Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,689 members, 7,975,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 09:56 AM

Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) (32426 Views)

Ijaw Youths Criticize Buhari’s Comment On Termination Of Amnesty / A Nairalander's Comment In Politics Makes A Full Page Advert In The Guardian / GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by ceah(m): 11:15am On May 19, 2012
KINGwax: whatever your 'kari' carry, i'm sure those four words do not mean those very long translation! How can that be that small 'kari jini, bini jini' means all these, 'there's going to be a fierce contest where both party work very hard?' pls let go jare. U all dey vex people

Do u know the meaning of a proverb sir ?
Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by Beaf: 11:15am On May 19, 2012
ceah:

You must know how Kabiru Sokoto writes OGA RENO...

Don't u have better things to do in Aso Rock...

Oh! Sorry I forgot this is your JOB ....

Daft.

You can even convince yourself that I'm Obama, it wouldn't change the fact that you and Buhari are just versions of Kabiru Sokoto.

Vermin.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by jmaine: 11:16am On May 19, 2012
ceah:

Does my statement conot that GEJ thinks and write good or bad....I said "They all think and write like OGA GEJ"... For you to have taken this statement out of context it say so much about why we remain the way we are today...I pray you don't sell your generation to luck...

Abeg keep shut jor . . .Your hidden mischief in that sentence was clearly discernible . . . and i pray you don't lose your entire generation by incurring bloodshed of the innocent via the trigger, daggers,clubs and cudgels of the dogs and baboon . . .

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by Nobody: 11:26am On May 19, 2012
and the moral of everything is; nigerians are not as educated as they claim!
people don't seem to know the difference between literal and figurative meanings!
my advice to foreigners on this forum; when next you engage into any form of communication with nigerians,be carefule not to say things like; it rained cats and dogs,give a dog a bad name to hang it,lions and goats can't be in the same room etc. nigerians (especially those from the niger-dullta) might just interprete it for its literal meaning.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by ceah(m): 11:27am On May 19, 2012
Beaf:

Daft.

You can even convince yourself that I'm Obama, it wouldn't change the fact that you and Buhari are just versions of Kabiru Sokoto.

Vermin.

OGA RENO...I am sorry...
You cannot be OBAMA...You can only be who you are...
With due respect to your position in Aso Rock, I beg you to ask OGA GEJ to arrest and prosecute all the ppl on the list he has refused to release...
And Pls OGA Reno your boss promise us everything will end by June...we are counting on you...

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by ceah(m): 11:29am On May 19, 2012
jmaine:

Abeg keep shut jor . . .Your hidden mischief in that sentence was clearly discernible . . . and i pray you don't lose your entire generation by incurring bloodshed of the innocent via the trigger, daggers,clubs and cudgels of the dogs and baboon . . .

Jmaine - The Decernitologist.... grin grin grin cool lipsrsealed
Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by jmaine: 11:30am On May 19, 2012
torkaka: and the moral of everything is; nigerians are not as educated as they claim!
people don't seem to know the difference between literal and figurative meanings!
my advice to foreigners on this forum; when next you engage into any form of communication with nigerians,be carefule not to say things like; it rained cats and dogs,give a dog a bad name to hang it,lions and goats can't be in the same room etc. nigerians (especially those from the niger-dullta) might just interprete it for its literal meaning.

Go to the core -North and educate your almajiris and barely literate populace about your insightful beneficial point . .cos if you did this before the polls . .those innocent brutally murdered serving Youth Corp members would have being alive to benefit their parents and the society . .

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by jmaine: 11:31am On May 19, 2012
ceah:

Jmaine - The Decernitologist.... grin grin grin cool lipsrsealed

grin . . .Na you know . . . lipsrsealed
Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by ceah(m): 11:31am On May 19, 2012
torkaka: and the moral of everything is; nigerians are not as educated as they claim!

If Oga Reno Beaf Omkri bounce on you... grin
Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by gbadexy(m): 11:32am On May 19, 2012
PapaBrowne:

Nobody cares what language he spoke in. But every time he says something horrendous, he always says it in Hausa and claims afterwards that the translator misquoted him. He did it with the Sharia issue. He did it just before the elections. And now his supporters are trying to help him to it again.

The man is just a really bad politician and also a bad leader. Anybody that talks before he thinks . . . . .

Just thinking . . . . . . I hope Buhari is not Schizophrenic! Below is the definition. Please compare with his words.

Schizophrenia (/ˌskɪtsɵˈfrɛniə/ or /ˌskɪtsɵˈfriːniə/) is a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes and by poor emotional responsiveness.[1] It most commonly manifests itself as auditory hallucinations, paranoid or bizarre delusions, or disorganized speech and thinking, and it is accompanied by significant social or occupational dysfunction

Dog and the Baboon What does that have to do with elections. Where is the correlation. Dog and Baboon soaked in blood. You gat to have a different kind of thinking to come up with that!! Auditory Hallucinations & Bizarre Delusions!!
Ogbeni,it is obvious that the statement is a grammatical expression.u no go school?does raining cat and mouse mean cat and mouse is falling from the sky?baboon and dog getting bloody means a very intense confrontation.
Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by nagoma(m): 11:33am On May 19, 2012
ekt_bear: As a guy who wants to become a national leader, why doesn't he speak in a language everyone can understand (English) rather than his own regional language?

