Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,404 members, 7,891,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:47 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (516243 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newmusic: 9:10pm On Nov 18, 2012
@siga, but we are talking of Canada here not UK. I know what am talking about...
Kindly make inquiry, it applies to Canada and US, I think oz also.

Anyway let's move on! Make we bone the talk.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 9:10pm On Nov 18, 2012
newmusic: @ntom, your passport must have been issued at least 6 months earlier before you apply for visa.
Also must be valid at least 6 months after you apply for visa. So you choose what is right for you. I will advise you go for renewal by December.

your passport must have been issued at least 6 months earlier before you apply for visa.
R u sure of d above statement? It seems false.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newmusic: 9:11pm On Nov 18, 2012
@Mercy move on pls...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by christiance(m): 9:14pm On Nov 18, 2012
hello peeps. i am new here. my name is christian awaiting corper though. i studied History and Diplomatic Studies ( i.e International RElations). i am hereby opting to have my Mastre"s degree or postgradutes programme in the field of INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS in Canada but i do not know any universities in Canada as link and the process required to that effect. i will be so much glad if anyone can put me through..................... i need this as matter of urgency.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 9:16pm On Nov 18, 2012
newmusic: @siga, but we are talking of Canada here not UK. I know what am talking about...
Kindly make inquiry, it applies to Canada and US, I think oz also.

Anyway let's move on! Make we bone the talk.
....its ok @newmusic...lets move on like u said....a passport issue date does not matter....its the expiration date that matters....but like u said...lets move on...but its a good discussion nonetheless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 18, 2012
Siga: ...Xmas holiday is coming...dem guys too wan come home for holiday and files plenty to clear....they have to work overtime....my prayer is that they should just ignore checking docs and approve all applications....
Amen ooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by eldredthedon(m): 10:23pm On Nov 18, 2012
please does anybody know what the job market is in canada? and in different parts of canada. im into information technology, and i just wanna know my options. thanks anyone
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by imadebaby: 10:58pm On Nov 18, 2012
Hi did u apply alone or with your family?

effizypo:

HERE ARE THE DOCS I SUBMITTED
All the downloaded docs from CDHC website.
Processing fee (19,500) Bank draft
WAEC certificate
BSC certificate
Various professional/training certificates
Transcripts from University and Transcript from a professional body
NPC attestation of birth (I lost my original birth cert)
Marriage certificate (I am married)
Birth certificates of my wife and kids
Letter of consent- Wife
Reference Letter from my institute
Reference letter from my Employer
Bank reference from employer (in support of letter of support)
Proof of shareholding in my company
Proof of Business ownership with receipts of transaction and payments of levy and utility bill
Letter of support (Employer): stating they guarantee my studies and will pay my salary while studying
Acceptance letter from School
Admission letter from School
Receipt of payment of 1 semester tuition
Documents of my house and landed properties
Pay slip (3 months)
Statement of account (6M+)
Letter from employer stating annual income of 3.7M+
Shares documents
Family pix
Police clearance certificate
2 passport photo taken at VFS
International passports (old and new)
Leave approval letter from employer
Statement of purpose
My CV
Office ID card
Evidence of previous employment
Insurance Policy with my kids as beneficiaries.

Note:
All the answers I provided in the study permit questionnaire had additional sheets which I called appendix 1, 11, 111 etc
I am no more a dependant so I am sponsoring myself.
But above all I submitted to God’s will for my life. Wishing everyone the best.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bryanhumber(m): 11:20pm On Nov 18, 2012
undecided o boy fear dey catch me ooo!!Bt na God hand we dey...Since Aug 15th dem neva kal 4 medicals....*still prayin* 2 all aug applicants awaiting medicals,we will receive gud news dis week IJN!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bryanhumber(m): 11:34pm On Nov 18, 2012
I hav a question 4 d gurus in the house....If 4 instance,i'm refusd d visa(GOD FORBID) at CDHC,Lagos...cn i proceed 2 the CHC in accra,ghana with the same documents??Coz sum1 tld me in dat in accra if u submit ur application by 9am,medicals is done that same day arnd 3pm nd d processing tym 4 d visa is 1month
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 4:46am On Nov 19, 2012
@bryanhumber I'm almost certain that is wrong.. And pls issuing date of a passport doesn't matter, you can get a passport today n apply for a visa tomorrow
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 6:21am On Nov 19, 2012
@Gurus in the house, Pls I need your advice on how to make my tuition payment. Can I do bank to bank transfer?
2. How much should I pay? My admission letter came with the tuition, do I need to confirm from them before I pay or I should just go ahead and pay the amount on the admission letter? Pls Elders of our land... I need ur experience
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 19, 2012
Jokzoh: @Gurus in the house, Pls I need your advice on how to make my tuition payment. Can I do bank to bank transfer?
2. How much should I pay? My admission letter came with the tuition, do I need to confirm from them before I pay or I should just go ahead and pay the amount on the admission letter? Pls Elders of our land... I need ur experience

