Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,404 members, 7,891,773 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:45 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (516242 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by J20: 11:24am On Nov 19, 2012
These are the documents I submitted:-

All the necessary forms from CIC website
Print out of my SSCE result + scratch card
Testimonial + SSS transcript from my secondary school
Birth certificates of self, my parents & siblings
Acceptance letter + Breakdown of tuition & living expenses from MUN
My mum's statement of account + pay slip for 6 months
Mum's tax clearance certificate
Letter of introduction from my mum's company + her employment letter
House & Investment documents - mum's
Sworn affidavit of support from High court - done by my mum
Letter of sponsorship to CDHC written by mum
Passport photographs
International Passport
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 19, 2012
J20: Make una join me thank Baba God for His wonderful works. I got my TRV this morning.

Congrats. Its a gud way to start d week. Start now to prepare all d egusi and ogbono.
I had a dream last night. I was in a plane leaving naija, I come rememba say I forget d ogbono wey I grind and d bitterleaf. I come dey make arrangement wit my guy how e go take send am to me in Canny.
Hahahah. No be malaria oo.
One dem call me 4 medical, ill start packaging dem cos I don't want d dream to repeat in real life.
I must pack my ogbono and bitterleaf
grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by J20: 11:25am On Nov 19, 2012
kayce43:
Wooooow!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! Is this ur first try? Kindly list documents u submitted (as a. Way of giving back to nairalanders) if u havnt and plz specify who sponsor is to u. Congrats oooo, I can imagine how ur feeling.

Thanks. It is my first try and I used my virgin passport with no travel history.
Documents have been listed.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by J20: 11:28am On Nov 19, 2012
mercylicious:

Congrats. Its a gud way to start d week. Start now to prepare all d egusi and ogbono.
I had a dream last night. I was in a plane leaving naija, I come rememba say I forget d ogbono wey I grind and d bitterleaf. I come dey make arrangement wit my guy how e go take send am to me in Canny.
Hahahah. No be malaria oo.
One dem call me 4 medical, ill start packaging dem cos I don't want d dream to repeat in real life.
I must pack my ogbono and bitterleaf
grin

lol
Thanks so much, Mercylicious. May your dreams come true! See you in Canada.
I am not sure about packing Naija food o, I intend to stay in the school hostel.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 19, 2012
J20: These are the documents I submitted:-

R u going 4 undergrad?
Breakdown- what was d closing balance of statement.
How much was in d payslip?
We also need ur date history, submisn, medical and trv
Passport photographs
International Passport

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:29am On Nov 19, 2012
lillaowow:
Congrats.
I use your good news as a point of contact to my application dis week. God shld do smthin positive

Track, today na today
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by J20: 11:29am On Nov 19, 2012
lillaowow:

Congrats.
I use your good news as a point of contact to my application dis week. God shld do smthin positive

I join you in prayers and I say a big AMEN!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:30am On Nov 19, 2012
I notice there are more undergraduate applicants for Winter
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 19, 2012
J20:

lol
Thanks so much, Mercylicious. May your dreams come true! See you in Canada.
I am not sure about packing Naija food o, I intend to stay in the school hostel.

If u r staying in hostel, indomie might come in handy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by J20: 11:36am On Nov 19, 2012
earthgreeners:

Congrat, list all your documents and the journey so far
Thanks. Listed already.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dosunmumatilda: 11:36am On Nov 19, 2012
Amen oh God will do it and we will hear good news sppn IJN
J20:

I join you in prayers and I say a big AMEN!

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 11:38am On Nov 19, 2012
earthgreeners:

Track, today na today

Bros, diS mrning alone sef, I don track tire.

Like 5 times already.

Hapi blessed week to you. Wassup wif yur admission?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bryanhumber(m): 11:39am On Nov 19, 2012
lillaowow:

Congrats.

Amen!!!He will surely do sumtin 4 all of us IJN

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by J20: 11:41am On Nov 19, 2012
@Mercylicious
I am going for undergrad, the closing balance was about N4.2m and monthly pay average of 450k.

I submitted my application on 30th July and did my medicals on 1st November and re-submitted on 2nd Nov. My status changed on Friday, 16th Nov but was askd by VAC to come back today to collect that it was not with them yet.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 11:44am On Nov 19, 2012
J20: Make una join me thank Baba God for His wonderful works. I got my TRV this morning.
Congrats sir, @list twas worth d long wait.in all, how many weeks did it take, from application to gettin ur trv?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bryanhumber(m): 11:45am On Nov 19, 2012
I'm alwaiz happy wen i hear gud news....It onli gives me hope nd encouragement that all is nt lost...We'd all hav a reason 2 smile very soon grin @J20 wen did u submit ur application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by imadebaby: 11:45am On Nov 19, 2012
@ all my status just changed...from poverty to prosperity...........make unba no swear for me oooo. Tension too much I wan relief am small...lol

lillaowow:

Bros, diS mrning alone sef, I don track tire.

