Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,332 members, 7,884,711 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 02:24 PM

Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. (18135 Views)

Fayemi, Sumaila And Some Other Entourage Of Buhari Take A Street Pix In US / Buhari Introduces His Grandchildren To Fayemi, Amaechi (Photo) / How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by fio(m): 7:30am On May 06, 2012
Na wa for naija o! If bad road is not our problem again then something is wrong.
Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by Nobody: 7:36am On May 06, 2012
Some good ideas there.
Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by Nobody: 7:48am On May 06, 2012
Kobojunkie: I wish there was a way to get images of these roads so those who are not aware can see for themselves. That a road is not cover in black shining tar in the sun DOES NOT then imply said road is not pliable. The Ado to Afao road for instance, I know has not been tarred in recent years, but I doubt the claim that the road is not pliable. So I went through the pain of finding a google map that could give us a seemingly good picture of said roads to Afao. Please go right ahead and tell us where the TERRIBLE points on the road is please? maybe we can narrow this down to the exact stretch that we need to focus on.

P.S. Many of the roads mentioned there are Federal Roads, not roads leading to villages. The Governor here is using limited state funds to dualize federal roads, among other things. If the roads in Ekiti were in such a terrible state, as some would like us to believe, why then is the Government instead choosing to spend so much on dualizing the Federal roads, and neglecting these TERRIBLE local roads?

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/44582-ekiti-pays-n275m-compensation-to-property-owners.html

http://archive.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200609080465571

I am telling you, there were places in Abia( we tried to visit some of the village markets back some time ago) that are cut off from the rest of the state. I remember a couple of years back, erosion essentially destroyed the main road out of some of the villages and for months, nothing was done. That is terrible, driving over untarred, but still pliable road is not terrible(It is done even here in rural America).Terrible road is what you find mostly on the Highways(mostly Federal roads) with holes that could swallow up cars even or reduce the lifespan of any engine that attempts it.

Google map? Tell me something else! This Ado -Afao Road that you say is in excellent condition is in indeed in a very pitiable condition. I drove through that same road last year August. I was virtually driving 20km per hour.The moment you leave Fayose Housing estate till you get to Iso village from there to Police station while entering Afao, there is nothing to call road again. Anyway, Afao to Ire is still ok but has a lot of bends that makes even the road more dangerous than being "un-motorable". Because of the terrible state of the road, do you know people are being robbed there? Do you the commercial vehicles that used to ply the road from Ado to Ire to Ilupeju to Ikole have since abandoned the road? Do you know Are Ekiti residents that use to come from Ado via the road are now using Ado-Iworoko route despite being more expensive? So you believe that an un tar road is in a good condition?

You talk of federal roads as if GEJ is the one plying the roads. Who are the people plying the roads in Ekiti? Can you open up the state without plying these so called federal roads? So if GEJ has refused to tar the roads, then Fayemi should ignore them because they are federal roads?

Where is the un-tarred roads in rural America? Which state is that? I have traveled extensively in America, I have not seen the type of terrible roads we have in Nigeria in any of the states I have visited in US.

Don't give an impression that the government is wasting funds by constructing and rehabilitating roads. Adebayo administration focused on intangibles of free health, free this free that etc. Wasted years. Fayose really made an impact before he had issue with Afe babalola and co and they used Obj to send him away. Oni was there to loot, that was clear even to his admirers. Fayemi is there moving in the right direction, at least starting from where Fayose stopped his good work.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by Kobojunkie: 7:55am On May 06, 2012
Ado-Afao road in excellent condition? Probably not responding to my post because I see no how anyone could falsify any of the claims I have made in clear words there.
Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by Gbawe: 8:08am On May 06, 2012
f i o: Na wa for naija o! If bad road is not our problem again then something is wrong.

This is the point I make earlier. No need to attempt the reinvention of the wheel merely to appear erudite. We Nigerians do that a lot. I guess a lot stems from how many here do not , in reality, deal with very bad roads so therefore their arguments can be distractive and blase. Without a doubt, and in every Nation of the world, transport infrastructure is top priority for far too many reasons than needs to be enunciated here.

