Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,063 members, 7,933,575 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 09:32 AM

Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed (19119 Views)

Why We Attacked Kano - Boko Haram / Fresh Battle In Kano •boko Haram Attack, Burn Police Station / State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Faheedat: 6:58pm On May 13, 2012
point of correction, OGBOMOSHO IS IN OYO STATE NOT OSUN
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 13, 2012
Faheedat: Seun,
if the reports is correct Let the security operatives release more information about the GUY now and i believe the CP in OYO state and all other security operatives would assist.
BUT IN THE HISTORY,YORUBA CANNOT LEAD OR ACT IN ANY CAPACITY FOR THE GROOP FROM ALL THE AVAILABLE RECORDS OF THIS COUNTRY.
Please i implore anybody that has a more reliable information should assist us
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

You need to get some education first before you come online to make a fool of yourself.
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by MrFire: 7:09pm On May 13, 2012
Story, Story. Yorubas always live in denial. Time will tell if this is one of such denials. The whole story will be out sooner than later.
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Tropilo(m): 7:22pm On May 13, 2012
You guys should allow the security operatives do their work, please!
My Yoruba brothers are only just uncomfortable that the suspect is claiming their lineage and i do not see anything wrong in trying to clarify the suspects proper identity and even if he ends up being a Yoruba man, its good he should be disowned cos no true son of a good heritage should accept someone who commits such heineus crimes, and this particularly should be what the Kanuris, Hausas, Falanis, Igbiras etc should do instead of keeping quiet and silently encouraging crime and criminality.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by ceejayluv(m): 7:53pm On May 13, 2012
Its possible he changed his yoruba name to Sulaimon Mohammed... Just as Cassius Clay changed to Mohammed Ali...
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 13, 2012
ceejayluv: Its possible he changed his yoruba name to Sulaimon Mohammed... Just as Cassius Clay changed to Mohammed Ali...

It is also possible that he is neither Yoruba nor even a Nigerian.
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by edicolove: 8:12pm On May 13, 2012
I am sorry to say but whoever made this response is a big f00l! There are things you don't need to respond to. It really didn't matter what tribe the guy is from, terrorists should be condemned by all! This attempt by the Yoruba community to deny this guy has caused more harm than good. Those coming here to say they have a record or some sort of magical database of all Yorubas are just dum!b. Yorubas are right now being born all around the world, how can you keep tab of them? Some have even lost their identity where they are. It is just ridiculous. The man is a terrorists. It matters not if he is Yoruba, Ibo, Ijaw or American. I guess some out of their foolishness have diverted the attention to the man's tribe and we are now back to square one. The likes of ekt_bear and co should be ashamed of themselves. Farrking illiterates!
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Rhino5dm: 8:14pm On May 13, 2012
I can see the devil's advocate is trying his luck on you?

Aigbofa:

