kevwe_flex][/quote]

Thank you for that piece of information but i need clarification on the statement"photocopy' of all documents. Does it include the police report which i presume should be a confidential.

For the spouse of principal applicant: My birth certificate was issued by local govt in mid 70's & just to find out if i need to do the NPC one.

My spouse (principal applicant) already obtained the one from NPC & need to know if it's a must that i get the NPC birth certificate as well.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Fortsucc(f): 3:38pm On Oct 08, 2013
Zillionnaire: Pls forumites,for those of you dat have gone,pls ow long did it take u to get ur visas after d interview,pls reply.tnx
. You'll get your visa five business working days after your interview day.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Zillionnaire: 4:06pm On Oct 08, 2013
Did u get any alert on d day of pick up and is it on d day u whr told to pick up u actually went?or was it afterwrds
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 5:02pm On Oct 08, 2013
G2Glory:

Thank you for that piece of information but i need clarification on the statement"photocopy' of all documents. Does it include the police report which i presume should be a confidential.

For the spouse of principal applicant: My birth certificate was issued by local govt in mid 70's & just to find out if i need to do the NPC one.

My spouse (principal applicant) already obtained the one from NPC & need to know if it's a must that i get the NPC birth certificate as well.

To be at the safer side, I will advice you to get the one from NPC in as much as it was clearly stated on their site.
You may check my previous post on the topic to get more insight about it.
I hope it helps?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 5:28pm On Oct 08, 2013
G2Glory:

For me, I'd advice you get your NPC birth certificate. I did for both my spouse and I for 6k in Benin @ 3k each. It's not much of a financial burden for one extra one. This is just to be on the safe side to avoid any eventualities o. Then about this '92 stuff, I don't know about it.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by faithman2020: 8:20pm On Oct 08, 2013
YessWeeCan: I like to share this link with ALL new immigrant to the USA, and those coming anytime soon. Pls avoid taking side, not until you are through reading ALL pages, this will help you a GREAT DEAL.

https://www.nairaland.com/1458034/want-come-america-really-know

Nice pics,but the America I saw from Chicago airport to mineapolise -st paul was more beautiful,better and organised than the VI,parkview,lekki 1&2, and Akute I ve lived and Work for the better part of my life. Though it may be becos am new here.I was told crime rate is high in america but people are surviving.no agbero,lastma,kai,conductors,boko haram and area boys that threaten from work to home daily.
The fact is many immigrant here are negative about the system including one my closest bros with two cars,his three month earning his more than my annual salary plus bonus and allowance.The complain of paying bills is just everywhere.
Since I came here food,clothing and the basic necessity of life have not been far fetched.Let just pray that the system will work and be favourable to us and our family.
Faith Works Wonders.¶™

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by faithman2020: 8:33pm On Oct 08, 2013
Obatide:

could you confirm pls, if Interswitch/Verve card could be used there or only mastercard?

interswitch/verve are just issuer.it is the same ATM card mastercard or VISA, Skye,eco,firstbank etc.I used my skyebank ATM yesterday and I collect my money in dollars.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Fortsucc(f): 8:36pm On Oct 08, 2013
Zillionnaire: Did u get any alert on d day of pick up and is it on d day u whr told to pick up u actually went?or was it afterwrds
. Just five days after your interview,
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Fortsucc(f): 8:41pm On Oct 08, 2013
Zillionnaire: Did u get any alert on d day of pick up and is it on d day u whr told to pick up u actually went?or was it afterwrds
Just five days after your interview,there is nothing like alert, as for me,I did my interview on Monday 23rd of Sept and I picked up my Visa on Monday 30th of Sept, just five working days. But remember if the visa is not picked up after 30 working days it will be returned to the embassy. You can go any time just make sure is 5 working days after your interview and is not up to 30 days before you go for it,hope this help.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 11:23pm On Oct 08, 2013
For one month? Oh boy e!
faithman2020: There are vacant one(1) bedroom flats @$700 and two(2) bedroom flats @$800 here in roseville per month,st paul,MN.it a crime free white neighbourhood and like 10 minute access to downtown minneapolise.it also on the bus route to both downtown st paul and downtown mineapolise. interested forumite should known that minnesota very cold,and winter start in november and it very cold especially in the morning.
faithman2020: There are vacant one(1) bedroom flats @$700 and two(2) bedroom flats @$800 here in roseville per month,st paul,MN.it a crime free white neighbourhood and like 10 minute access to downtown minneapolise.it also on the bus route to both downtown st paul and downtown mineapolise. interested forumite should known that minnesota very cold,and winter start in november and it very cold especially in the morning.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 12:43am On Oct 09, 2013
genlion: on route to chicago, i sat beside an iraqi woman so i had to exchange my seat becos they wanted to sit together so i sat else where at the isle seat. so dis time around i tank God for nt seating near the window becos i blamed myself seating there. i was quite afraid of lookin at the window. so myself and the family chatted a while asking me my name and i reciprocate as well. it was a food celebration in qatar airline. lots of alcoholic drinks and wines. u will eat as u like. we got to chicago at exactly 3pm. i was to board anoder flight at 4:30pm bt becos of the delay at chicago airport during lots of security checks and wanting to register me into the states, i miss my flight. bt its nt a problem since its nt my fault. i was reschedule to board anoder flight at 7pm. the flight to pittsburgh was wt american airline. very lovely planes. i wish dana ariline, aviation authorities and d host of others should come i see how a local flight looks like. its was a short trip to pittsburgh. it took us just an hour and 20 mins to get to pittsburgh frm chicago. wen we landed i went to pick my luggage and left the airport. my host had alredy been to the airport since i gave him the time i will arrive bt due to the delay he had gone. so i ask a white lady who sat beside me to pls give me her phone to call. so she did becos we met again at the place where we are to pick our luggage. so i called and he ask me to wait outside the airport and dat was wen it dawn on me dat am in the united states of america. i want to tank all members of this great forum for their support. i say to u dat ur generation is blessed for ur sake. i love u gentiger my mentor, edimop my beloved, amedino my soul mate and brother, neroxp, a friend and my great unclesoji. to u all i dove my hat. love u brothers

Congrats.

When you are settled in and ready to explore the USA consider my Wife and I as friends in California.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 12:44am On Oct 09, 2013
Yusmash00: Yes, There is government shutdown since Monday in every state. All US Federal office & company are closed. All Federal workers re at home. THEY RE ON STRIKE. Every country with its own problem. God bless Nigeria, God bless America.

Not ALL. Only nonessential workers are off.

SSN office is still open but just not issung new SSNs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (855) (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) (861) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Polish Student Visa / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.