Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,842 members, 7,966,128 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 09:40 AM

Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed (19164 Views)

Why We Attacked Kano - Boko Haram / Fresh Battle In Kano •boko Haram Attack, Burn Police Station / State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Nobody: 7:48am On May 13, 2012
@Globe, I can not understand you! The man is Yorube, fine! Then what? Should we now go about arresting all Yoruba people we see on the road now or should we just start shooting at any Yoruba man on the street because of this? What are you suggesting?
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by MrGlobe(m): 8:04am On May 13, 2012
cogitoErgo: @Globe, I can not understand you! The man is Yorube, fine! Then what? Should we now go about arresting all Yoruba people we see on the road now or should we just start shooting at any Yoruba man on the street because of this? What are you suggesting?
that is the problem. Some people are cornily trying to do away with the yeruba heritage of the man. We must ALL accept the obvious which is, the man is from ogbomosho so we can move on from there. There has been this stereotyping hausas with terrorism. Maybe we should beam our searchlights somewhere else and see how to stop terrorism in Nigeria from the roots. You remember the case of muttalab. If some people are easily gullible to terrorism then thats a new problem we must fight. The security agencies know better
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Gbawe: 8:05am On May 13, 2012
To be honest, I really don't see the big deal here and I think Nairaland has deeply affected the perception of many. What if the suspect is Yoruba? Any Yoruba person , or indeed human being, comfortable with the concept that there is good and bad in everyone will not be too bothered.

Yorubas are only making a fuss here because of the ribbing you think you will get from the stupid ethnic bigots here. You have let them put you on the defensive and define your reaction. I urge some people to begin thinking like adult and rising above filth. Don't be like the juvenile delinquents here who say every member of their ethnic groups are saints yet we see how reality makes a mockery of this thereby making those fools look like little kids with no place in an adult world.

Of course if he is not Yoruba then that information is relevant and should come out but Yoruba folks should refuse to fall for the bait of the m.o.r.on.ic bigots on nairaland who will want to make out that this development is proof of anything. It is not and well-adjusted adults would know that.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Yeske2(m): 8:06am On May 13, 2012
Mr. Globe:

that is the problem. Some people are cornily trying to do away with the yeruba heritage of the man. We must ALL accept the obvious which is, the man is from ogbomosho so we can move on from there. There has been this stereotyping hausas with terrorism. Maybe we should beam our searchlights somewhere else and see how to stop terrorism in Nigeria from the roots. You remember the case of muttalab. If some people are easily gullible to terrorism then thats a new problem we must fight. The security agencies know better
Exactly my view.
Denial of his heritage wouldn't change anything.
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by lagcity(m): 8:25am On May 13, 2012
Mr. Globe:

oh really? ok. let's us beam our torchlight on that IBO BOKO HARAM guy who was captured and we haven't heard from him since the. don't you think that's more mysterious?
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Nobody: 8:29am On May 13, 2012
I dont thnk hausas are being stereotype! its just that this bombing of a thng flourish well among them and they seem to encourage it a lot, even the yorubas and the igbos that have been caught were caught in the midst of the hausas and those yorubas may have been born and bred among the hausas and may not even kno the road to their place again. If you talk to the children of this so called yoruba boko, they may not be able to speak a word of yoruba at all!
For the record, I kno of an Igbo guy who was born and bred in Jammare, Bauchi State, the guy only went home to Anambra when Boko gave three days ultimatum, according to him, he was not recon with at home because he behaved like a typical hausaman!
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Ufeolorun(m): 9:12am On May 13, 2012
2mch: One thing these people don't understand is Yoruba culture. We are all traceable by family or compound names. No one can just come and say you are Yoruba.
True talk,I knew they would have to prove their assertion.
There's this proverb,I can't,remember. Its about the reason you give a child a name is to be able to identify his family compound when he does something wrong or to discourage wrongdoing sha.
The people are asking for his Yoruba name.

