Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,407 members, 7,940,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 08:30 AM

My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre (6342 Views)

APC RALLY In Ikwerre LGA, Rivers State (Photos) / 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War / My Letter To Governor "Brf" On "Social Amenities Maintenance Proposal" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by OneNaira6: 3:12am On May 26, 2012
The Igbo on this forum sometimes irritates me. Una fall into the same person with multiple id trap so many times w/o thinking, it makes me wonder do una pay attention or not. SMH!!!

You people have time sha
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by OneNaira6: 3:43am On May 26, 2012
Abagworo:

As I've said, Southeasterners should plan as Southeasterners and leave any Igbos outside the Southeast unless such groups seek for affiliation.

As for rhino and any other bigot coming here to compare this situation with Itsekiri/Yoruba, they should read history, culture and language well before doing such. Itsekiri is without doubt related to Yoruba but has always had a different identity. No one can show evidence of Ikwerre ethnic nationality prior to 1960s. Itsekiri has been in existence since 16th century.

This is the worst thing I've read on this forum thus far. I wonder what created all the animosity between SE Igbo and the rest of us. SMH!!! While SS Igbo think of and work on improving Igbo as in total without considering anything even though once in a while SE Igbo insult us with ease because of few individuals and also because of those few individuals, FEW INDIVIDUALS, SE would rather draw a wedge from SS Igbo until we seek "affiliation". Fake and real Igbo policy abi? Yet una still wonder why division exist among the community. Sometimes when I read stuff on this forum, I understand what motivated that buffoon named Emeka Esogbue to write his idiotic article.

I don't know what is more painful to watch? Idiots not from our community coming online to speak either on anioma, Onitsha and ikwerre community on this forum all the time or the fact the SE Igbo listen to those 1diot and rather cast themselves away from their own brother because of those 1diots. Continue una self-destruction as long as it makes una happy!!!
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by Onlytruth(m): 4:31am On May 26, 2012
One_Naira:

This is the worst thing I've read on this forum thus far. I wonder what created all this animosity between SE Igbo and the rest of us. SMH!!! While SS Igbo think of and work on improving Igbo as in total without considering anything even though once in a while SE Igbo insult us with easy because of few individuals and also because of those few individuals, FEW INDIVIDUALS, SE would rather draw a wedge from SS Igbo until we seek "affiliation". fake and real igbo policy abi? Yet una still wonder why there is this division among the community. Sometimes when I read stuff in this forum, I can view what motivated that buffoon named Emeka Esogbue to write this idiotic article.

I don't know what is more painful to watch? Idiots not from our community speaking either on anioma, onitsha and ikwerre community on this forum all the time or the fact the SE Igbo listen to those 1diot and rather cast themselves away from their own brother because of those 1diots. Continue una self-destruction as long as it makes una happy!!!

My brother calm down. I don't think that any SE Igbo second guesses Anioma; EVER. In my mind whenever I'm talking about SE, I have already included Anioma in it mentally. If only Nigeria would just conduct a boundary adjustment and create Anioma state to join SE officially. As for the Rivers Igbo, I believe that even Ikwerre can NEVER be removed from greater Igbo nation, talk less of other Igbo groups there. Some of our brothers speak ignorantly.
When I advocate for international airports in SE, it is my way of saying that we cannot wait for Nigeria for ever before we take our destiny into our hands. If Anioma is part of SE today, Asaba automatically takes that position as one of the international airports. I think you should join my council here because you need to know what is really going on.
Contact me at Ezendigbo_nl@hushmail.com cool

I will also invite Chyz and Proud-Igbo when I see them.
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by odumchi: 4:33am On May 26, 2012
One_Naira:

This is the worst thing I've read on this forum thus far. I wonder what created all this animosity between SE Igbo and the rest of us. SMH!!! While SS Igbo think of and work on improving Igbo as in total without considering anything even though once in a while SE Igbo insult us with easy because of few individuals and also because of those few individuals, FEW INDIVIDUALS, SE would rather draw a wedge from SS Igbo until we seek "affiliation". fake and real igbo policy abi? Yet una still wonder why there is this division among the community. Sometimes when I read stuff in this forum, I can view what motivated that buffoon named Emeka Esogbue to write this idiotic article.