If there is genuine improvement in the sector in Ekiti then that is something to celebrate and encourage. It would also be good to gain input from folks in the State who know the roads mentioned and can provide info about current work being carried out and their expectations for improved transport structure.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by Nobody: 8:08am On May 06, 2012
Kobojunkie: Ado-Afao road in excellent condition? Probably not responding to my post because I see no how anyone could falsify any of the claims I have made in clear words there.

What's your point? If you say a road is pliable, is it far fetched to imply that same road is deemed to be good? What do you intend to prove with your outdated google map, if not that the road is good? If not, why the unnecessary criticism of Fayemi effort to remedy such death traps called road?
Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by Kobojunkie: 8:12am On May 06, 2012
hm . . 2012 Satellite pictures are outdated? interesting. . .
Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by Nobody: 8:22am On May 06, 2012
Kobojunkie: hm . . 2012 Satellite pictures are outdated? interesting. . .

Stop deceiving yourselves with 2012 satellite picture! Did you bother to check the link yourselves? Have you ever plied the road?
I can't but laugh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Where is the five star hotel in Afao and where is the car rental service in Afao as your most credible and ultra modern 21st century link seem to suggest?
Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by rhymz(m): 8:40am On May 06, 2012
Kilode?!:
I've not had the opportunity to drive on Abia local roads. So maybe what I consider terrible is an expressway compared to those, who knows.
trust me bro, the roads in Abia states are death traps, more annoying is the fact that unlike Ekiti state that evidently do not have much funds at her disposal, Abia state in comparison has a way better financial prospectus yet has nothing to show for it. That is why it is important these days that governmnt spends money on projects that can generate economic activities. For instance, instead of wasting resources building federal roads that will only end up in an ownership dispute with the FG, funds should be channeled to intercity roads that link communities with potentials for agro allied industries, build more link roads to market places and towns. They should support the efforts of local farmers and heavily subsidize their cost. Government can actively start a campaign geared at attracting known local business men from the state and neigbouring states to invest in the burgeoning agro allied industries. They should find a way to exploit and highlight the areas where they can actually compete favourably with others. Building of roads is no doubt a good thing but it should be tied to a strategic importance else they might end up in thesame quagmire like many nothern states with enviable roads all over the place but little serious human and economic activities.
Seriously state governments need to start first with investment from the people of the state before looking out, that is the best way to attract others. Businesses bring other businesses.
Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by Nobody: 8:58am On May 06, 2012
rhymz: trust me bro, the roads in Abia states are death traps, more annoying is the fact that unlike Ekiti state that evidently do not have much funds at her disposal, Abia state in comparison has a way better financial prospectus yet has nothing to show for it. That is why it is important these days that governmnt spends money on projects that can generate economic activities. For instance, instead of wasting resources building federal roads that will only end up in an ownership dispute with the FG, funds should be channeled to intercity roads that link communities with potentials for agro allied industries, build more link roads to market places and towns. They should support the efforts of local farmers and heavily subsidize their cost. Government can actively start a campaign geared at attracting known local business men from the state and neigbouring states to invest in the burgeoning agro allied industries. They should find a way to exploit and highlight the areas where they can actually compete favourably with others. Building of roads is no doubt a good thing but it should be tied to a strategic importance else they might end up in thesame quagmire like many nothern states with enviable roads all over the place but little serious human and economic activities.
Seriously state governments need to start first with investment from the people of the state before looking out, that is the best way to attract others. Businesses bring other businesses.

If I want to follow your argument, then there is no point for states building independent power projects?

Ekiti is a very small state and building the so called intercity roads is at best hair dressing. If there is a good interstate rail system, your argument would have be solid but market for many farm produce in Ekiti are not even in Ekiti but in far away Lagos and the likes. In any case, you made a lot good points but such initiatives will also depend on having good infrastructure on ground.