That's the beauty of the monarchy,all they need is to go to the obas palace to verify his family background.If the Soun or any of his junior Obas can't confirm at least one of his Baales would be able to Lol

Anways,am still trying to come to terms with the whole idea of BH sha.I feel the whole talk is soggybeans

1 Like

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by hakanai(m): 9:21am On May 13, 2012
Why all the quarreling?The JTF has not clearly stated how they got the information about his origin.Its also may be possible the have got credible facts to go public with this information.Than to quarrel over this,we should be glad atleast government is making giant strives to apprehend key figures within the BH camp.We shouldn't be troubled about ethnicity.This thing is about ideology.There silly commanders/leaders have thought this people and misdirected there thoughts.This BH group is not a tribe.
The way i see it is like rev. King and his followers.Regardless of his actions his followers still believe he did the right thing.Before he was caught it is obvious his religious denomination would have had people in all works of life and of different ethnicity.
That explains the different tribes coincidentally involved in this group.Even within the BH movement alot of original followers may have dumped the movement after it went violent and some have also left along the line as if became a bigger issue and more dangerous.While others may have indeed turn violent and also maintained an ideology that they are at war with the Nigerian state and any opposition.
Anyway i just appreciate the effort to disown the member by the yoruba folks.If he turns out to be a member,the yorubas should not beat themselves over it.In every twelve,there is always a judas.You can't account for all yorubas and you can't assume that all yorubas are free of many criminal activities out there.That said in alot of locations across the north.some Non-Northerners have being apprehended with links to BH and as such is not the issue.From suppliers to host and field operatives.lets just be happy security is gradually waking up and progress is being made.
Also abeg let this be cleared facts and not another Dokepsi stunt or PDP against ACN publicity stunt o!.As is sad when you begin to believe and then later you feel played by the government.I will not be surprise if the government is lying sha!
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by sheyguy: 9:23am On May 13, 2012
Thank you Gbawe, most yoruba and neutral folks here are being manipulated by the usual bigots and O'dua haters(O-haters).
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Ufeolorun(m): 9:28am On May 13, 2012
Nope its an issue,he should be verified and severely chastised and denied if true.
People you should be concerned it maybe a ploy to justify bombing in the Sw.
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by manchy7531: 9:28am On May 13, 2012
@tpia@ and 2mch if truely u guys can trace urself frm house even down to linage,what of those homeless bastard yoruba almajiris roaming the streets of lagos who grow up under the bridge to become agbero or arm rubber at a very young age?u guys should learn to accept thing.the boko guy is a yorubaman.take it or leave it.they will start bombing ilorin to enter oshogbo to saki to ibadan to abeokuta to ikeja and then consume the whole of ACN states.
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Nobody: 9:33am On May 13, 2012
LocalChamp: Yorubas disown Kano Boko Haram leader
By Kolade Adeyemi, Kano 2 hours 5 minutes ago
Font size:

Security operatives during the raid on Friday. Photo: Kolade Adeyemi
• Ogbomoso community also disowns him

The Yoruba in Kano and especially the Ogbomoso people yesterday denounced media reports which described a suspected operational commander of Boko Haram in the metropolis as a Yoruba from the Oyo State town.

Suleiman Mohammed, his wife and five children were arrested by the Joint Military Task Force (JTF) during a dawn raid on his residence at Farawa Quarters on Friday.

Ten crates of Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), one AK47 rifle and three pistols were recovered in his residence.

As soon as the various publications hit the newsstands yesterday, the Yoruba within and outside Kano began putting phone calls through to their contacts to ascertain the background of the suspect with no one able to confirm ever knowing him or his origin.

A group of concerned natives of Ogbomoso dismissed the reports as "suspicious and lacking in clarity".

Spokesman for the group, Mr Afolabi Omotoso, advised the security agencies to be thorough in their investigations and stop playing to the gallery.

"We are saying with all emphasis that there is no Ogbomoso indigene bearing that name. And if the security operatives doubt it, let them tell us the suspect’s family compound name. We demand for clarity of purpose from the security agencies", he said.

A source at the palace of the monarch of Ogbomoso who pleaded anonymity because he was not authorised to speak told The Nation on phone, "Since the news broke the palace has been inundated with calls and enquiries. However, our reaction for now is that we’ll want to know more about the suspect. Who is his father and from which compound or adugbo (ward) does he come from."

