Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,518 members, 7,920,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 03:01 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (519195 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by princetoochi: 1:05pm On Nov 16, 2012
imadebaby:
Abuja Clinic,Asokoro
@Imadebaby,Great thanks Dear
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 2:01pm On Nov 16, 2012
@Jokzoh, kindly share documents u submitted to encourage others, cus ur a potential TRV holder already. Thanks
@dose called for medicals plz do d same, so we can learn frm ur applications.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 2:07pm On Nov 16, 2012
Kindly specify who sponsor was to u and documents u submitted to prove the relationship incase they were not ur parents.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Rapuziaokwu(m): 2:20pm On Nov 16, 2012
kayce43:
My brother , I wld advise u call ur school and confirm the amount and believe me if that's d amount the school still tells u to pay, don't hestitate, to do all u can to pay up cus ur visa is sure wen they tell to go ahead n pay ur tuition. So call ur skool n confirm the amount u shld pay; den bak it up by telling CDHC datz wat u were told to by by the school, datz if the amount doesn't tally up wiv wat CDHC said u shld pay. Plz kindly share documents submitted and who ur sponsor was? Thanks
Tanx my bro...my uncle who is a canadian citizen is my sponsor and I submited d folowin docs:
1.Acceptance letter
2 Police character cert
3 Transcript
4 sponsorship Letter
5 Tax clearance of sponsor
6 All my sch. Certs
7 Lease agreement
8 Declaration of age affidavit
9 Inter. Passport and sponsor passport(Data page)
Hope this helps...Gudluck to all medical awaitees
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Rapuziaokwu(m): 2:44pm On Nov 16, 2012
cris83:
if i may ask, is accomodation fees part of the 17k?
No, its just tuition as they said
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by imadebaby: 3:02pm On Nov 16, 2012
Rapuziaokwu:
Tanx my bro...my uncle who is a canadian citizen is my sponsor and I submited d folowin docs:
1.Acceptance letter
2 Police character cert
3 Transcript
4 sponsorship Letter
6 All my sch. Certs
7 Lease agreement
What do u mean by lease agreement
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 3:10pm On Nov 16, 2012
Rapuziaokwu:
1.Acceptance letter
2 Police character cert
3 Transcript
4 sponsorship Letter
6 All my sch. Certs
7 Lease agreement
Thnks for sharing broda, itz only fair we give back to nairalanders after we get positive results by listing documents submitted , let's not allow this trend of listing documentz die plz, it alwayz helps trust me. Sometin I noticed if u are very observant, seems wen u hav some1 datz like a relation or just some one they feel will be credible in canada datz ready to give u total support, they seem to respond well to that, Jesus4all is a typical example even though if u notice, he dint rili hav all they required of him, yet he was still called for medicals and one other fella I noticed here, can't rili remember his name, itz just a food for thought sha, some one might need this info.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by cris83: 3:18pm On Nov 16, 2012
Rapuziaokwu:
No, its just tuition as they said
are you going to study a thesis based program or course-based program?
i want to do a post graduate diploma there cause of my 2:2 degree.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pearls777: 6:03pm On Nov 16, 2012
Olami1224:

You can get the Police clearance done at Alagbon like 4-5k, depends on you, and you'll have it that same day, if you need a contact there, drop ur e-mail, i can direct you more on it.

Peace!

