Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,554 members, 7,951,314 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 02:05 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (521649 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 05, 2012
Siga: .....Tell them the truth, Canada and US share database cause of all these terrorist wahala....they run your name through same DB....if your name comes up you have applied before to US, denied and you lied....forget both sides forever.....your US denial is not something that Canada will deny you visa over....so far you show you are financially capable of taking care of yourself and present all necessary docs....you should be fine....I have a friend that was denied Canadian Study visa 3 times and guess what...he applied for Permanent Residency and he was given....so...no shaking my guy...

Jesus!!! R u sure they share d same database? Kindly confirm cos I hv a friend dt has been denied US visa 4 times and is thinking Canada dis time,though is different kind of visas.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 05, 2012
Siga: .....Tell them the truth, Canada and US share database cause of all these terrorist wahala....they run your name through same DB....if your name comes up you have applied before to US, denied and you lied....forget both sides forever.....your US denial is not something that Canada will deny you visa over....so far you show you are financially capable of taking care of yourself and present all necessary docs....you should be fine....I have a friend that was denied Canadian Study visa 3 times and guess what...he applied for Permanent Residency and he was given....so...no shaking my guy...
people of nairaland never try to mislead people on what you know nothing about, how on earth is US sharing the same database with CANADA using a different domain? plus these two are different countries, well i don't know where u got this crap information from i just want to let you know i was refused US F-1 visa twice last year and i'm currently studying in canada, why did cdhc not refuse me cuz i have been refused by the US consulate?, please make una no dey come yarn shit for here, make sure u keep your crap information to yourself and those who cares to listen. ****strolls out********
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 05, 2012
mercylicious:

Jesus!!! R u sure they share d same database? Kindly confirm cos I hv a friend dt has been denied US visa 4 times and is thinking Canada dis time,though is different kind of visas.
when you know they are two different kind of visas why do u want him to confirm his useless information?, u be tey tey member for here na, why u go dey believe that kind shit.i swear we need block some useless users comot this forum.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deniyor: 10:06pm On Nov 05, 2012
Yes they share the same travel database now - have done so for couple of years now.
For example, this last weekend I went across the border to the US. When leaving canada, you do not encounter any canadian authority, just US. When coming back, you do not encounter any US authority, just Canadian.
But they both knew when we left and when we came back in.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 10:15pm On Nov 05, 2012
shavel: people of nairaland never try to mislead people on what you know nothing about, how on earth is US sharing the same database with CANADA using a different domain? plus these two are different countries, well i don't know where u got this crap information from i just want to let you know i was refused US F-1 visa twice last year and i'm currently studying in canada, why did cdhc not refuse me cuz i have been refused by the US consulate?, please make una no dey come yarn shit for here, make sure u keep your crap information to yourself and those who cares to listen. ****strolls out********
....If u take ur time to read my comment before flapping ur gum, u disrespectful goat....u will realise I said been refused visa by US does not mean he will be refused visa to Canada....I dont know who u are but I am pretty sure u are a capital f0ol....I live in Canada, been in Canada for over 10yrs....I have friends that work as immigration consultants and I have several Immigration lawyers as friends, one of them is Jesu Orobo....u are still a student and u are running ur mouth like this....I think we all need to respect ourselves...there is a way to make ur opinion heard btu not insult someone u have no idea of....US and Canada share information because of 911....one of the terrorist that flew the jet came through Canada, since then, student visa holders are required to have US visa....back in the days, as a canadian student visa holder...u do not need US visa to visit US....so, relax...i know what im talkin about...tx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kennyGGG(f): 10:47pm On Nov 05, 2012
Na wa o. grin grin grin

Abeg Frank; do let me know if the additional document (waec) you later sent to CDHC came back with your returned docs. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Goldie20: 10:49pm On Nov 05, 2012
Hi,

1. Yes, all major embassies share information/results, all they require is your Passport number to get it.

2. Refusal from US embassy shall not affect your case with Canadian embassy (still VO would love to know the reason behind your refusal)...

Well these are some of the answers i found while researching about people in Similar cases. u jst have to apply to canada with a strong profile and leave all into God hand's i guess.

Actually the IMM 1294 has been changed recently since august 2012 with the same content.
However before that it says have you ever been refused admission,or oredered to leave canada or other country. There is no refused visa mentioned in the old version of form IMM 1294

so i guess @shavel never came across that ..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 10:58pm On Nov 05, 2012
Goldie20: Hi,

1. Yes, all major embassies share information/results, all they require is your Passport number to get it.

2. Refusal from US embassy shall not affect your case with Canadian embassy (still VO would love to know the reason behind your refusal)...

Well these are some of the answers i found while researching about people in Similar cases. u jst have to apply to canada with a strong profile and leave all into God hand's i guess.

