Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,606 members, 7,937,731 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 11:10 AM

Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus (14700 Views)

Voluntary Forum Moderator Needed; If interested, come and apply for it / Forum Moderator Wanted / Vacancy For Forum Moderator. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by XtremeBase(f): 8:16pm On Jun 09, 2012
denzel2009:

I'm sorry your post is a spam.

Roflmao
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by Peterson1993(m): 9:53pm On Jun 09, 2012
embarassed I am almost tired ooo. .Seun please dont take any complain as "ignorant".. Before coming to nairaland, we had in mind that we will be going to a world class site without any disturbance. I have narrowly escaped parm ban three times now. Since the last ban, I taught avoiding links was the solution but check this thread===> www.nairaland.com/936324/it-difficult-build-forum-like ...... Where I posted without any link, the post was hidden and i was baned as well. Just coming out from the ban break now.. I dont know if too many tem banning can lead to a parm ban.. Following so many topics cant be replaced,,,,¡ Maybe I stop complaing and abadon this account because the spam bot has been my only mutual freind so far... ¡
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by sisqology(m): 7:13am On Jun 10, 2012
I'm applying!

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by manny4life(m): 6:34pm On Jun 10, 2012
You see, this is the reason why I said NL needs to go public.

Seun, if you see this, I will help you with going public, so you can become like FB or perhaps a buyout would be fine. grin grin grin

NL has potentials YET I don't see it coming forth, like someone said, step aside, handover management to someone else ans see what happens.
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by ZUBY77(m): 9:13pm On Jun 10, 2012
Why should he hand nairaland over to someone else while he can still manage it?
How many of you have forwarded a comprehensive management plan on how to run this forrum?
People dont just handover their businesses like that without being convinced that a good hand is going to manage it. Seun will hand over nairaland when he thinks someone better than him is around the block. The process of handing over is exactly what he is doing by asking that someone qualified enough apply for spam management. The new admin or manager must start from somewhere. no matter how much i dislike his actions sometimes, he knows nairaland more than every other member and i think it is better that he stays on as the admin.

2 Likes

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by Taiw(m): 6:05am On Jun 13, 2012
@seun osewa i'm interested in moderating this section. I've been on nairaland now for years and i know how its done.i'm also a web developer
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by dmark4real: 10:35pm On Jun 22, 2012
am interest in d job, am ok wit d time. Can u send me d details. Dmark4real@gmail.com
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by elegale: 4:21am On Jun 23, 2012
Hi.

I'll be truthful & just state the facts...I don't av any experience watsoever with things like this, but I'm willing to learn...plus I'm already computer inclined (done some lil software dev here and there). So, I'm interested in managing spam in any of the forums.

@seun: you r really doin a very good job...setting up a place like this is no small feat (wiv over 900k members, hmmmm....we wait for the 1million mark and we shall celebrate that with you). Its your brainchild and you'll know how best to handle it, but in my opinion, pls, don't sell it out...you could do like Bill Gates and hire someone as CEO, buh u still remain d owner. Nairaland has become a brand, synonymous wiv you.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by Idowuogbo(f): 4:10pm On Jun 29, 2012
sunnymimo: I am highly interested in the spam management job.I'm presently in Northampton UK.2years experience in similar role.
24hrs access to internet,24hrs access to electricity,highly skillful and hardworking.
Abi o! Nepa no go near u!

Lmaoooo!! grin
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by hammedkola(m): 2:09pm On Jul 17, 2012
dmainboss: @Seun

I am interested in the job and here's my solution:

First the manual way: I will setup a report address or similar (if that doesn't already exist) where users can report spam posts from any section. I will monitor these reports and take appropriate action based on what Nairaland considers as spam. I will do this routine say like every hour or more for all threads with priority given to front page threads.

Based on the above, I will monitor the user names and possibly IPs of offenders and keep a list of such and use that to prioritize future spam considerations. E.g. By keeping the number of times a user has been reported by other users and the number of times a user has been banned, those with higher ban rates can appear in a special cases list. This list can facilitate fast monitoring and filtering of spam.

Next is the automated way: This will require some programming and I would go about it as a project within a specific time frame. I did a spam filter for a cybercafe timer/proxy some years back, so I have real experience with that. I can give more details of that privately.
I will, for example, develop a filter script that will study patterns of spamming and use those patterns to filter the posts and suggest possible spam. These posts can then be reviewed and checked for spam. The script will also be used to do a delayed posts condition for known spammers. With that I mean a situation where a known or suspected spammer's post is delayed for say 10mins or more before it appears on the thread. I have seen this used in many forums, especially those of media organisations. But in this case, the posts will be delayed while a notification is sent to the admin, i.e. me, for consideration and necessary action. This will only apply to "known or suspected spammers" or to posts that are highly suspicious.

These are a few suggestions on how I will handle the spam issue if I get the job.

Regards

I think you are talking about being a moderator, how come you wanna take over Seun as the admin?
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by hammedkola(m): 2:21pm On Jul 17, 2012
I will only accept payment in dollars if am to take this job
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by Abyjah: 4:41pm On Jul 20, 2012
I'm interested in being the superman (super mod.) of this our second nation, Nairaland. Pls, consider me.

How I'll go about tackling spams? Simple! I'll just invoke all the gods of Igboland, Yorubaland and Arewa Repulic on this noble forum. And by the time say Sopona strikes a handful of spammers with Chicken-pox, they'd repent and go to their churches for confession.

I'm sure you'll pick me.

Yours faithfully,
Abyjah wara bi ekun.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

THE NEWEST BIBLE SCHOOL IN NIGERIA / Accrete Petroleum Ongoing 2018 Job Recruitment / Association For Reproductive And Family Health (ARFH) - August 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.