Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,032 members, 7,970,189 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 10:41 PM

My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre (6373 Views)

APC RALLY In Ikwerre LGA, Rivers State (Photos) / 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War / My Letter To Governor "Brf" On "Social Amenities Maintenance Proposal" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by Rhino5dm: 9:06am On May 23, 2012
Who decide what to comment on or not? I'm going to allow you say whatever you want, for the fact that I respect your maturity and calmness, and ofcourse, as earlier pointed by my brother herculesO7 in his post. That said.

By the way, take your time and sample the opinion of the average Ikwerre man on your biafra or his alleged Ibon-ess.

Look, the gap is becoming wider and the distrust is shining brightly like mid-day sun rays. I have lived with them for more than four years(on and off, since I shuttle from my village in south west to PH). The only word am going to add here is that, they despise Ibos like some lethal snakes.

Walk to ANY Ikwerre community and ask them if they are Ibos.. You stand the chance of being lyched by angry mobs. So, it baffles me how you guys would decide and pretend to avoid the glaring reality by appealing to your sentiments with facde.

Dude, we are not in 18 century AD and the average Ikwerre understands the consequence of not belonging to the "OIL RICH NIGER-DELTA" and the sheer greediness of the Ibos(his so-called brother). There are history and there is transformation which is dynamic!!

The middle-belt is doing everything possible to detached herself from core north and it is only matter of time before she completely denouced her northern-ess. It is up to the Ikwerres to decide if they are Ibos or not.

Give it up, it won't work or atleast not in this life!

Abagworo:

As I've said, Southeasterners should plan as Southeasterners and leave any Igbos outside the Southeast unless such groups seek for affiliation.

[b]As for rhino [/b]and any other bigot coming here to compare this situation with Itsekiri/Yoruba, they should read history, culture and language well before doing such. Itsekiri is without doubt related to Yoruba but has always had a different identity. No one can show evidence of Ikwerre ethnic nationality prior to 1960s. Itsekiri has been in existence since 16th century.
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by noiseless: 10:51am On May 23, 2012
And you really think we are gonna be suprised with this level of your frusration that we are still alive today? Listen my dear SPAGHETTI LEGGED & OVERWEIGHT UPPER BODIED "friend" ofcours they can tell you whatever pleases you, especially when you are a YAHOO YAHOO YIROBA A RELATIVE TO ADEKUNLE who they recalled bragging about shooting at everything that moves and doesn't move, A FEDERAL AGENT they recalled also how the same ADEKUNLE & his YAHOO YAHOO YOROOBA GANGS murdered in cold blood most of their IJAW neighbours(ADAKA BORO & CO) who were fighting in the same side him (ADEKUNLE), it's amazing how the real colprits try too hard to ignore the fact their the evil they which they met others with can no longer be hiden nomatter how they try. MALAM RHINO.5DM, maybe i should ask you to take your assignment of opinion polls regarding NDIGBO & OTHERS IN EASTRN REGION AS ONE COUNTRY beyond the ikwerres and go further into their IJAW neigbours whose son ADAKA BORO was ambushed by YOUR EVER TREACHEROUS Yoruba SONS LIKE ADEKUNLE & HIS GANGS SELFISH GLORY DESPERATE HUNTERS, then when you finish your opinion polls there you can roll your OBESE UPPER BODY back so we can chat.
Rhino.5dm:
Who decide what to comment on or not? I'm going to allow you say whatever you want, for the fact that I respect your maturity and calmness, and ofcourse, as earlier pointed by my brother herculesO7 in his post. That said.

By the way, take your time and sample the opinion of the average Ikwerre man on your biafra or his alleged Ibon-ess.

Look, the gap is becoming wider and the distrust is shining brightly like mid-day sun rays. I have lived with them for more than four years(on and off, since I shuttle from my village in south west to PH). The only word am going to add here is that, they despise Ibos like some lethal snakes.

Walk to ANY Ikwerre community and ask them if they are Ibos.. You stand the chance of being lyched by angry mobs. So, it baffles me how you guys would decide and pretend to avoid the glaring reality by appealing to your sentiments with facde.

Dude, we are not in 18 century AD and the average Ikwerre understands the consequence of not belonging to the "OIL RICH NIGER-DELTA" and the sheer greediness of the Ibos(his so-called brother). There are history and there is transformation which is dynamic!!

The middle-belt is doing everything possible to detached herself from core north and it is only matter of time before she completely denouced her northern-ess. It is up to the Ikwerres to decide if they are Ibos or not.

Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by noiseless: 12:56pm On May 23, 2012
No wonder your frustration is so high,perhaps one of your YAHOO YAHOO Yoruba oil greed kinsmen hired you to be his PA while plundering the Ikwerres and their neighbours oil for many years using your devilish device known only to YAHOO YAHOO YAROBAS & THERIR MASTERS to lie and confuse in order to steal their resources, now that your overweight upper body on your tiny spaghetti legs is kicked out, you are now running around shouting ibo ibo, cos no more bloody awuf and stolen oil money, you have not seen anything yet! everything must go back to rightful owners and not scavangers who would be on a boat every day from their village in yorokpaland only to come and steal in the east.MR.YAHOO YAHOO YORIKPA AND GREED FOR OIL, yes the avarage Ikwerre understands the importants of belonging to oil rich NIGER DELTA, oh you still think they don't know what brings the dead body of an Yoruba to their community every day, they know now that it's not friendship,not brotherhood,not the spirit of your YAHOO YAHOO "ONE NIGERIA" and certainly is your greedness and hunger to steal crude oil money. My YAHOO YAHOO Yoruba & CRUDEMMANU GREEDY "FRIEND" the same NIGER DELTA headed by the IJAWS were calling on NDIGBO to JOIN THEM break away from your YAHOO YAHOO NIGERIA to form our own country FREE OF BLOODY DOGS & BABOONS. Let me correct my Yoruba and crudemmanu thief that the Ikerres don't need to belond to "OIL RICH NIGER DELTA" cos just like every community around the area from Imo,Abia,Rivers,Bayelsa,Akwa Ibon,Cross River and Delta have oil, I haven't mentioned Anambra,Enugu and co yet our lives don't depend on that oil unlike my YAHOO YAHOO YORIKPA GREEDY & SELFISH THIEVES. And one more thing yes because of your greedy for oil you can open your DOGS & BABOONS MOUTH to say Ikwerres are not Igbos only when it suits you, but you can go ahead hurling insults on your president who is not even Ikwerre but Ijaw and call him all sort of names as Igboman just to show your frustration, how much more if he was Ikwerre, my dear, you and your gangs are not clever and the Ikwerres or Ijaws and others can not be fooled by your likes.
Rhino.5dm:

Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by odumchi: 9:47pm On May 23, 2012
ChinenyeN: "My brother, we are no longer in the year 1880, this is 2012"; Why do people insist on making these kinds of arguments as if it really means anything?

Someone being aware of his/her environment does not mean that they must force themselves to accept the status of "clan" or "sub-group". I mean really, what is that, "sub-group"? So now, I will play "sub-group" with people that I otherwise have no grouping with, and for what? As it stands now, we are yet to witness any truly beneficial result, emerging from this whiteman-sponsored amalgam. How much longer do you intend for us "sub-groups" to continue waiting, and what are we even waiting for? Do elaborate. This confederation of "sub-groups" has apparently not gotten far since its conception, yet you cannot understand why "sub-groups" (as people so love to call them now) would want to disassociate? This stringy "Igbo" union we've got going on now is not one of kinship, my friend, but of convenience and politics. If you want for it to be maintained, then search for solutions which will make it politically convenient for us "sub-groups" (ugh) to continue to associate.

By the way, your large/small family analogy does not make sense in the "Igbo" context.

What is "being in your own environment"? This type of attitude is the reason it seems as if we (Oha Ndi Igbo) aren't progressing. What do you have against others that makes you detest the idea of being categorized with them? Is it not enough that we all speak variations of the same language, practice similar traditions, and share similar religious beliefs?
If you can't fathom being in a political union with men from Aboh, Mbaise, or Nkanu (who are the closest to kin that you will find in Nigeria), who then will you be willing to unite (politically) with? Is it the Annang or the Ibibio?

Chinenye, I know you are an Ngwa but bear in mind that Ngwa people are not all the same. There are various micro-groups and sub-dialects within the Ngwa people. So what then would happen if these sub-people decided they wanted to be on their own and form their own "mini-ethnic groups"? What if the Obioma people formed Obioma ethnicity and the Isiala people formed Isiala ethnicity? And then certain towns in Isiala decide to form their own ethnicity and certain families within those towns form their own ethnicities. What then? It's the exact same principle that you're applying.

Another example would be Japanese people. The Japanese are like the Igbo (in terms of subgroups). The Japanese language has various sub-groups and languages that vary in levels of intelligibility. A Northern Japanese man will not understand most of the dialect of a southern Japanese man (if he hasn't had previous exposure to it) but yet, they both identify as Japanese and are still working together for their common good.

The Ibibio people are also the same. In actuality, the Ibibio, Ikpanja, Efik, Oron, Eket, and Annang could eaisly unite (politically of course) to form one people. This would thus give them more leverage in Nigerian politics.

