Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,525 members, 7,920,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 03:27 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (519199 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lovesavvi: 10:39pm On Nov 14, 2012
Mr siga i need ur advice on dis
lovesavvi: @ all, pls i need ur advice, when i was filling student questionaire in my last applicatn which i was refused, i stated dat i was assisting my sista with her business. Now i want 2 re apply nd plannin to include my own business certificate nd my statement of acct as a co sponsor. I register d business around february dis yr. Pls i need advice on dis.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 10:44pm On Nov 14, 2012
Siga: ,,,efosa...I understand ur frustration but in Yoruba land ...they say if u fall from a horse the first time, u hop on it again..... i am a testimony to that....I applied twice before I got mine back in the days....the reasons they denied u are straight-forward and easy to tackle....now...they are not cool with u presenting a company acct....simple...ask ur bros to present his personal acct....remember, a company might be owned by 1 million people with ur bro being the major shareholder....that does not mean he has access to the company funds...personal accts is the best....once thats done...ask ur bro to have a lawyer make a list of his properties and investments in a notarized letter...and present most of the same docs u presented initially...dont change ur stance too much ...it is well

I sure say no be only me the gbadun the way @Siga take dey share advice. Your advice dey tight die. Correct guy

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 10:50pm On Nov 14, 2012
lovesavvi: @ all, pls i need ur advice, when i was filling student questionaire in my last applicatn which i was refused, i stated dat i was assisting my sista with her business. Now i want 2 re apply nd plannin to include my own business certificate nd my statement of acct as a co sponsor. I register d business around february dis yr. Pls i need advice on dis.
....hmmm....in Yoruba...they say..."ko ba ni, ko ti ba je" meaning...e just begin dey spoil...e never spoil...so, my very person....we go retool...that same application, u go package am again...with all the same docs u submit initially and with all these new docs...u go con write letter support am say...u are adding your financial info to support your application since there are doubts you might not be able to financially support urself while in Canada...list them and put them there...now...go meet lawyer...make hin write hin own letter join am...also, let them know ur company will be running while u are away and u wish to bring back all your expertise learnt in Canada back to naija to place ur company on a different level....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 10:56pm On Nov 14, 2012
effizypo:

I sure say no be only me the gbadun the way @Siga take dey share advice. Your advice dey tight die. Correct guy
tx my guy...All to God....Advise for all man wey never apply ...when I did mine...I make sure there was a story behind me coming to Canada and played on dem intelligence to be part of my success story....my cousin wrote a letter say hin wan invest in Cybercafe and he needs a capable hand to manage it...so, out of necessity, he had to send me go Canada where the best IT de.y (lol)...all na wayo....to learn and bring my skills to make him money while controlling his cafe....dem hin tell them say na my mama take care of him and as part of given back...he promised to take me to any place i wan study....keep in mind...the guy na just my bros friend sef...no be family at all...last name different no be small...but him and me told a compelling story and backed it up with serious letter and doc....and all the financial statements I presented were all personal bank accts...so...please, ensure u have a story to tell...these oyinbos na story dem like ooo ... and u tell them to be part of the success story...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newmusic: 11:26pm On Nov 14, 2012
@siga man! I salute o!
More power bro...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 11:43pm On Nov 14, 2012
newmusic: @siga man! I salute o!
More power bro...
....In addition...when I was refused first time....I was told I dont have enough funds to go to Canada....so, I got myself a co-sponsor who is my Uncle...he provided enough financial wahala...when I went in front of the interviewer...he was like and I quote " I dont know why you were refused initially "....na hin I smile berekete....visa don sure...and they guy asked me to confirm my phone number and he even asked me this scary question...the thing dey come my head now sef....he was like..wat if I refused u visa...would u be able to get ur tuition back?...Guys, liver cut small...but as omo boy wey don dey town small...I said...If u refuse me visa...I will get in touch with the school first thing tomorrow morning and demand all my money back....the guy laugh...but my people...all na form...visa refusal na last option as I don miss enough time for work...so tey im sure if I go back ..i may be fired...lol...in all...I believe God wants me in Canada to fulfil a purpose...P.S....Siga might be going into politics soon ooo...so, I need all my naija people here to come support me ooo....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 11:47pm On Nov 14, 2012
@siga
U are doing a gr8 job here. A pat on the back for u and other lads here. Fhemmmy et al smiley
The support letter i.e Letter of Intent,Statement of Purpose etc goes a long way in supporting ur application. I applied to my case,and that was why I was even given a chance to come for interview,and I knocked the interviewer off @ dem Embassy.
@All,
those that have gotten visa,medical invite,those that have already applied waiting for response+ those that are waiting for admission from school/those that have been accepted. Those that got refused as well. Try again in anoda way or apply ur plan B. I wish everyone good luck. smiley ciao

