Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,995 members, 7,880,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 12:32 PM

Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed (19079 Views)

Why We Attacked Kano - Boko Haram / Fresh Battle In Kano •boko Haram Attack, Burn Police Station / State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by LocalChamp: 2:14am On May 13, 2012
Yorubas disown Kano Boko Haram leader
By Kolade Adeyemi, Kano 2 hours 5 minutes ago
Font size:

Security operatives during the raid on Friday. Photo: Kolade Adeyemi
• Ogbomoso community also disowns him

The Yoruba in Kano and especially the Ogbomoso people yesterday denounced media reports which described a suspected operational commander of Boko Haram in the metropolis as a Yoruba from the Oyo State town.

Suleiman Mohammed, his wife and five children were arrested by the Joint Military Task Force (JTF) during a dawn raid on his residence at Farawa Quarters on Friday.

Ten crates of Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), one AK47 rifle and three pistols were recovered in his residence.

As soon as the various publications hit the newsstands yesterday, the Yoruba within and outside Kano began putting phone calls through to their contacts to ascertain the background of the suspect with no one able to confirm ever knowing him or his origin.

A group of concerned natives of Ogbomoso dismissed the reports as "suspicious and lacking in clarity".

Spokesman for the group, Mr Afolabi Omotoso, advised the security agencies to be thorough in their investigations and stop playing to the gallery.

"We are saying with all emphasis that there is no Ogbomoso indigene bearing that name. And if the security operatives doubt it, let them tell us the suspect’s family compound name. We demand for clarity of purpose from the security agencies", he said.

A source at the palace of the monarch of Ogbomoso who pleaded anonymity because he was not authorised to speak told The Nation on phone, "Since the news broke the palace has been inundated with calls and enquiries. However, our reaction for now is that we’ll want to know more about the suspect. Who is his father and from which compound or adugbo (ward) does he come from."

According to him, because a suspect claims he hails from a place is not enough to believe him. He called on security agencies to do their investigations well before making public information that would further divide the country and lead to disaffection.

Also, former secretary of the Yoruba community in Kano, who simply identified himself as Ojo for security reasons, said the suspect is not known to the group.

He said the Yoruba in the metropolis network very well and are reasonably familiar with one another adding that Suleiman Mohammed is not known to any member of the Yoruba community.

He said:"As far as we are concerned we do not know him. He is only claiming that he hails from Ogbomoso but there is a group, known as Ogbomoso Parapo. You can contact them at their secretariat on Church Road to confirm whether they know him but for the Yoruba parent body in Kano, we do not know him."

He said Suleiman’s alleged action is contrary to the Yoruba core values of religious tolerance, good neighbourliness, and peaceful co-existence.

"No business can be transacted in a chaotic atmosphere, that is why we are very surprised over his involvement in the sect’s activities and we are therefore looking forward to a comprehensive investigation over the incident so that the truth about the issue can be made public."

He particularly demanded the suspect’s Yoruba name to prove that he is actually one, saying : "The Yoruba community doubts his identity as a true Yoruba man. We are interested in knowing his Yoruba name."

In his reaction, the acting president of the Yoruba community in Kano, Prince Ajayi Memaiyetan said the suspect was never known to have participated in the activities of the group and was therefore not known to the community.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/46426-yorubas-disown-kano-boko-haram-leader.html
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by ektbear: 2:16am On May 13, 2012
An excellent response.
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by orufe: 2:22am On May 13, 2012
Good. I LOVE THE YORUBAS.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by 2mch(m): 2:43am On May 13, 2012
One thing these people don't understand is Yoruba culture. We are all traceable by family or compound names. No one can just come and say you are Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by tpia5: 2:44am On May 13, 2012
people are confusing internet/nl yoruba with real yoruba.

like the one who posted a picture of a ghanan in kente cloth and said because he saw the photo on a site titled yoruba, therefore the kente man is yoruba.

what logic. undecided
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by tpia5: 2:47am On May 13, 2012
2mch: One thing these people don't understand is Yoruba culture. We are all traceable by family or compound names. No one can just come and say you are Yoruba.

not only family and compound names, but also lineage.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Nobody: 2:55am On May 13, 2012
2mch: One thing these people don't understand is Yoruba culture. We are all traceable by family or compound names. No one can just come and say you are Yoruba.

