Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,992 members, 7,883,422 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 10:29 AM

How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? (12374 Views)

Ladies, How Long Can You Stay Without Sex? / How Long Do Normal People Stay Single For? / I Decide To Stay Single Forever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by K08(m): 2:23pm On May 23, 2012
@michellin89. Are u now engaged?
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by geniushyke(m): 2:26pm On May 23, 2012
I have stayed four months without thinking about it, I think i'm better off for now without that stuff. lol.
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 23, 2012
As for me, I can go 3weeks without depositin fluid. As for dem gurls & dia dating palava, dey come like sinusoids...
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by greall1: 2:34pm On May 23, 2012
I start havin girl friend after 20yrs but when u teast the tin you wil like continou doin it unless if u ve sex control. I can stay more than 1yr withnout ve d tin lolz
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by lifestyle1(m): 2:38pm On May 23, 2012
I have been single for many years since we brokeup... It was painful!!! cry
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 23, 2012
life_style: I have been single for many years since we brokeup... It was painful!!! cry

how long is ur ''many''?
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 23, 2012
roughly 3 yrs. You avoid all the feminine drama and have plenty of time to build yourself.

1 Like

Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 23, 2012
In my mid twenties and though i bleep when i want to, have always been single. Hope to end it this year though. Always had this weird feeling that who ever i date now would end up becoming my wife and am just not ready for marriage.
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by lifestyle1(m): 3:00pm On May 23, 2012
fluid26:

how long is ur ''many''?

She left the country 2006, came back pregnant 2010... do the math.. undecided
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by honeric01(m): 3:01pm On May 23, 2012
Zediccus: In my mid twenties and though i bleep when i want to, have always been single. Hope to end it this year though. Always had this weird feeling that who ever i date now would end up becoming my wife and am just not ready for marriage.
then stop poking around, wear cd to avoid that mistake u dread.

1 Like

Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by dammy1985: 3:12pm On May 23, 2012
This is my 6th year now. I studied myself and realised I loose focus once in any ralationship. Besides, ladies are not predicable because,once I am in love am in love. Now, am 27. I just have to get myself established/a good job thereafter, search for my dream woman by the help of God and get settled.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 23, 2012
life_style:

Ok. Done. I'm guessin d fact dat she returned ''heavy'' made d break-up more painful? Eeyyaa...
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 23, 2012
michelin89:
For some reasons, some thought it was due to lack of opportunity and wanted to force me into the arms of abominable creatures grin grin grin, but it was just a conscious decision to regain myself after my last relationship ended.
Lolest in bold. grin grin
Happens all the time. To some women, all you have to be is male to be considered. These same women are the same ones who'll push you into the arms of abominable creatures, just to borrow your words. grin

@ topic, 4 years 5 months was my longest record. During that time, a close friend of mine even tried hooking me up with short men, some with bad mouth odour, with the notion that half a loaf is better than no loaf at all. Lol. grin
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by timpaker(m): 3:43pm On May 23, 2012
how long can i stay? Hmmmmmm.... Mine is just one month. I get bored with them as the day goes by..so the need to change em is always on my mind even when dating.
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by queensmith: 3:53pm On May 23, 2012
Good Girl:
Lolest in bold. grin grin
Happens all the time. To some women, all you have to be is male to be considered. These same women are the same ones who'll push you into the arms of abominable creatures, just to borrow your words. grin

@ topic, 4 years 5 months was my longest record. During that time, a close friend of mine even tried hooking me up with short men, some with bad mouth odour, with the notion that half a loaf is better than no loaf at all. Lol. grin

what kind of friend will do that? Why? What is the world coming to? grin grin
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by sylve11: 3:56pm On May 23, 2012
2 months, and the chick i bolingoed after then got pregnant immediately (come see thick sperm! shocked shocked shocked cool) cool
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 23, 2012
sylve11: 2 months, and the chick i bolingoed after then got pregnant immediately (come see thick sperm! shocked shocked shocked cool) cool

lol @ bolingoed! Chei! I fit swear say na for Bolingo hotel, abuja u do d job!
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by Orikinla(m): 4:14pm On May 23, 2012
Most people who claim to be SINGLE are not really SINGLE, but "married" by having a steady romance and have kids out of wedlock.

If you are in relationship, you are not single.
You are attached.

How can a man with three regular female companions claim to be single even though he is not yet married?
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 23, 2012
michelin89: Just asking. How long can you stay without being in a relationship and having sex?

My record so far has been 2 years +.

It was not easy o, but self-control helped me a lot. But I noticed that my parents alone supported me in this decision. Not that they openly said it, but they never asked me questions like: why don't you have a boyfriend? Well maybe because the thought of a daughter who does adult things is not really fancied by parents in general, however my mates were always on my neck to date a guy.

For some reasons, some thought it was due to lack of opportunity and wanted to force me into the arms of abominable creatures grin grin grin, but it was just a conscious decision to regain myself after my last relationship ended.

Good to know though that guys become even more desperate in their chase the moment they learn you've been single for long: either they think you need one badly or that you are a hard to get type. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

So people, share your experience(s).

PS: may I add that I have never felt so good like I do during singlehood. It's pure freedom! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Don't let peer pressure mislead you dear....for me, its like almost all of my life....and I am loving it cos no need to worry about anything besides my set goals and targets in life...even though the pressure do increases at times...but with certain passion, engagements and with good income to help you get all you desire any time u need it, u can stay single forever except when the need for bearing offspring sets in... cheesy cheesy
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 23, 2012
queensmith: being single or being celibate? 2 different things

your parents supported your decision to be celibate? and that surprises you?

it may just be lack of opportunity, have you met someone you believe is right for you and decided not to pursue anything because you want to be single?

