Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,607 members, 7,979,044 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 07:02 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (524476 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by slamdunk99(m): 3:14am On Nov 20, 2012
meecute:

Hi, i have read this whole tread and actually exhausted, but the interesting thing is that i realised you applied to UBC which is the school i have applied to for my masters against fall 2013, pls can i have your email so i can ask u some specific questions. would really appreciate.
give me your email address, I will send you a mail.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pufectskin: 3:15am On Nov 20, 2012
hey i need to discuss ubc with you. please could you reply my email(PM) when u find time?
i am considering their MSc Bus Admin Logistics n Supply chain program. thx
slamdunk99: give me your email address, I will send you a mail.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 7:03am On Nov 20, 2012
deniyor:

Well, as we are talking in terms of jobs, lets talk about numbers that also matter - Unemployment.
Take a further look at the statistics canada website, and you will discover that ontario has about 8.3% unemployment while saskatchewan has 4.7% unemployment. For the record, the average unemployment rate is 7.4% in canada as a whole. Put it in perspective, it has the second highest unemployment in canada behind nunavut! If you know the layout of canada, nothing should be compared to nunavut!
Look deeper and you will realise that ontario is billions in debt while saskatchewan govt is the only one with a balanced budget and NOT in red.
http://www.statcan.gc.ca/daily-quotidien/121102/t121102a003-eng.htm

@pauloman,
Its okay to disagree with me but you need not be insulting about it.

@deniyor,
That was no insult,it only means you made a statement without proper facts to back it up.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lovesavvi: 7:08am On Nov 20, 2012
@ all, it is compulsory for self sponsor 2 write sponsorship leta nd avidavit also can someone use bank statement dat opean in d last 7 months, persional savings acct with gud inflow nd outflow 4 dat period.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 7:25am On Nov 20, 2012
J20: Just finished with medicals.
I advise those going for medicals to open the enclosed brown envelope and make 4 copies of the Medical report form; also 4 copies of data page of international passport and have 4 passport photographs with name and Intl passport number written behind. The fee is N28k and it took me about 5 hours at Childrens, Ikoyi. I spent some time running around looking for a place to make copies, luckily I had passport photos with me.

God will see us all through IJN. Goodluck to all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Goldie20: 7:49am On Nov 20, 2012
earthgreeners:

keep it short and concise, should not be more than 3 pages but 1-2 pages more prefered...

Highlight ur;
Educational Background
Why u wanna study in Canada
Why u have chosen d program
Why u have chosen d particular University.
Future plans after completion of the program.
......:....
earthgreeners@gmail.com

Just wanted to add a few things also, if u dont mind,..

How will this program enchance your employment opportunities in your country of residence/citizenship ?

Why Are You Not Pursing a Similar Program In Your Country Of Residence/Citizenship ?

Good Luck smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by meecute: 9:52am On Nov 20, 2012
slamdunk99: give me your email address, I will send you a mail.
thanks meecute20042005@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Olami1224: 9:56am On Nov 20, 2012
lft:

Request the receipt from your school via email in PDF format. A printout of this will be accepted by CDHC. You can also attach a copy of the telex of the bank wire you did as this will show your name too.

Thanks, i did that since 2nd Nov, and submitted it at the Gate at the embassy, i was called lastweek monday that they have not received it, they had to ask me agian so i'm kinda confused.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 10:16am On Nov 20, 2012
Olami1224:

Thanks, i did that since 2nd Nov, and submitted it at the Gate at the embassy, i was called lastweek monday that they have not received it, they had to ask me agian so i'm kinda confused.

Was the instruction to submit directly from CDHC?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Olami1224: 10:26am On Nov 20, 2012
I was called after medical, on phone to make payment and submit the receipt at the embassy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 10:39am On Nov 20, 2012
@J20,
congrats oooooo cheesy

@Lovesavvi

so u are also here? smiley my 9ja people no dey dull all. I like ur spirit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 10:55am On Nov 20, 2012
@lilaowow,omosanyaolak,earthgreeners and to whom it may concern,how na
my people,i havent heard any update from u guys.this waiting is unpalatable.mhen!God is God and He is in perfect control.He is tooooooooooo faithful to fail.good news soon for you all.at j20 congratulation.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 20, 2012
August n 1st week of sept applicants, have u tracked today?
I expect call ups and trvs today.
May u receive favour this week.
Peace.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by omosanyaolak(m): 11:22am On Nov 20, 2012
spencer3705: @lilaowow,omosanyaolak,earthgreeners and to whom it may concern,how na
my people,i havent heard any update from u guys.this waiting is unpalatable.mhen!God is God and He is in perfect control.He is tooooooooooo faithful to fail.good news soon for you all.at j20 congratulation.
spencer thanks. We are waiting and watching!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deniyor: 12:53pm On Nov 20, 2012
pauloman:

@deniyor,
That was no insult,it only means you made a statement without proper facts to back it up.

lol ok, I thought it meant i was yarning rubbish. Eitherways, many people rush to Ontario only to discover it is much harder to find jobs there. And the few jobs available are at cut throat wages.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 1:09pm On Nov 20, 2012
spencer3705: @lilaowow,omosanyaolak,earthgreeners and to whom it may concern,how na

Bros how package, hope u are now prepared to fly.....abeg try shop well for winter ooooo, I heard d Cold in Saskatoon and Winnipeg no be small tin oooooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 1:37pm On Nov 20, 2012
deniyor: lol ok, I thought it meant i was yarning rubbish. Eitherways, many people rush to Ontario only to discover it is much harder to find jobs there. And the few jobs available are at cut throat wages.

