Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,942 members, 7,883,284 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 08:15 AM

How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? (12371 Views)

Ladies, How Long Can You Stay Without Sex? / How Long Do Normal People Stay Single For? / I Decide To Stay Single Forever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by queensmith: 8:05pm On May 23, 2012
DailyNews:

Simply put, being in a Nigerian relationship seems to be time-wasting & doesn't in any way make good sense becos its always one-sided stuff- whereby one party will be the donor & the other the Receiver forever!! Is that how a healthy relationship should be? Give me this, send me that, I want this, I need that, Can u do this for me, Why didn't u buy me that? I have not experienced it though, but from what I do see around my friends, colleagues & relations, relationship in Nigerian scenario is just bullshit!!! I would advice people not to engage in one at all!!!

Well the economy certainly doesn't help, the females are used to trading sex for favors you can't really blame them.
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 23, 2012
queensmith:

Well the economy certainly doesn't help, the females are used to trading sex for favors you can't really blame them.
why are their male siblings of same age-bracket not doing same? so who then should we blame? is Nigeria the only country suffering economic problems & poverty? I keep wondering what is the problem with Nigeria, maybe the too many tribes brought together to answer one nation.
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by 9zeros(m): 8:20pm On May 23, 2012
cycober:

^^^^ now you know.

never been in a relationship in my life(24yrs), and ain't planning on. The way I see it is, there's no point for a relationship (for now)
1. why the H.ell should i expend time, effort, energy, and money in persuit of someone that won't even expend same time n effort in persuit of me, you get my drift? all they have to do is say yes or no. So i refuse to be the one expending the time and effort (thus happily single cool ).

2. why the H.ell should I give up my freedom and be willing to make compromises (by been in relationship) ? no sir, i refuse.

so for now the amazing single life continues. maybe into my 30s, 40s, or even 50s... grin
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by baldman: 8:20pm On May 23, 2012
Been officially single since late 2005. Wow! its been 7 years already. My problem is that I have this fear of starting something I am not sure I can follow through with. When you break a woman's heart, you can't escape without some cracks in yours too.
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by queensmith: 8:25pm On May 23, 2012
DailyNews:
why are their male siblings of same age-bracket not doing same? so who then should we blame? is Nigeria the only country suffering economic problems & poverty? I keep wondering what is the problem with Nigeria, maybe the too many tribes brought together to answer one nation.

well it is men taking advantage of these women right? it takes 2 to tango.

ahh Nigeria has always been problematic, you shouldn't allow it to get you down though. I believe there is a man for every woman. You just need to take the time to find yours.
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by lifestyle1(m): 8:43pm On May 23, 2012
JAY_SLICK_:
Lmfao!!! She no try at all x_x

If na u wetin u go do ? undecided
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by Nobody: 8:45pm On May 23, 2012
queensmith:

well it is men taking advantage of these women right? it takes 2 to tango.

ahh Nigeria has always been problematic, you shouldn't allow it to get you down though. I believe there is a man for every woman. You just need to take the time to find yours.
On the contrary dear, there is no enough men for every woman becos of unequal proportion of birth of the male/female genders- Nigerians give birth to females more than males maybe its a gene or generational issues shaa....& again, most women in Nigeria today are in possession of other women's men...out of greed, selfish quest & self gratification....plus some men are born eunuch, which subtract another proportion of men from the population. Yes, men do take advantage of some women cos such women made themselves too cheap by being too worldly & materialistic, unfair though but what can we say? WOMEN SHOULD TRY & FACE THE REALITY OF OUR TODAY WORLD OR FACE THE HARSH CONSEQUENCES THAT FOLLOWS THEIR MATERIALISTIC ATTITUDES!

2 Likes

Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 23, 2012
20 working days :d
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 23, 2012
Shoo U̶̲̥̅̊ waited for two years? That place go don dey rusty, Άπϑ old.U̶̲̥̅̊ get lubricant for here?
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by kalufelix(m): 11:31pm On May 23, 2012
1week nd am off 2 d market as pple said...hehe
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by fijiano202(m): 4:35am On May 24, 2012
i dont do relationship,friends with benefit is awesome,i cant imagine a gurl playing with my heart or smashing it
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by queensmith: 4:44am On May 24, 2012
DailyNews:
On the contrary dear, there is no enough men for every woman becos of unequal proportion of birth of the male/female genders- Nigerians give birth to females more than males maybe its a gene or generational issues shaa....& again, most women in Nigeria today are in possession of other women's men...out of greed, selfish quest & self gratification....plus some men are born eunuch, which subtract another proportion of men from the population. Yes, men do take advantage of some women cos such women made themselves too cheap by being too worldly & materialistic, unfair though but what can we say? WOMEN SHOULD TRY & FACE THE REALITY OF OUR TODAY WORLD OR FACE THE HARSH CONSEQUENCES THAT FOLLOWS THEIR MATERIALISTIC ATTITUDES!

You know these statistics are unproven and were invented by insecure men trying to convince the women to settle.

I'm sure if someone were to gather the hard facts you'd discover the opposite is true. If all you can focus on is the soo called negativity you find in women that negativity will forever follow you around. You cannot claim every woman in Nigeria is materialistic, you cannot blame women for your foes. and to men using women, it can never be justified, it's sick and it's pathetic, it's immoral and it's wrong.
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by Nobody: 6:21am On May 24, 2012
queensmith:

You know these statistics are unproven and were invented by insecure men trying to convince the women to settle.