Ekiti can not be like Northern Nigeria. Why? We are very stubborn grin grin grin grin grin grin and can fight any useless government to a stand still. We can not be taken for granted. Jusk kidding. But the real point is there is strong opposition and these guys know the best way to retain power is to perform.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by Gbawe: 9:23am On May 06, 2012
bayooooooo:

If I want to follow your argument, then there is no point for states building independent power projects?

Ekiti is a very small state and building the so called intercity roads is at best hair dressing. If there is a good interstate rail system, your argument would have be solid but market for many farm produce in Ekiti are not even in Ekiti but in far away Lagos and the likes. In any case, you made a lot good points but such initiatives will also depend on having good infrastructure on ground.

Ekiti can not be like Northern Nigeria. Why? We are very stubborn grin grin grin grin grin grin and can fight any useless government to a stand still. We can not be taken for granted. Jusk kidding. But the real point is there is strong opposition and these guys know the best way to retain power is to perform.

More to the point, Ekiti cannot be like Northern Nigeria because of the different socio-cultural factor at play and attitude to work, SME, education, empowerment of women and the honest desire of those who control the society to fulfil their social contract of assisting the development of the most needy.

In most Nations of the world, what obtains in the North is not the norm. Development of infrastructure generally tends to lead to a natural and responsive overall improvement in the quality of the dwellers of a region. Development of infrastructure also automatically boosts economic growth, stimulate commerce and generally promote development. It is ridiculous to use the North as an example in the same way Somalia , where some deliberately reject civility, is an extreme model vis-a-vis the normal and expected reaction of man to infrastructural development.
Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by fio(m): 9:33am On May 06, 2012
rhymz: trust me bro, the roads in Abia states are death traps, more annoying is the fact that unlike Ekiti state that evidently do not have much funds at her disposal, Abia state in comparison has a way better financial prospectus yet has nothing to show for it. That is why it is important these days that governmnt spends money on projects that can generate economic activities. For instance, instead of wasting resources building federal roads that will only end up in an ownership dispute with the FG, funds should be channeled to intercity roads that link communities with potentials for agro allied industries, build more link roads to market places and towns. They should support the efforts of local farmers and heavily subsidize their cost. Government can actively start a campaign geared at attracting known local business men from the state and neigbouring states to invest in the burgeoning agro allied industries. They should find a way to exploit and highlight the areas where they can actually compete favourably with others. Building of roads is no doubt a good thing but it should be tied to a strategic importance else they might end up in thesame quagmire like many nothern states with enviable roads all over the place but little serious human and economic activities.

please go and read your elementary agric. Science and list out the problems facing agriculture in west africa, before talking about business and agro whatever. OGA OO!
Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by Nobody: 9:39am On May 06, 2012
OH COME-ON!!! EVEN NIGERIANS AREN'T SO STUPID TO BELIEVE THIS SILLY PROPAGANDA, KINDLY GIVE US SOME RESPECT AND STOP INSULTING OUR INTELLIGENCE, THIS IS JUST TOO MUCH I CAN'T STAND IT
Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by rhymz(m): 11:38am On May 06, 2012
f i o:

please go and read your elementary agric. Science and list out the problems facing agriculture in west africa, before talking about business and agro whatever. OGA OO!
you sound so angry like somebody is trying so hard to discredit the message of your propagander. As long as Ekiti is a rural state, all that big talk about industrilization and big ticket projects for now is not in their reach. While you are busy thinking elementry like the cretins in governments are doing, some serious minded societies have the development of their agro industries to swell their GDP, FDI opportunities and used it as a launch pad to attract the needed developments and funds for big ticket projects that attract both FDI and investors. And yes thesame mistake made by some northern states that concentrated all her efforts on building every road in the states can be replicated in Ekiti state if his only plan with the state's very limited resources is majorly concentrated on building and repairing roads in the magnitude that will sap other sectors of needed funds. Abi you think say na paper im go take pay for the "Huge construction site im dey talk about ni?"
By the way, what exactly do you think agro allied industry is? Just shut up if you don't know what it is all about.
Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by fio(m): 12:38pm On May 06, 2012
rhymz: you sound so angry like somebody is trying so hard to discredit the message of your propagander. As long as Ekiti is a rural state, all that big talk about industrilization and big ticket projects for now is not in their reach. While you are busy thinking elementry like the cretins in governments are doing, some serious minded societies have the development of their agro industries to swell their GDP, FDI opportunities and used it as a launch pad to attract the needed developments and funds for big ticket projects that attract both FDI and investors. And yes thesame mistake made by some northern states that concentrated all her efforts on building every road in the states can be replicated in Ekiti state if his only plan with the state's very limited resources is majorly concentrated on building and repairing roads in the magnitude that will sap other sectors of needed funds. Abi you think say na paper im go take pay for the "Huge construction site im dey talk about ni?"
By the way, what exactly do you think agro allied industry is? Just shut up if you don't know what it is all about.