It is also possible that he is neither Yoruba nor from even a Nigerian.
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by babsjnr(m): 8:20pm On May 13, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Why must Ibo bigots always populate every Yoruba thread? Bunch of low life losers!
Igbo on nl have stalking schizoaffective disorder they so obsessed with yoruba thread
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by asoebi(m): 8:27pm On May 13, 2012
Am not surprised that Igbos and yoruba are always on each others tail cos na fight for controversy.......... so lets see wat becomes of the two grin grin grin
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by 2mch(m): 8:34pm On May 13, 2012
No body is denying anything or anyone. The fact of the matter is that this person does not exist in the Ogbomosho community in Kano. That is the first point. The second point is the man doesn't know what state his hometown is? This is a very fradulent report and the Yoruba's have every right to challenge it. They have asked only that facts be produced about this guy but people are defensive. It is obvious there is a lot to hide here and something funny is going on. The Ogbomosho people have been living in peace in their host environment, and we all know Boko Haram is a creation of a certain set of people who we were promised would be revealed in 72 hrs. That 72hrs passed a week ago. Bullshit, Yoruba's are not a stupid set of people. When you want to justify anarchy in the region you make sure you have your best minds and be able to prove your findings. Yes, every Yoruba should be traceable to one house and have a family that can verify their existence.
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Tropilo(m): 8:34pm On May 13, 2012
@Peterkbaba: Nawa for you o!
I sure say if u de baf and soap fall from ur hand na either PDP, US or EU cos am.
If you trully think the way you have written in your two posts on this thread, you better re-evaluate your mode of "tort". I beg you, sir!
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 13, 2012
2mch: No body is denying anything or anyone. The fact of the matter is that this person does not exist in the Ogbomosho community in Kano. That is the first point. The second point is the man doesn't know what state his hometown is? This is a very fradulent report and the Yoruba's have every right to challenge it. They have asked only that facts be produced about this guy but people are defensive. It is obvious there is a lot to hide here and something funny is going on. The Ogbomosho people have been living in peace in their host environment, and we all know Boko Haram is a creation of a certain set of people who we were promised would be revealed in 72 hrs. That 72hrs passed a week ago. Bullshit, Yoruba's are not a stupid set of people. When you want to justify anarchy in the region you make sure you have your best minds and be able to prove your findings. Yes, every Yoruba should be traceable to one house and have a family that can verify their existence.

Thank you jare. Some people are more eager to pin this on Yorubas than to ask obvious questions!
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Rhino5dm: 8:46pm On May 13, 2012
Vanguard, Thisday are working for who? . . .How do they come about a bold headlines captioned "YORUBA BOKO HARAM LEADER ARRESTED"?, even without ascertaining properly his true identity?. After pionting out the lies in the reports, they quickly edit and re-edited the news. Scratch off the surface, bro.

Have you ever read anything like "Hausa boko haram leader arrested"? Or "IGBO boko haram leader arrested"?

We all know the PDP can fight dirty, more reasons their stup!d puppet is here to decieve the less informed. It is easy to see where all these brouhaha is heading to. Thank God for nairaland. The ride is not going to be smooth for the devil.

Tropilo: You guys should allow the security operatives do their work, please!
My Yoruba brothers are only just uncomfortable that the suspect is claiming their lineage and i do not see anything wrong in trying to clarify the suspects proper identity and even if he ends up being a Yoruba man, its good he should be disowned cos no true son of a good heritage should accept someone who commits such heineus crimes, and this particularly should be what the Kanuris, Hausas, Falanis, Igbiras etc should do instead of keeping quiet and silently encouraging crime and criminality.
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by sayusuf(m): 9:13pm On May 13, 2012
two questions pls...i need some clarification...
1-do you seriously think that there is no yoruba terrorist?...
2-you keep asking about his yoruba name...so u mean that whenever u heard yoruba name, you can traced his family nd his village.?...
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by aspabay(m): 9:41pm On May 13, 2012
Tribalism + Nepotism + Religious bigotry = Nairaland
I'm out. Mtcheeeew
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by nsiadi: 10:13pm On May 13, 2012
Oh wicked world! No money no friends. No money no "relations"
Please note that the fellow doesnt belong to any Yoruba meeting doesnt make him less a yoruba
Its unlikely that a bad fellow will go about joining Kparakpo meetings
Names cant even make a difference. Not these days when we try to modernis every thing
I came to know that Tai Solarin is same as Taiye Solarin.
Its naive to expect security operatives to respond by divulging the mans further details
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by edicolove: 10:21pm On May 13, 2012
2mch: No body is denying anything or anyone. The fact of the matter is that this person does not exist in the Ogbomosho community in Kano. That is the first point. The second point is the man doesn't know what state his hometown is? This is a very fradulent report and the Yoruba's have every right to challenge it. They have asked only that facts be produced about this guy but people are defensive. It is obvious there is a lot to hide here and something funny is going on. The Ogbomosho people have been living in peace in their host environment, and we all know Boko Haram is a creation of a certain set of people who we were promised would be revealed in 72 hrs. That 72hrs passed a week ago. Bullshit, Yoruba's are not a stupid set of people. When you want to justify anarchy in the region you make sure you have your best minds and be able to prove your findings. Yes, every Yoruba should be traceable to one house and have a family that can verify their existence.