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 14, 2012
How does someone get called to go for medicals? Does CDHC call you, send an e-mail or what?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 11:54pm On Nov 14, 2012
Guys...ur application, docs and letters are like ur resume (CV)....it speaks to the employer and prompts them to call u for an interview....so, let ur letters be convincing and Im sure if at all u were called for any interview...una go slam am...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Netglobe: 12:35am On Nov 15, 2012
TRV_IJN: Hi Netglobe, congratulations on your TRV. Now that you have your TRV, kindly share details of your application with the house. though we are mainly prospective students, a number who visit this thread may learn from your case.

Hello people! Am so sorry for the late response. I was away in the village to prepare for my travel to Canada where I will be joining my spouse very soon. As you may already know, network coverage and internet access is a problem in the villages and rural areas in Nigeria. As such, I could not access the net. Well, the documents I submitted are as follows:

INVITATION LETTER from my Spouse
BIRTH CERTIFICATE
ORIGINAL WAEC CERTIFICATE
ORIGINAL BACHELORS CERTIFICATE
BROTHER'S LETTER OF SUPPORT and BANK STATEMENT, EVIDENCE OF BUSINESS, TAX SLIPS
NYSC CERTIFICATE
BANK STATEMENT from my spouse in Canada and my STATEMENT from Nigerian Bank
FAMILY TIE (Landed property of my spouse, wedding pictures, my father's 'DEED OF GIFT' of landed property to me) in ORIGINALS and PHOTOCOPIES.
UTILITY BILL STATEMENT from Canada
LEASE OF SPOUSE HOUSE AGREEMENT from Canada
ITINERARY

These are the main documents I submitted for the TRV to join my spouse. Everything took about 7 weeks to process. There were no interview and no medicals. Thanks guys and wish you all the best in the struggle.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 12:43am On Nov 15, 2012
Cori your status should change to "contact. The centre for further instructions or something.. Keep tracking on the portal. G.luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Pelumiv(m): 1:54am On Nov 15, 2012
Guru's in the house please,like how much can the sponsor has in his or her account for an undergraduate program and which uni can you advice for comp sci. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pharmow: 2:21am On Nov 15, 2012
Canada Announces Immigration Levels for Next Year

November, 2012

The Canadian Minister of Immigration, Jason Kenney, has presented the Annual Report on Immigration to Parliament. In this report, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) examined immigration levels for 2012 and set goals for the upcoming fiscal year. The goals laid out in this report will play an important role in shaping Canada’s immigration policies on both local and national levels.

Immigration Levels for 2013

Overall immigration to Canada is expected to remain stable, with between 240,000 and 265,000 new Permanent Resident visas to be issued in the upcoming year. 2013 will be the seventh consecutive year that immigration targets are set at this level. This ensures that Canada will maintain its place once more as the G8 country with the highest level of immigration.

Although overall immigration goals will remain the same, intake goals for some specific programs have been adjusted. Most notably, quotas for the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) have been raised from 6,000-7,000 in 2012 to 10,000 for the upcoming year. This has been done in an effort to better assist foreign students and workers already residing in Canada who wish to pursue Canadian Permanent Residency.