I'm sure if someone were to gather the hard facts you'd discover the opposite is true. If all you can focus on is the soo called negativity you find in women that negativity will forever follow you around. You cannot claim every woman in Nigeria is materialistic, you cannot blame women for your foes. and to men using women, it can never be justified, it's sick and it's pathetic, it's immoral and it's wrong.
If thats how u perceived or understood my statement/comment, then so be it cos I am short of words; and I am even afraid with your reaction to the above comment. Talking about foe or what, dear, u need to know me better before directing that foes or whatever @me u know? Talk about a man that got it all, then talk about me...lol...though we are not perfect. I have never used any girl, dated or have anything romantic to do with one, but I am still living in this senseless world okay? No man can use any woman who is wise, reserved, God fearing, & one who has high standard, one who is not self-centered, greedy, materialistic & worldly, nope, no man can dare her. so its not about laying curses, its about making our ways right before men & our maker & watch out.
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by queensmith: 7:02am On May 24, 2012
DailyNews:
If thats how u perceived or understood my statement/comment, then so be it cos I am short of words; and I am even afraid with your reaction to the above comment. Talking about foe or what, dear, u need to know me better before directing that foes or whatever @me u know? Talk about a man that got it all, then talk about me...lol...though we are not perfect. I have never used any girl, dated or have anything romantic to do with one, but I am still living in this senseless world okay? No man can use any woman who is wise, reserved, God fearing, & one who has high standard, one who is not self-centered, greedy, materialistic & worldly, nope, no man can dare her. so its not about laying curses, its about making our ways right before men & our maker & watch out.

doesnt really matter, any man that uses a woman is no better than a dog. And women that use men are the same
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by domnairaland: 8:39am On May 24, 2012
I am 28 yrs and dnt av any girl cos any woman i date cld be my wife since i cnt break any1's heart. I may start dating at thirty. Bt for conji things, i can stay forever witout it bothering me!
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by Nobody: 9:40am On May 24, 2012
jmoore: getting to my late twenties and never been in relationship, never tasted the stuff.

guy are u sure u are normal? Av had relatnshps sinc I was thirteen n dis is sumau strange to here!
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by Nobody: 9:42am On May 24, 2012
Btw ma ages 15 n 20, bin outta relatnshp (5yrs). Bt nau, i'v got dem quein at ma bak waitin 4 d current otondo to lemme so dat dy kan enjoy me.
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by Nobody: 9:57am On May 24, 2012
20 years and Still counting.
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by clerkent(m): 10:12am On May 24, 2012
Since december til date.bt ma body don de shake o
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by Oluschenco(m): 10:45am On May 24, 2012
As long as i am in the church building, and max of 24hrs otherwise my bp will rise.
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by nwanioma(f): 11:34am On May 24, 2012
queensmith: being single or being celibate? 2 different things

your parents supported your decision to be celibate? and that surprises you?

it may just be lack of opportunity, have you met someone you believe is right for you and decided not to pursue anything because you want to be single?

Is the idea of desperate men chasing you encouraging your decision?

abominable creatures- lmfao

@topic, it's not really a conscious decision to make, one can be single for a long time waiting for the right person. In that case it's not like you've decided to be single, it's just that you haven't met the right person.

my point exactly
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by jmoore(m): 12:40pm On May 24, 2012
Jmoore: getting to my late twenties and never been in relationship, never tasted the stuff.

Jide Oyadeyi:
guy are u sure u are normal? Av had relatnshps sinc I was thirteen n dis is sumau strange to here!

Where did you learn that one who is a virgin is not normal. You've had many relationships since you were 13, where did they lead you to? The only person acting abnormal will be you.

1 Like

Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by preciousoz: 12:44pm On May 24, 2012
Have Never been single and have been "frying" since I was 14.am over 30 now. Why all these hypocrisy ? If u have never been laid and U are 20 and above, U not a reverend father , Go check urself. Cos I know every good looking properly brought up Boy or Girl can't stay that long...smh
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 24, 2012
One Night stands do it for me for now. I've been in relationships to see that its not worth it
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by jay2smart19(m): 2:56pm On May 24, 2012
Kockane: I've been single for four years now, but wen last did I gbensh? Ystnyt!!! Thank God for BB abd 2go, getting laid witout d gag of "relationship" has never been easier!!! grin
badest boy in the hood. I think say na only me.
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by jay2smart19(m): 2:59pm On May 24, 2012
preciousoz: Have Never been single and have been "frying" since I was 14.am over 30 now. Why all these hypocrisy ? If u have never been laid and U are 20 and above, U not a reverend father , Go check urself. Cos I know every good looking properly brought up Boy or Girl can't stay that long...smh
I disagree with u bad boss. I no yash till i was 22 and na out of pity and i was ok. My first expirience na 3round oh.
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by jay2smart19(m): 3:12pm On May 24, 2012
[quote author=9-zeros][/quote]
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by Dagods(m): 6:34pm On May 24, 2012
jay2smart19: I disagree with u bad boss. I no yash till i was 22 and na out of pity and i was ok. My first expirience na 3round oh.
Bad son of adams.u r hot men,3 gbosa 4 u.
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by ariyokunle: 9:35pm On May 24, 2012
@austushi 1-Almost a year now. Not a priority 4now, so I'm not bordered-and wats ur age pls?
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by luckgames(m): 9:43pm On May 24, 2012
baldman: Been officially single since late 2005. Wow! its been 7 years already. My problem is that I have this fear of starting something I am not sure I can follow through with. When you break a woman's heart, you can't escape without some cracks in yours too.
Sorry no crack here but peace
Re: How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? by preciousoz: 10:04pm On May 24, 2012
jay2smart19: I disagree with u bad boss. I no yash till i was 22 and na out of pity and i was ok. My first expirience na 3round oh.
shocked

Ol boy, urown Bad ooooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ladies How Many Times Do You Get Wooed Per Day / Beautiful Slay Queen Slays In Cherubim And Seraphim Church Robe / How To Say That In Yoruba?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.