Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,231 members, 7,928,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 08:44 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1806411 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (928) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ekundayomi: 5:11pm On Mar 29, 2013
kma: Good morning house.How is everyone.pls I need u all to inform me and advise me.I need to know what is happening.I am a medical doctor and I just finished my internship in Luth on the 31st of jan.I submitted a south african visiting visa application since the 20th of feb but still no response.the following were the documents I submitted.
1.My passport.got a new one to expiere in 2017.d last one was to expire in april 2014 but had to renew it as it has rusts from staplers on it and I need the new one to apply for a permit.the 2 old passports I attached both had a uk visa on each as I've been to the uk twice.
2.Hotel reservation from 15th to 27th april.I attached the paid reservation I did.
3.Flight reservation with south african airways.
4.Yellow card for port health authority ikeja
5.My letter of introduction I was given from the hospital when I was an intern.
6.A letter of refernce from my doctor's association in the hospital.
7.My 6 month gtb bank statement.
8.My payslips wen I was in luth.
Also my uncle who has been taking care of me for 20 years attached the following.
1.Letter of sponsorship on my behalf.
2.His company's bank statement with skye and uba and letters from each bank backing them up.
3.His personal account statement with skye.
4.his personal count statement with barclay bank in uk.
5.His Cirt of incorporation of his company.
6.His daughter(my cousin's) cirtificate as an extra evidence as she schooled in nelson mandela metropolitan uni,south africa from 2005 to 2012.this was to show that he and his daughter have been to south african on a number of occasions and have returned.

With all these,I didn't expect the visa will take long.I ve just 2 weeks before the departure date.pls I need u all to scrutinize the attached documents.I'm a bit worried I may be denied.they are all very genuine documents.
Pls u all should reply ASAP

where did you submit
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kma(m): 6:59pm On Mar 29, 2013
I submitted at vfs office ikeja.I'm really worried.pls can u advice on what to do house.i
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ekundayomi: 8:42pm On Mar 29, 2013
kma: I submitted at vfs office ikeja.I'm really worried.pls can u advice on what to do house.i

they did that to me and i was finally refused cause of unverifiable flight intienery abuja is better i guess.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kma(m): 8:59pm On Mar 29, 2013
I plan to write a passionate letter of appeal to the high commission on tuesday and sent it to them ny courier.I think when they want to deny you,they look for a way to delay you.have u applied again since then?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kma(m): 8:58am On Mar 30, 2013
Good morning house.How is everyone.pls I need u all to inform me and advise me.I need to know what is happening.I am a medical doctor and I just finished my internship in Luth on the 31st of jan.I submitted a south african visiting visa application since the 20th of feb but still no response.the following were the documents I submitted.
1.My passport.got a new one to expiere in 2017.d last one was to expire in april 2014 but had to renew it as it has rusts from staplers on it and I need the new one to apply for a permit.the 2 old passports I attached both had a uk visa on each as I've been to the uk twice.
2.Hotel reservation from 15th to 27th april.I attached the paid reservation I did.
Also my uncle who has been taking care of me for 20 years attached the following.
2.His company's bank statement with skye and uba and letters from each bank backing them up.
6.His daughter(my cousin's) cirtificate as an extra evidence as she schooled in nelson mandela metropolitan uni,south africa from 2005 to 2012.this was to show that he and his daughter have been to south african on a number of occasions and have returned.

With all these,I didn't expect the visa will take long.I ve just 2 weeks before the departure date.pls I need u all to scrutinize the attached documents.I'm a bit worried I may be denied.they are all very genuine documents.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kilmix: 10:00am On Mar 30, 2013
kma: Good morning house.How is everyone.pls I need u all to inform me and advise me.I need to know what is happening.I am a medical doctor and I just finished my internship in Luth on the 31st of jan.I submitted a south african visiting visa application since the 20th of feb but still no response.the following were the documents I submitted.

