Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,745 members, 7,889,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:18 AM

Britain May Bar Corrupt Politicians’ Children From British Schools - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Britain May Bar Corrupt Politicians’ Children From British Schools (8648 Views)

Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi / Where Were Our Politicians' Children During The Election? / Would U Support The Kidnapping/killin Of Politicians Children In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Britain May Bar Corrupt Politicians’ Children From British Schools by 1forall: 9:11pm On May 10, 2012
baby-boy:

Please its called "lip service" The British Governement are one governement that says A to those who wants to hear A!

I agree with that perspective.

I don't believe the banks had no reason to suspect something fishy all along those years that Ibori was moving massive money back and forth because it's VERY unusual to possess such massive sums in cash in the UK. And saying “there’s a prestige about being able to bring your assets and your wealth into the UK” is a bold demonstration of ignorance and conceit kmt.

They're just hypocrites ..what else do we expect them to say. UK banks are not going to say no to customer funds, neither are schools going to turn away prospective students because of these random, media friendly statements.
Re: Britain May Bar Corrupt Politicians’ Children From British Schools by Nobody: 1:03am On May 11, 2012
Yinkay: British Govt should in addition ban the politicians from using thier hospitals also, other countries should emulate them if possible....
This would be a better move. The Brits are doing their best. What are Nigerians doing to arrest the level of corruption in the country?
Re: Britain May Bar Corrupt Politicians’ Children From British Schools by Raymondeji(m): 1:53am On May 11, 2012
Really in a state of dilemma right now and think i need to share it with my fellow nairalanders. I got a degree in environmental biology from aaua, and my people want me to go for direct entry into medicine. Even though i love medicine, i have started looking for alternatives, aπϑ i got one which is an admission into a UK university for Msc in information technology. My problem now is that, should i continue my pursuit for medicine or grab the opportunity of this admission, even though the money is not yet on ground
Re: Britain May Bar Corrupt Politicians’ Children From British Schools by Fhemmmy: 2:24am On May 11, 2012
all4naija: This would be a better move. The Brits are doing their best. What are Nigerians doing to arrest the level of corruption in the country?

Tell one thing that Britain has dont to curb corruption in Nigeria . . . and please dont mention Ibori's case cos we all know what went down.
Re: Britain May Bar Corrupt Politicians’ Children From British Schools by Kobojunkie: 2:28am On May 11, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Tell one thing that Britain has dont to curb corruption in Nigeria . . . and please dont mention Ibori's case cos we all know what went down.

Since when did it become the British's job to curb corruption IN NIGERIA? Should the British case how much corruption Nigerians allow in Nigeria? They are trying to clean things up on their end for their own good . . . what should they clean your country too?
Re: Britain May Bar Corrupt Politicians’ Children From British Schools by Fhemmmy: 2:31am On May 11, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Since when did it become the British's job to curb corruption IN NIGERIA? Should the British case how much corruption Nigerians allow in Nigeria? They are trying to clean things up on their end for their own good . . . what should they clean your country too?

Dont get me wrong madam . . . Was just responding the post where someone said Britain have done their own part . .
Also, why would Britain be spiting fire now that they would stop allowing the kids of the corrupt leaders from coming to their schools and yet allow the same corrupt leaders to be treated in the hospitals?
Re: Britain May Bar Corrupt Politicians’ Children From British Schools by Kobojunkie: 2:43am On May 11, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Dont get me wrong madam . . . Was just responding the post where someone said Britain have done their own part . .
Also, why would Britain be spiting fire now that they would stop allowing the kids of the corrupt leaders from coming to their schools and yet allow the same corrupt leaders to be treated in the hospitals?

Again, the British OWE YOU NOTHING . . . THEY OWE NIgeria NOTHING. The country has every reason to want to start now or later stopping the children of corrupt individual seeking a haven on their soil, whenever it pleases them. They are definitely doing their part in the fight for a better life for their people . . . if Nigerians are affected one way or another, than one na another story. But the simple fact is the British Government can choose to go after family members of corrupt individuals if they chose.

