Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,194 members, 7,903,931 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 02:15 AM

University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates - Education (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates (629547 Views)

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty

Faculty of Law/Arts: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Education: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty?

Faculty of Law/Arts: 28% (15 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 26% (14 votes)
Faculty of Education: 1% (1 vote)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 17% (9 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 25% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Olabisi Onabanjo University 2016/2017 Admission Updates And Assistance / Futo 2015/2016 Admission Updates / University Of Abuja(uniabuja) 2015/2016 News Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Becky63: 9:37am On Mar 21, 2013
So wetin der wnt make e happen nw after der ve agreed nd evryone taught evrytin has changed for d better der nw wnt to bring dis tin up all ova again ? Make e better b false news ooo ,make der no make me swell for dem ooo abi der wnt make I old stay house dis year again infact if adelabu sees any protesting students der again make he shooooooot dem comot as nassarawa own happen Neva teach dem lesson abi ! Make I see any of dem go protest again if I nogo go ijebu ode because of dem grin
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 9:38am On Mar 21, 2013
@ Becky. Dis is not false news ok. So better take it and knw wat to do. As d presido I can't gv u a false news here.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Richiez(m): 10:04am On Mar 21, 2013
Actually, the engineering students did not reject the offer they only said they'l reject the universities in bauchi and yola(boko haram states or security challenged states as you may want to put it) as their lives are more precious than the certificate. they also expressed disappointment at those responsible for the transfer as they shd av at least given them the opportunity of choosing the school they want. right now as i write to you, the national assembly is looking at how they can remove those sch from the list. so relax everyone there is no cause for alarm. exams continues! don't see the engineering students as trouble makers, they are highly intellectual people who wants the best for everyone, that's why they could even protest in a matured manner that warrants no loss of life.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kingobasi: 10:06am On Mar 21, 2013
No worry na me and u go go ijebu @becky
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Becky63: 10:11am On Mar 21, 2013
@Mrpresido it's beta I encourage myself dat dis news is false ooo,I guess u re already in sch so even if der protest again it won't affect u dat much because u can always wait for dem to settle Deir dispute. we freshers we don't ve any more hope if der start dis tin again cus d sch might be fuse to stop admitting students jst to solve d problem at hand first ,someone like me who is still waiting nd didn't take up anoda jamb form jst because der said I ve been offered admission nd even d admission am nt sure of it because my name was on SECOND BATCH wich u ur self said it's fake MRpresido dat UNIABUJA didn't released any second batch.so wat will happen if all my waiting is in vain nd no hope of anoda jamb ! Nd u fink I shouldn't pray dis news is false? Y I said i pray dis news is false is because ater d xam I get to knw my status in d sch , bt wit evry. Tin my hope is in God .I ve waited for dis problm to come to an end nnd d students finish Deir xam so dat I knw my stands
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 10:11am On Mar 21, 2013
UNIABUJA students reject transfers to other varsities

⁠IJEOMA EZEIKE⁠ ⁠March 21, 2013⁠ ⁠No Comments »⁠

Cite security challenge as major reason

Nnameke Uchenna Emmanuel is an electronic engineering student of the University of Abuja (UNIABUJA). His course is just for five years but he is now in his eighth year in the school and yet he doesn’t know when he would graduate.

In his confused state, he thought of either writing another Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination to gain admission into another university or to venture into petty trading. But considering the time spent, coupled with his age, he decided to remain in the university with the hope that one day, he would become a graduate of UNIABUJA.

This situation, to him, has become like that between the devil and deep blue sea. Narrating his ordeal to National Mirror on Monday, Nnameke said it had been the issue of courses accreditation since he entered UNIABUJA eight years ago without resolving the crisis, and that the condition had continued to keep them unnecessarily long in the school. “I am fed up already. We went to streets on several occasions protesting the condition with the hope that something good would happen, yet nothing to show for the efforts, instead things are getting worse every day,” he lamented.

Nnaemeka and his colleagues, however, vowed to continue the struggle until something good happens. And just last week, reprieve came for all the engineering students of the university as the National Universities Commission (NUC) intervened in the crisis, which has crippled the academic activities of the institution for the last one year by distributing them to other universities.

In the transfer arrangement, all the affected students will be distributed to six federal universities, while all those in the final year will be sent to the Federal University of Technology, Minna, where they are expected to do rigorous practical works for the remaining one year of their course.