please calm ur nerves down, read through the news again, did he say he will focus on only building project?? He's left with roughly 3 more years, don't insult me or the government. PLEASE HAVE U DONE WHAT I ASKED U TO DO??
Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by yinkhar(f): 1:39pm On May 06, 2012
Lets not decieve ourselves,am a young girl just growing and i feel the administration of fayemi is a waste of time in the lives of we ekiti poeple,he's not helping the matter but rather making it worst by mismanaging our little available funds in changing the good looking governors office to a brothel as earlier been called by someone on this thread.looking at ekiti,i wish we have a good leader who will make us move forward bt rather,his wife is busy with praties and dancing,why on earth should that be her aim?t
Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by Rossikk(m): 3:22pm On May 06, 2012
ADO-EKITI (PICS)

Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by yinkhar(f): 3:31pm On May 06, 2012
Rossikk,you are a bunch of lie.there is no place like that in ekiti state university and also is it fayemi that built pathfinder hotel owned by ayeni.the road u showed is a work out art cos am in ado presently and I can't see it here.stop lying and come out with the bitter truth
Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by Gbawe: 4:16pm On May 06, 2012
Double post.
Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by Gbawe: 4:16pm On May 06, 2012
yinkhar: Rossikk,you are a bunch of lie.there is no place like that in ekiti state university and also is it fayemi that built pathfinder hotel owned by ayeni.the road u showed is a work out art cos am in ado presently and I can't see it here.stop lying and come out with the bitter truth

What "bitter truth"? The pictures below does not look like "lies" to me. As I have always maintained, pictures will surface sooner or later incidentally. What is important is to hear from a cross range of folks on the ground.

The link below has pictures of Fayemi inspecting roadworks. To the right more pictures can be seen.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ekitistate/6821797185/in/set-72157628850703581/
Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by Gbawe: 4:25pm On May 06, 2012
Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by Kobojunkie: 4:32pm On May 06, 2012
yinkhar: Rossikk,you are a bunch of lie.there is no place like that in ekiti state university and also is it fayemi that built pathfinder hotel owned by ayeni.the road u showed is a work out art cos am in ado presently and I can't see it here.stop lying and come out with the bitter truth

I am with you on the dates on the images being off. 2006? 2010? What has that to do with Fayemi who came in towards the end of 2010? grin
Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by Gbawe: 4:33pm On May 06, 2012
Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by Kobojunkie: 4:35pm On May 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I am with you on the dates on the images being off. 2006? 2010? What has that to do with Fayemi who came in towards the end of 2010? grin

Did the previous administrations really spend state money on such parks and monuments? Was that mostly for, let me guess, tourism?