Actually the IMM 1294 has been changed recently since august 2012 with the same content.
However before that it says have you ever been refused admission,or oredered to leave canada or other country. There is no refused visa mentioned in the old version of form IMM 1294

so i guess @shavel never came across that ..
.....My brother....do due diligence...the upright and write a well detailed letter to back up the reason for the US visa refusal....these guys are humans, they read through your letters better than few lines on your application....Make sure you have all your documents packaged well...it is well...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Goldie20: 11:00pm On Nov 05, 2012
shavel: when you know they are two different kind of visas why do u want him to confirm his useless information?, u be tey tey member for here na, why u go dey believe that kind shit.i swear we need block some useless users comot this forum.

Did you mention it in any of your document(s) that you were refused a U.S F-1 visa ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Goldie20: 11:01pm On Nov 05, 2012
Siga: .....My brother....do due diligence...the upright and write a well detailed letter to back up the reason for the US visa refusal....these guys are humans, they read through your letters better than few lines on your application....Make sure you have all your documents packaged well...it is well...

Thank You Man, God Bless You, I Appreciate Your Thought Sir ! Thanks Very Much!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by frankysteve(m): 6:49am On Nov 06, 2012
@kennyg i never sent additional doc not even wasce ok. am a bsc hold
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 7:34am On Nov 06, 2012
deniyor: Yes they share the same travel database now - have done so for couple of years now.
For example, this last weekend I went across the border to the US. When leaving canada, you do not encounter any canadian authority, just US. When coming back, you do not encounter any US authority, just Canadian.

what has this got to do with data base?do u knw d meaning of data base at all....do u want to learn?an urgent reply is needed frm u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 7:46am On Nov 06, 2012
shavel: people of nairaland never try to mislead people on what you know nothing about, how on earth is US sharing the same database with CANADA using a different domain? plus these two are different countries, well i don't know where u got this crap information from i just want to let you know i was refused US F-1 visa twice last year and i'm currently studying in canada, why did cdhc not refuse me cuz i have been refused by the US consulate?, please make una no dey come yarn shit for here, make sure u keep your crap information to yourself and those who cares to listen. ****strolls out********

nice1.i was denied f1 studnt visa to enter united states twice last year.when i was filling forms and i was asked have i ever been denied visa to any country be4 my ans was capital NO.y must i implic8 mysef.embasy got no time to get to d root of all facts cos applicatn yapa.so becareful.my transcript submited had been review by usa school wit their stamp everywhere even my toefl result gat d skul code yet i got my trv once.itz all GOD and how smart u package ur aplicatn
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 7:53am On Nov 06, 2012
@lft.
Some people on dis forum are too naive.how could say sm1 going to canada as a student should buy return ticket?guy na one way ticket u go buy and nobody fit bounce u at d port of entry cos u neva knw wen u kud be oportune to cum to yah country.return ticket is purposely meant for tourist and visitors entering any country watsoeva.u are gud to Go wit one way.GOD DEY
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by freshdude: 8:58am On Nov 06, 2012
spencer3705: @lft.
guy na one way ticket u go buy and nobody fit bounce u at d port of entry cos u neva knw wen u kud be oportune to cum to yah country.
dude ur supposed to buy a return ticket. ur traveling to canada for the first time, and ur traveling as a student so is assumed u are gonna come back after ur studies. if u have have traveled to canada before and u have got a residence permit, is a different ball game. but this is ur first time travelling to canada so u have to buy the return ticket. am saying this out of traveling experience, so save ur self the headache and spend the extra cash. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ayurdavid: 9:01am On Nov 06, 2012
hello guys, pls can i register for ielts at the british council in nigeria with my natioanl id card? thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 9:30am On Nov 06, 2012
freshdude:
dude ur supposed to buy a return ticket. ur traveling to canada for the first time, and ur traveling as a student so is assumed u are gonna come back after ur studies. if u have have traveled to canada before and u have got a residence permit, is a different ball game. but this is ur first time travelling to canada so u have to buy the return ticket. am saying this out of traveling experience, so save ur self the headache and spend the extra cash. grin

who told u i dnt have traveling experience as well? Dnt rely n wat people say.my cousin dat just left 4 canada got one way ticket and was nt bounce at poe.money no b d isue here cos one way and return ticket diff is just at most 30-50k now."student"nt "visiting"return ticket is of no benefit cos u neva know wen u gona come back..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iluminati: 9:48am On Nov 06, 2012
THE EMBASSY ASK US TO PAY ONE YR TUITION FEE WHICH WE HAVE JUST TRANSFERED THRU GTBANK THIS MORNING. PLS HOW DO WE PROVE TO THE EMBASSY THAT WE HAVE DONE THE PAYMENT IS IT BY SUBMITTING THE RECEIPT FROM THE SCH OR BY SHOWING THEM THE TRANSFER BANK SLIP?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 9:49am On Nov 06, 2012
Well, like i said, you are expected to b back to your home country after your studies and remembr i cited an example of a friend of mine refused to check in because he didnt get a return ticket. This might not b d same case for every1, so dont come runing your mouth and calling pple names cos of wat they say.
@justwise....i think pple should be removed from this forum, those who cant control what they say, not knowing who they r talkin to b4 blabbing....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 9:51am On Nov 06, 2012
iluminati: THE EMBASSY ASK US TO PAY ONE YR TUITION FEE WHICH WE HAVE JUST TRANSFERED THRU GTBANK THIS MORNING. PLS HOW DO WE PROVE TO THE EMBASSY THAT WE HAVE DONE THE PAYMENT IS IT BY SUBMITTING THE RECEIPT FROM THE SCH OR BY SHOWING THEM THE TRANSFER BANK SLIP?