On the name of the university their certificates will bear upon graduation, Prof. Chiedu Maffiana, the Chairman of Task Team on UNIABUJA and Chairman of the Quality Assurance of NUC, explained that only the final year students would come out with a degree bearing University of Abuja’s name while others would receive degree certificates bearing the names of those universities they would be posted to.

These universities are: Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola; University of Ilorin; Federal University of Technology, Akure, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria and Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi.

Explaining further, Prof. Maffiana said his team, saddled with the transfer arrangement, would send the transcripts of the affected students to their new universities with a clause that those who do not meet up with the academic requirements of those universities would be distributed to a related department within UNIABUJA to study another course they are qualified for.

He added that for now, they would all proceed on leave of absence that would last for the rest of the second semester when they are expected to join their colleagues in the respective universities for the next academic session. But these arrangements did not go down well with the affected students.

They said apart from the fact that it was a unilateral decision of government; it was also not a decision favourable to them because of many factors.

As a result of the development, the students stormed the National Assembly last week to register their dissatisfaction with the arrangement. They accused the university management of trampling on their right to education, as well as toiling with their careers and future.

Numbering about 200, the angry students with placards of different inscriptions including ‘Accredit our courses’ matched from the Federal Secretariat end to the National Assembly, where they were addressed by the Senate Committee Chairman on Education, Senator Uche Chukwumerije and his team. Majority of them, National Mirror gathered, had spent between five and eight years.

Only an armful of them were allowed into the inner chamber and they were Braimo Alasa, Oguche Anthony, Christopher Paul, Huleji Abraham, Adewale Tope, Idisi Majesty, Kaltume Mohammed, Alomo Solomon, Blessing Imade and Emeka Ajih. The students expressed their grievances over the issue and appealed to the committee chair, in particular, to use his good office to intervene and settle the matter once and for all.

Even at that, they also used the opportunity to express their displeasure to Chukwumerije over what they termed National Assembly’s insensitivity to their plight. They said they had sent a complaint letter to his office since last November with a view to intervening and prevailing on the matter, but nothing was done till that day.

They told the lawmakers that they did not want to go to any of those universities, citing serious security challenges that are facing some northern states where those universities are located as excuse.

“For the first instance, it is because of the love we have for UNIABUJA that we chose the school to study and we are used to the system and also to Abuja community.

So, taking us to another university where we wouldn’t have gone ordinarily is disturbing, moreso when many of the northern states are unsafe. Our lives are more important to us even than the degrees we are pursuing,” said Nnaemeka.

Another dislike by the students in the arrangement, according to Nnaemeka, was that they should have been given the opportunity to decide on the choice of a university to be posted to as it was the case when applying to UNIABUJA.

“Even if we have made up our minds to go to those universities, we have the right to make a choice of university to be posted to and not for somebody to force one on us,” he added. They are also worried about the possible plan to demote them by a level, which they claimed they had already completed.

For example, they said they were preparing for the second semester exam, and for them to now be asked to repeat the class would be unacceptable. Some even demanded that if the 300 and 400 Level students must go on transfer to other universities at all cost, those in 500 Level must also be transferred and not singled out to come back for UNIABUJA certificate.

The students also expressed their parents’ disapproval and financial handicap in sponsoring them if they should be demoted having spent so much money and time on them without graduation.

“Even if we are to agree to the transfer arrangement, government should grant us scholarship to cover the rest of our studies. We have spent so much money to get to this level and it won’t be right again for those schools to start asking us to pay one fee or the other. Let government sacrifice this time around instead of making the citizens sacrificial lambs all the times,” Breimoh said.

They told National Mirror that they would continue the struggle until they achieve their aims, which they said were for the interest of education sector and the economic development of Nigeria.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kingobasi: 10:23am On Mar 21, 2013
Nnameke Uchenna Emmanuel is an electronic engineering student of the University of Abuja (UNIABUJA). His course is just for five years but he is now in his eighth year in the school and yet he doesn’t know when he would graduate.

In his confused state, he thought of either writing another Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination to gain admission into another university or to venture into petty trading. But considering the time spent, coupled with his age, he decided to remain in the university with the hope that one day, he would become a graduate of UNIABUJA.