My point in all this is that similar peoples must unite politically in order to ensure their common good. However on the cultural level, let everyone do as he pleases.
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by Afam4eva(m): 10:11pm On May 23, 2012
Nice one Odumchi. Chinenye has to understand that the same login she's espousing can also apply to the sub-groups and even down to villages and families, so it will be better for all of us that share a similar language, culture, tradition and way of life to come together and forge a common front. As for the Ikwerre people. The people that are pushing foer this Ikwerre ethnic group are mostly those that were born before the civil war. It's just a matter for them to join their ancestors so that young anf bright Ikwerres can take over the mantle of leadership and see the need to identify with the greater Ndigbo.
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by ChinenyeN(m): 11:07pm On May 23, 2012
I see you attempted to expand my "principle" to Ngwa, in order to prove a point. Enyi, this your attempt to expand whatever "principle" does not work. This "sub-group" issue cannot translate the same from "Igbo" to Ngwa, because the contexts between the two are not the same, or are you unaware of that? Anyway, we'll leave Ngwa out of this, to avoid you beginning something that you do not know. We will focus only on this "Igbo" context, and we will speak in relation to this "Igbo" context.

Now, reading your entire post, it seems to me that you did not understand my own post very well (either that, or you did not read it well). In your latest response, you opened up with the question What is "being in your own environment"?, which I can only assume is your reaction to the below:
ChinenyeN: Someone being aware of his/her environment. . .

If it happens that the basis of your response to me is the above quote, then I think it would be in our collective best interests for you to reread my post. That way, we can both be on the same page. Besides, if you reread my post, you might just come to find out that you misjudged my "attitude".
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by bittyend(m): 11:15pm On May 23, 2012
Igbos and their domineering way of life.. Why are you writing those who don't want to be part of your ethnic group?? You guys are funny people smh..

Have you ever seen a yoruba man write to ebira people to claim their yoruba ancestry?

Have hausa people ever written to southern kaduna people? Why are you guys so forceful and different?

I hope the guy tears the letter. I doubt he's going to respond. cheesy
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by AndreUweh(m): 11:30pm On May 23, 2012
bittyend: Igbos and their domineering way of life.. Why are you writing those who don't want to be part of your ethnic group?? You guys are funny people smh..

Have you ever seen a yoruba man write to ebira people to claim their yoruba ancestry?

Have hausa people ever written to southern kaduna people? Why are you guys so forceful and different?

I hope the guy tears the letter. I doubt he's going to respond. cheesy
Dude, you are a no-brainer. Have you ever seen any such letter from an Igbo to Okrika, Kalabari, Efik, Ekoi, or Isoko.
This letter is just as a Yoruba will write to Ijebus about their ancestry.
I know that your mum did not feed you from her rectum when you were a baby, please do not let nairalanders think in that line.
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by AndreUweh(m): 11:35pm On May 23, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

This above idiotic post is laughable. How many times have the Ikwerres killed the Ijaws and Ogonis talkless of killing their Igbo kins. Where you drunk when you chatted the above rubbish?.

If the Ikwerres have not killed the Ogonis and Kalabaris, how can they now kill their Igbo kins. Why do you always want Nairalanders to look at you as if you are a fool?.
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by odumchi: 12:33am On May 24, 2012
ChinenyeN: I see you attempted to expand my "principle" to Ngwa, in order to prove a point. Enyi, this your attempt to expand whatever "principle" does not work. This "sub-group" issue cannot translate the same from "Igbo" to Ngwa, because the contexts between the two are not the same, or are you unaware of that? Anyway, we'll leave Ngwa out of this, to avoid you beginning something that you do not know. We will focus only on this "Igbo" context, and we will speak in relation to this "Igbo" context.

Now, reading your entire post, it seems to me that you did not understand my own post very well (either that, or you did not read it well). In your latest response, you opened up with the question What is "being in your own environment"?, which I can only assume is your reaction to the below:

If it happens that the basis of your response to me is the above quote, then I think it would be in our collective best interests for you to reread my post. That way, we can both be on the same page. Besides, if you reread my post, you might just come to find out that you misjudged my "attitude".

I've re-read your post and rom my inference, it seems as if you have declared that the negatives of the Igbo union outweigh the fruits. I personally believe that the fact that Ndi Igbo are still standing today should be attested to this our political union. Imagine what would've happened if the Igbo were disenfranchised with each other during the pogroms of the 60s or during the war? How then would we have made a collective response (Biafra)?

You also said:

ChinenyeN: If you want for it to be maintained, then search for solutions which will make it politically convenient for us "sub-groups" (ugh) to continue to associate

I'm not saying that the Igbo ethnic group's current position is perfect. I perfectly agree with you that there are some things thatneed fixing within this political structure. But, don't you think this is what you and I should be doing? Shouldn't our purpose be to find ways in which we can help ourselves and our nighbors?