You are right. If he is indeed a Yoruba man from Ogbomosho, I believe he should have a family name.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by BlackPikiN(m): 3:20am On May 13, 2012
Dnt people from the SW have Islamic names as surnames?

Because say he turn to bomber now.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by CyberG: 3:25am On May 13, 2012
This is VERY commendable indeed: it's good to see that these people are very tactful, wise and just too sophisticated that they even have not only disowned this guy (should he be from the Yoruba) but in fact dispute that he is NOT one of them and the security agencies should prove otherwise. Very nice!

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Beaf: 3:34am On May 13, 2012
He might or might not turn out to be Yoruba. As far as I am concerned, that is absolutely immaterial and of zero consequence; the simple fact is that a boko haram commander has been arrested. It is plainly id!otic to argue about that along ethnic lines.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by tpia5: 3:40am On May 13, 2012
CyberG: This is VERY commendable indeed: it's good to see that these people are very tactful, wise and just too sophisticated that they even have not only disowned this guy (should he be from the Yoruba) but in fact dispute that he is NOT one of them and the security agencies should prove otherwise. Very nice!

no need for long story, really.

all they're asking for is an explanation of his origins because no evidence exists for now, of his supposed yorubaness.

that's all.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Rhino5dm: 4:10am On May 13, 2012
[size=28pt] Yeah, Finally I won!! Where are those PDP prying monkeys trying everything possible to drag Yoruba name to their nonsense?[/size] Beaf!!!! Where art fucki'n thou?? ?? Fuckin' moro'n!. Wesley80 where da Bleep are YOU? All those PDP fucki'n bigots should come over here and defend their devilish plot to implicate south west in their bullsh!!t!!!. . .I'm giving you modufackers 10 minutes to come HERE!!!

I told them I'm awwwayyy above their schemings, I know where all these brouhaha is heading to. When you dine with the devil, you must apply logic.

Chronology of events-

-Beaf the known nairaland PDP puppet initiates an onslaught on Aregbesola a south west governor of Osun state (claiming he is an extremist, terrorist and all that). 70% of all the threads he initiated or commented on, in the last 7 months is about OSUN STATE!! . Just click on his posting hisory and figure out yourself.

-SSS invites Aregbesola and questioned him under the pretext of fighting terrorism(Osun state)

-Beaf came with another angle that Aregbesola is training terrorist in far away cuba, after taking summer class in terrorism from a north african country and did everything possible to feed his bunch of brainless followers with lies, that "Tuwan" millitia are boko haram cells. Aregbesola is a boko haram apologist.

-Two Yoruba prefessors and other 17 innocent people were killed in BUK while whorshipping in a chapel.

-A so-called Yoruba boko haram leader and high asset from Osun state was arrested in far away kano and the news went virulent over the internet and social networks.

Now, piece together the above!!! PDP vultures are planning to disintegrate south west by all means, because south west is the only threats giving them sleepless nights coupled with sheer incompetency of the central government. Afteral, they can still cook up magic numbers from other regions.

The next moves would have been linking Osun state governor to this boko haram character thus, using their dictatorial power to remove him from office and destroying the whole south western political structure.

Checkmate!!! cool

8 Likes

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Onlytruth(m): 4:23am On May 13, 2012
See as every Yoruba de run from the man. cheesy cheesy
If to say na coup de man do now come become head of state, dem go claim am sharp sharp. cheesy undecided
I just de laff.

De man na [b]dayokanu [/b]cousin. cool

6 Likes

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Rhino5dm: 4:25am On May 13, 2012
Fool.

Onlytruth: See as every Yoruba de run from the man. cheesy cheesy
If to say na coup de man do now come become head of state, dem go claim am sharp sharp. cheesy undecided
I just de laff.

De man na [b]dayokanu [/b]cousin. cool

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Onlytruth(m): 4:27am On May 13, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Fool.

Ya papa dia!
Na lie I talk?

1 Like

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by 9javoice1(m): 4:29am On May 13, 2012
What kind of response is this?

so our security agency will descend so low
to give yoruba group info about their job?

