Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,795 members, 7,889,591 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 03:59 PM

Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports (11052 Views)

This Statement From Buhari Has Got All Nigerians Asking If We Are Safe(pic) / Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan / Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by maclatunji: 12:15pm On Jun 02, 2012
A tropical storm is just about ending in my part of Lagos. I am almost certain it has done some damage somewhere. How is your area?
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by nuclearboy(m): 12:45pm On Jun 02, 2012
Hi,

Pls where are you in Lagos & how bad was it? Any idea what's happening in other parts of Lagos?

About getting on the expressway to come to Lagos
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by jmaine: 1:08pm On Jun 02, 2012
I suspected this rain was going to cause problems with the sheer speed of wind it came with . . . .relative calm in Yaba area grin
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by philip0906(m): 1:11pm On Jun 02, 2012
dang. . .c bweeze 4 my side,e get one time wey i hear people shout i been think sey e don carry person grin grin. but no much damage sha.
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by OK2NV3: 1:32pm On Jun 02, 2012
maclatunji: A tropical storm is just about ending in my part of Lagos. I am almost certain it has done some damage somewhere. How is your area?
Tropical storm occur from a Tropical Depression off the western Coast of West Africa, which may then become Hurricanes where an "eye" appears.
The storm is meso-scaled (500 -<1000KM) against planetary systems (intercontinental to global scale).
The storm originated early on Friday over South Chad, intensified and moved westward, initiating storm cells over the Jos plateau.
This kind of storms are not unusual over west Africa and are termed "CISK" i.e. conditional-instability of the Second Kind. CISK Storms are also referred to as Squall lines.

Abeg no make people fear ohhh!

1 Like

Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by OK2NV3: 1:37pm On Jun 02, 2012
Storm originates over south Chad on Friday 01 ,1100am local time

Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by OK2NV3: 1:40pm On Jun 02, 2012
4pm local time.
storm affecting northeast Nigeria and storm cells initiated over Jos.

Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by OK2NV3: 1:43pm On Jun 02, 2012
7pm local time.
storm cell over Jos intensifies. local storms over southwest

Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 02, 2012
OK/2/NV:
4pm local time.
storm affecting northeast Nigeria and storm cells initiated over Jos.
Storm ke? If Na joke stop am oooo.... We no want disaster for naija, we already av enough on our plate
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by zangiff(m): 1:46pm On Jun 02, 2012
well my area is safe.
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by OK2NV3: 1:48pm On Jun 02, 2012
To review images go to http://oiswww.eumetsat.org/IPPS/html/MSG/RGB/CONVECTION/WESTERNAFRICA/index.htm
switching to infra-red
june 1. 10pm local time.
storm cells over Jos, Southwest decay.
storm over north east moves further westward and intensifies

Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by OK2NV3: 1:50pm On Jun 02, 2012
1am local time june 2nd.

storm becomes a squall line with bow-shape.
the storm moves at approximately 30km/hour with winds gusting at 50 -70knts (100 -140kmph)

Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by OK2NV3: 1:53pm On Jun 02, 2012
4am June 1st.
storm begins to split into two with one heading due west and the other with a southwesterly path.

Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by OK2NV3: 1:56pm On Jun 02, 2012
7am June 1st.

switching to RGB

Storm to the north more intense and moving faster and heading towards sokoto

storm to the south greater in size but much slower.

Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by OK2NV3: 2:05pm On Jun 02, 2012
10AM June 1st.
storm to the north still active while the one to the south appears to be decaying
strong winds are from micro-burst emanating from the cloud.
Hurricanes, Tropical storms don't occur over land in west Africa

Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by OK2NV3: 2:09pm On Jun 02, 2012
Here is an aerial view of a Hurricane. Note the eye and size of it at least 3million square kilometers.
The only difference between a hurricane and a Tropical storm is that the eye appears and the winds are a bit stronger.
so no fear omo yoruba, rain no go flush u enter ocean.

Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by OK2NV3: 2:12pm On Jun 02, 2012
last image today 1pm.
storm to the south gradually moving into the ocean.

the storm to the north is intensifying further.

so make una no fear

Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 02, 2012
Mi understand gbogbo pictures yi na ? grin
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by Jakumo(m): 2:45pm On Jun 02, 2012
Better not allow the Map Meister Musiwa Becomerich to hear about this wanton threat to his mapping supremacy.

It will be ON if he does, and, as with all conflicts, only the innocent are likely to suffer.
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by Butoneday2(m): 2:47pm On Jun 02, 2012
Are u in lagos or outside lagos? If yes, Where exactly are u living in lagos. Or are u in Okokomaiko or Ajegunle.
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by eunisam: 3:10pm On Jun 02, 2012
I dey confuse oooh make una explain it better for my granny to understand.

1 Like

Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by maclatunji: 3:19pm On Jun 02, 2012
OK/2/NV:
last image today 1pm.
storm to the south gradually moving into the ocean.

the storm to the north is intensifying further.

so make una no fear

I can see that it is already moving towards the sea and probably has gone away by now! grin Nice one bros!
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by ikee(m): 3:23pm On Jun 02, 2012
Heavy downpour here in owode, I nearly lost my machine. many houses have been soaked with water undecided
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 02, 2012
ok/2/nv, my gee, u hear wetin jack talk, leave the mapo tins for becomrich and post your usual pics of hot chics. everybody get hin area of specialization.
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by Emmaesty(f): 3:59pm On Jun 02, 2012
It was heavy(resulting into a flood) here in Ogba but no casualty. . .
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by maclatunji: 4:04pm On Jun 02, 2012
ikee: Heavy downpour here in owode, I nearly lost my machine. many houses have been soaked with water undecided

Awwww, is that on the Ikorodu axis? May God be with those in distress.
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by maclatunji: 4:04pm On Jun 02, 2012
[quote author=Emma_esty]It was heavy(resulting into a flood) here in Ogba but no casualty. . . [/quote

We thank God!
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by maclatunji: 4:05pm On Jun 02, 2012
BoboYekini: ok/2/nv, my gee, u hear wetin jack talk, leave the mapo tins for becomrich and post your usual pics of hot chics. everybody get hin area of specialization.

LOL!
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by BlackPikiN(m): 4:51pm On Jun 02, 2012
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by StarrMatthieu: 5:10pm On Jun 02, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img][quote author=maclatunji][/quote]OMG
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 02, 2012
good maps and comments. Got some shower in northern bauchi state yesternite, must b d moving storm!
Lagos suld b free for some time to come.
US govt will b watchng wt keen interest as this culd lead t serious huricane there!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ikpeazu Hints On Dry Port In Abia, States Reason For Dropping Airport Project / Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare / Insecurity: Aisha Buhari Calls For Recruitment Of More Security Operatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.