Btw, I only brought up the Ngwa to make a comparison because I knew it would hit home. Anyway, like you requested, I'll drop the Ngwa topic.
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by Rhino5dm: 9:37am On May 24, 2012
Truth must be told. No one is going to buy your senseless propaganda. The Ikwerres are NOT Ibos, so quit trying to force yourself on them. Call me whatever you want, it won't change the glaring realities. Funny, most of you writing nonsense here can't even point to one ikwerre man, yet you kept on churning daft theories to comfort each other.

Infact, most of them despise Ibos with passion. Only on the pages of the internet you would see expansionist claiming what belongs to others. In some places, the Ikwerres have placed embergo on selling of properties to you Ibos. Omok in rivers state is an example of such. If you sell your land to ibo in Omok, you die.

Andre Uweh:
If the Ikwerres have not killed the Ogonis and Kalabaris, how can they now kill their Igbo kins. Why do you always want Nairalanders to look at you as if you are a fool?.
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by AndreUweh(m): 10:41am On May 24, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Truth must be told. No one is going to buy your senseless propaganda. The Ikwerres are NOT Ibos, so quit trying to force yourself on them. Call me whatever you want, it won't change the glaring realities. Funny, most of you writing nonsense here can't even point to one ikwerre man, yet you kept on churning daft theories to comfort each other.

Infact, most of them despise Ibos with passion. Only on the pages of the internet you would see expansionist claiming what belongs to others. In some places, the Ikwerres have placed embergo on selling of properties to you Ibos. Omok in rivers state is an example of such. If you sell your land to ibo in Omok, you die.

What a shame that you do not know the difference between Omoku and Ikwerre. You have been going about with falsehood about the Ikwerres yet do not know that Omoku is not Ikwerre. Shameful.
This your moronic idea of not selling land to the Igbo should not arise here. In the first place you do not know where Omoku is, neither do you know their ethnic composition. Secondly, you do not have any evidence that suggest that Omoku people do not sell land to Ndigbo. Is this another story your grandpa told you?.
The Ikwerre have never recorded clashes between them and their Igbo kins and that willl never be. It is only dimwits like you who have been fighting hard to create divisions where none exist. You have failed before and will still fail again.
On the issue of selling land, no be today. My cousin in Jos could not buy the timber park where he had been a tenant for 8 years from the landlord. Now the Timber park belongs to him because the Benue man who bought the park sold it to mim without hesistation. To Ndigbo, such nonsense does not worry them.
Just quit chatting what you do not know.
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by noiseless: 1:14pm On May 24, 2012
Don't worry sooner or later all the YAHOO YAHOO Yoruba & their northern DOGS & BABOONS SOAKING BLOOD with illigal oil well license will be sorted really good and Ikwerres and other rightful owners of the resouces will have back and enjoy what belongs to them, cos this whats bringing uninvited vultures like the BLOODY GREEDY BABOONS AND DOGS. When that happens parasites like you will then learn to make sure you do the cocoa and sugar cain farming, cos we will need our millo and sugar, but if you rather choose the TALIBAN WAY your choice then we import them from outside and others will enjoy doing trade with us.ONCE AGAIN GET READY FOR ENDY OF ILLIGAL OIL WELL LICENSE.
Rhino.5dm:

Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by Dede1(m): 2:20pm On May 24, 2012
ChinenyeN:
I see you attempted to expand my "principle" to Ngwa, in order to prove a point. Enyi, this your attempt to expand whatever "principle" does not work. This "sub-group" issue cannot translate the same from "Igbo" to Ngwa, because the contexts between the two are not the same, or are you unaware of that? Anyway, we'll leave Ngwa out of this, to avoid you beginning something that you do not know. We will focus only on this "Igbo" context, and we will speak in relation to this "Igbo" context.

ChinenyeN: Someone being aware of his/her environment. . .

One who does not know the start point of a journey will never reach the destination. If we should follow your skewed premise with existence of subdivision in Ngwa, baring Ukwa, the talk of Izu Ngwa is utter rubbish. Seriously, I do not regard large cross of the so called Ikwerre people. The stupid shenanigans put up by Elechi Amadi’s cohorts had forced the people Etche (Eche) to distance themselves from Ikwerre. Anybody who is scared to bone on simple mention of disintegration of Nigeria has serious cultural and irredeemable identity issues.
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by Dede1(m): 2:32pm On May 24, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

I guess a drooling mor0n such as you does not know when to shut up your putrid mouth. Ikwerre shall be ceded to Oodua Republic when Nigeria disintegrates so that you can stop foaming from the mouth. Chief Emmanual Aguma is Ikweere and Dr Francis Ellah was Omoku and both were pioneer founders of Ohanaeze Ndigbo as well as held prominent positions in the apex cultural organization of Ndigbo.
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by Rhino5dm: 2:36pm On May 24, 2012
Your case is even worst than I earlier thought. Why do you lie so much? Stop exposing your ignorance over internet. By the way, lets meet up within the weekend and go to Omok, I'm willing to meet YOU anywhere in rivers state,I have just cancelled my movement back home. Lets do it TOGETHER!! I'm going to foot the bill of all your expenses, hotel and feeding inclusive.. Just accept my offer.