No Police report?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kma(m): 10:30am On Mar 30, 2013
Please what's d police report for?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ibrak200: 2:11pm On Mar 30, 2013
stone2x: [size=15pt]@skibochi

just collected my SA vissa wit d docs below

1.bank statement
2. employment letter
recommendation letter from my organization
payslip
utility bills
hotel reservation
flight reservation
yellow card

wish u luck[/size]
where can i find south african embassy here in lagos ? and please where did you apply for yours ? thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adddy: 7:36am On Mar 31, 2013
Pls, is any nairalander coming to Cape Town in the next one or two weeks?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 10:51am On Mar 31, 2013
adddy: Pls, is any nairalander coming to Cape Town in the next one or two weeks?

joburg
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adddy: 12:55pm On Mar 31, 2013
chelseabmw:

joburg

Thank you.I have just sent a mail to u thru nairaland.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 1:40pm On Mar 31, 2013
kilmix:
No Police report?
You don't need police report for tourist visa.

kma: Please what's d police report for?
only for study and residence permit.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kamisol(f): 1:42pm On Mar 31, 2013
@prepple plsdo u know wah bank i can pay my saqa fees in nigeria .i wld appreciate a quick response thanks .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 1:42pm On Mar 31, 2013
ibrak200: where can i find south african embassy here in lagos ? and please where did you apply for yours ? thanks
SA embassy or application centre?

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kamisol(f): 2:04pm On Mar 31, 2013
Pls @collins do u have any idea wah bank I can pay my saqa fees.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 31, 2013
Pls,wat is the process for the saqa evaluation..how does 1 go about it
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mcsammy4u(m): 6:12pm On Mar 31, 2013
Emiss4: Getting a south africa visa is not difficult..the embassy offers 3 month visa,2- 3 weeks duration for processing,requirement 4 sa visa includes yellow cards,statement of account,valid international passport,2 passport photography,company's letter head(optional),invitation letter(optional),ticket itineary,and hotel reservation..4 more info and update u guys in addition getting a visa @ lagos embassy is difficult unlike abuja embassy..the duratin in lagos embassy takes time up to a month..
if i don't have any of the above requirements how much will it cost me to have them like the international passport, yellow card, and other things.... Like how much wil it cost me to process it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kma(m): 7:22pm On Mar 31, 2013
Good morning house.How is everyone.pls I need u all to inform me and advise me.I need to know what is happening.I am a medical doctor and I just finished my internship in Luth on the 31st of jan.I submitted a south african visiting visa application since the 20th of feb but still no response.the following were the documents I submitted.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by henrychubayo: 8:39pm On Mar 31, 2013

Next time, don't make ur application a complex one. Those documents for you that u submitted should be enough to grant you a visiting visa. You are qualified for it. Submitting your uncle documentations makes the application a complex one. Even though you will get the visa, but submitting those document will make your case go thru additional scrutiny because it may seem you are incapable of taking care of your self and one going for a visit is ought to be ok to take care of himself. Just my advise
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kma(m): 9:16pm On Mar 31, 2013
thanks a lot bro.since I had finished my internship and was out of job.I needed to add it for them to know that I'm sponsored by someone that has a stable source of income in addition to my savings.I didn't want them to think that I won't come back again
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lushesan: 8:51am On Apr 01, 2013
Goodday House,

Nice job going on here, thumbs up

I hope to apply for my study permit from the abuja office soonest, but read this along the line : "Make sure the Medical Certificate is the Form collected from the embassy, signed and stamped then your flight booking should also be included" for Student Permit, i now have to wonder that now that the Lagos SA High commission is not attending to Study Permit , but only the Abuja office (Address required pls anyone), such forms will be required to be seen by my doctor obviously before submission. I am just confirming that this is the only place to collect such forms, i called the lagos office, and all they had to tell me is that they are no longer attending to study permit issues till Nov.

Thus am guessing ,will i have to go to Abuja embassy pick the forms, then get a doc to confirm the x-ray, write notes and sign medical certificate. Please im just guessing, so if you went through this or have any advice pls i will appreciate.

Also what is it with the flight booking i see, am i to book for my flight before applying for my Student Permit??

Thanks in anticipation
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 10:53am On Apr 01, 2013
henrychubayo:

Next time, don't make ur application a complex one. Those documents for you that u submitted should be enough to grant you a visiting visa. You are qualified for it. Submitting your uncle documentations makes the application a complex one. Even though you will get the visa, but submitting those document will make your case go thru additional scrutiny because it may seem you are incapable of taking care of your self and one going for a visit is ought to be ok to take care of himself. Just my advise
You are absolutely on point, sometimes most applicants create unnecessary delay for themselves, too much documents sometimes brings about complex scrutiny and long verification process.

All these will create additional verification and wahala, besides, you don't need all these documents to secure a tourist visa.

