Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,678 members, 7,921,452 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 05:24 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (519248 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 9:06pm On Nov 17, 2012
nivax21: @Kaycee.okay,good.let's patiently hope and pray for a positive outcome.just that maple fee is something else(total madness!)
Nor b small thing my brother
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 9:08pm On Nov 17, 2012
bryanhumber: @kayce43 flash me or ping me asap +233546584936 nd 22F909AF or drop ur number
Just added u on BBM.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deniyor: 9:38pm On Nov 17, 2012
freshdude: [/b]
bro whats up with ontario..

The ontario economy is in the tank right now. Hard to find a job, and two many people fighting for the few jobs left.
THere is a slow mass migration from ontario to Alberta and Saskatchewan at the moment.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bryanhumber(m): 10:03pm On Nov 17, 2012
I PRAY DIS WEEK WUD BE A WEEK OF GREAT EXPECTATIONS 4 US ALL AWAITING MEDICALS IJN!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 17, 2012
Uni of Calgary...very very good school. Also highly competitive
Also note quebec is a french speaking province in Canada. U have 2 first enquire if ur course is taught in English.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:57pm On Nov 17, 2012
@freshdude, whatz up naw.. Hw we dey take gather docx as we await positive decision on our admission?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by freshdude: 12:39am On Nov 18, 2012
earthgreeners: @freshdude, whatz up naw.. Hw we dey take gather docx as we await positive decision on our admission?
mehn my bro, na to dey arrange the thing small small oo...the earlier the better. cause the admission na sure thing. besides u get any sample sponsor letter.??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ifegy: 12:41am On Nov 18, 2012
deniyor:

The ontario economy is in the tank right now. Hard to find a job, and two many people fighting for the few jobs left.
THere is a slow mass migration from ontario to Alberta and Saskatchewan at the moment.

To clarify, if you are looking for a job in natural resources (eg mining, oil and gas), then Saskatchewan (mining) or Alberta (oil and gas) would probably suit you better. However, Ontario remains by far the largest economy in Canada, by GDP, and the Ontario economy is almost double the size of the next largest, Quebec. Alberta is the 3rd largest; British Columbia is 4th, and Saskatchewan is 5th. The service sector (eg financial services) is very strong in Ontario. It is also the largest manufacturing province. It does have some mining (in Northern Ontario), but not oil and gas.
You can have a look at the Statistics Canada website for more information on provincial economies across Canada(eg http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableaux/sum-som/l01/cst01/econ15-eng.htm).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 5:22am On Nov 18, 2012
ifegy:

To clarify, if you are looking for a job in natural resources (eg mining, oil and gas), then Saskatchewan (mining) or Alberta (oil and gas) would probably suit you better. However, Ontario remains by far the largest economy in Canada, by GDP, and the Ontario economy is almost double the size of the next largest, Quebec. Alberta is the 3rd largest; British Columbia is 4th, and Saskatchewan is 5th. The service sector (eg financial services) is very strong in Ontario. It is also the largest manufacturing province. It does have some mining (in Northern Ontario), but not oil and gas.
You can have a look at the Statistics Canada website for more information on provincial economies across Canada(eg http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableaux/sum-som/l01/cst01/econ15-eng.htm).

@ifegy

Thanks for correcting deniyor on his" tua tua" yarns abt Ontario. Ontario by far has the most vibrant economy in Canada !
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by okemi(m): 7:40am On Nov 18, 2012
Hello, pls I need assistance on sumfyn. I studied accounting here in nigeria and wud love to do masters in economics saw a skl up online dalhusie university. Pls how is the skl and the possibility of getting a job afterwards. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by niyimeg: 8:02am On Nov 18, 2012
Gud morng peeps....pls can I use mah mums acct which has abt 3m nd which was fixed lastweek for d purposes of mah upkeep in canada buh mah uncle's acct is d main sponsors acct(tuition nd accomodation).....pls can I submit both accts
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:21am On Nov 18, 2012
freshdude: mehn my bro, na to dey arrange the thing small small oo...the earlier the better. cause the admission na sure thing. besides u get any sample sponsor letter.??