Very strange....

Exactly , the language fluently understood by all his visitors that day is Hausa.
Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by nagoma(m): 11:36am On May 19, 2012

A good advice. Thank you.
Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by jmaine: 11:37am On May 19, 2012
nagoma:

A good advice. Thank you.

jmaine:

Go to the core -North and educate your almajiris and barely literate populace about your insightful beneficial point . .cos if you did this before the polls . .those innocent brutally murdered serving Youth Corp members would have being alive to benefit their parents and the society . .
Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by lacasa: 11:37am On May 19, 2012
is Buhari on a national stage or nationally televised programme on tv or radio D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ he must speak english?

He was addressing his party contingent from Niger state D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ paid him a courtes visit aπϑ ​ so​ he spoke in Hausa.

Besides do Nigerians not know of something known as an addage in our local dialects?

Infact the Igbo n Yoruba languages use d most addages

Whether U̶̲̥̅̊ like the truth or choose τ̅o deny it, U̶̲̥̅̊ are only deceiving Your self.

Buhari has every conviction τ̅o say wat he said in wateva language he chooses τ̅o.

All i n all other sane nigerians know is Buhari said the right thing n the bitter truth

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by jmoore(m): 11:38am On May 19, 2012
who is the dog, who is the baboon? Is Buhari the dog or the baboon? Let Buhari come and explain himself
Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by Beaf: 11:42am On May 19, 2012
ceah:

If Oga Reno Beaf Omkri bounce on you... grin

You are sounding more stup!d with each post, but its obviously because you are mentally baffled, morally shackled and logically marooned.
...Just like Kabiru Sokoto and Buhari (your lord, the chief dog and baboon).
Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by ballabriggs: 11:46am On May 19, 2012
Beaf:

You are sounding more stup!d with each post, but its obviously because you are mentally baffled, morally shackled and logically marooned.

Your morning assignment. Please walk into Abati's office and ask him who killed Bayo Ohu.
Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by 4evergod3: 11:52am On May 19, 2012
Nigerians! we never cease to amaze. Why can we not look beyond the statement made by buhari and focus on the real issues at hand. Buhari chose to speak the mind of many and stand against electoral rigging which is a normal thing for PDP and you guys are screaming blue murder? Most of you here who are speaking against GMB now are all giving the finger to GEJ because you are all disappointed in his leadership but cannot speak up. Well I for one being an easterner am standing solidly behind Buhari. If it would take violence to remove this mad and insensitive government of PDP then so be it. Someone should be able to stand up to the killers and looters in my generation. It happened in Egypt, Libya and other nations because they became fed up with what they had and we are gradually moving towards that in Nigeria.

Our foreign reserves are all gone and now we want to borrow money,
GEJ called us fools by cutting 90mil off his 1bill feeding allowance
NYSC members cannot get paid
Electricity dream is all but gone
Granting Amnesty to terrorists and telling Nigerians to live with bomb blasts and get used to them
One of his aides now demanding 5mil before allowing you access to GEJ...... e.t.c

You myopic people need to get your heads out of your asses and see clearly. Your today and tomorrow is being mortgaged by a bunch of gamblers and looters and you are all pointing fingers at a man who till date stands out as probably one of the most upright leaders we have ever had AND I STAND WITH HIM.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by Beaf: 11:58am On May 19, 2012
^
I find the level of ignorance displayed above entertaining. we should forget a man calling for blood and then blame the President for the drop in external reserves? Do you know how much you phucking awuf luv'n state governor borrows? And do you know it indirectly comes off the external reserve?

What a buffoon!
Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by denko(m): 11:59am On May 19, 2012
nigerians what Buhari means is that if he losses again that mean they rigged it
Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by Kobojunkie: 12:01pm On May 19, 2012
wrong quote
Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by sugardaddy1(m): 12:04pm On May 19, 2012
I thought Buhari learnt one or two leassons from his woeful loss @ the last elections but his recent "monkey & baboon" outburst in hausa language suggests the contrary. What Buhari has repeatedly failed to realize is that counting on notherners or hausas alone to vote him in as the president of a country that is clearly divided along Northern & Southern sentiments is not a realistic dream. He has to reach out more to other regions to gain acceptability.
Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by Kobojunkie: 12:05pm On May 19, 2012
love_123:

Buhari is a sectoral Leader. that explains why we usually make his speech in Hausa.

That is BS. Even here in the US, during elections or when in different regions, you see NATIONAL LEVEL POLITICS try to adapt ... Even here in america where English is the major language spoken, the president has no problem adorning a cowboy hat, and boots when in Texas. On Occasion he tries to speak with a Twang and all and yes he is still the president. Ofcourse the man can speak English but he never goes to the south or places like West Virginia to speak Harvard to the people. He tries to reach them in the best language possible. I bet he will speak Hawaiian if that is the best for that ocassion.