Ontario is to Canada, As Lagos is to Nigeria

deniyor, u are wrong......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deniyor: 1:38pm On Nov 20, 2012
earthgreeners:

Bros how package, hope u are now prepared to fly.....abeg try shop well for winter ooooo, I heard d Cold in Saskatoon and Winnipeg no be small tin oooooo

There is nothing he can buy in Naija that will be adequate for the Saskatchewan and Manitoba weather. Best to get something once he reaches there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 2:15pm On Nov 20, 2012
I still dey track o, applied 1st week in sept.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Henkyz(m): 2:18pm On Nov 20, 2012
I'm new here. Please I need. assistance on this.. I submitted my application on the 22nd of June, I got my medical instr on the 3 of October.. It took me about 20 days to resubmit my app..24/10/12. Till now I've not bee called.. All I see is that my doc are been resubmitted to the embassy for processing. Pls someone help..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Salomeh: 2:18pm On Nov 20, 2012
Hi Nairalanders,

Av learned so much frm dis forum mostly as a guest.

I submitted my visa app for Winter 2013 on d 31st of August 2012. This morning I tracked and 'Please contact the VAC for..., your attention is reqd at d earliest' greeted me.

Am at work so I dnt hav my collection slip. Will be there 2moro...

My app got to CDHC on d 4th/Sep cos 3rd was a pub holiday in Canada...

Tanx y'all and Thank God..... More med invites IJN!

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by nivax21: 2:23pm On Nov 20, 2012
Wow! Congrats salomeh.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 2:24pm On Nov 20, 2012
It seems CDHC is now rounding up on Winter applications....

Salomeh applied in September...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by santafe(m): 2:30pm On Nov 20, 2012
[quote author=lft][/quote]it took me 2yrs and 6 months. I am going to Edmonton in Alberta
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deniyor: 2:30pm On Nov 20, 2012
earthgreeners:

Ontario is to Canada, As Lagos is to Nigeria

deniyor, u are wrong......

What does that mean in terms of employment? Statistics Canada show Ontario has the highest unemployment (Nunavut really doesn't count). A simple google search will also show Ontario is the province with the most red and a crippling economy. This is despite canada having picked itself up from the recession. Of course, based on population, ontario has the highest GDP. But based on recent trends, Alberta is well poised to over Ontario as the economic hub of Canada.

Based on stories I've heard from people living there, people lose their jobs discriminately. Those same jobs are reposted out and at a lower pay than before. They know they can do that since there are many people willing to get that job even at a lower pay. People will about do anything to hang on to their jobs cos there is almost nothing out there. Yet immigrants keep rushing to Ontario (esp Toronto) and it just gets worse. Shine your eyes people!

You know how the US say the economy is really bad, the unemployment rate is 7.9%. In Ontario, it is 8.4%. Canada as a whole is 7.4%.
As a result, people moved in drones from Ontario to Saskatchewan and Alberta. Saskatchewan used to have the easiest provincial immigration nominee program (SINP). To combat the employment and immigration issues as a result of the mass movement, SINP has become one of the toughest provincial nominee programs since June 2012.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kreamy28(f): 2:45pm On Nov 20, 2012
What
I think earthgreener means is that u should buy enough robbs and aboliki. Abi u fit by does there?loooooollll
deniyor:

There is nothing he can buy in Naija that will be adequate for the Saskatchewan and Manitoba weather. Best to get something once he reaches there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Olami1224: 2:49pm On Nov 20, 2012
@Henkyz:... try and draft a letter, and attached the copies of things you submitted along with your medical instructions, and address it to the consular, stating your application number, name, DOB, and all other necessary information. Go and drop it at the embassy. I had a similar case and it worked for me, i dropped the mail this morning and i received a call from them.

Peace!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 20, 2012
grin
Salomeh: Hi Nairalanders,

Av learned so much frm dis forum mostly as a guest.

I submitted my visa app for Winter 2013 on d 31st of August 2012. This morning I tracked and 'Please contact the VAC for..., your attention is reqd at d earliest' greeted me.

Am at work so I dnt hav my collection slip. Will be there 2moro...

My app got to CDHC on d 4th/Sep cos 3rd was a pub holiday in Canada...

Tanx y'all and Thank God..... More med invites IJN!

Beautifl. U submitted on the 4th. Dt means 1st week of sept are already getting med invitatns. Plz update us if there r other requirements as soon as u collect ur invitn, bt I pray u won't have any other reqment

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (404)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.