Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,556 members, 7,951,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 02:10 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (521650 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 6:26pm On Nov 06, 2012
newmusic: @spencer i get your point bro...on point!!! May God show us the way and lead us through the right path.

thankz bro 4 been vast in reasoning.itz gud to rel8 wit white and free naija peepz.do ur tinz ur own litle way and always cnsult google for directions.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by yungokus: 6:39pm On Nov 06, 2012
freshdude: @all, my dad is my sponsor..but we dont share the same surname. apart from his birth certificate, what other document do i have to include in my file as prove of relationship.

Please make it real next time by saying your step dad is your sponsor instead of saying your Dad.. That word alone can infuriate the VO cos a step dad cannot be regarded as ur dad.. As regards your question I would advise you tell ur step dad to write a very comprehensive sponsor letter to explain and convince the VO why he is sponsoring you and how and why he got married to your mum also stating info about his past marriage xplaining how many wives/wife and kids he has from his past marriage and how many kids he has inherited from your mum to foster.. @least this info would allow the VO to know the num of dependants that are depending on him all together..

NB:: All this info shud be backed up with credible and genuine Docs... Hope this helps..Goodluck!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lovesavvi: 6:53pm On Nov 06, 2012
@ yungokus tanks veri much, nao i knw wia i made mistake. I will correct it when i re apply. Tanks u all, i wish all dos dat expectin medical nd trv best of luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by freshdude: 7:04pm On Nov 06, 2012
yungokus:

Please make it real next time by saying your step dad is your sponsor instead of saying your Dad.. That word alone can infuriate the VO cos a step dad cannot be regarded as ur dad.. As regards your question I would advise you tell ur step dad to write a very comprehensive sponsor letter to explain and convince the VO why he is sponsoring you and how and why he got married to your mum also stating info about his past marriage xplaining how many wives/wife and kids he has from his past marriage and how many kids he has inherited from your mum to foster.. @least this info would allow the VO to know the num of dependants that are depending on him all together..

NB:: All this info shud be backed up with credible and genuine Docs... Hope this helps..Goodluck!
hehehe bro i like ur assumtion, but is actually my DAD that is sponsoring me not step-dad. he bears a family name with my mum, we his kids bear his fathers name(our grandfather) as our surname. i have his name consistently on my intl passport, my birth-certificate and other documents that requires fathers name..but am still perturbed about this surname ish with the trend this CDHC is going. btwn thanks for helping out.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 06, 2012
Goldie20:

Did you mention it in any of your document(s) that you were refused a U.S F-1 visa ?
why do i have to mention when it was not part of the questions on my form?, like u said i have no idea if the form has been changed cuz when i applied i was only asked if i have been refused entry to canada or any other country and not a visa,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 06, 2012
freshdude:
dude ur supposed to buy a return ticket. ur traveling to canada for the first time, and ur traveling as a student so is assumed u are gonna come back after ur studies. if u have have traveled to canada before and u have got a residence permit, is a different ball game. but this is ur first time travelling to canada so u have to buy the return ticket. am saying this out of traveling experience, so save ur self the headache and spend the extra cash. grin
hey man u don't need a return ticket when coming to canada as an international student cuz the government of canada knows that most student enroll themselves into another program on the completion of their initial program plus there is high probability of u becoming a PR or citizen in canada as an international student when u complete ur studies and get hired by a good firm.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by yungokus: 8:03pm On Nov 06, 2012
freshdude:
hehehe bro i like ur assumtion, but is actually my DAD that is sponsoring me not step-dad. he bears a family name with my mum, we his kids bear his fathers name(our grandfather) as our surname. i have his name consistently on my intl passport, my birth-certificate and other documents that requires fathers name..but am still perturbed about this surname ish with the trend this CDHC is going. btwn thanks for helping out.