I hate it when you dubious people come to internet and start lying. STOP lying . .STOP lying!!! Damn!!!!.

Take the offer, and lets thrash this issue out once and for all. Do you think I'm joking? Signify your intrest by sending me a blank mail and wait for my reply.

Andre Uweh:

What a shame that you do not know the difference between Omoku and Ikwerre. You have been going about with falsehood about the Ikwerres yet do not know that Omoku is not Ikwerre. Shameful.
This your moronic idea of not selling land to the Igbo should not arise here. In the first place you do not know where Omoku is, neither do you know their ethnic composition. Secondly, you do not have any evidence that suggest that Omoku people do not sell land to Ndigbo. Is this another story your grandpa told you?.
The Ikwerre have never recorded clashes between them and their Igbo kins and that willl never be. It is only dimwits like you who have been fighting hard to create divisions where none exist. You have failed before and will still fail again.
On the issue of selling land, no be today. My cousin in Jos could not buy the timber park where he had been a tenant for 8 years from the landlord. Now the Timber park belongs to him because the Benue man who bought the park sold it to mim without hesistation. To Ndigbo, such nonsense does not worry them.
Just quit chatting what you do not know.
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by Rhino5dm: 2:46pm On May 24, 2012
Am not in the mood of playing with grandpas with frozen brains. What next? Start telling me about 1967? How do you expect me to take the words or some expansionist over the people I lived with for more than four years and marry from? They don't want to be call ibos and thats just what they want. Na by force?

Dede1:

I guess a drooling mor0n such as you does not know when to shut up your putrid mouth. Ikwerre shall be ceded to Oodua Republic when Nigeria disintegrates so that you can stop foaming from the mouth. Chief Emmanual Aguma is Ikweere and Dr Francis Ellah was Omoku and both were pioneer founders of Ohanaeze Ndigbo as well as held prominent positions in the apex cultural organization of Ndigbo.
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by Chyz2: 3:03pm On May 24, 2012
I don't see why Andre Uweh and dede1 are discussing with non-igbos on this thread. Cut it out and stop entertaining ignorance.
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by ChinenyeN(m): 3:39pm On May 24, 2012
odumchi:
I'm not saying that the Igbo ethnic group's current position is perfect. I perfectly agree with you that there are some things thatneed fixing within this political structure. But, don't you think this is what you and I should be doing? Shouldn't our purpose be to find ways in which we can help ourselves and our nighbors?

It is now that you have finally begun to realize what my "premise" has been this entire time. It was never about the "sub-groups", but about the union itself. This union is becoming increasingly unattractive, the longer things go unfixed. As a consequence, it shouldn't be difficult to imagine a people's (I'm done with the words sub-group and clan) desire to opt-out and remain opted out. After all, none are under any obligation what so ever to remain, because as I stated earlier, this union is born from convenience and politics. If things continue to be politically inconvenient, then a people's disassociation should not come as a surprise.

As for what a person's puprose should be; there is no such thing as purpose in this context. If you want to fix what has remained unfixed, then you do so. If you feel so strongly about this outsider-sponsored amalgam, then you do something about it. Do what you can to counteract the current state of unattractiveness. Here, there is no we or our. A koruora oko ngwere ya akuruo isi. If you (or anyone else) know(s) what you need to do to make this union more attractive to peoples (i.e. politically conveinent), then do so. Don't expect disgruntled collective people to put so much effort into something they have little to no belief in.

odumchi: Btw, I only brought up the Ngwa to make a comparison because I knew it would hit home. Anyway, like you requested, I'll drop the Ngwa topic.
Nothing hit home, other than the unfitting comparison you decided to make between Igbo and Ngwa.
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by Dede1(m): 6:27pm On May 24, 2012
ChinenyeN:
It is now that you have finally begun to realize what my "premise" has been this entire time. It was never about the "sub-groups", but about the union itself. This union is becoming increasingly unattractive, the longer things go unfixed. As a consequence, it shouldn't be difficult to imagine a people's (I'm done with the words sub-group and clan) desire to opt-out and remain opted out. After all, none are under any obligation what so ever to remain, because as I stated earlier, this union is born from convenience and politics. If things continue to be politically inconvenient, then a people's disassociation should not come as a surprise.

