Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,878 members, 7,889,927 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:56 AM

Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? (27881 Views)

Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? / Women Are Their Worst Enemies / Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 22, 2012
@sagamite

Hate is a petty strong world.
This is why I suggest men stop trying to come up with a theory for female behaviors. Atleast if they do, it should remain ONLY an assumption.
I disagree with the word "hate".
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by dayokanu(m): 4:13pm On May 22, 2012
armyofone: oh goodness!! how can i read those long epistle according to Saga? just to cast ojuju on ladies you wrote that undecided
oh well undecided
Ronkelus, how now, Sanu da zuwa. Yaya mijin da yara?

Ki zo ki rungomeni
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by armyofone(m): 4:16pm On May 22, 2012
dayo, Please i'd appreciate you modifying your post, thanks.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Sagamite(m): 4:16pm On May 22, 2012
armyofone: oh goodness!! how can i read those long epistle according to Saga? just to cast ojuju on ladies you wrote that undecided
oh well undecided
Ronkelus, how now, Sanu da zuwa. Yaya mijin da yara?

Wetin be ojuju?

ronkebp:
Nope, not in all cases, i still stand on my point that it is an evil-minded lady, who will hate on another sister. You are right that majority of the men might congratulate you on your "ferari" but trust me, another might be devising a means to steal that ferari from you, especially if he is evil minded, or he might be thinking of something evil should happen to the ferari, a negative person will always be negative, irrespective of gender. As a human being it is natural not to like the whole world, just because some people say they don't like this person or that person is not enough to conclude that women hate themselves.

You are right and wrong.

You are right, there might be some men that would be thinking something bad, but definately the exception, not the norm if he is not using it to belittle them. Overwhelming majority would go away thinking "what can I do to get where he is".

You are wrong that it is only an evil-minded lady, who will hate on another sister. Probably 90% of women I have met in my life (and I have met alot cheesy) casually hate on other women and I don't think they are evil-minded people. I just think they are women. It is a natural state, they always see other women as competition especially if they feel she has a lot going for her.

If she is in the gutters or butters (I hope you like my rhymes grin), they are good at having empathy for her, as they are more comfortable with her. No wonder everytime you go to a club, you see a fine girl with a horrible looking/obese friend. This happens alot in teen and early 20s girlfriendships. The fine girl is happy to use the friend to be used as a contrast against her to emphasis her own good features. The friend on the other hand would do anything possible to block any good guy approaching her. Awon weere meji (two mad people). grin
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by dayokanu(m): 4:19pm On May 22, 2012
armyofone: dayo, Please i'd appreciate you modifying your post, thanks.

Modify wetin, Answer me sharp sharp, You know say i don get you for mind since
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by armyofone(m): 4:22pm On May 22, 2012
Survival instinct.

Sagamite:

You are wrong that it is only an evil-minded lady, who will hate on another sister. Probably 90% of women I have met in my life (and I have met alot cheesy) casually hate on other women and I don't think they are evil-minded people. I just think they are women. It is a natural state, they always see other women as competition especially if they feel she has a lot going for her. If she is in the gutters or butters (I hope you like my rhymes grin), they are good at having empathy for her, as they are more comfortable with her. No wonder everytime you go to a club, you see a fine girl with a horrible looking/obese friend. This happend alot in teen and early 20s girlfriendships. The fine girl is happy to use the friend to be used as a contrast against her to emphasis her own good features. The friend on the other hand would do anything possible to block any good guy approaching her. Awon weere meji (two mad people). grin

quite interesting take. Personally for me all the ones i have around me are doing well for themselves (money/guys/marriage/work/education)
so no competition nor have i experienced one.
Soja for life! grin
SemperFi.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Sagamite(m): 4:23pm On May 22, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
@sagamite

Hate is a petty strong world.
This is why I suggest men stop trying to come up with a theory for female behaviors. Atleast if they do, it should remain ONLY an assumption.
I disagree with the word "hate".

Hate is a ghetto slang for beefing, which itself is a ghetto slang for antagonism, which itself is big grammar for animosity, which itself is big grammar for unfriendliness. cool

Chillax, woman! tongue
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by armyofone(m): 4:25pm On May 22, 2012
ummm, sorry you can't afford the bride price and 'list".
now gerraway from my front and clean up when you wrote up there, thank you again for doing just that.
dayokanu:

Modify wetin, Answer me sharp sharp, You know say i don get you for mind since
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by armyofone(m): 4:30pm On May 22, 2012
Dayo, thank you.

i read one of your post yesterday in one other thread lipsrsealed. You can be good and talk sense when you allow yourself grin
original bad boy tongue
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Sagamite(m): 5:01pm On May 22, 2012
Any of you people should just go and read the reports on Daily Mail on www.dailymail.co.uk, which is a women's newspaper.