According to him, because a suspect claims he hails from a place is not enough to believe him. He called on security agencies to do their investigations well before making public information that would further divide the country and lead to disaffection.

Also, former secretary of the Yoruba community in Kano, who simply identified himself as Ojo for security reasons, said the suspect is not known to the group.

He said the Yoruba in the metropolis network very well and are reasonably familiar with one another adding that Suleiman Mohammed is not known to any member of the Yoruba community.

He said:"As far as we are concerned we do not know him. He is only claiming that he hails from Ogbomoso but there is a group, known as Ogbomoso Parapo. You can contact them at their secretariat on Church Road to confirm whether they know him but for the Yoruba parent body in Kano, we do not know him."

He said[b] Suleiman’s alleged action is contrary to the Yoruba core values of religious tolerance, good neighbourliness, and peaceful co-existence. [/b]

"No business can be transacted in a chaotic atmosphere, that is why we are very surprised over his involvement in the sect’s activities and we are therefore looking forward to a comprehensive investigation over the incident so that the truth about the issue can be made public."

He particularly demanded the suspect’s Yoruba name to prove that he is actually one, saying : "The Yoruba community doubts his identity as a true Yoruba man. We are interested in knowing his Yoruba name."

In his reaction, the acting president of the Yoruba community in Kano, Prince Ajayi Memaiyetan said the suspect was never known to have participated in the activities of the group and was therefore not known to the community.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/46426-yorubas-disown-kano-boko-haram-leader.html

When the full identity of this guy is unravelled,then I will comment.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Nobody: 9:33am On May 13, 2012
Font size:

The Yoruba in Kano and especially the Ogbomoso people yesterday denounced media reports which described a suspected operational commander of Boko Haram in the metropolis as a Yoruba from the Oyo State town.

Suleiman Mohammed, his wife and five children were arrested by the Joint Military Task Force (JTF) during a dawn raid on his residence at Farawa Quarters on Friday.

Ten crates of Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), one AK47 rifle and three pistols were recovered in his residence.

As soon as the various publications hit the newsstands yesterday, the Yoruba within and outside Kano began putting phone calls through to their contacts to ascertain the background of the suspect with no one able to confirm ever knowing him or his origin.

A group of concerned natives of Ogbomoso dismissed the reports as "suspicious and lacking in clarity".

Spokesman for the group, Mr Afolabi Omotoso, advised the security agencies to be thorough in their investigations and stop playing to the gallery.

"We are saying with all emphasis that there is no Ogbomoso indigene bearing that name. And if the security operatives doubt it, let them tell us the suspect’s family compound name. We demand for clarity of purpose from the security agencies", he said.

A source at the palace of the monarch of Ogbomoso who pleaded anonymity because he was not authorised to speak told The Nation on phone, "Since the news broke the palace has been inundated with calls and enquiries. However, our reaction for now is that we’ll want to know more about the suspect. Who is his father and from which compound or adugbo (ward) does he come from."

According to him, because a suspect claims he hails from a place is not enough to believe him. He called on security agencies to do their investigations well before making public information that would further divide the country and lead to disaffection.

Also, former secretary of the Yoruba community in Kano, who simply identified himself as Ojo for security reasons, said the suspect is not known to the group.

He said the Yoruba in the metropolis network very well and are reasonably familiar with one another adding that Suleiman Mohammed is not known to any member of the Yoruba community.

He said:"As far as we are concerned we do not know him. He is only claiming that he hails from Ogbomoso but there is a group, known as Ogbomoso Parapo. You can contact them at their secretariat on Church Road to confirm whether they know him but for the Yoruba parent body in Kano, we do not know him."

He said Suleiman’s alleged action is contrary to the Yoruba core values of religious tolerance, good neighbourliness, and peaceful co-existence.

"No business can be transacted in a chaotic atmosphere, that is why we are very surprised over his involvement in the sect’s activities and we are therefore looking forward to a comprehensive investigation over the incident so that the truth about the issue can be made public."