Just be calm, the Embassy will get back to you once they are done with your application and if you are denied (God forbid) based on any prob from your additional docs then you are the cause of your prob.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 11:08am On Apr 01, 2013
kamisol: Pls @collins do u have any idea wah bank I can pay my saqa fees.
I know of Standard Bank in SA but i don't know about naija, you can contact this person for more details:
Felicity Lamola -Assistant director, email:flamola@saqa.co.za, tel: +27(12)4315070 or you check their website for more details. To be sincere with you, it is easier done in SA than from naija, you can send your documents to someone in SA to do it for you if you are not within the country.

Gbamm over n out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stone2x: 2:09pm On Apr 02, 2013
[size=14pt]wat do i need to take along to SA upon arrival please...[/size]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stone2x: 2:09pm On Apr 02, 2013
wat do i need to take along to SA upon arrival please...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samsaw(m): 9:49pm On Apr 02, 2013
Hello collins
I joined nairaland just to meet you. I am admitted to fort hare university for phd which I have registered online and have paid the required minimum initial payment. My supervisor has also won a bursary for me that will cover accommodation, tuition and monthly allowance. The challenge I'm having is my visa.
In February when went to apply for study visa, I was told the embassy in lagos have stopped issuing study visa, so I went to VFS lagos to apply for visiting which took almost 2mnths to get processed. The bad news is that I was denied due to "contradictory itinerary". My question now is because I'm behind schedule I want to re-apply at abuja.
1. How many working days will study. Visa take in abuja
2. Will I still pay repartration fee
3.If I apply for visiting can I change to study visa in the republic
4. Do I still need bank statement since I have a sponsorship letter.
I will be grateful if you respond to this quick.
Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samsaw(m): 5:43am On Apr 03, 2013
Pls house advice me; my application was denied at lagos embassy due to contradictory itinerary after 2months of application, I need study visa for my phd in sa. My passport expires nxt year march but will need 3yrs permit. Will I still pay repartration fee since my passport expires less than a year and I'm aware that they cannot issue me beyond my passport expiry date. Also, how many days does it take to apply in abuja? Lagos is a hell (sorry for using d word) and when do they attend to students especially first applicants. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 9:33am On Apr 03, 2013
samsaw: Hello collins
I joined nairaland just to meet you. I am admitted to fort hare university for phd which I have registered online and have paid the required minimum initial payment. My supervisor has also won a bursary for me that will cover accommodation, tuition and monthly allowance. The challenge I'm having is my visa.
In February when went to apply for study visa, I was told the embassy in lagos have stopped issuing study visa, so I went to VFS lagos to apply for visiting which took almost 2mnths to get processed. The bad news is that I was denied due to "contradictory itinerary". My question now is because I'm behind schedule I want to re-apply at abuja.
1. How many working days will study. Visa take in abuja (6weeks maximum)
2. Will I still pay repartration fee (yes)
3.If I apply for visiting can I change to study visa in the republic (100% sure)
4. Do I still need bank statement since I have a sponsorship letter. (Yes! To show that you are capable to support yourself)
I will be grateful if you respond to this quick.
Thanks
Thanks for your interest and trust in NL travel section, as regards the above, i will advice you to go to SA with a tourist visa and with all necessary documents to process your study permit within the republic. Reasons being that, you are already behind schedule, it will make your permit easier, faster and you will be able to get access to other documents needed for your permit. Meanwhile you can apply at Abuja application centre for your tourist visa and make sure you pay repatriation fee even if they don't ask for it, tell them you will like to pay (110k in naija and 7k rands in SA = approximately 140k plus). Tell your supervisor to get you a recommendation letter to support your application. Get a police report from naija before going and get yourself prepared financially.

Gbamm over n out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by IamJerry: 4:20pm On Apr 03, 2013
PLEASE "JUSTWISE AND COLLINSFBI" KINDLY HELP.... Can a purchased return ticket be extended?

For example, if I pay for a return ticket and I book to return with the ticket after a week BUT I later want to stay for another 1week, can I extend the ticket? Or change my flight date? Please help...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 5:02pm On Apr 03, 2013
IamJerry: PLEASE "JUSTWISE AND COLLINSFBI" KINDLY HELP.... Can a purchased return ticket be extended?

For example, if I pay for a return ticket and I book to return with the ticket after a week BUT I later want to stay for another 1week, can I extend the ticket? Or change my flight date? Please help...
From what i know, it is 100% possible but double check with your airline before payment to be double sure you can extend it. From experience it is very possible.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by IamJerry: 6:31pm On Apr 03, 2013
collinsfbi: From what i know, it is 100% possible but double check with your airline before payment to be double sure you can extend it. From experience it is very possible.

Gbamm over n out

I pray it is possible....

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (928) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.