Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,055 members, 7,906,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 06:26 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (517778 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 7:32am On Oct 09, 2012
Invincible1:

CONGRATULATIONS my brother!!!!! I am so Happy for you. Thank God for this good news. There shall be more of such news and we shall keep celebrating in Jesus name.Happy Preparations bro,you've got 2 months plus to do so. safe trip and success in the land of opportunities!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jesus4all: 8:29am On Oct 09, 2012
@LFT, CONGRATULATION. AM VERY HAPPY FOR YOU.
@ALL, REJOICE WITH OTHERS BECAUSE YOUR OWN TESTIMONY IS ON THE WAY.
THERE WILL BE MORE TRV AND MEDICAL CAL THIS WEEK IN JESUS NAME

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 8:45am On Oct 09, 2012
Jesus4all: @LFT, CONGRATULATION. AM VERY HAPPY FOR YOU.
@ALL, REJOICE WITH OTHERS BECAUSE YOUR OWN TESTIMONY IS ON THE WAY.
THERE WILL BE MORE TRV AND MEDICAL CAL THIS WEEK IN JESUS NAME

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by frankysteve(m): 10:34am On Oct 09, 2012
@heskay1 since its a tourist VISA i will suggest that you apply for a student VISA when you get to Canada.You may apply out side it may USA or Nigeria then when your VISA is ready,then you can come back to Nigeria.Make sure that when submitting your application,all will be original,give all so reasons why you want to further your Education.once again will support that you apply out side Canada cos your VISA may be hold while your application is going on.I will also tell you if you can ask the international officer of that school to also write to the consulatein other to fasting the whole thing.FRANKY

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 11:29am On Oct 09, 2012
@lft congratulations on your TRV. Please let us know how you concluded/met the requirements especially on the accommodation thing. Did you represent your brother's bank statement when they asked for proof of availability of funds or did he move the funds to your account. May God grant you your desires and goals.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 12:47pm On Oct 09, 2012
TRV_IJN: @lft congratulations on your TRV. Please let us know how you concluded/met the requirements especially on the accommodation thing. Did you represent your brother's bank statement when they asked for proof of availability of funds or did he move the funds to your account. May God grant you your desires and goals.

Thank you. I wrote a letter to explain why I could not pay for the accommodation.
For proof of availability of funds, I used my brother's statement of account, payslip and landed properties.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by frankysteve(m): 12:59pm On Oct 09, 2012
To all of US that are still expecting our TRV from CDHC,i pray that God will see US through. there is what i feel that it will be helpful to those that are looking for one or other universities in Canada.Please make sure you look for university that will ask you to only register and pay for few course that will not be more than five course for a semester exams when you are ask to pay school fees by the CDHC cos i think that the CDHC will not ask to pay more than the fees schedules seeing in your application.I see is very big problem to most people are facing.most universty 5 courses will be around 5000doller.FRANKY
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by MrChris1(m): 1:10pm On Oct 09, 2012
Please, can someone help me with the cost of GRE & GMAT! Thanks a lot. Wishing all Spring prospective students Best of luck in securing their TRVs. CHEERS!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by frankysteve(m): 1:26pm On Oct 09, 2012
Mr. Chris:
Please, can someone help me with the cost of GRE & GMAT! Thanks a lot. Wishing all Spring prospective students Best of luck in securing their TRVs. CHEERS!!!