@ plz elders of our land, I laff 4 dt comment, do u think u r acting a nigeria film?
Wia u told how much to pay by cdhc? If yes, transfer dt amt 2 sch using either form a or bank transfer ( both options available in d bank, u just have to ask ur acnt officer d processing time)

If u wia nt advised, write d admisn officer in d sch and ask how much u r to pay for a year tuition, make d payment in d bank and tell them to give u d telex copy.
I'll advise u submit ur telex copy and the correspondence with sch pending wen u receive d receipt from school which u'll still submit to embassy.
For ur receipt, make arrangement with the school to send it by speed post cos it might take more than 3 weeks to get to u if they use normal post.

Congrats in advance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 19, 2012
bryanhumber: I hav a question 4 d gurus in the house....If 4 instance,i'm refusd d visa(GOD FORBID) at CDHC,Lagos...cn i proceed 2 the CHC in accra,ghana with the same documents??Coz sum1 tld me in dat in accra if u submit ur application by 9am,medicals is done that same day arnd 3pm nd d processing tym 4 d visa is 1month

I don hear dis thing b4, bt culdnt confirm it.
Heard acra's processing time is very fast but dt their rate of refusal is also high.
Rememba they still have to confirm ur docs, and being in another country, I don't know how fast they can do dt.
The questn we shld even ask is if they accept canadian study permit applicatns frm ppl resident in other countries.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 8:34am On Nov 19, 2012
Your application reference number NGA/**0812/****/** is being processed at Embassy on **/08/2012

I heard update on the VAC website starts from 9am...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 19, 2012
mercylicious:

I don hear dis thing b4, bt culdnt confirm it.
Heard acra's processing time is very fast but dt their rate of refusal is also high.
Rememba they still have to confirm ur docs, and being in another country, I don't know how fast they can do dt.
The questn we shld even ask is if they accept canadian study permit applicatns frm ppl resident in other countries.

I just checked their website. They process tRv (study inclusive) for sum countries. Nigeria is not inclusive in the list of countries.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 9:12am On Nov 19, 2012
@Mercy and all...''an uncle is prime sponsor while mum is the co-sponsor''. How should it be presented in the form. Your take please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:30am On Nov 19, 2012
@ bryanhumber

Please do not paste a link to any agent or promote one here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 19, 2012
Joe980: @Mercy and all...''an uncle is prime sponsor while mum is the co-sponsor''. How should it be presented in the form. Your take please.
In d form I filled, there is position fOr sponsor, and also a space for additional sponsor.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bryanhumber(m): 9:35am On Nov 19, 2012
justwise: @ bryanhumber

Please do not paste a link to any agent or promote one here.

Owkay sir cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 9:51am On Nov 19, 2012
mercylicious:

@ plz elders of our land, I laff 4 dt comment, do u think u r acting a nigeria film?
Wia u told how much to pay by cdhc? If yes, transfer dt amt 2 sch using either form a or bank transfer ( both options available in d bank, u just have to ask ur acnt officer d processing time)

If u wia nt advised, write d admisn officer in d sch and ask how much u r to pay for a year tuition, make d payment in d bank and tell them to give u d telex copy.
I'll advise u submit ur telex copy and the correspondence with sch pending wen u receive d receipt from school which u'll still submit to embassy.
For ur receipt, make arrangement with the school to send it by speed post cos it might take more than 3 weeks to get to u if they use normal post.

Congrats in advance

Thanks Elder Mercylicious, God bless you!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by omosanyaolak(m): 10:40am On Nov 19, 2012
@all, please help me beg CDHC to make final decision on my application. This is the 15th week of submission, i don tire. I can't plan on other things about my life. This waiting is crazy! Hope to hear from them this week.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by J20: 10:57am On Nov 19, 2012
Make una join me thank Baba God for His wonderful works. I got my TRV this morning.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 11:03am On Nov 19, 2012
J20: Make una join me thank Baba God for His wonderful works. I got my TRV this morning.
Wooooow!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! Is this ur first try?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:08am On Nov 19, 2012
J20: Make una join me thank Baba God for His wonderful works. I got my TRV this morning.

Congrat, list all your documents and the journey so far
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 11:09am On Nov 19, 2012
Wooooow!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! Is this ur first try? Kindly list documents u submitted (as a. Way of giving back to nairalanders) if u havnt and plz specify who sponsor is to u. Congrats oooo, I can imagine how ur feeling.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 11:17am On Nov 19, 2012

Congrats.
I use your good news as a point of contact to my application dis week. God shld do smthin positive

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.