Is the idea of desperate men chasing you encouraging your decision?

abominable creatures- lmfao

@topic, it's not really a conscious decision to make, one can be single for a long time waiting for the right person. In that case it's not like you've decided to be single, it's just that you haven't met the right person.

Cute comment...you really nailed it hard and it explained it all...but sometimes, family upbringing, personal decision, not being able to meet the right person, environment and religion plays a very vital role too- talking from experience though.
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by davades(m): 5:05pm On May 23, 2012
ZUBY77: The op must be ugly and fat. Can we see a picture ?
That must be the reason why your parents supported you. If you are slim, tall and beautiful, your parents would have been all over you. They would have even suggested numerous men for you.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by davades(m): 5:06pm On May 23, 2012
otodeluxe: Have been single since late last year and I quite like it because of the following:

1.I Can sleep well.
2.I Can save time and money
3.No missed call at midnight
4.No need to activate cheaper
call rate scheme
5.No worries about how you look
6.No need to recharge twice a day
7.Can talk to all boys and girls.
8.No hard feelings..

But I don't think I would be able to cope with this when I start school

Take 5.....true yarns, waste of resources #gbam!
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by Bertbert: 5:09pm On May 23, 2012
michelin89: Just asking. How long can you stay without being in a relationship and having sex?

My record so far has been 2 years +.

It was not easy o, but self-control helped me a lot. But I noticed that my parents alone supported me in this decision. Not that they openly said it, but they never asked me questions like: why don't you have a boyfriend? Well maybe because the thought of a daughter who does adult things is not really fancied by parents in general, however my mates were always on my neck to date a guy.

Good to know though that guys become even more desperate in their chase the moment they learn you've been single for long: either they think you need one badly or that you are a hard to get type. cheesy

So people, share your experience(s).

PS: may I add that I have never felt so good like I do during singlehood. It's pure freedom! cheesy cheesy cheesy

You can remain single as long as CONJI has not started disturbing you.
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by Seadbari(m): 5:11pm On May 23, 2012
Kayusfity: I am 37 yrs old and i did not have a relationship nor had sex since 1999. Wanna know why? God called me and i turned father ever since. The only thing i do is self servicing. Thanks to pastor oyakhilome that legalized it
<<---- This dude is crazy... lmfao
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by queensmith: 5:13pm On May 23, 2012
DailyNews:

Cute comment...you really nailed it hard and it explained it all...but sometimes, family upbringing, personal decision, not being able to meet the right person, environment and religion plays a very vital role too- talking from experience though.

It's true. Those who are lucky enough will overlook the pressure and remain patient. There's too much happening in this day and age for people to keep rushing into things.
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by Seadbari(m): 5:17pm On May 23, 2012
life_style: I have been single for many years since we brokeup... It was painful!!! cry
same with me, but mine is 2yrs and counting... But pracking is not same as relationship sha cos pracking comes like every other day
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 23, 2012
michelin89: ....It's pure freedom! cheesy cheesy cheesy

^^^^ now you know.

never been in a relationship in my life(24yrs), and ain't planning on. The way I see it is, there's no point for a relationship (for now)
1. why the H.ell should i expend time, effort, energy, and money in persuit of someone that won't even expend same time n effort in persuit of me, you get my drift? all they have to do is say yes or no. So i refuse to be the one expending the time and effort (thus happily single cool ).

2. why the H.ell should I give up my freedom and be willing to make compromises (by been in relationship) ? no sir, i refuse.

so for now the amazing single life continues. maybe into my 30s, 40s, or even 50s... grin
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by Skyloloprince(m): 7:15pm On May 23, 2012
Getting to my 3rd year nw,I hav my reasons 4 doin so, am very confortable bt choose to stay witout a girl
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 23, 2012
ooboy e be like say gays don de creep in.. everybody watch
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 23, 2012
cycober:

^^^^ now you know.

never been in a relationship in my life(24yrs), and ain't planning on. The way I see it is, there's no point for a relationship (for now)
1. why the H.ell should i expend time, effort, energy, and money in persuit of someone that won't even expend same time n effort in persuit of me, you get my drift? all they have to do is say yes or no. So i refuse to be the one expending the time and effort (thus happily single cool ).

2. why the H.ell should I give up my freedom and be willing to make compromises (by been in relationship) ? no sir, i refuse.

so for now the amazing single life continues. maybe into my 30s, 40s, or even 50s... grin

Simply put, being in a Nigerian relationship seems to be time-wasting & doesn't in any way make good sense becos its always one-sided stuff- whereby one party will be the donor & the other the Receiver forever!! Is that how a healthy relationship should be? Give me this, send me that, I want this, I need that, Can u do this for me, Why didn't u buy me that? I have not experienced it though, but from what I do see around my friends, colleagues & relations, relationship in Nigerian scenario is just bullshit!!! I would advice people not to engage in one at all!!!
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by JAYSLICK(m): 7:46pm On May 23, 2012
davades:

Take 5.....true yarns, waste of resources #gbam!
He really spoke ma mind.
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by JAYSLICK(m): 7:50pm On May 23, 2012
life_style:

Lmfao!!! She no try at all x_x

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Can Never Date For Money / Women With 8 Inch Long Clitoris Can Now Be Regarded As Men, Abuja Court Rules / Why Do Nigerian Girls Find It Hard To Take Themselves Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.