youp, I wld forward it 2 u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 8:23am On Nov 18, 2012
You are good to go...make sure your uncle's account is personal.
niyimeg: Gud morng peeps....pls can I use mah mums acct which has abt 3m nd which was fixed lastweek for d purposes of mah upkeep in canada buh mah uncle's acct is d main sponsors acct(tuition nd accomodation).....pls can I submit both accts
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 8:58am On Nov 18, 2012
@efosa...wa gwan bruv?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 10:44am On Nov 18, 2012
@Gurus in the house, I need your advice on how to make my tuition payment. Can I do bank to bank transfer?
2. How much should I pay? My admission letter came with the tuition, do I need to confirm from them before I pay or I should just go ahead and pay the amount on the admission letter? Pls Elders of our land... I need ur experience
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by inspirizu(m): 11:06am On Nov 18, 2012
So now,
♓☺w must Be in sponsors account apart frm the remaining tuition
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 11:06am On Nov 18, 2012
Joe980: @efosa...wa gwan bruv?

Bros, my school have stoped admitting for May 2013, I will defer till sept 2013, at the same time since it is obvious that the VO's are not satisied that there is sufficient fanancial resources, this time my sponsor will make out time to build personal acct coupled with coy acct and papers to back it up, looking forward to submit application by ending of March 2013 against sept.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by inspirizu(m): 11:08am On Nov 18, 2012
So now,
♓☺w must Be in sponsors account apart frm the remaining tuition

okemi: Hello, pls I need assistance on sumfyn. I studied accounting here in nigeria and wud love to do masters in economics saw a skl up online dalhusie university. Pls how is the skl and the possibility of getting a job afterwards. Thanks in anticipation.

Dat uni is good but very expensive
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 11:35am On Nov 18, 2012
Lutobi: Yea..... Hoping for the best and positive status change... Still no updates... But soon i guess I'll hear something @youngokus

Lutobi, wassup wit yur application?
You've been silent recently
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 12:19pm On Nov 18, 2012
olaremy2k: Hello house,my visa has been denied today.reaon:not a bonafide student..that's d only reason.@ ebugril,bamshy,shevy,ffflowes ãήϑ all..i appreciate u guys..life isn't a bed of rose,things like this D̶̲̥̅̊Õ̳͡ happen.so am not sad @ all,afterall my passport is back home..advice will be welcome concerning the above reason for refusal...ONE L♥√ع..

Saw dis sometimes ago and I ignored it.
Reading the foRum over again makes me feel somehow.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 12:38pm On Nov 18, 2012
It is another week.....
Having this weird feeling ever since friday.
Why wasn't I called on d 12th week?
It is another week today. All hope isn't lost
Regardless of what CDHC's response wld be, I tried my best.

Anyways, Good luck to all of US waiting.

*imagine, I even dey track on sunday*......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by freshdude: 12:42pm On Nov 18, 2012
earthgreeners:

youp, I wld forward it 2 u
gaby4sure at yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Warburg: 12:54pm On Nov 18, 2012
Hi Guys,

Reading thru this forum, lots of good info here. Thanks all, for the bank of knowlegde. i am just starting out the canadian visa process, planing for sep 2013, I want to ask some noob questions here, my apologies please.

How long does it take now (Nov 2012) , for the entire process? ( am expecting there would be a hike in applications since uk closed up)
I travel a lot, do I have to submit my passport, for that long to get the visa? If not then what's the detailed step of the process?
What are the full documents would be required to surely get the study visa or TRV?
Are agents recommended or self application?

Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 18, 2012
lillaowow: It is another week.....
Having this weird feeling ever since friday.
Why wasn't I called on d 12th week?
It is another week today. All hope isn't lost
Regardless of what CDHC's response wld be, I tried my best.

Anyways, Good luck to all of US waiting.

*imagine, I even dey track on sunday*......

Guy don't over stress urself.
U just have to pray more.
Its not over yet.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 2:37pm On Nov 18, 2012
@lillaowow...its all good. Monday is a good day. CDHC is now active on Sats. Goodluck bruv!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 2:40pm On Nov 18, 2012
mercylicious:

Guy don't over stress urself.
U just have to pray more.
Its not over yet.