I can't believe what am reading. Seriously? This is absolutely ridiculous! Are you telling me that yoruba leaders have control over the will of every Yoruba man or woman? This is amazing. The guy is a terrorist! If he is Yoruba, doesn't change anything. Sadam is from Saudi. Saudi's are not really known for violence, but that is life. Every individual can become who they want to be. Why are you playing God? This is palin stup!d. If Vanguard or the Nation decide to publish such a headline, it changes nothing. I know of many Yoruba muslims in Lagos who are sympathetic towards BH. You think they care what Tinubu or Aregbesola says? A mosque near my house kept defending BH when they started and a friend of mine had a hot argument with one of their imams then. They believed BH where figthing oppresion from Christians. That was their belief. People will always have different opinions. Why are you lot trying to defend the indefenceable? When BH finally goes down, you will see people from several tribes in it, I can bet on that.

No wonder some of you always come here saying ACN have complete control of the south west. There is never a time all men are going to agree on the same thing. ACN or PDP will never completely control the south west. One will be majority at a given time but it will always be divided. That's life. Claiming you know what every Yoruba man is capable of doing is trying to play God. You do not have such powers!

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Musiwa49: 10:33pm On May 13, 2012
from reading this story, you know there is lies in it. How can a man who claim to be a Yorubaman, not know if he is from Oyo state or Osun state..
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by igboboy1(m): 11:07pm On May 13, 2012
Story story, story. once upon a time, time time.

Yoruba and their stories..See denial of their brother. Na so we (all nigerians) claim a naija guy can never kill himself, when they com catch that farouk guy we were forced to eat our words..

Now Yoruba dey talk say no be their person be this o..But i know sooner or later a Yoruba pesin will turn suicide bomber..
Una no see d guy dem catch for lagos? He was bonafide Yoruba man but una go still deny that one.
Now dem don catch another of rauf aregbosalas agent in kano, Yoruba have denied this one...

OK O, dem say 3rd time is a charm. This time na Rauf or tinubu dem go catch, make i see how una go deny say these two no be Yoruba stock

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by vingar: 11:12pm On May 13, 2012
Yoruba ppl can't deny him if has a family name
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by vingar: 11:35pm On May 13, 2012
Your grandfather too is a terorist
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by MeGaStReEt: 11:42pm On May 13, 2012
Ha ha ha. Mr bomber, who be your papa? Answer your papa name oooo. O.Y.O lo wa
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by shizzle11(m): 12:16am On May 14, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Why must Ibo bigots always populate every Yoruba thread? Bunch of low life losers!

U r a c_oward
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Birniwa(m): 12:41am On May 14, 2012
Just because he turned out to be a bomber now the shameless Yorubas are denying his identity being a Yoruba. Yorubas are the second largest ethnic group being Muslims in Nigeria and they do all have their Islamic names, then why not this one? Be truthful to yourselves pls our Yoruba brothers!

1 Like

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by shizzle11(m): 12:45am On May 14, 2012
mimifonwon:

Okay this is one of the characteristic i hate in my people, turning your back on your own, just because they have committed an abomination etc. I Dont think any man will lie about his heritage like that, and why would he tell them his compound, so that they can go harass his left over family? I believe that you dont turn your back on your child no matter what they have done, you make them face the punishment that his or her crime brought. I also dont get why they arrested the children and wifey ati iya with him, what the hell. He committed the crime, not his mom or children. Anyways make God helps us all. Abúni ò tó abẹ̀rín; bẹ́ẹ̀ni abẹ̀rín ò mọ ẹ̀hìn ọ̀la. smiley Happy mothers day all, and stay blessed!

