Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,151 members, 7,946,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 08:28 AM

Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports (11095 Views)

This Statement From Buhari Has Got All Nigerians Asking If We Are Safe(pic) / Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan / Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 02, 2012
some downpour in the north expected!
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by OK2NV3: 6:07pm On Jun 02, 2012
cogitoErgo: good maps and comments. Got some shower in northern bauchi state yesternite, must b d moving storm!
Lagos suld b free for some time to come.
US govt will b watchng wt keen interest as this culd lead t serious huricane there!
you know your onions well
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by firestar(f): 8:02pm On Jun 02, 2012
undecided
Tropical Storm? Hm. .
Was driving through Itokin this afternoon avoiding the magraine-inducing traffic jam @ Lagos-Ibadan expressway to meet poor weather. Hope you guys are safe?
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by kelvincoll(m): 8:40pm On Jun 02, 2012
ajao estate area in lagos felt the storm so well for a moment i was kinda scared sha... Roofings and kiosks damaged but the after rain did no harm
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by Mustay(m): 9:50pm On Jun 02, 2012
OK/2/NV:

Tropical storm occur from a Tropical Depression off the western Coast of West Africa

I also heard there was a cargo plane crash today somewhere in Ghana and the unusual weather was one reason noted.
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by chasy16(f): 10:10pm On Jun 02, 2012
OK/2/NV well done.

@ Op, just called my coz in Owode who told me he's planning parking outta Lagos come on the 25th of this month. He said the storm's so terrifying. sad
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by OK2NV3: 10:15pm On Jun 02, 2012
chasy16: OK/2/NV well done.

@ Op, just called my coz in Owode who told me he's planning parking outta Lagos come on the 25th of this month. He said the storm's so terrifying. cool
the storms in the south are nothing compared to what occurs in the north and Sahel.
from my experience, these storms should not be affecting the south by now, rather the august break should be setting in.
my guess is the intense heat being generated by our sun leading to a baroclinic low pressure zone deep in the Sahel.
it is very complicated and will take all of NL server space to explain.
but the bottom line is climate change is real but it is not as a result of hydrocarbon emissions but as a result of extra-terrestrial activity.
google planet x
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by OK2NV3: 10:33pm On Jun 02, 2012
ever wonder why since 2005, why the earth's geological activity has been on the rise? volcanoes, earthquakes(even in Europe).
our sun is heating up!
70% of the scientist that signed the original ICPC report on climate change refused to sign it again.
NASSA has known of Planet X (A Rogue planet) since 1981. Reagan reinvested in the space race not because of as a missile deterrent against Russian attack but because to monitor the space out there. It's a very dangerous neighborhood we occupy and these times we are in are more than dangerous. The acients knew about this. The Mayans, Egyptians held more knowledge than we could ever phantom.
welcome to the end.
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by Feraz(m): 11:27pm On Jun 02, 2012
OK/2/NV:
ever wonder why since 2005, why the earth's geological activity has been on the rise? volcanoes, earthquakes(even in Europe).
our sun is heating up!
70% of the scientist that signed the original ICPC report on climate change refused to sign it again.
NASSA has known of Planet X (A Rogue planet) since 1981. Reagan reinvested in the space race not because of as a missile deterrent against Russian attack but because to monitor the space out there. It's a very dangerous neighborhood we occupy and these times we are in are more than dangerous. The acients knew about this. The Mayans, Egyptians held more knowledge than we could ever phantom.
welcome to the end.
Ok....do you actually believe that the annunakis exist......
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by Nobody: 1:14am On Jun 03, 2012
OK/2/NV:

the storms in the south are nothing compared to what occurs in the north and Sahel.
from my experience, these storms should not be affecting the south by now, rather the august break should be setting in.
my guess is the intense heat being generated by our sun leading to a baroclinic low pressure zone deep in the Sahel.
it is very complicated and will take all of NL server space to explain.
but the bottom line is climate change is real but it is not as a result of hydrocarbon emissions but as a result of extra-terrestrial activity.
google planet x
So you think the anthropogenic contribution is NILL? I think the global warming is more of the way we are handling our home called the Earth, rather than blaming the effect on some extra-terrestrial effects! Agreed, extra-terrestrial may have some effects, but the bulk of the blame lay on US!
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by maclatunji: 6:06am On Jun 03, 2012
LOL, Global climate change is an act of God not Insects from outer space.
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by OK2NV3: 7:55am On Jun 03, 2012
cogitoErgo:
So you think the anthropogenic contribution is NILL? I think the global warming is more of the way we are handling our home called the Earth, rather than blaming the effect on some extra-terrestrial effects! Agreed, extra-terrestrial may have some effects, but the bulk of the blame lay on US!
99% of the earth's energy is from the Sun. Space weather affects us more than we think. Have you heard of Raffaele Bendandi? NASSA invented climate change when they discovered planet Nibiru in the early 80's.
Our sun is heating up because of the effect of this rogue planet. The ancients knew about it. Even the moon has effect on weather and ocean tide.
70% of the scientist that signed the ICPC report identifying Man activity as cause of climate change withdrew their signatures in the last convention.
Yes there is climate change. Yes man's activity can modify climate but not at a global and accelerated scale as we are noticing today.
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by Lisa1: 9:17am On Jun 03, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]It is amazing!
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 03, 2012
OK/2/NV:

99% of the earth's energy is from the Sun. Space weather affects us more than we think. Have you heard of Raffaele Bendandi? NASSA invented climate change when they discovered planet Nibiru in the early 80's.
Our sun is heating up because of the effect of this rogue planet. The ancients knew about it. Even the moon has effect on weather and ocean tide.
70% of the scientist that signed the ICPC report identifying Man activity as cause of climate change withdrew their signatures in the last convention.
Yes there is climate change. Yes man's activity can modify climate but not at a global and accelerated scale as we are noticing today.
Im suspectng u ar talkng n anoda dimension here, lol!
these planet Nibiru et al, au do they affect our suply of energy frm d Sun. never heard of thm though!
i thnk d global warmng thng s jst how we manage the incomng and outgng energy from the Sun. You choose how cold or warm u are/feel by carefully choosng what covers ur body! we seem not t b covering well!
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 03, 2012
I wantd t upload d eumetsat image, bt dd nt know au, lol! could u help upload the latest image?
as t 1am today, almost d whole contry seems t b witesng clear nd calm weather, wt two storm cells approachng frm northern cameroon. I thnk Obudu and part f Benue state should b witnesng some early morng rain/shower.
Anybody n ground should confirm.
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by OK2NV3: 11:49am On Jun 03, 2012
cogitoErgo: I wantd t upload d eumetsat image, bt dd nt know au, lol! could u help upload the latest image?
as t 1am today, almost d whole contry seems t b witesng clear nd calm weather, wt two storm cells approachng frm northern cameroon. I thnk Obudu and part f Benue state should b witnesng some early morng rain/shower.
Anybody n ground should confirm.

right click on the image, copy to a destination on your system. it's that easy.
Usually after the passage of a storm the atmosphere becomes stable.
the storm from the eastern flank originate over the Cameroonian high ground. Mountains generate storms as they help force moist winds aloft to be cooled and then condensed. This is why the south east does not experience August Break.
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 03, 2012
i actualy got d image n my system, but to put t n nairaland was d problm! i may not b able to get their site durng d day as d mtn network may not allow
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by OK2NV3: 12:20pm On Jun 03, 2012
cogitoErgo: i actualy got d image n my system, but to put t n nairaland was d problm! i may not b able to get their site durng d day as d mtn network may not allow
click on infra-red images, they are grey scaled and as such will have a lower bit size.

here is the link

http://oiswww.eumetsat.org/IPPS/html/MSG/IMAGERY/IR108/BW/WESTERNAFRICA/index.htm
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 03, 2012
I think d title f this thread suld b changed and d thread made d weather service of nairaland wt d help of eumetsat images wt comments and analysis.
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by OK2NV3: 12:22pm On Jun 03, 2012
cogitoErgo: I think d title f this thread suld b changed and d thread made d weather service of nairaland wt d help of eumetsat images wt comments and analysis.
we need a random section
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by OK2NV4: 12:33pm On Jun 03, 2012
The storm over the north yesterday is still moving westward and is currently over Mali/Guinea. If the ocean temperatures ( 25 -27 degree celsuis) are warm enough it will become a tropical depression from where it may become a tropical storm and finally become a huricane.

Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 03, 2012
The storm over Mali/Guenea looks big enough to reach the ocean, and if conditions are OK, it may pick up more energy and then race towards d Americas as an huricane. America's met services are watchng, warnings will be givn to people on its path, they always warn their people! Good goverment, good Nation.
The storms from the Cameroon seems to have merged nto one and is now towards taraba/adamawa(Im n a mobile, cant see the image very well), but most part of the contry still seems calm.
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 03, 2012
So nairaland don get residence metrologists
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by maclatunji: 2:27pm On Jun 03, 2012
cogitoErgo: I think d title f this thread suld b changed and d thread made d weather service of nairaland wt d help of eumetsat images wt comments and analysis.

If you guys want to keep updating it, the thread title can be changed to that effect later. I have already modified it!
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by Seun(m): 2:38pm On Jun 03, 2012
You can create a new thread for the meteorological reports. There's no shortage of space on our server.
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by OK2NV4: 3:32pm On Jun 03, 2012
Seun: You can create a new thread for the meteorological reports. There's no shortage of space on our server.
Seun, am a meteorologist. I update you. You let me post sessy pics!
deal?
lol grin grin grin grin
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by Beaf: 5:03pm On Jun 03, 2012
OK=2=NV:

Seun, am a meteorologist. I update you. You let me post sessy pics!
deal?
lol grin grin grin grin

Dude, I went through your profile and ended up uncontrollably "happy!"
You stand for all that is good and healthy for mankind.
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by OK2NV4: 5:08pm On Jun 03, 2012
air crash in Lagos. not weather related probably mechanical or pilot error.
lets pray for the passengers.
am so sad now.
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 03, 2012
that is bad, hope no casualty?
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by Nobody: 5:18am On Jun 04, 2012
RIP to the deads of the air crash and the church bombing yesterday

Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 04, 2012
Satelite image as t 1o-clock today, there appears t b a large synoptic storm approachng frm the northern cameroon, this may spread storm across the middle belt and the core north!
there is also a 'tiny' local storm cell at the central part of the country, aside these, other parts of the country are witnessing fine weather, Sokoto region, south east and west are having cloudy conditions!
Re: Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 04, 2012
d image!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message / Abuja-based Company Drags PDP To Court Over Campaign Debt / Insecurity: Aisha Buhari Calls For Recruitment Of More Security Operatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.