I don't understand your case its quite twisted ..I don't know why ur dad compliacted the names he bears.. Just be straightforward in ur application cos wit this ur xplanation a VO cud get tired of the complications in ur name ... Don't knw if any one in the House could help u out on what to do.. Regards!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 8:35pm On Nov 06, 2012
yungokus:

I don't understand your case its quite twisted ..I don't know why ur dad compliacted the names he bears.. Just be straightforward in ur application cos wit this ur xplanation a VO cud get tired of the complications in ur name ... Don't knw if any one in the House could help u out on what to do.. Regards!
I think the fault was from the Dad. And this is quite unlike Nigerians, who like to share names with their children. The only suggestion is for you to do all that is necessary to prove he is your father. Otherwise there is nothing anyone can do except to pray.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by osawaruden: 8:45pm On Nov 06, 2012
Regarding your family name, consult a lawyer there is a legal documents that reconcile both names together. Be very prayerful also yes documentation is important but always have dis in mind that you have to function in HIS GRACE. Try and show family pictures at least u should have pictures with your dad as a kid and so on. Shalom
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deniyor: 9:31pm On Nov 06, 2012
pauloman:

I dont think permanent residents need a visa to visit or cross over at the border to enter usa. As a permanent resident you would be issued a permanent residence card which is what you present at the border to allow you enter the usa. I stand corrected though...if there is an additional or contrary information to this.

I also know that as a citizen or even a permanent resident of Canada there are some countries you dont need a visa to enter or travel to...USA is one of such countries amongst a host of others.
As a permanent resident of Canada, you need a visa to enter the us. It really depends on what other countries' passport you carry.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deniyor: 9:36pm On Nov 06, 2012
spencer3705:

hahahahahahahahaha.lol.whatz ur point here?u are just been baseless.keep mute and learn

Sure boss.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deniyor: 9:44pm On Nov 06, 2012
freshdude: @all, my dad is my sponsor..but we dont share the same surname. apart from his birth certificate, what other document do i have to include in my file as prove of relationship.

Have your dad include a letter in your application package that states he is your father and he is willing to sponsor you for the duration of your stay in canada. It helps clear the whole sponsor problem.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deniyor: 9:47pm On Nov 06, 2012
You don't need a return ticket to apply for the study visa. If you have it, it helps your case but you do not need it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iluminati: 10:09pm On Nov 06, 2012
AT KAYCEE, WHAT I PACKAGE FOR THE GUYS IARE THIS COS NA YOUNG BOY AND JJC FOR VISA MATTER HE WAS BORN 1992. FATHER ACCOUNT STATEMENT OF 6:2 meter. TAX CLEARANCE, BIRTH CERT, WAEC CERT OF THIS YEAR WITH SCRATCH CARD COS CERT IS NOT READY YET SINCE IT WAS WRITEN JUST JUNE THIS YEAR ADMISSION LETTER TO STUDY BIZ ABMIN AT MEMORIAL UNI, SPONSOR LETTER, BANK REFERENCE LETTER, LANDED PROPERTIES DOCUMENT, FATHER BUSINES REG CERT, WHAT SUPRISED ME WAS THAT THE FATHERS BANK FROM LAGOS CALLED HIM THE WEEK THEY GAVE HIS SON ISTRUCTION THAT THEY GOT SIGNAL FROM CDHC TO CONFIRM HIS ACCOUNT BALANCE AND IF THEY SHOULD GO AHEAD SO THE MAN SAY MAKE THEM CARRY GO. Confirmation no dey tire this cdhc people?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deniyor: 10:17pm On Nov 06, 2012
Forget the fact that canada needs people. When it comes to study visas, that is irrelevant.
The visa officials are supposed to assume every aspiring student is a potential immigrant or is never going to come back home.
If they allow everyone, then it becomes a strain on social services. And in canada, you dont need to be a citizen or PR to qualify for services.

Therefore it is on the applicant to prove that he/she does not intend to become an immigrant in canada. Whether thats what we want or not is irrelevant. What is relevant is can we prove it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kennyGGG(f): 10:28pm On Nov 06, 2012
deniyor: Forget the fact that canada needs people. When it comes to study visas, that is irrelevant.
The visa officials are supposed to assume every aspiring student is a potential immigrant or is never going to come back home.
If they allow everyone, then it becomes a strain on social services. And in canada, you dont need to be a citizen or PR to qualify for services.

