Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,017 members, 7,906,806 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 04:16 PM

Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final (23440 Views)

Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 / Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty / Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by Kayday(m): 2:13pm On May 20, 2012
He did very well. I was impress by his performance for the first time in recent years. I'll give him a 9/10

1 Like

Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 20, 2012
mikel is a likeable person physically, just wish he knows this and humble himself a lil more. africa might honor him just like yaya toure. i like d guy on field sha. i dnt knw why i always look forward to seein him display wit d round leather on d pitch. great guy!
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by yoji: 2:17pm On May 20, 2012
So to burst ur bubble, but mikel was average for me. Whenever chelsea is playin a superior team and they intend to defend truout, mikel comes in handy cos he jus sits back and breaks play which is no big deal since that's wat d rest of the team are doing anyway. To me chelsea's best performers were cole, drogba and cech. Mikel is now d kind of player dat if he plays, fine and if he doesn't, he's rarely missed.
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by greatlee(m): 2:17pm On May 20, 2012
Am not a chelsea fan but am proud of the club's performance this season amidst their upheavals. as for Mikel our bros, his performance was wonderful. Accurate passes, more serious tackels, good spirited throughout the game. I give him 10/10 ,.... 7 for his performance and 3 for wining the trophy. I don talk my own

1 Like

Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by ceejay80s(m): 2:18pm On May 20, 2012
airmark:

No wonder you had F9 (9 times), in your SSCE. Comprehension and Summary passages carry huge marks in O' level exams grin grin
od3! S33 ur lif3? Upon all th3 f9 w3y i g3t for ssc3, i stil g3t mon3y pass u, and u go 43v3r r3main for squar3 on3
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by IykeD(m): 2:35pm On May 20, 2012
4 over 10! I hate his tip-tap football. No confidence whatsoever to hold the ball and do some creative work with it. He is lucky though
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by Oyaxindeed(m): 2:40pm On May 20, 2012
mikel's perfomances good....cus dat midfield was defended well...,..but MIKEL SCORE NAAA :omikel's perfomances good....cus dat midfield was defended well...,..but MIKEL SCORE NAAA
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by Super1759: 2:40pm On May 20, 2012
But like play like play the guy don bench essien for serios and important games.he plays more of the games now than essien

1 Like

Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by Akby(m): 2:47pm On May 20, 2012
Study and watch mikel vividly, this guy only plays one touch in chelsea. Collect d ball and pass. No runs, no bite nothing and yesterday wasn't a fluke. I give him 3.0 and can prove it
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by IFEDILIEZE(m): 2:50pm On May 20, 2012
ismhab: Very poor performance.
go hug transformer. Aint a chelsea fan but obi did fine. At least he didnt get to kick n fight lyk sani keita did.

1 Like

Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 20, 2012
He doesnt keep the ball for more than 2 secs, he made 4 poor passes in the 120mins game. He lacks confrontations - charging! I rate him 5.0. Yesterday's game was the high point in his career, he might never performance beyond this rating. Always weak- maybe too much woman matter.
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by dabrake(m): 2:58pm On May 20, 2012
Nashville: Mikel was simply fantastic. All Chelsea defensive minded players played with all their heart. Forget that Drogba scored the goal, that was one moment of magic and thats all we will remember, but Ashley Cole was man of the match. After Ashley cole, I will say Mikel was also up there with Lampard, Cech and Cahill. A very solid and matured displayed from Mikel. Fully focused, he broke down a lot of Bayern moves and made some intelligent passes. One of his best displays I have seen.
ashley cole was brutally r4ped by robben. obi did well. he really slowed down the tempo/pace, chelsea wanted a defensive game and he really delivered. kept the ball in their half most of the time to buy time, . . . to me, it was a 8.017/10. to be sincere, cahill need to step up. they 'cut' him a lot. RVP,. suarez, sanchez, gomez, . . . he really need to step up.

obi was on point yesterday. his best performance after the Inter milan vs Chelsea @san siro 2years ago

1 Like

Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by dabrake(m): 3:02pm On May 20, 2012
and he might be crowned african footballer of the year alongside yayakubu toure