Thanks for the response olami1224. I appreciate it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nwaoma1(f): 6:47pm On Nov 16, 2012
Hi everyone, hope u all r doing great! Please i need an urgent advice, i posted this somewhere on nairaland but i guess this is the perfect place to ask the ?s. My family applied for canadian skilled worker PR in 2009.submitted a whole lot of documents and each time i checked the online status it always says IN PROCESS! Well we got tired of waiting and moved to dublin ireland early this year. Just 2days ago,i got a mail from canadian immigration requesting for updates, original certificates marriage,birth and right of permanent residency fee, they are giving us 60 days to comply else they will assume we r no longer intrested. Out of curiosity ,i went to check the online status same day and it says DECISION MADE. Na wao i come tire. What does it mean abeg? Approval abi what? If yes, please advice me.....do u think canada is better than ireland in this present economy?? I mean in every ramification. Do u think i should pursue the canadian Pr or just forget it? Ireland so far is good..compared to where we were.just that the tax system is drving me insane,but between ireland and canada....my pple compare abeg and advice sincerely. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 7:00pm On Nov 16, 2012
Nwa-oma:
Hi everyone, hope u all r doing great! Please i need an urgent advice, i posted this somewhere on nairaland but i guess this is the perfect place to ask the ?s. My family applied for canadian skilled worker PR in 2009.submitted a whole lot of documents and each time i checked the online status it always says IN PROCESS! Well we got tired of waiting and moved to dublin ireland early this year. Just 2days ago,i got a mail from canadian immigration requesting for updates, original certificates marriage,birth and right of permanent residency fee, they are giving us 60 days to comply else they will assume we r no longer intrested. Out of curiosity ,i went to check the online status same day and it says DECISION MADE. Na wao i come tire. What does it mean abeg? Approval abi what? If yes, please advice me.....do u think canada is better than ireland in this present economy?? I mean in every ramification. Do u think i should pursue the canadian Pr or just forget it? Ireland so far is good..compared to where we were.just that the tax system is drving me insane,but between ireland and canada....my pple compare abeg and advice sincerely. Thanks

Although it is said that a bird at hand is worth 2 in the bush. I still think you may want to give it a second thought. Reason Canada is by far better than Ireland, economically, politically, geographicaly and a great place to give your kids a future and like you said a more friendlier task system. But if by returning to Nigeria to pursue your Canada dream will jeopardise your status in Ireland, I will say stay where you are but you really may have to take the risk. Honestly I will take the risk if I were in your shoes.
And about the question "A decision is made" Yes they are ready to issue the PRV once you provide the additional required docs. Best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 7:14pm On Nov 16, 2012
Nwa-oma:
...wat is ur status in Ireland?...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dosunmumatilda: 7:47pm On Nov 16, 2012
Of course canada is a lot better than ireland but d question i have is did u leave ur passport at d canadian embassy or u made a new passport to travel to ireland .
Nwa-oma:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Invincible1: 8:01pm On Nov 16, 2012
Nwa-oma:

"Although it is said that a bird at hand is worth 2 in the bush. I still think you may want to give it a second thought. Reason Canada is by far better than Ireland, economically, politically, geographicaly and a great place to give your kids a future and like you said a more friendlier task system. But if by returning to Nigeria to pursue your Canada dream will jeopardise your status in Ireland, I will say stay where you are but you really may have to take the risk. Honestly I will take the risk if I were in your shoes.
And about the question "A decision is made" Yes they are ready to issue the PRV once you provide the additional required docs. Best of luck."....Quoting effizypo

I couldn't have said it any better......I agree totally with effizypo's submissions......Canada is waaaaaay better than Ireland.....It's worth the risk and I stand to be corrected but I think you should explore the option of completing the PRV process/processing from Ireland-I want to believe it's possible.....just make ur inquiries well and fast too 'cos 60 days has started counting since how many days ago?.......And Oga Siga also asked a very valid question.....I guess your answer will help him point you in the right direction.......Congratulations to you and family on your SUCCESSFUL PRV......smiling and dancing with you already smiley cheesy grin wink

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kaliedoscope: 8:05pm On Nov 16, 2012
maitama not Asokoro. Abuja clinics is on Amazon street. If you have ur med invite u will see the addy on it
princetoochi:
@Imadebaby,Great thanks Dear
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:22pm On Nov 16, 2012
@freshdude, are u still pondering what I am pondering?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 16, 2012
earthgreeners: @freshdude, are u still pondering what I am pondering?
Abeg, ponder it out here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 8:35pm On Nov 16, 2012
Nwa-oma:

My dear waste no time at all on going to collect your Canada PRV...even people who are white citizens in Ireland are relocating to Canada and are giving testimonies about the decision to relocate. Need i say more?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by freshdude: 8:40pm On Nov 16, 2012
mercylicious:
Abeg, ponder it out here.
grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nwaoma1(f): 8:42pm On Nov 16, 2012
effizypo:

Although it is said that a bird at hand is worth 2 in the bush. I still think you may want to give it a second thought. Reason Canada is by far better than Ireland, economically, politically, geographicaly and a great place to give your kids a future and like you said a more friendlier task system. But if by returning to Nigeria to pursue your Canada dream will jeopardise your status in Ireland, I will say stay where you are but you really may have to take the risk. Honestly I will take the risk if I were in your shoes.
And about the question "A decision is made" Yes they are ready to issue the PRV once you provide the additional required docs. Best of luck.
smiley
effizypo:

wow!! Thanks all, u rock! Well like u said, we r gonna definitely give it a shot. To answer your questions...we are legally residing in ireland. I got a job early this year and the employer sponsored my greencard permit...so i am working full time. I ve got my passport with me, only copies of some of my documents were sent to canadian immigration. As a matter of fact, i applied for a visit visa to canada in 2011 even whie the PR was in process and it was granted, i visited ,like it. But they were taking too long to grant the PRV ,then we decided to move to ireland. We were living in one of the carribean countries and moved from there not 9ja.
When we got here,i wrote Cic and notified them of change of address.... . You have really set my heart racing, i thank you for ur advice..will definitely heed to it. God bless u all. I hope to be of help too one day. Lots of love my pple

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 9:55pm On Nov 16, 2012
kayce43: @Jokzoh, kindly share documents u submitted to encourage others, cus ur a potential TRV holder already. Thanks
@dose called for medicals plz do d same, so we can learn frm ur applications.

Sorry this is coming a bit late.....UPS didnt try at all....They sent my med invite to a wrong address but my brother have got it now sha in Abuja cos I had to come over to Lagos when I didnt get it on time.....According to him I was asked to pay tuition only. My story is going to be another testimony very soon by God's grace...cos....(1), i didnt include any other Sponsor's doc apart from his statement of account AND the 3Million in the account was only deposited there the morning he printed it out thou his cash flow was around 12M for the 6month.
(2). No tax clearance,shares certs,building plan or anything...not even a letter from his employer!!!

Sponsor is my brother- more later
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 10:31pm On Nov 16, 2012
@J20 please do get back to the house on ur applicatn's progress after getting ur alert ystday. U did medicals jst 2wks ago & didn't pay tuition @ all...Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 10:38pm On Nov 16, 2012
Congrats to all with med calls & trv ds week - @all still waiting to hear from CDHC, the next 3wks shall be better for us IJN...Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 10:45pm On Nov 16, 2012
Jokzoh:

Sorry this is coming a bit late.....UPS didnt try at all....They sent my med invite to a wrong address but my brother have got it now sha in Abuja cos I had to come over to Lagos when I didnt get it on time.....According to him I was asked to pay tuition only. My story is going to be another testimony very soon by God's grace...cos....(1), i didnt include any other Sponsor's doc apart from his statement of account AND the 3Million in the account was only deposited there the morning he printed it out thou his cash flow was around 12M for the 6month.
(2). No tax clearance,shares certs,building plan or anything...not even a letter from his employer!!!

Congrats bro...happy for you.

But CDHC, why nah
Why you dey always give us headache with unnecessary documents at times??