I don't know what is more painful to watch? Idiots not from our community speaking either on anioma, onitsha and ikwerre community on this forum all the time or the fact the SE Igbo listen to those 1diot and rather cast themselves away from their own brother because of those 1diots. Continue una self-destruction as long as it makes una happy!!!

Are you referring to me in the bolded?

Anyway, there is no animosity (atleast which I have percieved) between the South Eastern and South Southern Igbo. These terms were not even in existence thiry years ago so they can't be at the heart of any problem.

The only thing that I see is that the Igbo peoples are divided politically; the bulk of the Igbo live in the five South Eastern states while the remainder are scattered in other states. Today, the Igbo (generally) are trying to look past these artificial borders to progress and are attempting to pave one political road for all Igbo to tread, wether South Eastern or South Southern. However, attitudes like that of the Ikwerre and that of Abagworo make this especially difficult.
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by Onlytruth(m): 4:39am On May 26, 2012
Odum, ederem gi email
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by odumchi: 4:49am On May 26, 2012
Onlytruth: Odum, ederem gi email

Nsogbu adighi.
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by OneNaira6: 4:55am On May 26, 2012
odumchi:

Are you referring to me in the bolded?

Anyway, there is no animosity (atleast which I have percieved) between the South Eastern and South Southern Igbo. These terms were not even in existence thiry years ago so they can't be at the heart of any problem.

The only thing that I see is that the Igbo peoples are divided politically; the bulk of the Igbo live in the five South Eastern states while the remainder are scattered in other states. Today, the Igbo (generaly) are trying to look past these artificial borders to progress and are attempting to pave one political road for all Igbo to tread, wether South Eastern or South Southern. However, attitudes like that of the Ikwerre and that of Abagworo make this especially difficult.

No I was not referring to you. It was an error of my fault. I've fixed it.

On the second, I agree. With that type of attitude, the future of Igbo people as in total would always remain shattered. Thank you and onlytruth for providing hope that such attitude is not a common policy among SE. Though I do not want to put him on blast but I hope one day Abagworo realizes it better united than divided.

and onlytruth
I would email you. Thank you for invite
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by odumchi: 5:11am On May 26, 2012
One_Naira:

No I was not referring to you. It was an error of my fault. I've fixed it.

On the second, I agree. With that type of attitude, the future of Igbo people as in total would always remain shattered. Thank you and onlytruth for providing hope that such attitude is not a common policy among SE. Though I do not want to put him on blast but I hope one day Abagworo realizes it better united than divided.

and onlytruth
I would email you. Thank you for invite

No problem. And yes, there is still hope for us.

If I may ask, where are you from? I'm guessing you're a Deltan.
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by ak47mann(m): 5:56am On May 26, 2012
OP and people that comment una get time seriously......
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by OneNaira6: 6:02am On May 26, 2012
odumchi:

No problem. And yes, there is still hope for us.

If I may ask, where are you from? I'm guessing you're a Deltan.

Yep Asaba head to toe and a very proud one at that. grin grin
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by Abagworo(m): 7:14am On May 26, 2012
One_Naira:

This is the worst thing I've read on this forum thus far. I wonder what created all the animosity between SE Igbo and the rest of us.

There is a difference between ethnic and political association. I've always known that Igbos in Delta State have no problem at all but I made that statement from the Ikwerre point of view. Igbo happens to be all in Nigeria and that's our luck, what of Yorubas, Hausas and Fulanis that are spread across countries? Can they plan on ethnic grounds? Rivers State and Delta State are not exclusively Igbo, hence Igbos in those States are in political marriage with other groups. If Anioma State is created, then we can join hands politically.

It is best SE plans as SE while SS plans as SS. If Igbos from both zones decide to join hands better for them.
Re: My Letter To Ogbakor Ikwerre by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 26, 2012
Greater Igbo Nation is all we seek. Igboland stretch from Delta across the Niger to Ikewerre etc in the Bight of Biafra. Many love to my SS igbo brothers&sisters

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe / Chevron, Don't Dare Us; Niger Delta Avengers / Benue Gov, Ortom Denies Making Hate Speech Against Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.