He particularly demanded the suspect’s Yoruba name to prove that he is actually one, saying : "The Yoruba community doubts his identity as a true Yoruba man. We are interested in knowing his Yoruba name."

In his reaction, the acting president of the Yoruba community in Kano, Prince Ajayi Memaiyetan said the suspect was never known to have participated in the activities of the group and was therefore not known to the community.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/46426-yorubas-disown-kano-boko-haram-leader.html
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by sheyguy: 9:33am On May 13, 2012
As for the Yoruba group that disowned the terrorist, i say to you guys "nice move", let the sss/govt agencies prove their point instead of all these cheap politics of blackmail. We all know how pdp has nothing to offer again. They are only interested in protect and pursuing their own selfish interest.
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Gbawe: 9:38am On May 13, 2012
sheyguy: Thank you Gbawe, most yoruba and neutral folks here are being manipulated by the usual bigots and O'dua haters(O-haters).

My brother, too many react before they think. Below is a classic example. A Ghanaian who is always negative about Nigerians came here after the bomb attempt of Abdulmutallab to gloat because he thought he saw an opportunity to show that every bad thing is Nigerian and never to do with 'saintly' Ghanaians.

https://www.nairaland.com/371719/nigerian-man-attempts-detonate-explosive/27

Shesi wrote:
hahaha, i wake up at 4 am and guess what i see on the news? "Breaking News: Man identified as nigerian national"

lol, oh nigerians. your wahala is too much. lol.

i better stop coming to this site sef before i am put on a no fly list.

My reply used fact to show the childish fool that even his own fellow Ghanaian had been engaged in an act of terrorism in demonstrating what all well-adjusted adults know about humanity i.e there is good and bad in everyone. Best to ignore the children who don't understand that basic concept. Some only show they are not living in the real world with their bigoted and childish utterances.

Gbawe wrote:

Trust you to appear on this thread to display your predictable and hypocritical myopia driven by a hatred of Nigeria and a need to constantly blacken Nigerians !!! Have you forgotten that a Ghanaian was involved in a suicide bombing plot in the UK ? It never fails to amaze me how repellent Ghanaians like yourself scour the net looking for bad news about Nigeria to jubilate over . Sadly for you , many of us are well read enough to know that whatever Nigerians have done others have done it too. Even if they want to pretend they are as white as snow. Nigerians differ to others with how we are not into self-deciet to the extent of pontificating that others are criminals whil we fool ourselves that we are saints. I hope You will stop coming to this site as you hint. Folks like you contribute nothing other than bias and prejudice.

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/diaspora/artikel.php?ID=122596
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by doofanc: 9:40am On May 13, 2012
I really have to wonder why, at this point at least, the security agents deemed it wise to reveal his state of origin (as alleged). Were they not aware of the needless distraction it will cause?

I would have thought that since most people would automatically believed the guy to be of Northern heritage, the agencies should have played along.
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by sheyguy: 9:42am On May 13, 2012
manchy7531: @tpia@ and 2mch if truely u guys can trace urself frm house even down to linage,what of those homeless bastard yoruba almajiris roaming the streets of lagos who grow up under the bridge to become agbero or arm rubber at a very young age?u guys should learn to accept thing.the boko guy is a yorubaman.take it or leave it.they will start bombing ilorin to enter oshogbo to saki to ibadan to abeokuta to ikeja and then consume the whole of ACN states.
u r not making sense dude, how many of those tout in lagos can point to their compound or clan in any yoruba land. A sapele from Delta state guy that can speak yoruba fluently in lagos does not equate to a yoruba man who is a non-lagosian. . .
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Beaf: 9:45am On May 13, 2012
All I will keep saying about this matter, is that it doesn't matter where the man comes from. He could be Isoko or Itsekiri, it wouldn't matter in the least bit to me.
Defending a terrorist based on his ethnicity is a very primitive thing to do. Poking ethnic jibes at because of a terrorists ethnicity is a very primitive thing as well.

Let us wait for the full details to come out. If the man finally turns out to be Yoruba, so what? Simply disown him and move on. If he turns out not to be Yoruba, let his people disown him too.