As for what a person's puprose should be; there is no such thing as purpose in this context. If you want to fix what has remained unfixed, then you do so. If you feel so strongly about this outsider-sponsored amalgam, then you do something about it. Do what you can to counteract the current state of unattractiveness. Here, there is no we or our. A koruora oko ngwere ya akuruo isi. If you (or anyone else) know(s) what you need to do to make this union more attractive to peoples (i.e. politically conveinent), then do so. Don't expect disgruntled collective people to put so much effort into something they have little to no belief in.

Nothing hit home, other than the unfitting comparison you decided to make between Igbo and Ngwa.

Who do you consciously expect to make the union politically and economically convenience so the interactive amalgam would be a smooth ride for opportunists? If the go-getters make the union a paradise and decide to corner the largest portion of it as reserved enclave, myopic opportunists shall be the first to mount the pulpit with bullhorns in hand announcing to the world how they have pushed aside in a project which is collectively owned.

What gives me pits today is the sight of economic downturn of the turncoats in eastern region of Nigeria who thought or assumed the “moronic northerners” would turn the fortune of eastern region over to them. All I can say and continue to pray about is continuous socio-politico-economic woes of Nigeria so that perceived disintegration will arrive sooner than expected.
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by Onlytruth(m): 6:57pm On May 24, 2012
Dede1:

Who do you consciously expect to make the union politically and economically convenience so the interactive amalgam would be a smooth ride for opportunists? If the go-getters make the union a paradise and decide to corner the largest portion of it as reserved enclave, myopic opportunists shall be the first to mount the pulpit with bullhorns in hand announcing to the world how they have pushed aside in a project which is collectively owned.

What gives me pits today is the sight of economic downturn of the turncoats in eastern region of Nigeria who thought or assumed the “moronic northerners” would turn the fortune of eastern region over to them. All I can say and continue to pray about is continuous socio-politico-economic woes of Nigeria so that perceived disintegration will arrive sooner than expected.

Honestly, if not for the overwhelming desire by Ndigbo to leave Nigeria, I would have seriously dropped the idea of secession. I am convinced, that the best vengeance Ndigbo and her civil war allies can have is to stay in Nigeria and use the Nigerian system to deal with our civil war foes. Nigeria is a very beautiful weapon of oppression.
It is sometimes amazing to me that any minority would want to stake their future in this system which is for grabs by major groups. It is even more amazing to me that anyone would split away from any major tribe in Nigeria.
This is part of why you see some Igbo who are equally against secession.
We can eat our cakes and still have it in Nigeria. Eziokwu. All we need is to meet and agree with other major tribes about power sharing, and we would simply join the feast of thieves and oppressors. cool
I don't know for how long I would resist the temptation to join that feast. cool sad
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by afrodiva: 6:22am On May 25, 2012
Mr igbo ur supposed first wife miss ikwerre divorced and dumped ur igbotic ass for better lovers more than 40 yrs ago quit whining and get a life. All these stories of ikwerres being part of ohaneze blah blah blah doesn't cut it.the fact that a letter like this is been written shows the true state of affairs .this ur internet propaganda ain't working. U need to go to ikwerre websites and see how the ikwerres despise Yu guys. Next thing u know Andre uweh will start claiming ahoada but doesn't know the name of his village or if its ahoada east or west.
Fyi rhino is right its a treasonable offence to sell land to igbos in ogbaland ( omoku) . Francis ellah was severely sanctioned
By ogbafolks for trying to drag them into ur ohaneze.just leave the mbamiris alone they are very happy with their fellow mbamiri ijaw lovers
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by Rhino5dm: 7:31am On May 25, 2012
@ Bold, they can only play their propaganda over the internet when we know sharp contrast exist in real life. Funny, the Omok community as fondly called only place the restrictions on ibos!. Any other tribe can walk in, strike a deal, pay for "marching ground" fee and provide two mid-sized goats for the community head and walk out with certificate of ownership(occupancy). I hate it when people start peddling lies over the internet, afteral the ikwerres don't make loud noise or beat their chest.

Yesterday after chilling out with a friend at a joint(name withheld) which happens to be an ikwerre man from Orazi, he became intrested in seeing what I was busy typing with my phone and I gave him to read, after telling him about nairaland he laughed and said "don't mind the greedy people".