Immigration Levels and the Skilled Worker Programs

The popular Federal Skilled Class (FSWC) will experience slight changes in its immigration target for 2013. This year, the program is expected to issue between 55,000 and 57,000 Permanent Resident visas. The goal for 2013 has been lowered slightly, with a desired range of between 53,500 and 55,300 visas. Despite this slight change, the program will remain the largest Permanent Residency path to Canada.

Given that the FSWC will issue fewer visas next year, potential applicants may face a tighter race to submit their applications in a timely fashion. According to Attorney David Cohen, some individuals have already begun preparing in advance to ensure that their applications are submitted quickly when the 2013 intake cycle begins.

The Quebec Skilled Worker (QSW) Program will maintain its target goals for 2013. It is the third largest program for Canadian Permanent Residency, after the FSW and the combined Provincial Nominee Programs. The QSW program is currently open and accepting applications from individuals with experience in one of 110 areas of training/fields of study.

The 2013 Federal Skilled Worker Program Eligibility Criteria

The government has already unveiled many changes to the FSWC that are expected to come into force on January 1st, 2013. The new points system for the FSWC was announced in the Canada Gazette in August 2012. As of now, the following components will be required in an FSWC application:
■Applicants will need to obtain 67 points on a new, updated point grid
■Applicants will need to have at least 1 year of full-time work experience in the last 10 years
■Applicants will be required to demonstrate at least Adequate-Intermediate language proficiency in English or French (Canadian Language Benchmark: 7)
■Applicants must have their foreign educational credentials authenticated and assessed for their Canadian equivalency

Some aspects of the FSWC program have yet to be announced. These include the following:
■While the new selection criteria is expected to take effect in January, it has not yet been announced when exactly the government will begin accepting applications for review.
■No organization has yet been designated by CIC to conduct foreign education credential evaluations for the purposes of Canadian immigration
■In recent years caps or limits have been placed on the number of applications accepted for review. While no cap has been announced yet, it is very possible that such a measure will be implemented. Some proactive individuals are already preparing their applications so as to submit well before a potential quota is filled.

While not a complete picture, the Annual Report to Parliament on Immigration nevertheless sets a tone for immigration in both 2013 and the years to follow. Moving forward, CIC has taken care to make sure this tone is clear: immigrants are, as always, welcome in Canada.

To find out whether you are eligible for the FSWC, QSW, or any of the over 60 Canadian immigration programs, please fill out a free online assessment @ https://www.canadavisa.com/assess/canada-immigration-assessment-form.htm

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Rapuziaokwu(m): 3:12am On Nov 15, 2012
Got a package from VAC...inside is my medical instructions. I was asked to pay full tuition. Pls is anyone here in uni sask? How much is uni sask's full tuition fOr one year cos I was asked by CDHC to pay $17,360 which I don't think its up to dat amount. Pls gurus in d house, tel me what to do because I was given 30 days to submit my receipt. One luv!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 3:14am On Nov 15, 2012
Rapuziaokwu: Got a package from VAC...inside is my medical instructions. I was asked to pay full tuition. Pls is anyone here in uni sask? How much is uni sask's full tuition fOr one year cos I was asked by CDHC to pay $17,360 which I don't think its up to dat amount. Pls gurus in d house, tel me what to do because I was given 30 days to submit my receipt. One luv!
simple....get in touch with the school....check ur courses online and select which courses u gonna take this first semester and total it up....schools charge per course....but u never know...I may be wrong...lol...best advise...contact the school admin office

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 4:44am On Nov 15, 2012
Rapuziaokwu: Got a package from VAC...inside is my medical instructions. I was asked to pay full tuition. Pls is anyone here in uni sask? How much is uni sask's full tuition fOr one year cos I was asked by CDHC to pay $17,360 which I don't think its up to dat amount. Pls gurus in d house, tel me what to do because I was given 30 days to submit my receipt. One luv!

