Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,055 members, 7,906,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 06:23 PM

Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final (23443 Views)

Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 / Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty / Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by AAAdam(m): 4:06pm On May 20, 2012
Wonderful job. 89%

1 Like

Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by maasoap(m): 4:18pm On May 20, 2012
Sterling performance. He made only one mistake when he tried to dribble but lost possession of the ball.

1 Like

Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by Arysexy(m): 4:29pm On May 20, 2012
heroic performance by mikel, my home boy!accurate passing, confident ball control, excellent stopage, gud defensive job, alert and gud ball spread, not selfish with d ball, a very dogged player, i rate him 99.8%

1 Like

Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by teskyg: 4:39pm On May 20, 2012
@ ISMHAB.u seems a sadist.Am sure u are living a very pathetic lifestlye hold up in one Boko Haram camp in d desert.Maybe you are angry cos ur love ones like Kaita and co has no place in any of the top flight clubs in Europe.

3 Likes

Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by larpah(m): 5:01pm On May 20, 2012
ceejay80s: od3! S33 ur lif3? Upon all th3 f9 w3y i g3t for ssc3, i stil g3t mon3y pass u, and u go 43v3r r3main for squar3 on3
Dude, there is difference between "3" and "E". Were you in school at all?
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 20, 2012
He did Great

1 Like

Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by melvournis(f): 5:09pm On May 20, 2012
It is too great[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]

1 Like

Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by livapul86(m): 5:14pm On May 20, 2012
Akby: Study and watch mikel vividly, this guy only plays one touch in chelsea. Collect d ball and pass. No runs, no bite nothing and yesterday wasn't a fluke. I give him 3.0 and can prove it
I didn't want to comment but I think some of you guys need a thorough education on the roles of a professional player. You chatised Mikel's one touch pass game without understanding that Mikel is basically retaining possession. As long as the opponent doesn't have the ball, his team can build up play. To most of you denouncing Mikel, your idea of a good player is someone that can take the ball and dribble 10 players and score. You fail to understand that there is as much job if not greater, to a solid CDM who is responsible for breaking the attacking forays of his opponent, finding those little spaces to link with the rest of his team mates. The Stats don't lie, Mikel is credited with the most passes and interceptions than any other Chelsea player. I watched the Barca's match( 2nd leg) twice to believe the Stats I saw. Mikel made more blocks than any other Chelsea player in that match.
With regards to yesterday's match, he was Phenomenal. In all 120mins, he only made one wrong pass and that was because Ryan Betrand failed to run. Please lets learn to give credit when it is due. Am a proud Liverpoolfc fan, I can say Mikel has been at his best in the latter stages of this year's Champions league.

5 Likes

Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by mandsignal(m): 5:23pm On May 20, 2012
mukina2: He is the third Nigerian after Finidi George and Nwankwo Kanu to Win the Champions League.

How will you rate his performance in the match yesterday?

. I no finish the match nepa take light .... 6.5/10
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by Okaakoko(m): 5:24pm On May 20, 2012
larpah: Are they not paying him good money, why does he have to wear okocha's shoe, ow are you even sure they use the same size? Abeg make mikel buy his own shoe. 100k shoe, 10k shoe, shoe na shoe!!
lol.
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by airmark(m): 5:37pm On May 20, 2012
ceejay80s: od3! S33 ur lif3? Upon all th3 f9 w3y i g3t for ssc3, i stil g3t mon3y pass u, and u go 43v3r r3main for squar3 on3

Ranting of a low-life. grin grin grin I don't need to do cyber financial contest with you. You can't get close. tongue
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by gpovo(m): 5:50pm On May 20, 2012
mukina2: He is the third Nigerian after Finidi George and Nwankwo Kanu to Win the Champions League.

How will you rate his performance in the match yesterday?

He did his best and his best earnd him something that few in the world can bost of.
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by searchcorp(m): 6:00pm On May 20, 2012
If mikel stays in chelsea long enough, he just might be captain someday. I say Bravo to his performance
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by jimjones: 6:01pm On May 20, 2012
man of the match.
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by Saintsquare(m): 6:12pm On May 20, 2012
livapul86:
I didn't want to comment but I think some of you guys need a thorough education on the roles of a professional player. You chatised Mikel's one touch pass game without understanding that Mikel is basically retaining possession. As long as the opponent doesn't have the ball, his team can build up play. To most of you denouncing Mikel, your idea of a good player is someone that can take the ball and dribble 10 players and score. You fail to understand that there is as much job if not greater, to a solid CDM who is responsible for breaking the attacking forays of his opponent, finding those little spaces to link with the rest of his team mates. The Stats don't lie, Mikel is credited with the most passes and interceptions than any other Chelsea player. I watched the Barca's match( 2nd leg) twice to believe the Stats I saw. Mikel made more blocks than any other Chelsea player in that match.
With regards to yesterday's match, he was Phenomenal. In all 120mins, he only made one wrong pass and that was because Ryan Betrand failed to run. Please lets learn to give credit when it is due. Am a proud Liverpoolfc fan, I can say Mikel has been at his best in the latter stages of this year's Champions league.
GOD BLESS U.Had it bin d guy dey play 4 anoda country,Nigerians wuld av bin chantin his name like other world BEST