If yes, how has that been working out since then? if yes, How many Ekiti-ans benefit from those structures? shocked
Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by oraclefemi(m): 4:55pm On May 06, 2012
Rossikk: ADO-EKITI (PICS)

wait oo where is that building in my school? you just made a fool of yourself, university of ado ekiti does not have that kind of building...your pictures are from ado fajuyi of course the govt buildings will be fine nah..the rest of the place is bull shit..i repeat bullshit, imagine a university that cant provide electricity for its students..EKITI IS rubbish

Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by Gbawe: 5:05pm On May 06, 2012
lari03:
Spoken like a true Ekiti man, people will first criticize rather than objectively appraise the man and allow time to prove himself.
Questions (since you have the best interest of ekiti at heart)
1. Has Ekiti ever previously experienced any welfare plan,like the one this current governor has?
2. Do you know that the governor's office was converted by Fayose from a hotel to governor's office and this government just wants return back to the original plan.
3. when all the road projects are completed, who will ply these roads,spirits or ekiti people?
4. Are you aware that the beautification project that you are waiting for is what is been executed in phases?
5. What is your defintion of white elephant projects?
6. how is John kayode Fayemi like Segun Oni?
pls answer this honestly.
sorry folks that y'all gotta strain your necks to see those pictures, consider it some exercise.lol grin

My brother, you try but I have found pictures which depicts road works is indeed ongoing. Furthermore my main point to the mischief-maker (Papabrowne) is now proven i.e my assertion that pictures , or the lack of them, is not conclusive proof of anything. Better for us all to discuss graciously , and especially listening to a cross range of those on ground, so that we gain a good understanding of what is going on rather than shout ignorantly from our diasporan base we have not left for the past 5-10 years.

If you look at the link below, you will see to the right : "This picture belongs to the Government of Ekiti"

Clearly many of such pictures, for road projects across the state, exist. Yet the Governor and administrators of Ekiti have not made a big issue of those pictures. This directly bearing out my point that these are serious folks who are not in office to prove anything to anyone. This is not what serious leadership entails i.e brandishing pictures around childishly when the people themselves you are working for are the only ones you need to please. The job of Fayemi and his crew is to provide roads that improve transport infrastructure contributing to the overall development of the State. His job is certainly not about proving anything to self-confessed decietful spin-masters and he certainly does not deserve to be called a "liar" and "propagandist" by the ignorant folks not on ground in Ekiti.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by yinkhar(f): 5:29pm On May 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Dnt mind the liars,was he there in 2006,2008,2010?mayb his ghost did I then and as for rossikk,where is that in unad?will u pls take me there tommorow?let's say the truth he's nt working.am not a supporter of any party,let's call a spade a spade

1 Like

Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by PapaBrowne(m): 5:49pm On May 06, 2012
So Gbawe, two years out of a Governor's existence have passed and the pictures you have in those links are proof of performance?? I cry!!
Two years is half a Governor's tenure for crying out loud!! With these pictures in defence of Fayemi, you have totally lost your moral validation on critiquing Jonathan's performance in anyway!!
Go to Edo state and see Oshiomole's works!. Go to Akpabio's Akwa Ibom and see his good works. Even Chime's Enugu with very minuscule FG allocation did so much in a short while. If after two year in office we have no pictures of commissioned projects, then I sympathize with Ekiti.

I'm embarrased at what you've termed "huge construction site". I always knew ACN's reputation ended with Fashola and Oshiomaole and that as soon as more entrants join them, the true colors would begin to appear.It wasn't about the party, it was about the persons. Fashola and Oshiomole have great capacity and their performance has nothing to do with the party they belong in the same way the performance of Donald Duke, Amaechi, Akpabio, Chime and the likes have nothing to do with the party they belong in.

So please stop all these partisanship. Don't come here to talk about "huge construction site" and show us works even a LGA chairman would be ashamed of.
Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by PapaBrowne(m): 5:55pm On May 06, 2012
yinkhar:
Dnt mind the liars,was he there in 2006,2008,2010?mayb his ghost did I then and as for rossikk,where is that in unad?will u pls take me there tommorow?let's say the truth he's nt working.am not a supporter of any party,let's call a spade a spade