Also, it is easier, and cheaper to go after the friends and family than to deny possibly life saving medicine to the same corrupt individuals.
Re: Britain May Bar Corrupt Politicians’ Children From British Schools by Fhemmmy: 2:48am On May 11, 2012
^^^ They are more than free to do whatever they want on their own soil, however, will wait to see them try it . . they need the corrupt money more than any other developed nation in the world.
But i do agree with you on one thing, that they owe Nigerian, Nigerians or even myself nothing.
But time will tell what they can do and if they are able to anything.
Re: Britain May Bar Corrupt Politicians’ Children From British Schools by Kobojunkie: 2:52am On May 11, 2012
^^^^They are free to allow more of that corruption money flow their way if they decide tomorrow that it benefits their economy to let it flow. Nigerians are allowing the money flow out freely, so why should they not get their own share of the freebie if it is in their interest?

Again, they owe Nigeria and Nigerians NOTHING . . so if Britain decides to welcome more of that loot to develop their Nation, that is their good, and Nigerians cannot do quem about that since Nigerians don't even stone to death the thieves that continue to steal from them korokoro.
Re: Britain May Bar Corrupt Politicians’ Children From British Schools by Nobody: 8:05am On May 11, 2012
This is going to be difficult though.

Ibori is a British citizen. Bankole is a British citizen.
Some of our state governors are also citizens for this same country.
By virtue of their citizenship their kids would most likely be nationals of that nation as well.

Are they REALLY going to stop their citizens from studying in their country??
Re: Britain May Bar Corrupt Politicians’ Children From British Schools by Nobody: 9:00am On May 11, 2012
Kobojunkie: ^^^^They are free to allow more of that corruption money flow their way if they decide tomorrow that it benefits their economy to let it flow. Nigerians are allowing the money flow out freely, so why should they not get their own share of the freebie if it is in their interest?

Again, they owe Nigeria and Nigerians NOTHING . . so if Britain decides to welcome more of that loot to develop their Nation, that is their good, and Nigerians cannot do quem about that since Nigerians don't even stone to death the thieves that continue to steal from them korokoro.

As a founding member of the Financial Action Task Force on Money Laundering (FATF), established by the G-7 Summit in 1989, the UK is not free to allow more corruption to flow its way, as you claim!
In case you do no know, it is precisely entities like FATF which prevent certain types of transnational financial transactions involving Nigeria from taking place (think Paypal).

No, you do not tear up agreed international conventions on whim, Madam.
Reasoning along these lines - even in a jocular manner - is conterintuitive at best, and ultimately a recipe for anarchy.
Your advocacy to have thieves in Nigeria stoned, even as corruption reigns in foreign jurisdictions, reeks of unfairness and is not what is expected from an enlightened mind angry

Latest FATF Report on Nigeria
Nigeria has taken steps towards improving its AML/CFT regime, including by enacting AML/CFT legislation. However, despite Nigeria’s high-level political commitment to work with the FATF and GIABA to address its strategic AML/CFT deficiencies, Nigeria has not made sufficient progress in implementing its action plan, and certain strategic deficiencies remain. Nigeria should work on addressing these deficiencies, including by: (1) adequately criminalising money laundering and terrorist financing (Recommendation 1 and Special Recommendation II); (2) implementing adequate procedures to identify and freeze terrorist assets (Special Recommendation III); (3) ensuring that relevant laws or regulations address deficiencies in customer due diligence requirements and that they apply to all financial institutions (Recommendation 5); and (4) continuing to improve the overall supervisory framework for AML/CFT (Recommendation 23). The FATF encourages Nigeria to address its remaining deficiencies and continue the process of implementing its action plan.
Re: Britain May Bar Corrupt Politicians’ Children From British Schools by Olaone1: 10:11am On May 11, 2012
Britain will NEVER do this.

It seems some NLanders don't understand how Western countries handle things.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Can Now Call The Acting Inspector-general Of Police-08059666666 / Governor Ikpeazu Sacks ASEPA, APUMA Bosses / FG Never Suspended Work At Osisioma Flyover, Says Abia Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.