@mrchris i think that its up to 10,000 the GMAT.I believe you want to apply for masters degree programmes.please make sure that the school you have in mind have affiliation with emigration rules so that you will not have any problem,you can also work off-campus job.franky
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by cris83: 1:53pm On Oct 09, 2012
people of this good forum, am greeting u all. i sent a mail to Memorial University, Newfoundland asking about enquiries and so far, they mailed back giving me loz of information on how to apply at their university for graduate studies. now one of the items highlited was that to apply, its best to send a mail to a prospective supervisor, telling him why i want to study at the department and wat are my aims after i successfully complete the program.
Now so far, the graduate school advised that this is the best option cos it wil enable the supervisor know if he is taking any new students in the fall of 2013, as compared to the normal procedure of applying directly without going through a supervisor. i have sent mails to two professors at the geology department at MUN, but for a month now, no one has replied me.
i am asking for advise here from u peeps, should i go ahead and apply through the normal way?. bear in mind that i have a B.sc in geology, second class lower division. your recommendations will be greatly appreciated. another school i have in mind to attend is the University of Saskatchewan. thank you all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 2:40pm On Oct 09, 2012
cris83: people of this good forum, am greeting u all. i sent a mail to Memorial University, Newfoundland asking about enquiries and so far, they mailed back giving me loz of information on how to apply at their university for graduate studies. now one of the items highlited was that to apply, its best to send a mail to a prospective supervisor, telling him why i want to study at the department and wat are my aims after i successfully complete the program.
Now so far, the graduate school advised that this is the best option cos it wil enable the supervisor know if he is taking any new students in the fall of 2013, as compared to the normal procedure of applying directly without going through a supervisor. i have sent mails to two professors at the geology department at MUN, but for a month now, no one has replied me.
i am asking for advise here from u peeps, should i go ahead and apply through the normal way?. bear in mind that i have a B.sc in geology, second class lower division. your recommendations will be greatly appreciated. another school i have in mind to attend is the University of Saskatchewan. thank you all.

Dear Cris
You have to be patient. Another thing you can do is build a good relationship/rapport with the department administrator who will help you to follow up with the professors. It's not always uhuru with the professors as they are always busy especially with research to prove their worth for the grants they recieve coupled with several sabbaticals.
I pray to find God's favour with one of them. Prayer and patience is the key most times.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by frankysteve(m): 3:16pm On Oct 09, 2012
cris83: people of this good forum, am greeting u all. i sent a mail to Memorial University, Newfoundland asking about enquiries and so far, they mailed back giving me loz of information on how to apply at their university for graduate studies. now one of the items highlited was that to apply, its best to send a mail to a prospective supervisor, telling him why i want to study at the department and wat are my aims after i successfully complete the program.

@cris83 Bear in mind that there is no way that the university of newfoundland will take cos you dont have upper division in your BSC result so just remove your mind,it happened to me as am telling you right now.let me tell you once again that admission will take only 3weeks for admission to be through but due to you have lower division no way to accept you.you may try George brown college is in Toronto is also good your admission there is sure am telling.see you and best of luck to .Cheer Franky
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by frankysteve(m): 3:25pm On Oct 09, 2012

@cris83 Bear in mind that there is no way that the university of newfoundland will take cos you dont have upper division in your BSC result so just remove your mind,it happened to me as am telling you right now.let me tell you once again that admission will take only 3weeks for admission to be through but due to you have lower division no way to accept you.you may try George brown college is in Toronto is also good your admission there is sure am telling.see you and best of luck to .Cheer Franky
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 3:30pm On Oct 09, 2012
lft: THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

@lft, Didnt get ur offline msg...please kindly send to my email.......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by debosky(m): 3:43pm On Oct 09, 2012
frankysteve:
@cris83 Bear in mind that there is[b] no way that the university of newfoundland will take cos you dont have upper division in your BSC result[/b] so just remove your mind,it happened to me as am telling you right now.let me tell you once again that admission will take only 3weeks for admission to be through but due to you have lower division no way to accept you.you may try George brown college is in Toronto is also good your admission there is sure am telling.see you and best of luck to .Cheer Franky