The issue is nothing to waste your time to defend.

what if they provide the full evidence backing the guy to be yoruba?
what then can they do? accept he is a terrorist, pay back all he has destroyed or what?

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Rhino5dm: 4:32am On May 13, 2012
Fool.

Onlytruth:

Ya papa dia!
Na lie I talk?

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Onlytruth(m): 4:34am On May 13, 2012

tpia@:

not only family and compound names, but also lineage.

This I found very spurious to say the least. One of the things I know Yorubas for is their tendency to have children almost anyhow and anywhere. It is common to see a married man with 4 wives and 5 baby mamas, some of who may never set foot in the man's compound. As a matter of fact, that is why the Abiola family had to conduct paternity test on all of Abiola's children before they could be part of his estate.
The tribe that can do the bolded in Nigeria is the Igbo. cool

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Nobody: 4:34am On May 13, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Fool.

You exhibit the character of a sadist, anu mpama. You need help. Go see a psychologist.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Onlytruth(m): 4:37am On May 13, 2012
Olodostein:

You exhibit the character of a sadist, anu mpama. You need help. Go see a psychologist.

Don't mind the dude. He lacks a simple sense of humor. I pity his type sometimes.
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Rhino5dm: 4:38am On May 13, 2012
Thesame type of evidence they provided when they are trying to link IBB with abuja bomb blast? " Dokpesi na we do am"? Or "lets meet at IBB campaign office to collect our balance"?. Don't make me laugh!!

9ja voice: What kind of response is this?

so our security agency will descend so low
to give yoruba group info about their job?

The issue is nothing to waste your time to defend.

what if they provide the full evidence backing the guy to be yoruba?
what then can they do? accept he is a terrorist, pay back all he has destroyed or what?
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by tpia5: 4:39am On May 13, 2012
onlytruth abi na onlydoubt

consider yourself educated by my post since you obviously know nothing about the yoruba.
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Rhino5dm: 4:40am On May 13, 2012
Fools.

Onlytruth:

Don't mind the dude. He lacks a simple sense of humor. I pity his type sometimes.

Olodostein:

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Onlytruth(m): 4:42am On May 13, 2012
tpia@:
onlytruth abi na onlydoubt

consider yourself educated by my post since you obviously know nothing about the yoruba.

Okay tpia, let's assume for a second that I know nothing about the Yoruba.
Are you saying that there are not MANY cases similar to the Abiola family's case in Yorubaland?
If you answer in the affirmative, then I would accept that I know nothing about Yoruba people.
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by CyberG: 4:42am On May 13, 2012
tpia@:

no need for long story, really.

all they're asking for is an explanation of his origins because no evidence exists for now, of his supposed yorubaness.

that's all.

I wonder why you quoted my post and it's very clear.
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Nobody: 4:44am On May 13, 2012
Onlytruth:

He is gone nuts. Eze, take it easy on him not to give him hypertension.
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Nobody: 4:45am On May 13, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Fools.

Whackjob.
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by tpia5: 4:45am On May 13, 2012
onlytrurh

in what way does what you are saying invalidate what i said?
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Onlytruth(m): 4:47am On May 13, 2012
Olodostein:

He is gone nuts. Eze, take it easy on him not to give him hypertension.

My brother, I've already stepped over him. Sometimes he and I are cool. I guess just not today.
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Onlytruth(m): 4:49am On May 13, 2012
tpia@:
onlytrurh

in what way does what you are saying invalidate what i said?

You said you could be traced by lineage and I wondered how, since sometimes you can't even say how many kids a man has, except all his baby mamas come to his compound, which rarely happens because the moment they step feet there, he adds them to the rest of his wives. My friend cannot even say how many kids his father has, and the man is very educated o. undecided

1 Like

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by tpia5: 4:51am On May 13, 2012
but your friend knows his father's lineage, right?
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Nobody: 4:52am On May 13, 2012
Yoruba's should not run away from the truth and deny responsibility of their own.

Is it why they 'appear indifferent" to this menace?

What goes around, comes around. The music is just starting.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. / Breaking:Malami Directs INEC To Postpone Elections In Zamfara / Pictures Of Ongoing Projects At ESUTH, College Of Medicine Igbo Eno, Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.