The ethnically defensive arguments being put forward here are childish and smack of the beginnings of an ochestrated campaign by those who know more about boko haram than they are letting on. NL is a big place where all sorts congregate. Lets not forget that.

Again, the mans ethnic group is of zero consequence. A terrorist is a terrorist.
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Beaf: 9:48am On May 13, 2012
Gbawe: To be honest, I really don't see the big deal here and I think Nairaland has deeply affected the perception of many. What if the suspect is Yoruba? Any Yoruba person , or indeed human being, comfortable with the concept that there is good and bad in everyone will not be too bothered.

Yorubas are only making a fuss here because of the ribbing you think you will get from the stupid ethnic bigots here. You have let them put you on the defensive and define your reaction. I urge some people to begin thinking like adult and rising above filth. Don't be like the juvenile delinquents here who say every member of their ethnic groups are saints yet we see how reality makes a mockery of this thereby making those fools look like little kids with no place in an adult world.

Of course if he is not Yoruba then that information is relevant and should come out but Yoruba folks should refuse to fall for the bait of the m.o.r.on.ic bigots on nairaland who will want to make out that this development is proof of anything. It is not and well-adjusted adults would know that.

Daddy! O-15kw! grin
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by aljharem(m): 9:51am On May 13, 2012
Chai !!! Beaf always in illogical and very very biased.

I remember the early days of Boko haram, you use to call it a northern group supported by northerners to destabilise GEJ. Now the man happen to be from Ogbomosho, it is another thing.

@ Gbawe, You are very correct

I always knew from day ONE that Boko haram was NOT northern but an Issue affect the country, Of course the Igbos and Beaf were quick to say otherwise.

just watch as they now say it is Yoruba and Hausa.
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by aljharem(m): 9:53am On May 13, 2012
Boko haram members found so far

1. Kanuri

2. Igbo from Imo

3. Hausa

4. Ebira

5. Nupe

Still counting
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Gbawe: 10:01am On May 13, 2012
alj harem: Chai !!! Beaf always in illogical and very very biased.

I remember the early days of Boko haram, you use to call it a northern group supported by northerners to destabilise GEJ. Now the man happen to be from Ogbomosho, it is another thing.

@ Gbawe, You are very correct

I always knew from day ONE that Boko haram was NOT northern but an Issue affect the country, Of course the Igbos and Beaf were quick to say otherwise.

just watch as they now say it is Yoruba and Hausa.

The current Boko Haram is just very potent because it has been made so by politics. Specifically PDP politics. Did Yar Adua, A Northerner, not descend ruthlessly on Boko Haram at a time the PDP had not settled on the group as a tool to fight other PDP members?

Abeg the current Boko Haram wahala is PDP's 'gift' to Nigeria. Wole Soyinka did not call them a "nest of killers" for nothing. The Party is a congregation ground for killers ,from every region, desperate for stupendous wealth and power. They will do anything to gain those things.
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by aljharem(m): 10:04am On May 13, 2012
Gbawe:

The current Boko Haram is just very potent because it has been made so by politics. Specifically PDP politics. Did Yar Adua, A Northerner, not descend ruthlessly on Boko Haram at a time the PDP had not settled on the group as a tool to fight other PDP members?

Abeg the current Boko Haram wahala is PDP's 'gift' to Nigeria. Wole Soyinka did not call them a "nest of killers" for nothing. The Party is a congregation ground for killers ,from every region, desperate for stupendous wealth and power. They will do anything to gain those things.

I know so as well, Boko haram was formed from the fight happening between PDP fractions.

Really I can't wait for APGA, CPC OR ACN win PDP out of the federal government.