This kind low self esteem people get for here na wa oo. I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone in their right minds would suggest that a Politician should NEVER speak in his native Language. What the frell?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked This is some serious brain-damage situation here.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by finguy(m): 12:07pm On May 19, 2012
The question we shld ask ourselves is was the last election rigged? Yes elections are never 100percent perfect anywhere in the world but it shld meet minimum standards to judge it as free and fair. The whole world judged the elections as free and fair. Then why is buhari carrying on the way he is. I think buhari shld learn to accept defeat and stop using blackmail and terror to rig himself into power. His statements is that of a loser who knows he has already lost the 2015 elections and is just trying to incite people to cause more violence and bloodshed.
If he thinks he is as popular as he feels, why are there no violence in the south, east and west. Only north, and even in the north his supporters are the uneducated, low life morons almajiris that make like what number 3million.
Look I think the man shld just accept that nigerians don't want him, he is just a ldol to the almajiris in the north. That's why the CPC/ACN alliance didn't work cos ACN will not have buhari as its common candidate cos they know he will never win an election.
Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by Beaf: 12:07pm On May 19, 2012
I believe Buhari didn't bother to campaign in the South in the last elections, not because he is a crazed bigot who thinks Southerners are not worth it, but because they cannot speak Hausa (his language of choice).

Now, I'm "wiser!"

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by velo10: 12:08pm On May 19, 2012
[size=14pt]Again Buhari Misunderstood.!!![/size]
Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 19, 2012
jmaine:

it still doesn't change the fact you have problems understanding literal and figurative meanings! and if you refer to me as an uneducated amajiri then the jokes on you! cause this uneducated amajiri knows the difference between a literal and a figurative statement while you the educated super star has no clue!
there is a difference between studying through school and paying/cheating your way through school. it is little issues like this that the discerning mind can spot the difference!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by ceah(m): 12:10pm On May 19, 2012
Beaf:

OGA Reno...you have abused several people with same statement on Nairaland...Could you please find another English language statement to abuse me ?

if you can't find another statement in English maybe you can speak your local dialect...I will make sure I get the meaning and not accuse you wrongly like you are causing GMB...

I hope that assignment is not too much for you cos it's part of your JOB Description in Aso Rock... grin grin grin
Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by 4evergod3: 12:12pm On May 19, 2012
Beaf: ^
I find the level of ignorance displayed above entertaining. we should forget a man calling for blood and then blame the President for the drop in external reserves? Do you know how much you phucking awuf luv'n state governor borrows? And do you know it indirectly comes off the external reserve?

What a buffoon!

Do you speak or translate hausa? if you dont then i suggest you shut that peephole u call a mouth. I translated what he said and he never said what that cowardly propaganda spreading PDP camp said he did. He only spoke figuratively same as you would have done in your own language. If as an ibo man i say unu me ihe a eligwe ga ada. Literal interpretation is [ if you do this then heaven will fall] but did i really mean that heaven will fall. All i meant is there would be trouble.

You need a brain scan

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by Beaf: 12:15pm On May 19, 2012
4evergod3:

Do you speak or translate hausa? if you dont then i suggest you shut that peephole u call a mouth. I translated what he said and he never said what that cowardly propaganda spreading PDP camp said he did. He only spoke figuratively same as you would have done in your own language. If as an ibo man i say unu me ihe a eligwe ga ada. Literal interpretation is [ if you do this then heaven will fall] but did i really mean that heaven will fall. All i meant is there would be trouble.

You need a brain scan

So the post I replied was written in Hausa? You people are just stup!d.
Yesterday, you guys were boasting loudly about what your blood sucking lord of beasts said; today, you are in full retraction mode.
Is it cowardice?
Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by oneakj(m): 12:17pm On May 19, 2012
Olaolufred:

I think there is no need making unnecessary issue out of Buhari's adress.
Even if it means what PDP translated it to be. It was a conditional statement, ''If they rig, violence will erupt''. This implies that PDP determines whether there will be violence or not.
Their reactions has so far shown that they prefare to rig, but do not want violence. That is foolish.
It is never a sin to adress people in a language they can best understand.
At least you can't go to your village and be adressing evryone in english.
To me, Buhari has not done anytin wrong.

how do you think?:-/ Whoelse doesnt know that he(buhari) sees any election that is not won by him as rigged. Which means if he doesnt win in 2015, there will be bloodshed. Simple!!.that animal wants to feed on his brother's meat
Re: Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) by 4evergod3: 12:23pm On May 19, 2012
Beaf:

So the post I replied was written in Hausa? You people are just stup!d.
Yesterday, you guys were boasting loudly about what your blood sucking lord of beasts said; today, you are in full retraction mode.
Is it cowardice?

Beaf o beaf. Obviously you have clearly lost it. Now i know you have no understanding when it comes to communication even when communicating in simple everyday english. Read my post again and maybe you would understand better or perhaps you are as slow in understanding as your boss slowpoke Jonathan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Murray-Bruce Cruises On Small Boat To Get To His Constituency (Photos) / I’m Ready For Probe - Buhari / Wike Set To Commission, Flag-Off Projects In Ibadan

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.