Go and read the horrible things reporters (that are virtually all women) say about other woman and how they love to victimise them. If the reporters don't get out the knives, then read how the women that comment on the stories are usually brutal and then you would know how woman hate on each other.

Go there and read the first 6 news reports that you see focused on beautiful/celebrity women. It is normally a bloodbath.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by dayokanu(m): 5:08pm On May 22, 2012
armyofone: Dayo, thank you.

i read one of your post yesterday in one other thread lipsrsealed. You can be good and talk sense when you allow yourself grin
original bad boy tongue

Which post? Dont you know I was using that post to toast you.

Oya how much be your dowry, and whats the payment plan
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by ronkebp(f): 5:17pm On May 22, 2012
Sagamite:

Wetin be ojuju?

You are right and wrong.

You are right, there might be some men that would be thinking something bad, but definately the exception, not the norm if he is not using it to belittle them. Overwhelming majority would go away thinking "what can I do to get where he is".

You are wrong that it is only an evil-minded lady, who will hate on another sister. Probably 90% of women I have met in my life (and I have met alot cheesy) casually hate on other women and I don't think they are evil-minded people. I just think they are women. It is a natural state, they always see other women as competition especially if they feel she has a lot going for her.

If she is in the gutters or butters (I hope you like my rhymes grin), they are good at having empathy for her, as they are more comfortable with her. No wonder everytime you go to a club, you see a fine girl with a horrible looking/obese friend. This happens alot in teen and early 20s girlfriendships. The fine girl is happy to use the friend to be used as a contrast against her to emphasis her own good features. The friend on the other hand would do anything possible to block any good guy approaching her. Awon weere meji (two mad people). grin
Hmmmmmm!!!!!! good analysis, but i still feel it is an evil-minded person that would hate another for no justifiable reasons. When i was growing up and i am still growing, i have never had any issues with friends, i can't remember hating on anyone, whether they are prettier than i am or uglier, i just love people and i love my friends, there is a difference between cracking jokes about another person, ( i can say, "which kain shoe be this" ) and laugh over it, but that is not synonymous in any way to hating on another.

The poster's analysis is just about " women being wicked, jealous or hating another being" and that i call "evil minded-ness", anybody who has such a feeling towards another is just evil....simple.

On NL here, we all fight, joke and abuse one- another, and it doesn't mean i have to hate that person through my computer, i might ignore the person i had an exchange of words with, but it also does not mean i will not insult that person again when he/she makes an un-warranted statement, am i jealous of the person or hate him or her...MBANU!!!!!.E never reach that level.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Freesia(f): 11:18pm On May 22, 2012
Self- esteem still remains number one in my books.

I knew someone who worked in a very popular hotel in France that charges a few thousand Euros a night for a room.(Peak Season)
She said as a female staff( from management to cleaner) there was a policy in that hotel that if guests who were a couple approached you or you approached them You(female staff) must first address the female guest then speak to her husband or male companion.
Many female guests complained an awful lot about the female staff not acknowledging them enough but hardly uttered words of complains about the male staff!!
What does that tell you? Some of those Uber rich women had insecurity issues and because the Hotel has a reputation to keep things were changed in their favour
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Sagamite(m): 12:01am On May 23, 2012
Freesia: Self- esteem still remains number one in my books.

I knew someone who worked in a very popular hotel in France that charges a few thousand Euros a night for a room.(Peak Season)
She said as a female staff( from management to cleaner) there was a policy in that hotel that if guests who were a couple approached you or you approached them You(female staff) must first address the female guest then speak to her husband or male companion.
Many female guests complained an awful lot about the female staff not acknowledging them enough but hardly uttered words of complains about the male staff!!
What does that tell you? Some of those Uber rich women had insecurity issues and because the Hotel has a reputation to keep things were changed in their favour

The things you do in business management. Geez! grin

I just learnt a lesson in customer relationship management tonight. Thanks. grin
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Freesia(f): 1:41am On May 23, 2012
Sagamite:

The things you do in business management. Geez! grin

I just learnt a lesson in customer relationship management tonight. Thanks. grin

I know right... CRM all the way.It's time to put that into practice

Maybe I'm weird but I have forged a few good friendships with other women by striking a convo about how flawless her skin looks or how fab her shoes were and depending on the type of gathering just talked about different stuff.

How will me walking around rolling my eyes or sneering each time I see other women who I don't even know at all but who look better than me or have it going on than I do be beneficial to me?