1 Like

Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by Limaoscar: 6:16pm On May 20, 2012
Mikel was excellent, hadly gave a faulty pass, held unto the ball confidently....He is one of those silent performers that only keen football pundits will commend. For me He earned it...10/10
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by gudnex22(m): 6:23pm On May 20, 2012
Ekans: Mikels performance was average,the match was won by Drogba and Cech pure and simple.

Rate mikel not Drogba or Cech Bad Belle!!!!!!!
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by Ignatio(m): 6:28pm On May 20, 2012
I give him 8/10. Dude was great in the midfield.
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by atasteve: 6:29pm On May 20, 2012
His passes were firm and sharp. I really felt him yesterday.
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by fredoooooo: 6:29pm On May 20, 2012
great performance 7 / 10 ....
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by styles2009: 6:30pm On May 20, 2012
Was he even playing? i saw more the guy with lot of hair, Luiz
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by songhia: 6:40pm On May 20, 2012
Professor Tunde idiagbor was a yoruba man and if u ask me, i will say he did perfectly well and we expect more from him. Tank u
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by Arnoldo(m): 7:09pm On May 20, 2012
ismhab: Very poor performance.
ar u sure u watchd d ball at all....mikel workd more dan drogba distributin pass only dat drogba scored a spectacler goal
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by PHEMMY18(m): 7:24pm On May 20, 2012
He really did well, i will rate him 7.0
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 20, 2012
Only Igbo's are getting the champions league in Nigeria, where are th orubas and ausas
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by saintneo(m): 7:34pm On May 20, 2012
Keneking: Only Igbo's are getting the champions league in Nigeria, where are th orubas and ausas
another diversion.

livapul86:
who are we hiring next? YNWA!
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by Tattooboy: 7:42pm On May 20, 2012
Maranzano: Obi played very well. He worked so hard in winning the ball and spreading the passes. He is a fantastic player but in football, the goal scorers grab the headlines and win the awards. Didier Drogba has demonstrated that he is the most reliable striker to depend on when it matters most. Credit should be given to the entire Chelsea defence line for withstanding the attacking onslaugth of the Bavarians. It was a sweet victory for Chelsea after several attempts in the past. Blue is the colour of Europeean football for the next one year. Savour your victory guys, many did not give you any chance to win.
his short passes were kul as always, but d long ones were 0%. Kudos 2 d luckiest team of d year!
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by valencia25(m): 7:44pm On May 20, 2012
where are the Chelsea Fans?

Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by Adexchelsea19(m): 8:01pm On May 20, 2012
Tattooboy: his short passes were kul as always, but d long ones were 0%. Kudos 2 d luckiest team of d year!
Bad belle keep beefin,d guy is nw a champions league winner,same as chelsea luck or no luck!!
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by shizzle11(m): 8:09pm On May 20, 2012
Ball control, confidence, pass accuracy, positioning, tackles, timing etc were just brilliant. Awesome performance from Mikel. 8/10
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by sniperwolf(m): 8:16pm On May 20, 2012
Hate him or love him. Mikel was at the heart of Chelsea's defence. He was covering for Lampard which was not really good at defensive midfield. He made some important interceptions and breaking of Bayern's attack. I rate him 8.0
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by ujchief(m): 8:36pm On May 20, 2012
I gues these replies are from chelsea fans.
How can u rate someone that was just an observer on the pitch as being excellent? Pls, feel free to check the match stats b4 hurling insults at me. Mikel and Lampard played the deep holding midfield role, while mata was free to roam. But Lampard made more passes, tackles and interceptions than mikel, who was just anonymous! Check his stats for a full 120mins! He just picks up loose balls, hardly making tackles, no runs, no shot at goal, just being too careful not to dirty his blue jersey! Lampard was the man on the midfield.
Feel free to violently insult me as i refuse to patronise my country-man. I'd give him a 4/10, not that he worth it though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Aston Villa (3 - 1) On 22nd October 2021 / Brighton Vs Manchester United Carabao Cup (0 - 3) On 30th September 2020 / Liverpool Vs Bayern Munich: UCL (0 - 0) On 19th February 2019

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.