Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,609 members, 7,937,749 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 11:26 AM

Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus (14701 Views)

Voluntary Forum Moderator Needed; If interested, come and apply for it / Forum Moderator Wanted / Vacancy For Forum Moderator. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by kandiikane(m): 2:50am On Jun 09, 2012
honeric01: Why not empower existing mods with abilities to deal with spam? giving them power to filter, ban and block users with at least 5 "report" history?

Just my opinion sha.

*thumbs up*

Seun I think you should consider this.
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by AnotherOkija: 3:06am On Jun 09, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

You definitely need to apply. Your joblessness has given you too much time to type like an untamed bushbaby on NL.

I doubt you can hold a job for more than a week tho.

See this Yoruba girl o!!

Just pray I dont get this job.. You will be the first person I will ban.. You even resemble spam.

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by kandiikane(m): 3:09am On Jun 09, 2012
Another Okija:

See this Yoruba girl o!!

Just pray I dont get this job.. You will be the first person I will ban.. You even resemble spam.

kekekekekeke grin
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by DeeAe: 5:27am On Jun 09, 2012
SEUN, I'm very much interested, i do nothing at home right now and don't think i will for a very long time...lol, not my fault sha, internet is all i do and all i want to do, gathering info on a type of site to probably start, but moderating nairaland is a bigger opportunity, based in abj, superb internet speed, and re-subscription is no biggie cause its all i do, i'm good at following rules too, not to mention the fact that i know all nairaland rules at d back of my head..lol besides i just come to nairaland to read posts all through and probably like some good ones and reply some if i really need to, so i definitely wont be caught up in interactions, I'll just be a good moderator.

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by Nobody: 6:16am On Jun 09, 2012
Just one vacancy na him seun dey advertise like this ? Awun ni bobo yi sha. grin

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by Nobody: 6:23am On Jun 09, 2012
Another Okija:

See this Yoruba girl o!!

You need to be locked up, fo real undecided
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by maclatunji: 7:33am On Jun 09, 2012
I have practical experience of what whoever gets this job will face. The Islam for Muslims section was attacked by a spammer yesterday with a single post on multiple threads. Ideally, if I deleted one, all should have been deleted automatically because I had it marked as spam. However, I had to delete each and every post (mark as spam). This is for one child board. Imagine what it will be like for someone trying to control spam across the entire site. You and that person will fight eventually fight because spammers will still be here after employing them. You need to trust your moderators more and stop bypassing them when you want to take decisions, that's not-so-good management.

2 Likes

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by Bontee: 7:59am On Jun 09, 2012
maclatunji: I have practical experience of what whoever gets this job will face. The Islam for Muslims section was attacked by a spammer yesterday with a single post on multiple threads. Ideally, if I deleted one, all should have been deleted automatically because I had it marked as spam. However, I had to delete each and every post (mark as spam). This is for one child board. Imagine what it will be like for someone trying to control spam across the entire site. You and that person will fight eventually fight because spammers will still be here after employing them. You need to trust your moderators more and stop bypassing them when you want to take decisions, that's not-so-good management.

Even the owner of facebook has to give way to a management team to take over the actual running of facebook and see what we have today. This one man business approach is not good for nairaland and i don't know why there has not been cohesion, joint planning and decision taking system in managing this site.

That is what i told semyd4life that it was strange for me to see moderators coming here to indicate interest as this is something that should have been trashed inhouse before coming up here. There is no way you can moderate for free for so many years ( That female moderator from italy has been doing that ) and suddenly you want to start paying the new ones for fighting spam. It shows lack of appreciation for the work done by the present moderators.

I still repeat that no forum is greater than it moderator, users, partners and managers, seun should thread wisely. It is not really about the money because i am aware that most of these mods are working class so they can take care of themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by slimyem: 8:36am On Jun 09, 2012
Logic Mind: Moderate an Yoruba forum?
Please count me out.
duh!
Who needs you here in the first place? tongue
bozo!cheesycheesy
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 09, 2012
Hmm Seun, If the pay can shut my folks up when they see me perpetually in-front of my computer then I am your man.
What are your requirements though?