Extremely beautiful or even wealthy women are being born everyday the sooner other ladies realize this the better and healthier for them lol

Reminds me of a gathering I attended a few weeks ago...My cousin who is very well endowned in the chest department had a few ladies whispering they were fake lol.

Who knows maybe some of these women might even have had a bigger pair than my cousin ? but due to a wrong bra size or bad posture some of these ladies believed another lady was much better endowned than them hence "they're fake" comment

Some men who were just "innocently" stealing glances at my cousin just had to keep a straight face because... if you only saw the evil look their partners were giving them Ehn!!

Some of this women had a lot going on for them beauty and also Profession-wise but sadly the lack of self esteem will drive them to shift gears just because their man was eyeing another woman
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by cfours: 2:23am On May 23, 2012
no. men are the ones killing each other over 20 naira every day... no women

www.nairaland.com/attachments/349392_police_fight_2_jpgbf17e1f4baaef6249cab33d5239897ac
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by cfours: 2:35am On May 23, 2012
michelin89: Please ladies enlighten me.

It's so rare to see a woman standing up for another woman, they'd rather join hands with the men to hate on their fellows. Thinking of women calling other women whores, biatches, ugly, useless, spoilt, etc. . .

I've never heard a man talking ill of another man before. . .on the contrary they hail each other for the same things they (and other women) condemn women for.

speak for yourself!

the women I know stand up for each other and do not use those nasty words you put up there towards one another. so speak for yourself and the kind of "women" you move with.

and yes men do talk ill of each other more than women do! In fact, that's their definition of being a "man" If you have brothers or male friends like I do, you will know that 80% of their time is spent calling each other the most deplorable names in the dictionary and instigating fights like no man's business. that's what they call "manly" in their own opinion.

it is an accepted fact that women are the more sociable gender. maybe you and your female friends are exception to the rule. but don't categorize all women as being antisocial.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 6:22am On May 23, 2012
@ c.four

You have already posted a very rude comment before and I tried to ignore it and reply nicely, but here you come again with your obnoxious attitude. How annoying. If you can't comment a thread without pointing fingers at me or anyone else, because I never mentioned anybody's name, please don't post again.

I'm trying to be calm and nice but let this be the last time you address me in such manner, because the third time you do, you'll have yourself to blame.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Sagamite(m): 7:44am On May 23, 2012
Freesia:

I know right... CRM all the way.It's time to put that into practice

Maybe I'm weird but I have forged a few good friendships with other women by striking a convo about how flawless her skin looks or how fab her shoes were and depending on the type of gathering just talked about different stuff.

How will me walking around rolling my eyes or sneering each time I see other women who I don't even know at all but who look better than me or have it going on than I do be beneficial to me?

Extremely beautiful or even wealthy women are being born everyday the sooner other ladies realize this the better and healthier for them lol

Reminds me of a gathering I attended a few weeks ago...My cousin who is very well endowned in the chest department had a few ladies whispering they were fake lol.

Who knows maybe some of these women might even have had a bigger pair than my cousin ? but due to a wrong bra size or bad posture some of these ladies believed another lady was much better endowned than them hence "they're fake" comment

Some men who were just "innocently" stealing glances at my cousin just had to keep a straight face because... if you only saw the evil look their partners were giving them Ehn!!

Some of this women had a lot going on for them beauty and also Profession-wise but sadly the lack of self esteem will drive them to shift gears just because their man was eyeing another woman

Whagoan! Lets keep it real. I am salivating here. shocked

Abeg how I fit contact this your cousin? grin

Hook a brother up. cheesy

Note I asked before dayokanu o. cheesy

I want to meet your cousin. I want to be her friend. smiley

Joking. tongue jennykadry is the only woman for me for life. tongue
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Sagamite(m): 7:45am On May 23, 2012
c.fours:

speak for yourself!

the women I know stand up for each other and do not use those nasty words you put up there towards one another. so speak for yourself and the kind of "women" you move with.

and yes men do talk ill of each other more than women do! In fact, that's their definition of being a "man" If you have brothers or male friends like I do, you will know that 80% of their time is spent calling each other the most deplorable names in the dictionary and instigating fights like no man's business. that's what they call "manly" in their own opinion.

it is an accepted fact that women are the more sociable gender. maybe you and your female friends are exception to the rule. but don't categorize all women as being antisocial.

You are a deluded mooron!
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by queensmith: 7:55am On May 23, 2012
c.fours:

speak for yourself!

Can't actually argue with the logic behind this because it's actually true. Bit of a conundrum really, but I think it's down to women being more loyal and compassionate.