This situation, to him, has become like that between the devil and deep blue sea. Narrating his ordeal to National Mirror on Monday, Nnameke said it had been the issue of courses accreditation since he entered UNIABUJA eight years ago without resolving the crisis, and that the condition had continued to keep them unnecessarily long in the school. “I am fed up already. We went to streets on several occasions protesting the condition with the hope that something good would happen, yet nothing to show for the efforts, instead things are getting worse every day,” he lamented.

Nnaemeka and his colleagues, however, vowed to continue the struggle until something good happens. And just last week, reprieve came for all the engineering students of the university as the National Universities Commission (NUC) intervened in the crisis, which has crippled the academic activities of the institution for the last one year by distributing them to other universities.

In the transfer arrangement, all the affected students will be distributed to six federal universities, while all those in the final year will be sent to the Federal University of Technology, Minna, where they are expected to do rigorous practical works for the remaining one year of their course.

On the name of the university their certificates will bear upon graduation, Prof. Chiedu Maffiana, the Chairman of Task Team on UNIABUJA and Chairman of the Quality Assurance of NUC, explained that only the final year students would come out with a degree bearing University of Abuja’s name while others would receive degree certificates bearing the names of those universities they would be posted to.

These universities are: Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola; University of Ilorin; Federal University of Technology, Akure, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria and Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi.

Explaining further, Prof. Maffiana said his team, saddled with the transfer arrangement, would send the transcripts of the affected students to their new universities with a clause that those who do not meet up with the academic requirements of those universities would be distributed to a related department within UNIABUJA to study another course they are qualified for.

He added that for now, they would all proceed on leave of absence that would last for the rest of the second semester when they are expected to join their colleagues in the respective universities for the next academic session. But these arrangements did not go down well with the affected students.

They said apart from the fact that it was a unilateral decision of government; it was also not a decision favourable to them because of many factors.

As a result of the development, the students stormed the National Assembly last week to register their dissatisfaction with the arrangement. They accused the university management of trampling on their right to education, as well as toiling with their careers and future.

Numbering about 200, the angry students with placards of different inscriptions including ‘Accredit our courses’ matched from the Federal Secretariat end to the National Assembly, where they were addressed by the Senate Committee Chairman on Education, Senator Uche Chukwumerije and his team. Majority of them, National Mirror gathered, had spent between five and eight years.

Only an armful of them were allowed into the inner chamber and they were Braimo Alasa, Oguche Anthony, Christopher Paul, Huleji Abraham, Adewale Tope, Idisi Majesty, Kaltume Mohammed, Alomo Solomon, Blessing Imade and Emeka Ajih. The students expressed their grievances over the issue and appealed to the committee chair, in particular, to use his good office to intervene and settle the matter once and for all.

Even at that, they also used the opportunity to express their displeasure to Chukwumerije over what they termed National Assembly’s insensitivity to their plight. They said they had sent a complaint letter to his office since last November with a view to intervening and prevailing on the matter, but nothing was done till that day.

They told the lawmakers that they did not want to go to any of those universities, citing serious security challenges that are facing some northern states where those universities are located as excuse.

“For the first instance, it is because of the love we have for UNIABUJA that we chose the school to study and we are used to the system and also to Abuja community.

So, taking us to another university where we wouldn’t have gone ordinarily is disturbing, moreso when many of the northern states are unsafe. Our lives are more important to us even than the degrees we are pursuing,” said Nnaemeka.

Another dislike by the students in the arrangement, according to Nnaemeka, was that they should have been given the opportunity to decide on the choice of a university to be posted to as it was the case when applying to UNIABUJA.

“Even if we have made up our minds to go to those universities, we have the right to make a choice of university to be posted to and not for somebody to force one on us,” he added. They are also worried about the possible plan to demote them by a level, which they claimed they had already completed.

For example, they said they were preparing for the second semester exam, and for them to now be asked to repeat the class would be unacceptable. Some even demanded that if the 300 and 400 Level students must go on transfer to other universities at all cost, those in 500 Level must also be transferred and not singled out to come back for UNIABUJA certificate.

The students also expressed their parents’ disapproval and financial handicap in sponsoring them if they should be demoted having spent so much money and time on them without graduation.

“Even if we are to agree to the transfer arrangement, government should grant us scholarship to cover the rest of our studies. We have spent so much money to get to this level and it won’t be right again for those schools to start asking us to pay one fee or the other. Let government sacrifice this time around instead of making the citizens sacrificial lambs all the times,” Breimoh said.