1 Like

Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by oba009(m): 3:05pm On May 20, 2012
Wh country? U mean Boko Haram d country that don't value is hero. I thk he can't give his 100% again to ds place.
Bababo: He has improved in d game of balling,he did wonderfully in dat match nd his performance was slendious nd i feel he should put cheasea commitments to his home game,dat can tk Nigeria football to d next level.up cheasea!up Nigeria!up Bababo!!! nd happy Jesus sunday!!!!
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by ismhab(m): 3:05pm On May 20, 2012
IFEDILIEZE: go hug transformer. Aint a chelsea fan but obi did fine. At least he didnt get to kick n fight lyk sani keita did.
I don't want hug transformer, i want hug ur wife and kiss her, after all it will be my turn.
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by Akby(m): 3:06pm On May 20, 2012
dabrake: and he might be crowned african footballer of the year alongside yayakubu toure

can't stop laff'n.... Lolzzzzzzz mikel? Lmao! Let me pause cos dnt wanna hurt some mikel fans. Certainly mission over impossible
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by timbros(m): 3:06pm On May 20, 2012
I rate Mikel 8/10...
But...David Luiz wrapped in Brazilian flag, Ivanovic wrapped in Serbian flag, Torres wrapped in Spanish flag, even Ferreira has a Portugese flag around his neck. Why Mikel no dey represent well nah?
iWonder
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by Onyenna(m): 3:13pm On May 20, 2012
I was so proud of mikel for the 1st time in a long time(not a chelsea fan though)........yesterday was his best performance for the entire season.....I rate him 8/10......

1 Like

Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by SHEILATQ: 3:16pm On May 20, 2012
HE WAS BETTER THAN THE BEST

1 Like

Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by 9jauk: 3:18pm On May 20, 2012
Mikel's performance in d finals is absolutely outstanding,he stepped his game,brilliant tackles, Olisehlike passes ,shocking awareness,he stayed focus all through...Chealsea staggered to d finals,they stole d cup from d Germans pathetic victory I must say at d detriment of my beloved Tottenham we are dropeed to Europa....omo ikd.

1 Like

Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by dabrake(m): 3:20pm On May 20, 2012
Akby:

can't stop laff'n.... Lolzzzzzzz mikel? Lmao! Let me pause cos dnt wanna hurt some mikel fans. Certainly mission over impossible
we are talking of silly rules here where valdes was, 3years ago, considered better than cech because he had 'won' the champions league
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by belbinez(m): 3:27pm On May 20, 2012
John obi mikel did a gre8 job during d ucl even more dan wot pple bliv,he prove himself n i will be happy if obi can continue to improve like dis bcoz anybody dt watch d match will see obi play wit confidence n gud xperience.2me i respect wot he played ystday,n i rate him 6.5
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by oneakj(m): 3:27pm On May 20, 2012
Ekans: Mikels performance was average,the match was won by Drogba and Cech pure and simple.
so on point
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:33pm On May 20, 2012
The chap was simply splendid; The ball control,pinpoint passes,ability in holding the ball,the clean and hard tackles in which he won all contest. The guy made me proud!

1 Like

Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 20, 2012
This are the players that made a difference in the finals for Chelsea: Cech, David Luis, Ashley Cole, Drogba....and Mikel, but he didn't do much..i rate him 6.0/10
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:34pm On May 20, 2012
Yomboy4ever:

certainly his best game of d season.
I hope he continue lik dis... Up chelsea

Certainly his best game playing ƒό̲̣̣̣̥r̲̅ Chelsea.
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by sweethunibun(m): 3:39pm On May 20, 2012
Not 2 bad
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by Diligence: 3:47pm On May 20, 2012
M. Obi is a team player; didn't delay wt balls, didn't lose much, great passes and defended pretty well. Overall, 65%!
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by icon2: 3:49pm On May 20, 2012
mukina2: He is the third Nigerian after Finidi George and Nwankwo Kanu to Win the Champions League.

How will you rate his performance in the match yesterday?

Perfecto!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 20, 2012
boysy: I hadly see him miss any passes all through. Brilliant. But can he wear d shoe of Okocha?
more like can he wear oliseh's boots? since he has decided to become a defender!
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:52pm On May 20, 2012
IykeD: 4 over 10! I hate his tip-tap football. No confidence whatsoever to hold the ball and do some creative work with it. He is lucky though

Honestly You didn't watch the gameplay of Mikel. On numerous occasions, he held the ball confidently and made some tidy dribbles.
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by skyflash(m): 4:01pm On May 20, 2012
Ekans: Mikels performance was average,the match was won by Drogba and Cech pure and simple.
Would you be saying average if robben had put away pk given away by da drog, the boy was just too much a double champion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest: Carabao Cup (5 - 1) On 20th September 2017 / Arsenal Vs Aston Villa (3 - 1) On 22nd October 2021 / Brighton Vs Manchester United Carabao Cup (0 - 3) On 30th September 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.