Nna do what CDHC instructed you to do else you stand to be denied even after medicals. Go through this thread very well. They are the boss here and not your school. The only thing I think is if accommodation is inclusive, then you can pay only the tuition and put up a writeup to explain why you can't pay accommodation at this time. E.g. Your uncle is providing one(with proof of course)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 5:03am On Nov 15, 2012
effizypo:

Nna do what CDHC instructed you to do else you stand to be denied even after medicals. Go through this thread very well. They are the boss here and not your school. The only thing I think is if accommodation is inclusive, then you can pay only the tuition and put up a writeup to explain why you can't pay accommodation at this time. E.g. Your uncle is providing one(with proof of course)
...U know wat...im gonna piggy back on @effizypo....pay wat they advised....these guys can be crazy....if when u get to Canada ur tuition is split per courses...u can drop few courses and u can have a credited student acct then use it the next semester or use it to buy books...u can even get a refund for courses u dropped..if u drop them onetime before the second week of classes
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pearls777: 5:17am On Nov 15, 2012
Hello everyone. Please I have a quick question and would appreciate some assistance with this: is a Criminal Records Bureau check/certificate acceptable as police certificate? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Goldie20: 5:28am On Nov 15, 2012
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/facts2011/temporary/13.asp grin.. Where is spencer? sayin embassies dont share same data base take a look at this .. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visa-rejected-already-t124067.0.html..

Aye my people, just be honest on the application form when applyin, Good luck to everyone.. Hope To see all of you guys in canada someday.. God Bless us all..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 6:21am On Nov 15, 2012
@all especially those who did medicals in abuja. The hospital said I would pay for courier service to dispatch my medicals to CDHC, the money is not the problem but since I collected my med instructions from cdhc directly but I paid for vac home pick up and delivery service, I want to include my school fees receipt also so that every thing arrives together.
What should I do?
1.Pay the hospital courier fees for the med result and have vac come and pickup my school fees receipt?
2. Ask the hospital to include the receipt in the envelope of my medicals to cdhc and collect the sealed envelope from them and then have vac (ups courier) come and pick it up OR
3.Do no. 2 but pay the hospital courier fees to dispatch the envelope containing my medicals and receipt?
I haven't even tracked my application on vac site- I believe they wouldn't know that I already have my Int'l pp and medical instructions.
Please advice needed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 7:56am On Nov 15, 2012
Siga: ,,,efosa...I understand ur frustration but in Yoruba land ...they say if u fall from a horse the first time, u hop on it again..... i am a testimony to that....I applied twice before I got mine back in the days....the reasons they denied u are straight-forward and easy to tackle....now...they are not cool with u presenting a company acct....simple...ask ur bros to present his personal acct....remember, a company might be owned by 1 million people with ur bro being the major shareholder....that does not mean he has access to the company funds...personal accts is the best....once thats done...ask ur bro to have a lawyer make a list of his properties and investments in a notarized letter...and present most of the same docs u presented initially...dont change ur stance too much ...it is well

Tnks mrs siga, by special grace of God I will get it right this time, if he had added personal acct to coy, I could have stand a chance to get the trv, no rush we have take time in building the personal acct with neccessary back up, thnks once again.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 8:15am On Nov 15, 2012
@JOKZOH kindly get back to the house abt ur experience and documentz submitted, I believe u were one of those called for medicals yestiday, I see u online now, kindly specify who sponsor was to u and ur experience. Help and encourage others too...thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by cris83: 8:27am On Nov 15, 2012
Good morning friends. please those going to university of sask for msc or pgd, i want to know if you guys will pay tuition as well as accomodation fees together, and also would they prefer to stay offcampus?...thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 8:36am On Nov 15, 2012
TRV_IJN: @all especially those who did medicals in abuja. The hospital said I would pay for courier service to dispatch my medicals to CDHC, the money is not the problem but since I collected my med instructions from cdhc directly but I paid for vac home pick up and delivery service, I want to include my school fees receipt also so that every thing arrives together.
What should I do?
1.Pay the hospital courier fees for the med result and have vac come and pickup my school fees receipt?
2. Ask the hospital to include the receipt in the envelope of my medicals to cdhc and collect the sealed envelope from them and then have vac (ups courier) come and pick it up OR
3.Do no. 2 but pay the hospital courier fees to dispatch the envelope containing my medicals and receipt?
I haven't even tracked my application on vac site- I believe they wouldn't know that I already have my Int'l pp and medical instructions.
Please advice needed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kanayogod(m): 8:49am On Nov 15, 2012
lft:

