Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,054 members, 7,906,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 06:20 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (517775 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 1:29pm On Oct 05, 2012
goddeymydear: Just got back from the vac and all I have to do is my medical. No other condition attached. Thank God.

And no, I didn't pay a kobo to my school for fees.

Help me thank God.

Glory be to God. And a big congratulations to you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by goddeymydear: 2:58pm On Oct 05, 2012
anyijoe:

Wht was ur ties to nigeria?

I didn't include any ties - like my parents landed properties or any of that sort.I didn't even know I was suppose to include those until I found this website (after I submitted) But thank God.

@all - Thanks for all the nice words! All medical hopefuls, the same God that did mine will do yours too! Amen

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 3:15pm On Oct 05, 2012
oreajayi: Just got my admission letter issued for January last night. Hopefully will be resubmitting next Thursday.
Best of luck to everyone

Congratulations.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 3:20pm On Oct 05, 2012
lokzie:

Like i said, i don't want to offend you, just airing my thoughts. *Smiles* Wish you the best dear.

Jokzoh,Lillaowow,Efosa & Augustapplicant we all have August in common so maybe we should bond more *smiles*

I have every right to remain silent, waiting for the cdhc to take decision on my application, so am just in one corner flipping and hoping for the success. More medical and trv in the oas.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rhamzus(m): 5:34pm On Oct 05, 2012
Jokzoh:

Colleges dont do masters nah.....No be Onterio college you call am bro?
My bad Graduate Studies
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:37pm On Oct 05, 2012
@lft, I still await your response
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2012
AugustApplicant:

Yes but we are still a long way to go. The good thing is the embassy will have time for us since winter is approaching and we expect less tourist travelers, less aged travelers and general visitors. I am hoping in another 6wks we should start getting our "call-up letters" (medicals)..lol

On point.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by heskay11(m): 11:24pm On Oct 05, 2012
Hi wonderful people, I need people who already have experience about this to pls help me out, I have a 3months Canadian visiting Visa, and I want to know if its possible to change the status of my visa while there, whichever options that is available pls let me know
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ifegy: 4:07pm On Oct 06, 2012
AugustApplicant:

What I do know is that you can extend your stay for another 3months, do a Certificate course of like 2months in the course of your stay, secure admission to a Diploma program, then come back home to apply for a study visa and use those docs as supporting documents. The conditions will still remain the same. Proof of funds, ties, blabla. Thats the only way I know except you want to do the most stupid thing people do that is seek asylum. My advise Is don't ever do that and don't go and marry oyibo because of paper o.

To clarify, you can't study on a visitor visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by tolualds(f): 7:13pm On Oct 06, 2012
well it doesn't matter if you submit the scratch card or not. the most important documents are as follows
education documents-- WAEC, TRANSCRIPT, UNIVERSITY CERTIFICATE, ANY OTHER PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE, NYSC CERTIFICATE.
Financial documents-- BANK STATEMENT, PROPERTY DOCUMENTS, LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP, AFFIDAVIT OF SPONSORSHIP
most important is Letter of acceptance from the university or college in canada..

Good luck to all of you waiting and hoping to get your TRV's. It is worth the stress in all ways trust me on that one.cheers to you all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 7:21pm On Oct 06, 2012
AugustApplicant:

GBAM!

Which of the following is the reason you haven't been talking on this forum for 2days now.
1. PHCN
2. Poor internet connection.
3. No money for subscription.
4. Lost or stolen handset / laptop
5. Lost of job
6. Visa refusal.
7. Financial challenges as demanded by CDHC
8. Simply tired of this unending repetitions.
9. Bored
10. Discovered a better forum.
Etc

Abeg make una take life easy o. God help us all

FOR ME, IT IS

1. PHCN

4. Lost or stolen handset........ MY FONE GOT STOLEN....don't mind me, i sold it.... grin grin grin grin

FOR SOME WITH MEDICALS

9. Bored
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Cuddlemii: 7:22pm On Oct 06, 2012
tolualds: well it doesn't matter if you submit the scratch card or not. the most important documents are as follows
education documents-- WAEC, TRANSCRIPT, UNIVERSITY CERTIFICATE, ANY OTHER PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE, NYSC CERTIFICATE.
Financial documents-- BANK STATEMENT, PROPERTY DOCUMENTS, LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP, AFFIDAVIT OF SPONSORSHIP
most important is Letter of acceptance from the university or college in canada..