PDP plays politics with human lifes. Very sad, Till today I can't still believe my family members are still top dogs in this same party.
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Gbawe: 10:05am On May 13, 2012
haka_nai: Why all the quarreling?The JTF has not clearly stated how they got the information about his origin.Its also may be possible the have got credible facts to go public with this information.Than to quarrel over this,we should be glad atleast government is making giant strives to apprehend key figures within the BH camp.We shouldn't be troubled about ethnicity.This thing is about ideology.There silly commanders/leaders have thought this people and misdirected there thoughts.This BH group is not a tribe.
The way i see it is like rev. King and his followers.Regardless of his actions his followers still believe he did the right thing.Before he was caught it is obvious his religious denomination would have had people in all works of life and of different ethnicity.
That explains the different tribes coincidentally involved in this group.Even within the BH movement alot of original followers may have dumped the movement after it went violent and some have also left along the line as if became a bigger issue and more dangerous.While others may have indeed turn violent and also maintained an ideology that they are at war with the Nigerian state and any opposition.
Anyway i just appreciate the effort to disown the member by the yoruba folks.If he turns out to be a member,the yorubas should not beat themselves over it.In every twelve,there is always a judas.You can't account for all yorubas and you can't assume that all yorubas are free of many criminal activities out there.That said in alot of locations across the north.some Non-Northerners have being apprehended with links to BH and as such is not the issue.From suppliers to host and field operatives.lets just be happy security is gradually waking up and progress is being made.
Also abeg let this be cleared facts and not another Dokepsi stunt or PDP against ACN publicity stunt o!.As is sad when you begin to believe and then later you feel played by the government.I will not be surprise if the government is lying sha!

100% correct.
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by kayusbrown(m): 10:05am On May 13, 2012
Anyone, regardless of his/her tribe or origin, that believes and practices strictly the Yoruba philosophy of ''Omoluabi'' will be an epitome of righteousness. Being a Yoruba by tribe or origin doesn't make you an automatic ''Omoluabi'' unless you believe and practice this philosophy strictly. We've seen politicians of Yoruba origin, who are not ''Omoluabi'' steal public funds and exhibit other characters contrary to this Yoruba philosophy cos their chosen philosophy is materialism and hedonism! It is therefore possible Suleiman Mohammed is of Yoruba origin but of Boko Haram philosophy! QED.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by aljharem(m): 10:08am On May 13, 2012
kayusbrown: Anyone, regardless of his/her tribe or origin, that believes and practices strictly the Yoruba philosophy of ''Omoluabi'' will be an epitome of righteousness. Being a Yoruba by tribe or origin doesn't make you an automatic ''Omoluabi'' unless you believe and practice this philosophy strictly. We've seen politicians of Yoruba origin, who are not ''Omoluabi'' steal public funds and exhibit other characters contrary to this Yoruba philosophy cos their chosen philosophy is materialism and hedonism! It is therefore possible Suleiman Mohammed is of Yoruba origin but of Boko Haram philosophy! QED.

Thank you jare. That is what most people are yet to understand
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Gbawe: 10:11am On May 13, 2012
kayusbrown: Anyone, regardless of his/her tribe or origin, that believes and practices strictly the Yoruba philosophy of ''Omoluabi'' will be an epitome of righteousness. Being a Yoruba by tribe or origin doesn't make you an automatic ''Omoluabi'' unless you believe and practice this philosophy strictly. We've seen politicians of Yoruba origin, who are not ''Omoluabi'' steal public funds and exhibit other characters contrary to this Yoruba philosophy cos their chosen philosophy is materialism and hedonism! It is therefore possible Suleiman Mohammed is of Yoruba origin but of Boko Haram philosophy! QED.

Simple. Even in the wider context of humanity, all sane adults know the difference between right and wrong. Yet many adults will embrace criminality and deviancy as a personal choice. Even if this chap is Yoruba, how does that take anything away from the many Yoruba folks who have and continue to contribute postively to humanity?