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by amosy007: 8:51am On Jun 09, 2012
am in.
Have Being moderator in other social sites b4. And i totally knw what spamming does to site. Sometimes i even report the site
10hrs aint no problem if am allowed to schedule my time
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by lilkech(m): 9:06am On Jun 09, 2012
mr_man: @my namesake(seun) i am the best man for this kind of job. i am very interested, i won't let you down.

na by namesake ?
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by Peterson1993(m): 9:57am On Jun 09, 2012
Cool..! But no time for nairaland employment at all or what so ever....... There is a need to manually control spamming and discard this kick and start dana spam bot banning almost everyone unlawfully and hidding meaning post. Increasing becoming fraustrating..... "This post has been hidden"
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by Slyr0x: 10:28am On Jun 09, 2012
Bontee:

Even the owner of facebook has to give way to a management team to take over the actual running of facebook and see what we have today. This one man business approach is not good for nairaland and i don't know why there has not been cohesion, joint planning and decision taking system in managing this site.

That is what i told semyd4life that it was strange for me to see moderators coming here to indicate interest as this is something that should have been trashed inhouse before coming up here. There is no way you can moderate for free for so many years ( That female moderator from italy has been doing that ) and suddenly you want to start paying the new ones for fighting spam. It shows lack of appreciation for the work done by the present moderators.

I still repeat that no forum is greater than it moderator, users, partners and managers, seun should thread wisely. It is not really about the money because i am aware that most of these mods are working class so they can take care of themselves.

+1000000000

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by Seun(m): 10:37am On Jun 09, 2012
Many ignorant comments about Nairaland have been spewed on this thread. We'll just ignore them and remain focused on the goal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by Afam4eva(m): 10:41am On Jun 09, 2012
Seun: Many ignorant comments about Nairaland have been spewed on this thread. We'll just ignore them and remain focused on the goal.
Please, some are not ignorant and should not be ignored. It's imperative that you look into some of the things that has been said especially the ones posited by Bontee.

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by Slyr0x: 10:45am On Jun 09, 2012
afam4eva:
Please, some are not ignorant and should not be ignored. It's imperative that you look into some of the things that has been said especially the ones posited by Bontee.

Seconded. .Bontee really made Maximum Sense with all he said!!

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by Johnsinia(m): 11:04am On Jun 09, 2012
Seun pls listen 2 complains, personaly i tink all d complains make sense n shuld nt b ignored. I blive dat 1 of d xtics of a gud managemnts/firms/companys/businexs is 2 listen 2 d complains of its customers. Tanks.

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by switchmax8: 11:24am On Jun 09, 2012
i am interested my email address is emah.oizamisi@gmail.com i am always online on a daily basis am a web designer by profession and am online most of the night till 11pm and i browse from 10am to 11pm daily.i will get rid of all suspected post by either deleting or rejecting it to post
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by brabus(m): 11:28am On Jun 09, 2012
Johnsinia: Seun pls listen 2 complains, personaly i tink all d complains make sense n shuld nt b ignored. I blive dat 1 of d xtics of a gud managemnts/firms/companys/businexs is 2 listen 2 d complains of its customers. Tanks.

And what are the complaints here? And how do you want him to act in this situation where over 150 million Nigerians are acting as Technical Advisers? Maybe, he (Seun) should start attending to each comment on the thread to show that he's listening? Help me understand your point here.

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by Jarus(m): 12:17pm On Jun 09, 2012
Bontee:

I have to agree with this. I honestly think NL has reached a stage where mods should be rewarded.