Good luck to all of you waiting and hoping to get your TRV's. It is worth the stress in all ways trust me on that one. for questions and university and college admission inquiries you can contact me via email at tolualds@yahoo.com cheers to you all.

Tolu, na wa o.

Una dey enjoy for that Ontario/Toronto. See as you dey flex! cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 7:24pm On Oct 06, 2012
tolualds: well it doesn't matter if you submit the scratch card or not. the most important documents are as follows

Good luck to all of you waiting and hoping to get your TRV's. It is worth the stress in all ways trust me on that one. for questions and university and college admission inquiries you can contact me via email at tolualds@yahoo.com cheers to you all.

HMMMM..........
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ezme(m): 2:25am On Oct 07, 2012
@ The House
Can anyone please throw more light on the co-op programme. It seems to be the best rout for most of us with green horns and I would like to know if it has any negative implication on the Visa application.

P.S: I would appreciate if those in Canada can talk more on this and how real the implementations are. There is the Co-op program at University of Regina, anyone presently there can help with this.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rhamzus(m): 6:48am On Oct 07, 2012
must someone get immunized(the yellow card) before entry to canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 7:37am On Oct 07, 2012
@ezme
What school are you applying to? We may have a few similarities
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 8:56am On Oct 07, 2012
@cuddlemii,
what'z up?

@tolualds,

quite an age.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Cuddlemii: 11:31am On Oct 07, 2012
newacca: @cuddlemii,
what'z up?

@tolualds,

quite an age.

I am good and you?

Keep up the good work dear!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jesus4all: 12:22pm On Oct 07, 2012
there will be trv news in this forum this week in Jesus name
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jesus4all: 1:54pm On Oct 07, 2012
@sir p, GUUGOD, AND OTHERS, HOW FAR ABOUT YOUR TRV?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ezme(m): 7:48pm On Oct 07, 2012
TRV_IJN: @ezme
What school are you applying to? We may have a few similarities

For now I'm just looking at schools in the Prairie provinces.
I'm yet to make a decision.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by slamdunk99(m): 9:52am On Oct 08, 2012
Great to see u guys are still keeping the fire burning and helping each other. We dey expect una ooo, make una do dey come. God's grace in ur apps.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by jman77(m): 12:08pm On Oct 08, 2012
lft:

Glory be to God. And a big congratulations to you.
what's the name of the school?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 08, 2012
AugustApplicant:

GBAM!

Which of the following is the reason you haven't been talking on this forum for 2days now.
1. PHCN
3. No money for subscription.
4. Lost or stolen handset / laptop
5. Lost of job
6. Visa refusal.
9. Bored
Etc

Abeg make una take life easy o. God help us all

Which one is Lost of job?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 2:01pm On Oct 08, 2012
Forum is kinda dull a lil'...who is giving the house first good news of the week? Can't wait...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by frankysteve(m): 2:23pm On Oct 08, 2012
heskay11: Hi wonderful people, I need people who already have experience about this to pls help me out, I have a 3months Canadian visiting Visa, and I want to know if its possible to change the status of my visa while there, whichever options that is available pls let me know

@heskay1 you did not mention the type of Visa you are having at hand,but nevertheless,you apply for admission to any of the college or university ether diploma or a degree.then extend your VISA depending the month or year of the admission.if you have a student VISA well very good just go to the office of the international student officer they will help you to extend your VISA by writing to immigration for extension.well if its visiting VISA,after your admission,apply to the Canadian embassy out side Canada,cos they will not allow you for that ok.make sure that all your document are original.Good luck and God help you.FRANKY

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by frankysteve(m): 2:26pm On Oct 08, 2012
@goddeymydear you need to thank God for that miracle that is to show that we have a God of wonder.May such luck follow us that are still waiting for answer from the CDHC.Please can you explia how it happen?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 2:26pm On Oct 08, 2012
jman77: what's the name of the school?

@jman77, which school?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by frankysteve(m): 2:33pm On Oct 08, 2012
lft:

Congratulations.
lft you need to pray to God to help you.Submitting October is not good at all cos according to Canadian Embassy web is 4-6months in other for them t be able to verify your document if its original so January is not good at all.Frankysteve

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (404)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.