They told National Mirror that they would continue the struggle until they achieve their aims, which they said were for the interest of education sector and the economic development of Nigeria.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Richiez(m): 10:33am On Mar 21, 2013
Now it's clearer that they just want some of the sch to be removed from the list....they haven't rejected the transfer oh, and by the way, why are some of u always placing blames on the engineering students? What wud u av done if u were in their shoes? Sit down and wait till u turn to d next boko haram potential victim?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by francisNewton(m): 11:55am On Mar 21, 2013
its not a matter of insecurity some ov dem r jeolous dere were not sent to top schools lyk ABU n unilorin dis is d best d skool can offer d deed has been done adelabu can nt kill himself na. if dem no won go fine d shud wait till next yrs for d course to b accredated but no protest haba! if dis continues some good lectureres will quit d skool n de skool will become bankrupt cos am sure d r payin d lecturers dis guys will destroy d skool i ca c it.n guys lets pray dis is far from d ordinary
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Henryozo1(m): 12:40pm On Mar 21, 2013
Helpt me ask them o
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Richiez(m): 12:42pm On Mar 21, 2013
@francis, dnt talk blindly, leave jealousy out of this. they aven't even shared them yet and u'r talking abt jealousy. will ur parents allow u to go and study in bauchi? talk true
politics will be extremely tensed in 2014 and 2015, it's going to be really bloody for those non-northerners in the north.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by bahlow: 12:42pm On Mar 21, 2013
@ francis true talk nd richiez u av said it all. I pray dis crisis come to an end cus am already fasting 2day bcus of des issue inshallahu everything will be settled by God grace (amen). Oh lord our God pls hear my cry nd enter d Heart of these engineern students, let dem accept dis offer nd let peace reign in Uniabuja( my beloved skul) in d name of Allah nd Jesus name i pray( amen). Gbogbo e ma da ni owo suru.. Everything will be well in d name of Allah( amin).
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Richiez(m): 12:55pm On Mar 21, 2013
@bahlow dats a gud prayer! also note that ENGINEERING STUDENTS DID NOT AND WOULD NOT REJECT THE TRANSFER. wot they want is to study in a place where their lives won't be endangered. we all know the story of how boko haram entered into a northern university (name witheld 4 some reasons) threw bomb at a lab and shot those who were trying to escape. i can remember freshly also how they entered into a hostel in another university in the north(mubi to be precise) and murdered about 42 students
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Richiez(m): 1:07pm On Mar 21, 2013
just google the news and u will dread schooling in those places
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by bahlow: 1:47pm On Mar 21, 2013
@Richiez dats true, i concur with u. U are ryt. I think d best solutn nau is 4 d national assembly shud consider der opinions nd work on their request 4 peace to reign in Uniabuja nd Nigeria as a whole. Shud we still hope in Uniabuja 4 d admin list? Hpe dis issue will not come up again? Will our admin list be pasted @ d end of dis month? Pls pals i need an answer to dis questn. Thank alot.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Jideyuny(m): 2:07pm On Mar 21, 2013
Nobody knws wie diz con3 is going 2 in d next year to come...we dnt even knw mayb we ar stil going to divide or end it wit civil war...so itz beta for dem to accept dia fate nd graduate once...if itz for d boko haram,we wil all join dem in praya for GOd to protect nd guide dem all...though dia parent av spend alot on dem...bt we can neva b fast dan our DESTINY...let dem just blieve in God nd keep moving forward...they shud forget abt d past nd focus abt d future...i just pray d@ all dia labour wil neva go in VAIN.....if dey can only think twice....cuz i fear w@ cud appen to diz con3 wit diz political brouhaha
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Richiez(m): 2:11pm On Mar 21, 2013
@bahlow, yes i'm sure after the exams, next on the agenda should be admission list, well that's if all bad air is cleared.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by bahlow: 2:25pm On Mar 21, 2013
I pray dis issue will be solved amicably in d name of Allah. I heard d addmin will be out by month end or b4 month end. Pls how true is dat? Cus Uniabuja is lackn behind o nd oda institutns are ahead of us. U can imagine d admin list is nt even out talkless of reg nd screening, nd anoda utme is next month(April).May God help us o, it is well. Am tied of stayn @ home o dey shud pls do smthin cus tym is fast approachn.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by francisNewton(m): 4:32pm On Mar 21, 2013
@op well i wont even want dem to b sent to a place were dier lives with b under threat but please d shud just leave d skool d way it is dis is not a matter to protest
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by bahlow: 5:11pm On Mar 21, 2013
@ francis, dey are nt protestn,my bros nd sis ol is well. All i know is dat exams continues nd addmin list would be pasted very soon.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 21, 2013
francis Newton: its not a matter of insecurity some ov dem r jeolous dere were not sent to top schools lyk ABU n unilorin dis is d best d skool can offer d deed has been done adelabu can nt kill himself na. if dem no won go fine d shud wait till next yrs for d course to b accredated but no protest haba! if dis continues some good lectureres will quit d skool n de skool will become bankrupt cos am sure d r payin d lecturers dis guys will destroy d skool i ca c it.n guys lets pray dis is far from d ordinary
I disagree with u, why will some of them be jealous of not being sent 2 Zaria or Ilorin? Were they not dis schools when they opted 4 UniAbuja in there JAMB?
No; pls dnt tink they ar taking it personal, besides, the schools they ar rejecting, ordinarily with the present security chalenges in d country, would u accept 2 go study in a place like Bauchi or Mubi after what hapened last october? Election2015 is around d coner, an election many northern politician ar seeing as a do or die thing. And u xpect one who is not a northerner 2 go risk dear life all in the name of transfer frm Uniabuja? Nah. Nobi by 4c.
Anyway, dat shuld be settled amicably in a round table not a protest thing.
Salama!
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kelvegaz: 5:58pm On Mar 21, 2013
chai!! just yesterday,evrything was going smoothly....2day contour linez are suddenly appearing....hmmmm wen wil uniabuja be stable 4 24hrz.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Selfjoe: 6:45pm On Mar 21, 2013
Richiez: @francis, dnt talk blindly, leave jealousy out of this. they aven't even shared them yet and u'r talking abt jealousy. will ur parents allow u to go and study in bauchi? talk true
politics will be extremely tensed in 2014 and 2015, it's going to be really bloody for those non-northerners in the north.
is there no student in bauchi? Or tell me dt d skul is emty. Any were u find urself is dey will of God 4 u. If God himself did nt secure u no any option well.so let jst depend on God In all. Tank u