Like 5 times already.

Hapi blessed week to you. Wassup wif yur admission?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 11:46am On Nov 19, 2012
J20: @Mercylicious
I am going for undergrad, the closing balance was about N4.2m and monthly pay average of 450k.

I submitted my application on 30th July and did my medicals on 1st November and re-submitted on 2nd Nov. My status changed on Friday, 16th Nov but was askd by VAC to come back today to collect that it was not with them yet.

So, you got called for medicals on d 14th week....interesting.....Maybe I ShLd chillax then
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 11:49am On Nov 19, 2012
imadebaby: @ all my status just changed...from poverty to prosperity...........make unba no swear for me oooo. Tension too much I wan relief am small...lol

Wow....
I just tracked again....yet to change
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by J20: 11:50am On Nov 19, 2012
I want to say a big thank you to all the contributors on this thread especially those that took time to answer my 'silly' questions;- Phemmmy, Newacca (your write up and story remains an inspiration and I know we shall meet in Canada next year), Bumdish, Naijasexy (always willing to answer no matter how stupid the question appears), Olaremy2k, Bamshy, Ebugirl, Dipo and others. Thank you all so much. Also to my new mentor, Siga; thank you, bros. cool

I also appreciate my sweet mum for believing so much in me and for going through this whole process with me.

@all,
You can do it yourself, you do not need an agent. Just take time to go through the 'travelling to Canada' threads and ask questions.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 11:50am On Nov 19, 2012
imadebaby: @ all my status just changed.

What does it say?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 11:52am On Nov 19, 2012
@J20 big congratulations to u again and thanks for sharing.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by J20: 11:59am On Nov 19, 2012
lillaowow:

So, you got called for medicals on d 14th week....interesting.....Maybe I ShLd chillax then

Relax bros. The medical call will come. A friend of mine who used an agent submitted about 17th July was called for medicals last week, 15th Nov.
There is no need to worry, just keep praying and keep tracking. God will do it.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 12:15pm On Nov 19, 2012
J20: These are the documents I submitted:-

Passport photographs
International Passport

Congrats for a positive conclusion. Wishing you success in your studies.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 12:30pm On Nov 19, 2012
@J20 ....Congrats my guy....no wahala....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 1:24pm On Nov 19, 2012

Congratulations
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by omosanyaolak(m): 1:31pm On Nov 19, 2012
@all, this was the reply i got from CDHC.

Hello,

Due to the very high volume of applications being received by this office, the current processing time for a study permit visa application is between 4 to 6 months . Your application is in queue, waiting to be processed. You would be contacted as soon as we reach a decision on your application.
Regards,
Deputy High Commission of Canada, Lagos, Nigeria.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 1:48pm On Nov 19, 2012
@omosanyaolak ... did u mail CDHC....if u did, please dont mail them again....advise...these guys hate been bothered with mails and calls....agreed u all have legitimate reasons for contacting them...but like we say in yoruba "baba were ni won oo, won yi lori ooo"...so, no rush them oo...as if u do, na with anger dem go carry una files and only God knows wat they are capable of doing...remember, our balls dey dem hands...dem fit crack am anyhow...but in all ...God pass them!!!!!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by omosanyaolak(m): 3:12pm On Nov 19, 2012
Siga: @omosanyaolak ... did u mail CDHC....if u did, please dont mail them again....advise...these guys hate been bothered with mails and calls....agreed u all have legitimate reasons for contacting them...but like we say in yoruba "baba were ni won oo, won yi lori ooo"...so, no rush them oo...as if u do, na with anger dem go carry una files and only God knows wat they are capable of doing...remember, our balls dey dem hands...dem fit crack am anyhow...but in all ...God pass them!!!!!!!!
@siga, i actually mailed them last week and i got the reply today. I'l not bother them again as you said. Thanks for the advise!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 3:34pm On Nov 19, 2012

Congrats!!!!! But how you take make your tuition payment? Mine is giving me a hard time
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 4:01pm On Nov 19, 2012
@all, Those who av made Tuition payment in the past...Kindly put Jokzoh tru the processes involved in the Inter-Bank transaction.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 4:04pm On Nov 19, 2012
Jokzoh:

Congrats!!!!! But how you take make your tuition payment? Mine is giving me a hard time
...wat kinda probs are u experiencing....is it with the bank in naija or Canada?....You may have to contact whichever bank is taking too much time to do the transaction...and please stay the school you are going so that whoever is heading same place and have paid can help....

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.