*status yet to change*
oluwa, make dis positive.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deniyor: 12:37am On Nov 17, 2012
Nwa-oma:

I will say pursue the canadian PR. Canada is quite accepting and a friendly place to live for immigrants. The economy is booming at the time (well except for ontario)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bumdish: 12:56am On Nov 17, 2012
kayce43:
Thnks for sharing broda, itz only fair we give back to nairalanders after we get positive results by listing documents submitted , let's not allow this trend of listing documentz die plz, it alwayz helps trust me. Sometin I noticed if u are very observant, seems wen u hav some1 datz like a relation or just some one they feel will be credible in canada datz ready to give u total support, they seem to respond well to that, Jesus4all is a typical example even though if u notice, he dint rili hav all they required of him, yet he was still called for medicals and one other fella I noticed here, can't rili remember his name, itz just a food for thought sha, some one might need this info.
@kayce43, your assumption is quite valid but I don't think it should be over emphasized.
CDHC checks your adaptability level to the Canadian system and having a family member already on ground who could assist you in integrating into the society gives you a good rating on this point but like I said earlier, there are more important things to worry about.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 1:01am On Nov 17, 2012
Jokzoh:

No probs brv, the aim of the forum is to encourage ourselves and u just did. thanks for sharing. Ur TRV is already sure by God's grace trust him. just make sure u pay ur tuition, after that they confirm ur health status and then ur off to canada my broda. No worries.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 1:05am On Nov 17, 2012
bumdish:
@kayce43, your assumption is quite valid but I don't think it should be over emphasized.
CDHC checks your adaptability level to the Canadian system and having a family member already on ground who could assist you in integrating into the society gives you a good rating on this point but like I said earlier, there are more important things to worry about.
Good point brv, but note I also made a point too, nothing was over emphasised, datz y I said itz just a food for thought. Whoeva has such a person wld be encouragd to use dem as sponsor incase datz dia only option and they aint too sure on wat to do. So dtz actually wat I mean. Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kreamy28(f): 5:33am On Nov 17, 2012
Hello everyone,pls can anyone give mi d download on applying for a student visa,hopin to start early next year .thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kreamy28(f): 7:06am On Nov 17, 2012
Addition to my first request,pls any legal adviser in d house,shuld pls put mi thru this,as I earlier stated am tryin to start applyin for early next year,but another issue I ve is my passport surname n d surname on my credentials is different,pls wat can I do abt dat,due i ve a changing of name letter wit mi,will dat be okay or will I need to get another international passport.thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:10am On Nov 17, 2012
kreamy28: Hello everyone,pls can anyone give mi d download on applying for a student visa,hopin to start early next year .thanks

Step 1: Check if you meet admission requirement for ur desired program.

Step 2: Apply for admission into a Canadian school

Step 3: Obtain an acceptance letter from the school

Step 4: Gather documents for Study permit application

Step 5: Submit application at VAC, Ikeja

Step 6: Track your application online, while you wait for further instruction from Canadian deputy high commission.

NB: it takes approximately 4-6 months for CDHC to process a study permit application. The earlier , the better

visit www.canadainternational.gc.ca for more information...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 7:10am On Nov 17, 2012
If u want to study in Canada,
the first thing is to browse to see d schools that offer ur course.
Remember that most univ accept 2.1 while colleges 2.2 and below.
Select school and course, then check their deadline for application and apply . Make sure your supporting doc reach the school before deadline. Also remember that you have to apply for visa minimum of 3 months before the start date 'cus univ takes time to process their admisn before giving acceptance letter.
Some univ wait till the admisn deadline, rank the aplicants before giving admisin but some colleges don't.
If u r on scholarship, please choose top 5 schools in Canada (let them pay for it) bt remember those schools are very competitive, so apply for some other middle ranking school too.
Most schools have 2 methods of application- online applicatn and paper applicatn.
Online is faster and easier.
Follow the schools instructn...the requirements are always on the sch website.
If u r reqd to write statement of interest or personal statement, remember thats ur marketing tool.
Tell them why u want to study a course, why they shld reject other applicant and offer you the admisn. Sell urself, relevant skills, relevant course, achievements etc. You can just google statement of interest sample and see results.
When u get accepted, complete ur application forms, get all required docs and proceed to visa application centre...Kudos#Mercilicious
kreamy28: Hello everyone,pls can anyone give mi d download on applying for a student visa,hopin to start early next year .thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.