3 Likes

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by adewale2011(m): 12:20pm On Jun 09, 2012
AM REALLY INTRESTED IN THE JOB, ITS NOT JUST BECOUSE OF THE SALARY BASE, BUT BECOUSE OF THE SAFETY OF THE USERS ONLINE. MY APROCH TOO SOLVING THE SPAM PROBLEM WOULD BE SENT TOO THE MANAGEMENT BY E-MAIL, IF MY POST/APPLICATION IS GIVING APPROPRAITE CONCIDRATION. IT WOULD MY PLEASURE WORKING FOR YOUR SITE...
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by denzel2009: 12:23pm On Jun 09, 2012
adewale2011: AM REALLY INTRESTED IN THE JOB, ITS NOT JUST BECOUSE OF THE SALARY BASE, BUT BECOUSE OF THE SAFETY OF THE USERS ONLINE. MY APROCH TOO SOLVING THE SPAM PROBLEM WOULD BE SENT TOO THE MANAGEMENT BY E-MAIL, IF MY POST/APPLICATION IS GIVING APPROPRAITE CONCIDRATION. IT WOULD MY PLEASURE WORKING FOR YOUR SITE...

I'm sorry your post is a spam.

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by Afam4eva(m): 12:44pm On Jun 09, 2012
denzel2009:

I'm sorry your post is a spam.
Lmao
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by kodebin(m): 1:37pm On Jun 09, 2012
Mr Seun...

Please,, i would Like The Programming Section To Be Arranged... Like Creating Sections For Each Programming Language so That Users may Easily have Access To Their Favorite Language Topic..

For Example,, If I Click on Programming - Then i should See Sections Like C++,, Java,, Perl,, Python,, Ruby etc So That When I Click On Any,, It Opens all The Topics Pertaining To That Thread...

My Humble 2Cents...

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by Afam4eva(m): 1:56pm On Jun 09, 2012
kodebin: Mr Seun...

Please,, i would Like The Programming Section To Be Arranged... Like Creating Sections For Each Programming Language so That Users may Easily have Access To Their Favorite Language Topic..

For Example,, If I Click on Programming - Then i should See Sections Like C++,, Java,, Perl,, Python,, Ruby etc So That When I Click On Any,, It Opens all The Topics Pertaining To That Thread...

My Humble 2Cents...
We can also have different sections for all the conditional statements there is. We're complaining that that section is boring and you're suggesting we have sub-sections...
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by AnotherOkija: 2:50pm On Jun 09, 2012
Dear Seun

I want to re-emphasize my desire to become your moderator in charge of spam management..

I have already stated my method and also the advantage of choosing me for the job.

Also in the interest of federal character, it is pertinent that you pick me or any other Igbo man/woman for the job as we the Igbos feel highly marginalized with regards to recruitment on this site.
Thanks once again for your usual co-operation.

Alusi Okija
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by ayobase(m): 3:37pm On Jun 09, 2012
Seun: Hello,

The Nairaland Forum is in need of a paid full-time moderator whose primary duty will be to keep the entire forum free of spam at all times, day & night, regardless of what it takes. The person will be expected to work 8 - 10 hours daily. If you're interested, please indicate your interest on this thread and tell us about how you intend to go about this.

Regards.

Whats d pay?
I use my phone for browsing...my laptop does the rest.
To accomplish this, it seems a particular handle is always going to different threads to post the same spam.
Its simple, click the on person's profile and check for his/her posts so far...u can easily delete from there....it applies to handles!
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by slimderek(m): 4:58pm On Jun 09, 2012
Hello Seun
I am up for the job
You can google my username and see for yourself
I spend close to 14 hours online daily
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by kandiikane(m): 5:12pm On Jun 09, 2012
adewale2011: AM REALLY INTRESTED IN THE JOB, ITS NOT JUST BECOUSE OF THE SALARY BASE, BUT BECOUSE OF THE SAFETY OF THE USERS ONLINE. MY APROCH TOO SOLVING THE SPAM PROBLEM WOULD BE SENT TOO THE MANAGEMENT BY E-MAIL, IF MY POST/APPLICATION IS GIVING APPROPRAITE CONCIDRATION. IT WOULD MY PLEASURE WORKING FOR YOUR SITE...

Lol, I think we also need someone who has a good grasp of the english language.
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by ayobase(m): 5:30pm On Jun 09, 2012
kandiikane:

Lol, I think we also need someone who has a good grasp of the english language.

Forget that thing......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

THE NEWEST BIBLE SCHOOL IN NIGERIA / Accrete Petroleum Ongoing 2018 Job Recruitment / Association For Reproductive And Family Health (ARFH) - August 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.