My research is data mining and analysis. Our research interests are related. I got 4k entrance scholarship too. I already got my trv since October 5. I'll be heading to Manitoba by early December so as to acclamitize.
We can link up via yahoo messenger or if you've got Skype id; mine is ekurious.
Nice one, my project was titled 'A data mining approach to sales monitoring and evaluation: a case study of dangote industries'
I had a 2:2 but having challenges getin admisssion for msc due largely to the low grades. My friendat Uleth has began admission process for BSC into eother Uleth or Mount Royal, my main concern is at 35, single and going back for another Bsc, what are my chances? I have 3 proposed sponsors: my dad, my brother who is an american citizen, and my friend's brother with a canadian PR, what are my chances?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 9:00am On Nov 15, 2012
My brother , I wld advise u call ur school and confirm the amount and believe me if that's d amount the school still tells u to pay, don't hestitate, to do all u can to pay up cus ur visa is sure wen they tell to go ahead n pay ur tuition. So call ur skool n confirm the amount u shld pay; den bak it up by telling CDHC datz wat u were told to by by the school, datz if the amount doesn't tally up wiv wat CDHC said u shld pay. Plz kindly share documents submitted and who ur sponsor was? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 9:29am On Nov 15, 2012
kanayogod:
Nice one, my project was titled 'A data mining approach to sales monitoring and evaluation: a case study of dangote industries'
I had a 2:2 but having challenges getin admisssion for msc due largely to the low grades. My friendat Uleth has began admission process for BSC into eother Uleth or Mount Royal, my main concern is at 35, single and going back for another Bsc, what are my chances? I have 3 proposed sponsors: my dad, my brother who is an american citizen, and my friend's brother with a canadian PR, what are my chances?

Why not go for a post graduate diploma of like 2 years after which you can apply for masters?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Invincible1: 9:46am On Nov 15, 2012
lft:

Why not go for a post graduate diploma of like 2 years after which you can apply for masters?

@lft, I'm just being curious. Is there any particular advantage a 2yrs PGD have over a 1yr duration PGD? looking to learn.Tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kanayogod(m): 9:57am On Nov 15, 2012
[quote author=lft]

Why not go for a post graduate diploma of like 2 years after which you can apply for masters? [/quote
I havent given it a thought, he suggested that I go for the BSc again, that wil my grades i might be given some course waivers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by princetoochi: 10:00am On Nov 15, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Chief, dont get me wrong, i am not saying there is anything wrong in working for your brother, as a matter of fact, it is great . . Whites do it daily, but just in a nation where everything is lies and fraud, they might think twice about, however, like i said, if you have details of how you are getting paid, you are fine to fight it.
Also, in the Americas - Surname is what we regarded as Last Name . . . Good luck
@efosa,i believe u have learnt maturity from Fhemmmmmy,at least by the way he addressed u while responding to ur response,next time when addressing people try to be more polite,ok.
@FEhmmmmy,i like the wisdom and maturity in u bruv,just dont mind our ways of rudeness,thatz while we are praying that some of us will secure our trv and get to that land at least to be reoriented in our various behaviours.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 10:38am On Nov 15, 2012
princetoochi:
@efosa,i believe u have learnt maturity from Fhemmmmmy,at least by the way he addressed u while responding to ur response,next time when addressing people try to be more polite,ok.
@FEhmmmmy,i like the wisdom and maturity in u bruv,just dont mind our ways of rudeness,thatz while we are praying that some of us will secure our trv and get to that land at least to be reoriented in our various behaviours.

@ Mr Fehemmmy....I sent an email to you. Kindly check
Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 12:46pm On Nov 15, 2012
Updates please...who is next?

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.