1 Like

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Afam4eva(m): 10:29am On May 13, 2012
Was the fuss about this boko haram guy being Yoruba? And why are you guys asking for his family compound to assertain his Yorubaness. Why did you not ask same of the numerous so-called northern bokoharamist that could be from Niger and Lake Chad. But you label all of them Hausa. Are there no Yoruba rapists, Robbers, kidnappers? Why is this any different. There are good and bad people in every society, so accept it and move on. If tomorrow the catch a boko haram guy from Enugu state, how does that affect me? I'm me and he is him. That we're both Igbos does not makes us to act, talk and behave in the same manner. Everyone was brought up in a different way and are shaped by the society they live in. To me, what will make news is if a Yoruba terrorist is caught in Ibadan or Abeokuta and not one that has lived in the north his entire life.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by Nobody: 10:36am On May 13, 2012
afam4eva: Was the fuss about this boko haram guy being Yoruba? And why are you guys asking for his family compound to assertain his Yorubaness. Why did you not ask same of the numerous so-called northern bokoharamist that could be from Niger and Lake Chad. But you label all of them Hausa. Are there no Yoruba rapists, Robbers, kidnappers? Why is this any different. There are good and bad people in every society, so accept it and move on. If tomorrow the catch a boko haram guy from Enugu state, how does that affect me? I'm me and he is him. That we're both Igbos does not makes us to act, talk and behave in the same manner. Everyone was brought up in a different way and are shaped by the society they live in. To me, what will make news is if a Yoruba terrorist is caught in Ibadan or Abeokuta and not one that has lived in the north his entire life.

Yorubas are known to be religion tolerance and if something like this begins to happen,we need to ascertain what went wrong.That is why I'm waiting for the security to tell us if truly the guy is what they claimed he's or not.If he is,then it's a dangerous trend for the yorubas as a group.
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by hakanai(m): 11:02am On May 13, 2012
Gbawe:

Simple. Even in the wider context of humanity, all sane adults know the difference between right and wrong. Yet many adults will embrace criminality and deviancy as a personal choice. Even if this chap is Yoruba, how does that take anything away from the many Yoruba folks who have and continue to contribute postively to humanity?

^^^ Beats me.It's about dealing with it and ensuring it is tackled and not repeated again.
Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by mimifonwon(f): 11:11am On May 13, 2012
Font size:

He said Suleiman’s alleged action is contrary to the Yoruba core values of religious tolerance, good neighbourliness, and peaceful co-existence.

Okay this is one of the characteristic i hate in my people, turning your back on your own, just because they have committed an abomination etc. I Dont think any man will lie about his heritage like that, and why would he tell them his compound, so that they can go harass his left over family? I believe that you dont turn your back on your child no matter what they have done, you make them face the punishment that his or her crime brought. I also dont get why they arrested the children and wifey ati iya with him, what the hell. He committed the crime, not his mom or children. Anyways make God helps us all. Abúni ò tó abẹ̀rín; bẹ́ẹ̀ni abẹ̀rín ò mọ ẹ̀hìn ọ̀la. smiley Happy mothers day all, and stay blessed!

1 Like

Re: Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed by hakanai(m): 11:14am On May 13, 2012
afam4eva: Was the fuss about this boko haram guy being Yoruba? And why are you guys asking for his family compound to assertain his Yorubaness. Why did you not ask same of the numerous so-called northern bokoharamist that could be from Niger and Lake Chad. But you label all of them Hausa. Are there no Yoruba rapists, Robbers, kidnappers? Why is this any different. There are good and bad people in every society, so accept it and move on. If tomorrow the catch a boko haram guy from Enugu state, how does that affect me? I'm me and he is him. That we're both Igbos does not makes us to act, talk and behave in the same manner. Everyone was brought up in a different way and are shaped by the society they live in. To me, what will make news is if a Yoruba terrorist is caught in Ibadan or Abeokuta and not one that has lived in the north his entire life.
^^^^ Reasonable talk my brother.the same way Northerners feel about this group and how they feel when they can't understand why someone acts like BH or others think everyone is supportive,simply because they are from the Hausa,Kanuri or from the north.People are disappointed and worried but little is given to them to express themselves against the BH menace.If you speak against them the next thing you hear is you are a covert apologist and it's a public show off with a hidden motive.You keep quiet and try to minimize criticism and go about your business/shack your panadol.some dunce comes out to say you have not condemned it or volunteer information.How about you didn't know or hardly were there.Did the yorubas get prior information or did they ever know about his plans until he is caught or action hatched.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos: Jonathan Receiving His Honorary Doctorate Degrees From Bingham Universit / Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose / We’ve Nothing To Do With Davido Or Sen. Adeleke’s Accounts Says EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.