I'm still waiting for adrew uweh to honor my challenge by responding to it, what more can I say than, I'm willing to foot the bill, transport, hotel and chooping inclusive. Soo many people would want to tell you negative things about the ikwerres and all that. But go close them, you would find them very cool and calm to those that meant well to them.(atleast my wife is a living proof) cool

afrodiva: Mr igbo ur supposed first wife miss ikwerre divorced and dumped ur igbotic ass for better lovers more than 40 yrs ago quit whining and get a life. All these stories of ikwerres being part of ohaneze blah blah blah doesn't cut it.the fact that a letter like this is been written shows the true state of affairs .this ur internet propaganda ain't working. U need to go to ikwerre websites and see how the ikwerres despise Yu guys. Next thing u know Andre uweh will start claiming ahoada but doesn't know the name of his village or if its ahoada east or west.
Fyi rhino is right its a treasonable offence to sell land to igbos in ogbaland ( omoku) . Francis ellah was severely sanctioned
By ogbafolks for trying to drag them into ur ohaneze.just leave the mbamiris alone they are very happy with their fellow mbamiri ijaw lovers
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by Abagworo(m): 8:50am On May 25, 2012
All these insults should stop. I know far more than all these people running their mouth here.

afrodiva: Mr igbo ur supposed first wife miss ikwerre divorced and dumped ur igbotic ass for better lovers more than 40 yrs ago quit whining and get a life. All these stories of ikwerres being part of ohaneze blah blah blah doesn't cut it.the fact that a letter like this is been written shows the true state of affairs .this ur internet propaganda ain't working. U need to go to ikwerre websites and see how the ikwerres despise Yu guys. Next thing u know Andre uweh will start claiming ahoada but doesn't know the name of his village or if its ahoada east or west.
All these insults should stop. I know far more than all these people running their mouth here. Ikwerre is not Mbamiri. Mbamiri means "riverine people". Ikwerres use the word "mbamiri" in reference to all riverine people.don't mistake it with "rukwo". Same as every other Igbo. If you read this thread well, you will discover that nobody has disputed Ikwerres right to decide, therefore what you wrote above has nothing to do with the topic. Odumchi is only worried about the lies and cover ups that need to be exposed before the truth is lost in time.

Again as a miss know all can you please define what makes one Igbo or not apart from language, culture and traditional religion?
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by AndreUweh(m): 9:40am On May 25, 2012
Where is this fool coming out from?. How on earth do claim Ahoada when I have always created threads about my own Isinweke community several times. It seems the best way for fools to get cheap popularity in nairaland is to comment on Igbo affairs.
Lil niggy, provide evidence that supports your claim that it is a taboo to sell land to Igbo people in Omoku. Failure to do this will mean you should shut your stinking mouth up. Ediott.
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by afrodiva: 10:59am On May 25, 2012
Abagworo ,u could never ever know more than i do regarding my state , rivers state and its constituent ethnicities .
Yu all throw out these language, culture and religion argument which is faulty and controversial. However the. Fundamental issue here is the ikwerre mans sovereignity and right to call himself as he pleases. It is irrelevant if the civil war or non civil war caused the divide , its not about similarity in culture or language, heck even within the ikwerre clans there are differences in language and cultural practises the ikwerre wants to be identified as ikwerre not igbo. Even if he was known as igbo before which is still controversial, the ikwerre now wants to be known as such they no longer want to be submerged in an igbo identity.
Someone mentioned the itsekiri differentiating from Yoruba since the 16 th century. So does the length of time invalidate the wishes of the ikwerre. ? The contention should be between the ikwerre who are pro igbo and those who are not.
Andrew uweh claimed ahoda when his username was abadaba until he was nabbed.
see all the insults from uweh, why does this issue always make u guys so bitter? So full of bile over this issues. It beats me why the Almighty igbo kwenu give themselves sleepless nights over ikwerre people.is it post traumatic stress syndrome caused by the civil war.
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by Abagworo(m): 11:15am On May 25, 2012
afrodiva: Abagworo ,u could never ever know more than i do regarding my state , rivers state and its constituent ethnicities .
Yu all throw out these language, culture and religion argument which is faulty and controversial. However the. Fundamental issue here is the ikwerre mans sovereignity and right to call himself as he pleases. It is irrelevant if the civil war or non civil war caused the divide , its not about similarity in culture or language, heck even within the ikwerre clans there are differences in language and cultural practises the ikwerre wants to be identified as ikwerre not igbo. Even if he was known as igbo before which is still controversial, the ikwerre now wants to be known as such they no longer want to be submerged in an igbo identity.

If this is the case then we have no issues at all. In case you did not know, my mother is from Ikwerre and I grew up with her and surrounded by her people. I owe allegiance to the two divides. Where exactly are you from in Rivers? I guess it should be Ekpeye,Engenni or Abua..
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by Abagworo(m): 11:16am On May 25, 2012
afrodiva: Abagworo ,u could never ever know more than i do regarding my state , rivers state and its constituent ethnicities .