Thanks......... i owe this to the whole house, i haven't share the list of documents i submitted. irrespective of what the outcome might be, this is the list of documents i submitted

• APPLICATION CHECKLIST
• APPLICATION FORM IMM1294E
• FAMILY INFROMATION FORM
1. MUM’S BIODATA PAGE + BIRTH CERT + MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE.
2. DAD’S BIODATA PAGE + BIRTH CERT + MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE.
3. SIBLIBGS BIODATA PAGES + BIRTH CERTIFICATES.
4. PICTURES WITH SIBLINGS AND PARENTS.
• STUDY PERMIT QUESTIONAIRE WITH ADDITIONAL PAGES ANSWERS
• LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE FROM UNIVERSITY OF SASKATCHEWAN SHOWING TWO START DATES (SEPTEMBER AND JANUARY).
• LETTER OF INTENT (MY STORY)
• INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT
• TWO PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPHS
• ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS
1. WAEC CERTIFICATE
2. NECO CERTIFICATE
3. TESTIMONIAL FROM HIGH SCHOOL
4. TRANSCRIPT FROM HIGH SCHOOL
5. ICT TRAINING CERTIFICATES.
• SPONSORS DOCUMENTS
1. MUM’S DOCUMENTS
I. LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP
II. AFFIDAVIT OF SPONSORSHIP
III. BIRTH CERTIFICATE
IV. MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
V. LETTER FROM EMPLOYER
VI. WORK PERMIT
VII. IDENTITY CARDS
VIII. SIX MONTHS PAY SLIPS
IX. LETTER FROM BANK
X. SIX MONTHS BANK STATEMENT
XI. RELEVANT PAGES OF INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT
2. BROTHER’S DOCUMENTS
I. LETTER OF CO-SPONSORSHIP
II. BIRTH CERTIFICATE
III. PASSPORT BIO DATA PAGE
IV. AFFIDAVIT OF CO SPONSORSHIP
V. COPY OF IDENTITY CARD
VI. FIVE MONTHS PAY SLIP
VII. LETTER FROM EMPLOYER
VIII. LETTER FROM BANK
IX. 4 MONTHS BANK STATEMENT
• DAD’S DOCUMENTS
I. LETTER OF CONSENT
II. RELEVANT PAGES OF INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT
III. SEVEN MONTHS BANK STATEMENT
IV. COPY OF PENSION FORM
• POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE.
• LANDED PROPERTIES OF MY PARENTS.

so those are the documents i applied with.
I've come to realize that CDHC ain't predictable at all. whatever happens this week, I'll inform the whole house. 13th week dis week.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 2:41pm On Nov 18, 2012
Time flies bruv...Que sera sera.
efosa12345:

Bros, my school have stoped admitting for May 2013, I will defer till sept 2013, at the same time since it is obvious that the VO's are not satisied that there is sufficient fanancial resources, this time my sponsor will make out time to build personal acct coupled with coy acct and papers to back it up, looking forward to submit application by ending of March 2013 against sept.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Warburg: 2:45pm On Nov 18, 2012
lillaowow:

Thanks......... i owe this to the whole house, i haven't share the list of documents i submitted. irrespective of what the outcome might be, this is the list of documents i submitted

I've come to realize that CDHC ain't predictable at all. whatever happens this week, I'll inform the whole house. 13th week dis week.

Thanks bro,
Also why is no one asking about GMAT test required for most universities?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by imadebaby: 2:48pm On Nov 18, 2012
Wow wit all dis u suppose get ur TRV.... Relax just let God take the wheel.

lillaowow:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 2:51pm On Nov 18, 2012
Warburg: Thanks bro,Also why is no one asking about GMAT test required for most universities?

Im sorry bro, but try do some personal research before u come on d thread...GMAT is not required for most canadian programs
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 2:52pm On Nov 18, 2012
oh boy, wetin ma eyes see last week make fear dey catch me.
skul do me bad ooo.
God dey take control sha
grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.