God bless u 4 nt aligning urself wt those retarded moronic bigots, bt his iyawo ati omo could b useful in d investigation or don't u fink so?
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by shizzle11(m): 12:47am On May 14, 2012
Birniwa: Just because he turned out to be a bomber now the shameless Yorubas are denying his identity being a Yoruba. Yorubas are the second largest ethnic group being Muslims in Nigeria and they do all have their Islamic names, then why not this one? Be truthful to yourselves pls our Yoruba brothers!
Well said bro!
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Beaf: 3:24am On May 14, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Vanguard, Thisday are working for who? . . .How do they come about a bold headlines captioned "YORUBA BOKO HARAM LEADER ARRESTED"?, even without ascertaining properly his true identity?. After pionting out the lies in the reports, they quickly edit and re-edited the news. Scratch off the surface, bro.

Have you ever read anything like "Hausa boko haram leader arrested"? Or "IGBO boko haram leader arrested"?

We all know the PDP can fight dirty, more reasons their stup!d puppet is here to decieve the less informed. It is easy to see where all these brouhaha is heading to. Thank God for nairaland. The ride is not going to be smooth for the devil.

You were obviously born a fool. This is the report from Tinubu's paper, The Nation. Does Tinubu hate Yoruba people too? Or is he "working" for "somebody?"
I am asking you, phucking boko haram apologist.

[size=14pt]Yoruba Boko Haram leader, wife, kids arrested[/size]
By Kolade Adeyemi, Kano 12/05/2012 04:35:00

A suspected high ranking operative of the Islamic sect, Boko Haram, his wife and five children were yesterday arrested by the Joint Military Task Force (JTF) in Kano.

Also seized during an early morning raid on his Farawa, Hotoro Quarters residence was a large quantity of explosive devices, guns and ammunition.

The suspect, Suleiman Mohammed, has been moved to Abuja for interrogation.

The Kano State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Idris, who confirmed the arrest was silent on the identity of the man and details of the seized items.

However, a source said the suspect is a Yoruba and the first individual from the South West to be linked with the sect.

The source said the seized items included 10 crates of improvised explosive devices (IEDs),1000 rounds of ammunition and three pistols.

Idris, who said the raid followed a tip-off, also showed reporters seven trucks of empty soft-drink cans mopped by his men as part of pre-emptive security measures.

Empty cans of drinks are used by the sect in manufacturing bombs.

He asked the public to “help us by destroying cans of these soft drinks after taking the content.”

He said a large quantity of empty cans was discovered at an uncompleted building on Tukur Road in the metropolis, “and intelligence reports reveal that those empty cans of soft drinks were kept there for nefarious purposes.

“Bomb experts will tell you how these enemies of the state can use these empty cans to make explosives if they are not destroyed after use.

“We have engaged in aggressive campaign to the general public, hotels and restaurants to ensure that these empty cans are destroyed and disposed off immediately after use, so as to curtail the activities of these people.”

The Commissioner of Police also hinted that security agencies were monitoring the sale and distribution of assorted chemicals and fertilizers.

“What we are doing is to ensure that those who buy these products are using them legitimately. Where we find that they are not, we arrest them and confiscate the products,” he said.

Idris also confirmed to reporters the killing of a revenue officer who was shot by two unknown gun men on a motorbike at Gadon Kaya, BUK Road yesterday morning while coming out of his house.

Police are on the trail of the assailants, the Commissioner added.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/46303-yoruba-boko-haram-leader-wife-kids-arrested.html

1 Like

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by tpia5: 4:05am On May 14, 2012
sayusuf:

you keep asking about his yoruba name...so u mean that whenever u heard yoruba name, you can traced his family nd his village.?...

yes, sweetie!!!!!
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by phreakabit(m): 6:23am On May 14, 2012
Faheedat: point of correction, OGBOMOSHO IS IN OYO YORUBA STATE NOT OSUN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jonathan Is Behind Rivers Crisis - Tinubu / Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 / Reno Omokri: How Suleiman Abba's Poor Memory Exposed His Own Lies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.