The purpose of the thread may be for discussion but the op has inadvertently contributed to the behavior she claims to hate. making her exactly like she's described, a woman's worst enemy.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 8:09am On May 23, 2012
Saga amu, mo ri'e . Ori e ko kpe angry

Michelin wan fight? I love cat fights. Come on peeps,get it started grin
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 8:10am On May 23, 2012
And how have I done that? Am I the one who made this thread 4 pages long?

Please if you nor get better thing to talk, nor post abeg.

So I'm so stupid to actually open a thread to self accuse my person?
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Sagamite(m): 8:10am On May 23, 2012
queensmith:

Can't actually argue with the logic behind this because it's actually true. Bit of a conundrum really, but I think it's down to women being more loyal and compassionate.

The purpose of the thread may be for discussion but the op has inadvertently contributed to the behavior she claims to hate. making her exactly like she's described, a woman's worst enemy.

You are smoking weed!

Women are more loyal and compassionate? grin

That is why women generally always are fighting one friend or the other?
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Sagamite(m): 8:24am On May 23, 2012
jennykadry: Saga amu, mo ri'e . Ori e ko kpe angry

Michelin wan fight? I love cat fights. Come on peeps,get it started grin

I was joking na.

How her chest wan even compete with your gigantic chest that is a major production facility for Peak Milk Ltd.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 8:25am On May 23, 2012
Sagamite:

I was joking na.

How her chest wan even compete with your gigantic chest that is a major production facility for Peak Milk ltd.

Joking ko, if that cousin came to you now with those Cotonou water melon, tell me you won't feast on it with ya eyes and mouth angry
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Sagamite(m): 8:29am On May 23, 2012
jennykadry:

Joking ko, if that cousin came to you now with those Cotonou water melon, tell me you won't feast on it with ya eyes and mouth angry

[Gulps saliva]

Er...... Well....... You know....... Jesus is my lord and saviour.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 8:33am On May 23, 2012
Please, don't derail,thanks! smiley
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by queensmith: 9:23am On May 23, 2012
michelin89: And how have I done that? Am I the one who made this thread 4 pages long?

Please if you nor get better thing to talk, nor post abeg.

So I'm so stupid to actually open a thread to self accuse my person?

Try to be objective here- you are making a post about women being katty, but you are also being katty in the process. and behaving in the exact same way we are calling women out for.

In the process a discussion which should actually bring women together turns into a platform where we bring arms out. I'm beginning to believe it's inevitable.

Anyways C.fours has a point, women are more loyal to one another than men. They form more intimate bonds with one another, I believe friendships between females are more meaningful chicks ride or die together.

You also have a point, but you have to understand it makes you seem as if you're sitting on a high horse. What kind of women only observes the bad attitudes of other women?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Sagamite(m): 9:34am On May 23, 2012
queensmith:

Try to be objective here- you are making a post about women being katty, but you are also being katty in the process. and behaving in the exact same way we are calling women out for.

In the process a discussion which should actually bring women together turns into a platform where we bring arms out. I'm beginning to believe it's inevitable.

Anyways C.fours has a point, women are more loyal to one another than men. They form more intimate bonds with one another, I believe friendships between females are more meaningful chicks ride or die together.

You also have a point, but you have to understand it makes you seem as if you're sitting on a high horse. What kind of women only observes the bad attitudes of other women?

Whatever you are smoking should not be categorised Class C, it should be Class A.

I am yet to see any man that says he prefers female friends because they are less trouble, but I know tens of woman that would say the reverse.

Stop giving deluded comments.

Using this example I gave earlier:

Sagamite:

If you are the one that is close friends with a girl like Missy B and you go clubbing with her, are you telling me you will not do you best to block all guys approaching her?

Would you be comfortable she is getting all the attraction from guys? Would you allow her to be taken away by a guy and you are left standing/dancing on your own?
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 9:35am On May 23, 2012
queensmith:

Yes I was catty towards c.fours, but after she tried not once, but twice to point an accusatory finger at me for no apparent reason. . .she was actually calling me either stupid or a hypocrite. I have the right to call out someone who talks and acts rude, be they a woman or a man.

I created this thread, after reading a lot from female posters on this particular section (and also from my life experience). Some female posters did end their posts with: women are indeed their worst enemies. I just thought I should turn it into a topic because at a point I got so disgusted at the way women were so quick to turn against other women for a mere conventional reason and the saying appeared more true than false.

I was actually surprised when I saw a particular poster agreeing with the title. tongue tongue
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by queensmith: 9:37am On May 23, 2012
Sagamite:

I am yet to see any man that says he prefers female friends because they are less trouble, but I know tens of woman that would say the reverse.

I can imagine things are different for you gays. But straight men do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor / Man Missing Since 2008 (Pictured) / Man Loses Marriage For Accusing Wife Of Making Love With Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.