If this is the case then we have no issues at all. In case you did not know, my mother is from Ikwerre and I grew up with her and surrounded by her people. I owe allegiance to the two divides. Where exactly are you from in Rivers? I guess it should be Ekpeye,Engenni or Abua..
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by Afam4eva(m): 11:25am On May 25, 2012
@Afrodiva
I checked your post history and i noticed how obsessed you are with Igbos claiming Ikwerre. If i may ask, are you Ikwerre? So, what business of yours is it if we keep identifying with Ikwerres which is normal considering the language and cultural similarities between the two. I could care less if Ikwerres call themselves Igbos but that won't change the fact that they'll always be identified as an Igboid group and the relation between them and their kits and kin will be the closest compared to other groups. The fact that Ikwerres say they're not Igbos will not prevent a certain "Julius Agwu" from identifying more with Igbos than other Nigerians. It will also notmean that Igbos in port-hacourt will not feel at home like they would in Enugu or Aba. And if Ikwerres come out and claim that they're Igbos, how does that change the price of okporoko in Oyingbo market? Ikwerres will still own Port-hacourt and not eastern Igbos. Just the same way Ngwa people own Aba and not any other Igbo. What exactly goes through your mind when you fathom the possibility of Ikwerres calling themselves Igbos. Nothing changes. So, stop giving yourself unnecessary headache.
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by AndreUweh(m): 11:52am On May 25, 2012
Someone mentioned the itsekiri differentiating from Yoruba since the 16 th century. So does the length of time invalidate the wishes of the ikwerre. ? The contention should be between the ikwerre who are pro igbo and those who are not.
Andrew uweh claimed ahoda when his username was abadaba until he was nabbed.
see all the insults from uweh, why does this issue always make u guys so bitter? So full of bile over this issues. It beats me why the Almighty igbo kwenu give themselves sleepless nights over ikwerre people.is it post traumatic stress syndrome caused by the civil war.
Why does anything Igbo choke you in your dreams. In all your posts, it is always about Igbo this and that, or about one Igbo person or the other. Why are you forcing yourself to be Igbo. Oh because they are better than you in anything.
Am waiting for your evidence about Igbo people not been able to acquire land in Omoku, yet as am talking to you Igbo people are fast building hostels and accommodation centres near The college of education and sorroundings of that town. Tell me who has refused to sell land to Igbo, or name one Igbo that has been denied buying land in Omoku.
Ihere adighi eme gi. Ihe ndi Igbo na amasi gi, mana osukosu nwankpi na su gi ekwe gi nwe oganihu. Over to you shameless Igbo hater.
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by odumchi: 8:04pm On May 25, 2012
ChinenyeN:

I don't think you're aware of the pressures and forces that have swelled up against the Ndi Igbo in Nigeria. If things are difficult for us now how much more will they be if we were to divide?

No confederation is perfect, therefore there will always be problems that arise. However, these things should be discussed and solved. I also believe, that it is our duty (as Igbo sons and daughters) to work for the betterment of out peoples because ultimately all of these things affect us. There is no way that anyone can fully declare themself "independent" because what affects one will, in one way another, affect the other.

The Ikwerre, in this case, decided to disassociate themselves from the Igbo; hoping that their problems would be solved. However, they can't be farther from the truth. As long as we are in this Nigeria, the problems plaguing the Igbo will continue to plague them (to some degree) in greater magnitude.

I hope that, even if you don't agree, you will realize that external pressures cause internal changes. One last analogy I'll give is the formation of Germany. The Germans are, in many ways, like the Igbo. They all speak variations of German, practice similar cultures, and are interconnected politically. Now, prior to the formation of Germany in 1870, the German states existed independently of one another just like the Igbo in the same era. However, the rise of their neighbors (namely France and Poland) caused them to unite politically in order to protect their own sovereignty. In this union, there were definatley problems since certain German groups felt marginalised while others dominated (Prussia). Over the centuries, with continuous dialogue and legislation, most these problems were solved.

This union did not force any of these individual German groups to compromise their culture or interests. Rather, they pooled their population, resources, and energy in order to work for their common good. Today they form the most populous nation in Central Europe (just like the Igbo do in Eastern Nigeria). The Igbo situation is no different and we must see ourselves as capable of doing the same. It doesn't help to be uninterested or to be disenfranchised with each other when we know the consequences.

My point in all this is that any people that decide to completely isolate themselves from their counterparts are setting themsleves on the path to destruction (politically). The Ikwerre (some of them) took it a step further by attemtping to twist and derrange history to a point where the truth would be forever hidden amid fallacy and daydreams, and it seems that their main organization (Ogbakor Ikwerre) doesn't give a hoot.
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by noiseless: 11:18pm On May 25, 2012
Who appointed the Yorubas to be speaking on behalf of the Ikwerres?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

National Theatre Should Be Named 'Fatai Rolling Dollar' - Group / Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? / Oyo LG Poll: Aggrieved PDP Chairmanship Aspirants Sues Oyo PDP, OYSIEC To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.