By submitting the receipt from the school. Write the school to demand for it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Olami1224: 9:52am On Nov 06, 2012
We need a candid conclusion on this issue; this ticket issue is being bothering my mind for a while now.

Round trip( 2 ways ticket) - can the return ticket be amended whenever the person is ready to leave Canada back to Nigeria, or you still have to re-booke another one ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by osawaruden: 10:18am On Nov 06, 2012
Regarding the ticket issues, as a student, u don't need a return ticket. Alot of people buy 2 way ticket because its cheaper. One way is more expensive. 2 way ticket is compulsory for students and tourist. Your flight ticket is only valid for a year. Immigrations don't bother students like other visa holders. Thanks pals
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by osawaruden: 10:19am On Nov 06, 2012
2 way ticket is compulsory for tourist and visitors not students
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 10:24am On Nov 06, 2012
osawaruden: 2 way ticket is compulsory for tourist and visitors not students

Besides, the last time I checked 1way ticket is more expensive than 2way. So who wants to blow a fuse over this. Please lets continue with our productive intelligence sharing.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 10:38am On Nov 06, 2012
So franksteve, how far, have u gone to know the current trend? Pls update us as it goes.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 06, 2012
Guys, cool temper. The thread is getting hot again.
deniyor: Yes they share the same travel database now - have done so for couple of years now.

Dt culd be because of d stamping of ur passport.

Plz this info is very important to me. A very close friend of mine was denied US visa 4 to 5 times.
The hussy is a student in US. She has visited d guy more than once, then she overstayed.
After dt, US has refused to give her visa. She is working and well paid, sal shld be close to 6m per year. She want to join her hussy bt I can't say if her hussy's papers are still valid.
Now she wants to study in Canny so dt she can be visiting hussy at will.plans to get a PR in canny and enter US at will. She has more than enough funds for d studies. She get am, hussy get am too - runs a big importatn business in naija.
What do u think? We have been on this bt it seems am advising her amiss. Does canny students now need us visa to enta US?

Please chat me up on bbm if u r nt free to post here due to one or two things
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 10:59am On Nov 06, 2012
mercylicious:

Does canny students now need us visa to enta US?

Why not just visit their website. I am sure you will get the most current information there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ifegy: 11:27am On Nov 06, 2012
mercylicious: Does canny students now need us visa to enta US?

Yes, foreign students in Canada do require visas to visit the US.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 11:47am On Nov 06, 2012
iluminati: THE EMBASSY ASK US TO PAY ONE YR TUITION FEE WHICH WE HAVE JUST TRANSFERED THRU GTBANK THIS MORNING. PLS HOW DO WE PROVE TO THE EMBASSY THAT WE HAVE DONE THE PAYMENT IS IT BY SUBMITTING THE RECEIPT FROM THE SCH OR BY SHOWING THEM THE TRANSFER BANK SLIP?
Yes itz by submitting the reciept, it will take like 5business dayz tops to get to Canada, mail the school to issue u a receipt den u print it and send along with other documents ur submitting bak to the embassy, plz kindly share wiv d house documents u package for ur cousin or brother. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 1:11pm On Nov 06, 2012
[quote author=dealexad]Well, like i said, you are expected to b back to your home country after your studies and remembr i cited an example of a friend of mine refused to check in because he didnt get a return ticket. This might not b d same case for every1, so dont come runing your mouth and calling pple names cos of wat they say.
@justwise....i think pple should be removed from this forum, those who cant control what they say, not knowing who they r talkin to b4 blabbing....[/qu

.so u fink student period of stay is just 1 month?being a student, u may stay for years even if u go come bak on vacation.do u fink u wud buy a return ticket down 4 a year or more and stil valid?hmmmn! U gat am empty skull thou.u sud try to learn.am sure u neva comot ur vilage b4
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 06, 2012
ifegy:

Yes, foreign students in Canada do require visas to visit the US.

What of permanent residents, do they require visas to visit US?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by osawaruden: 1:26pm On Nov 06, 2012
2 way tickets got 1 year validity. As a student, as so long ur duration of studies is more than 6 months, u are to determine if u are to get one way or 2 it depends on you. I bought two way ticket last year September cos its cheaper compare to one way. Call lufthansa or KLM. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (404)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.