Therefore it is on the applicant to prove that he/she does not intend to become an immigrant in canada. Whether thats what we want or not is irrelevant. What is relevant is can we prove it?
Sooo right. We all are guilty until proven innocent. Do you blame them? With too much magomago, fake docs even from the so called big men. But this one they now call to confirm balance na wa o.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bukahands(m): 10:43pm On Nov 06, 2012
@guys in the house, is the tution for masters in canada paid every year eg mun is it $17K per year or for d whole program
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 11:07pm On Nov 06, 2012
lovesavvi: @ all i was denied 2day, jst got bak 4rm vac. Reason you av nt satisfy me dat u av sufficient nd available financial resources without workin in canada 2 pay tuition fees for the course or programme of studies that u intend 2 pursue .u av nt satisfy me dat u will leav canada at d end of ur stay.other reasons handwritten not credible. My sister is my sponsor with 9.2 million bt different surname due 2 mariage bt i did nt include her mariage certificate nd birth certificate. Nd my tuition fees is 540
dola. I welcum any advice if i want 2 re apply

what did u use as ur home tie?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 12:28am On Nov 07, 2012
iluminati: AT KAYCEE, WHAT SUPRISED ME WAS THAT THE FATHERS BANK FROM LAGOS CALLED HIM THE WEEK THEY GAVE HIS SON ISTRUCTION THAT THEY GOT SIGNAL FROM CDHC TO CONFIRM HIS ACCOUNT BALANCE AND IF THEY SHOULD GO AHEAD SO THE MAN SAY MAKE THEM CARRY GO. Confirmation no dey tire this cdhc people?
First of all thanks for sharing wiv d house, Just like deniyor stated, every1 is a potential immigrant mehn, so I don't blame them for doing what they do. Honestly on my own terms if Nigeria had all these facilities n gr8 opportunties we wunt hav to seek for further studies abroad, the global exposure wld be wonderful to experience. I wish every1 the best.
@lovesavvi plz dnt give up, the error has bin pointed out, just repackage n come bak stronger. Carefully ensure everything that they need is made available n I believe u'll get it by God's grace.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 12:52am On Nov 07, 2012
Hey guys i can tell you , you dont need a return ticket to come here,, one way is good, however with most airlines return is cheaper.. @olami1224 congrats

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by yungokus: 8:52am On Nov 07, 2012
@lutobi @omosanyaolak @RabiuA @Efosa12345 how far guys??.. Any news? pls update the House!! .. Thanks and God bless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 9:21am On Nov 07, 2012
yungokus: @lutobi @omosanyaolak @RabiuA @Efosa12345 how far guys??.. Any news? pls update the House!! .. Thanks and God bless

Still expecting decisions to be made in a favourable manner. IJN.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Deeman1(m): 9:41am On Nov 07, 2012
Please House i got my Study visa and i would like to know if any one on this great forum is resident in Saskatoon, would like to find more about the Place cause am going to be staying there.... kindly email me at oseyik@yahoo.com..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 9:49am On Nov 07, 2012
yungokus: @lutobi @omosanyaolak @RabiuA @Efosa12345 how far guys??.. Any news? pls update the House!! .. Thanks and God bless

Bro, I'm really feelin u wit yur analysis and all that...kudos to you bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 10:41am On Nov 07, 2012
Dee_man: Please House i got my Study visa and i would like to know if any one on this great forum is resident in Saskatoon, would like to find more about the Place cause am going to be staying there.... kindly email me at oseyik@yahoo.com..
Broda u have some pple in ur area here already, kindly list documents u submitted to the embassy as this is always a source of help n encouragement to the house, plz specify who ur sponsor is to u n hw long it took b4 u got it? submission date, medicals date n visa date. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 12:05pm On Nov 07, 2012
Frankysteve how far now? Whats the outcome? i can see you online

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by frankysteve(m): 12:40pm On Nov 07, 2012
@effizypo i will be travailing 2morrow to Lagos i will up date the House any out come from the VFS office.thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 4:38pm On Nov 07, 2012
@ezechinwa, haba!!!
Why didnt u indicate the source naw.......U stole dat from a website......I call that Plagiarism..
Thanks for copying, editing and pasting on nairaland
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 4:44pm On Nov 07, 2012
^^^got my words bruv. #operation C,E & P.
@Ezenwa...na where you from come?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by blink6(m): 5:57pm On Nov 07, 2012
lovesavvi: My tuition fees is 5400 dola.
What skool is that?

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (404)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.