This isn't strictly true - most universities won't accept anything less than a 2:1 in general, BUT some universities only look at your last two years. If you do achieve a 2:1 average in your last two years that may be sufficient for admission even though the overall grade may not have been 2:1. You should check whether the school looks at the entire grade period or whether they consider the last two years alone.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 3:47pm On Oct 09, 2012
debosky: This isn't strictly true - most universities won't accept anything less than a 2:1 in general, BUT some universities only look at your last two years. If you do achieve a 2:1 average in your last two years that may be sufficient for admission even though the overall grade may not have been 2:1. You should check whether the school looks at the entire grade period or whether they consider the last two years alone.

most times they look at both the Overall and last two years or last 60 credit unit
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by debosky(m): 3:53pm On Oct 09, 2012
earthgreeners:
most times they look at both the Overall and last two years or last 60 credit unit

I agree, but you need to verify what criteria a particular school applies.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 4:00pm On Oct 09, 2012
debosky: I agree, but you need to verify what criteria a particular school applies.

You are right. it's best to contact the admission office
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Danyl(m): 4:08pm On Oct 09, 2012
congrats @lft,pls if i may ask were you told to pay any tuition fee as a condition for your TRV.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 4:27pm On Oct 09, 2012
@lft

Maa-sha Allah! Congratulations Brova. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by cris83: 5:57pm On Oct 09, 2012
earthgreeners:

You are right. it's best to contact the admission office

your reply is very much appreciated. i finished from unibadan and i can tell u, ui grading system is still the highest in nigeria cos first class starts from 6.0 to 7.0..i can say my result in the final tow years in school was very much ok, but as me dey talk, i cant say wat these canadian folks would think about that, but i believe that i can get a school dat will accept me for a masters program.
i will send a mail to the school to know whats up...thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by cris83: 5:58pm On Oct 09, 2012
frankysteve:

thanks for your reply. since they bounced u, which other skul(s) did u apply to....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by cris83: 6:03pm On Oct 09, 2012
frankysteve:

i checked out George brown college, but they dont any program relating to what i would like to study....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 6:22pm On Oct 09, 2012
Bruv, don't let anyone discourage you. What works for A might not work for B. They know what they want from an applicant. If you have application fee to try luck with, get a good statement of purpose,cv and fire them. In most cases you don't get to know your stand until you apply.
cris83:

i checked out George brown college, but they dont any program relating to what i would like to study....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 6:33pm On Oct 09, 2012
Danyl: congrats @lft,pls if i may ask were you told to pay any tuition fee as a condition for your TRV.

Thank you. Yes I was asked to pay for tuition and accommodation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 09, 2012
cris83:

thanks for your reply. since they bounced u, which other skul(s) did u apply to....

Bounced him?...Pls that word.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 6:35pm On Oct 09, 2012
newacca: @lft

Maa-sha Allah! Congratulations Brova. smiley

Jazaka l-Ahu khayran. Wish you the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by cris83: 6:40pm On Oct 09, 2012
ferdiii:

Bounced him?...Pls that word.

my sincere apologies ....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iluminati: 10:43pm On Oct 09, 2012
Cris dont even bother to waste ur time for memorial university or any other direct master program in canada if ur cgpa is not up to 3.5. Just do a pgd in Canada after all na still to enter cana go school be the main thing.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dipo1: 11:10pm On Oct 09, 2012
More often than not, we don't search the school websites enough. Most of the Canadian schools get a lot of Nigerian students and so they try to explicitly state their requirements for Nigerian applicants.
I am yet to meet someone who got offered admission to do a MSc in a Canadian university with a 2.2. Make direct inquiry with the school BEFORE you pay application fees.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by MrChris1(m): 3:24am On Oct 10, 2012
frankysteve:

@mrchris i think that its up to 10,000 the GMAT.I believe you want to apply for masters degree programmes.please make sure that the school you have in mind have affiliation with emigration rules so that you will not have any problem,you can also work off-campus job.franky
Thanks a lot.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by johnsonerhis: 7:06am On Oct 10, 2012
@all, I submited my applicatn to VAC on sept. 4th and d waitin pill doesnt seem 2 work any more. Any one with similar challenge?

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (404)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.