Thank you. What we want is development not party this, party that. Most of the people in ACN today were all once PDP members. Give me a Donald Duke in PDP anyday and I will take him over the nepotistic Tinubu in ACN who has chosen to own every project in Lagos from the Eko Atlantic City to Oriental Hotel to the new Ikeja Mall to the First Nation Airline et al. Things he would never have had if he didn't have access to the treasury of lagos state.
Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by Gbawe: 6:24pm On May 06, 2012
PapaBrowne: So Gbawe, two years out of a Governor's existence have passed and the pictures you have in those links are proof of performance?? I cry!!
Two years is half a Governor's tenure for crying out loud!! With these pictures in defence of Fayemi, you have totally lost your moral validation on critiquing Jonathan's performance in anyway!!
Go to Edo state and see Oshiomole's works!. Go to Akpabio's Akwa Ibom and see his good works. Even Chime's Enugu with very minuscule FG allocation did so much in a short while. If after two year in office we have no pictures of commissioned projects, then I sympathize with Ekiti.

I'm embarrased at what you've termed "huge construction site". I always knew ACN's reputation ended with Fashola and Oshiomaole and that as soon as more entrants join them, the true colors would begin to appear.It wasn't about the party, it was about the persons. Fashola and Oshiomole have great capacity and their performance has nothing to do with the party they belong in the same way the performance of Donald Duke, Amaechi, Akpabio, Chime and the likes have nothing to do with the party they belong in.

So please stop all these partisanship. Don't come here to talk about "huge construction site" and show us works even a LGA chairman would be ashamed of.

You obviously have a comprehension deficit . Abeg face Akwa Ibom, Edo and Enugu threads and leave the south West alone. You really are as terrible as Beaf with your agenda of deliberately misquoting others. It seems you are now angling to replace him as the champion of mischief who goes around openly misrepresenting what others say while displaying a biased backbone that means you are incapable of giving credit where due.

You have called what is going on in Ekiti "a big fat lie" yet when shown pictures you childishly demanded incessantly,that directly discredit you and proves considerable work is indeed ongoing, you are still dishonourably running from pillar to post , with silly pedantism, nitpicking the use of "huge construction site", instead of just accepting you misyarned and that your 'bad belle' has been exposed here. Simple. You claim pictures do not exist. Now that you see them, you move on pettily to something else.

Built Infrastructure development is not secured on an Akwa Ibom or Edo template. It is predictated on things like topographical/geographical challenges and the unique problems facing Nigerian States. Seeing several Flyovers, for example, in Akwa Ibom that has the same Governor for 5 years,not seen in Ekiti, does not mean Akwa Ibom has met its peculiar infrastructural challenges better than Ekiti. Most bright folks will understand that and make comparison, if at all they are that way inclined, logically. You really suck at imitating Beaf and that is saying something since he was lousy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ekitistate/6690689335/in/set-72157628850703581/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ekitistate/6956752205/in/set-72157628850703581/
Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by Kobojunkie: 6:37pm On May 06, 2012
yinkhar:

It is really sad that more than 50 years into the mess we have created, there are still so many people out there who cannot see past the party politicians whose arses their faces are stuck on.

We are talking of using of very limited resources available to a state with a population well over a million, in such a way that at least half of the very poor citizens(many of whom cannot even afford cars to play any tarred roads that may exists)benefit, some are posting pictures of cracks in the roads and SHINY tar roads as achievements. The last administration spent billions on fixing roads, And 2 years after, the new Governor is still spending Bilions of state money on road construction. Is that all infrastructure that the state needs?
Re: Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site. by PapaBrowne(m): 6:51pm On May 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

It is really sad that more than 50 years into the mess we have created, there are still so many people out there who cannot see past the party politicians whose arses their faces are stuck on.

We are talking of using of very limited resources available to a state with a population well over a million, in such a way that at least half of the very poor citizens(many of whom cannot even afford cars to play any tarred roads that may exists)benefit, some are posting pictures of cracks in the roads and SHINY tar roads as achievements. The last administration spent billions on fixing roads, And 2 years after, the new Governor is still spending Bilions of state money on road construction. Is that all infrastructure that the state needs?

For once, I sooo agree with you. There is much more to development than just building roads.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fashola’s Tenure, A Failure –PDP / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Benue Community Again, 7 Feared Dead / CBN Asks Court Not To Unfreeze EndSARS Campaigners’ Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.