2 Likes

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Olayemiy: 7:12pm On Mar 21, 2013
Self joe: is there no student in bauchi? Or tell me dt d skul is emty. Any were u find urself is dey will of God 4 u. If God himself did nt secure u no any option well.so let jst depend on God In all. Tank u
my oga at the top,may you never encounter deterioration in your though i like your speech.you are on top sir.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mayoksudo: 7:34pm On Mar 21, 2013
Uniabuja is stable by Gods grace atleast some peeps finish dere 400lvl exams 2day dos in physics dept so tinz are gettin better u guyz should hope 4 d best n stop confusing each other
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kingobasi: 7:35pm On Mar 21, 2013
Dey don't like the area, so don't force dem to do wat dey don't feel like doing...... Put urselves in deir shoe
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Wittywizard(m): 7:50pm On Mar 21, 2013
Uniabuja just released dia admission list @mini camp...mr presido. Pls i know pple need source.. U pple can go 2d skul to check ursss.
My name came out on JAMB list & uniabuja skul list...
2go: francis6781.
Phone: 07037169000.
Witty kares
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kelvegaz: 8:13pm On Mar 21, 2013
Wittywizard: Uniabuja just released dia admission list @mini camp...mr presido. Pls i know pple need source.. U pple can go 2d skul to check ursss.
My name came out on JAMB list & uniabuja skul list...
2go: francis6781.
Phone: 07037169000.
Witty kares
please,how true is this??
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Ike1(m): 8:25pm On Mar 21, 2013
Hope it's true ooh.........so tired of staying at home
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Jideyuny(m): 8:35pm On Mar 21, 2013
@wittywizard...longtym no c...bt hw true z d source...i wil wait til tomao to check d info online nd also ask sumone in d sku also,,,tnxz for d info
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kingobasi: 9:58pm On Mar 21, 2013
Rumours dey grow, some said its out and others are saying its not out who are we to believe. Na 2morrow go judge
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by bahlow: 3:54am On Mar 22, 2013
Wat up every1? Na mi ur boy o@Azboy34. I live in lagos, pls hw true is dis info? Is d addmin list truely out? Mr presido i solicit 4 nah help o, make u help me check my name o. Thnk alot. Azeez balogun@Azboy34 dat my 2go username.

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (261) (Reply)

2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.