Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,404 members, 7,891,781 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:57 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (516246 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by meecute: 4:05pm On Nov 19, 2012
slamdunk99: Bro....one love. We are same in the struggle. However, I want u to realize that dis is a forum where people comment on their experiences so long as its legal (of course thats y dias a moderator), and not just follow what 1 or 2 peeps have to say. Nobody is a kid on this forum n i believe everyone is reasonable enuf to filter what people say in content n context. someome got a trv b4 me with 2.5M in sponsors acc without paying a dime in sch fees for a masters prog on this forum....did he mislead people that 2.5M was enuf to apply?........NO. If you pay with form A like someone pointed out you have to show evidence for the payment like fee schedule(which my uni dosen't issue as a policy) or official print out of required fees at any point from student portal(only document i had). Someone in this forum said one could make the payment in another bank, an option I was abt to take same day my trv was issued. I wasn't aware of any other option at the time, nor was this forum. With a fee schedule for your entire program you can pay even more than CDHC ask you to pay using form A........again one love bro.........congrats to oreajayi n to all trv hopeful. they cant hold on to trvs for too long.

Hi, i have read this whole tread and actually exhausted, but the interesting thing is that i realised you applied to UBC which is the school i have applied to for my masters against fall 2013, pls can i have your email so i can ask u some specific questions. would really appreciate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bryanhumber(m): 4:07pm On Nov 19, 2012
undecidedmehn....Waitn 4 so lng cn become so unbearable...Na wa o...Just 2 go nd study in one country nd u hav 2 wait 4 more than 4mnths...Me sef don tire!!!@J20 congrats bro....I submitted almost all d same documents urs except that i hav 2 sponsors:mumsi and my uncle(both having nt less than 12m in both personal accts)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 4:40pm On Nov 19, 2012
Siga: @omosanyaolak ... did u mail CDHC....if u did, please dont mail them again....advise...these guys hate been bothered with mails and calls....agreed u all have legitimate reasons for contacting them...but like we say in yoruba "baba were ni won oo, won yi lori ooo"...so, no rush them oo...as if u do, na with anger dem go carry una files and only God knows wat they are capable of doing...remember, our balls dey dem hands...dem fit crack am anyhow...but in all ...God pass them!!!!!!!!
ope o, i almost sent the a mail..lemme just keeep my fingas away from d keyboard except for tracking and nairaland...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by J20: 4:51pm On Nov 19, 2012
Jokzoh:

Congrats!!!!! But how you take make your tuition payment? Mine is giving me a hard time

I was not asked to make any payment.
It has been suggested that GTB, Zenith and First Bank are the best option. I am going to use Standard Chartered Bank.
Check your school website and contact them to give you their details. You can pay through bank transfer, bank draft (slow process) or use credit/debit card.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 5:01pm On Nov 19, 2012
dealexad:
ope o, i almost sent the a mail..lemme just keeep my fingas away from d keyboard except for tracking and nairaland...

It is stated clearly on their website that you should not mail them for enquiry concerning your application until the expiration of the waiting period ie processing time which is 6months so guys pls just try hold am for body. i know se e no easy but abeg try hold am oo.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 5:13pm On Nov 19, 2012
earthgreeners: @all, Those who av made Tuition payment in the past...Kindly put Jokzoh tru the processes involved in the Inter-Bank transaction.

@Earthgreener; thoughtful of you... Thanks. My 2 banks(access and diamond) made a big deal out of it. They wouldn't transfer it unless I open a Dom account with 250$.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2012
Siga: ...wat kinda probs are u experiencing....is it with the bank in naija or Canada?....You may have to contact whichever bank is taking too much time to do the transaction...and please stay the school you are going so that whoever is heading same place and have paid can help....

I'm going to Fanshawe college. My banks insisted I open a Dom account
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 5:21pm On Nov 19, 2012
Jokzoh:

....haba, why Dom account....na wa for these guys ooo....I think you should check other banks out....and move your money over then transfer...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by niyimeg: 5:46pm On Nov 19, 2012
hi peeps, u guyz ve bin so wonderful i must confess. LETTER OF INTENT should be like how many pages? am just confused cos i dnt just know how,where to start from.....please can u guysz be of help...... or can anyone send me a sample to niyi.megbabi@yahoo.com ....tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 5:50pm On Nov 19, 2012
niyimeg: hi peeps, u guyz ve bin so wonderful i must confess. LETTER OF INTENT should be like how many pages? am just confused cos i dnt just know how,where to start from.....please can u guysz be of help...... or can anyone send me a sample to niyi.megbabi@yahoo.com ....tnx
...one page is ideal....make it quick and detailed....not epistle-like...o ya guys...please flood my guy's box with samples I beg....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 5:51pm On Nov 19, 2012
niyimeg: hi peeps, u guyz ve bin so wonderful i must confess. LETTER OF INTENT should be like how many pages? am just confused cos i dnt just know how,where to start from.....please can u guysz be of help...... or can anyone send me a sample to niyi.megbabi@yahoo.com ....tnx

keep it short and concise, should not be more than 3 pages but 1-2 pages more prefered...

Highlight ur;
Educational Background
Why u wanna study in Canada
Why u have chosen d program
Why u have chosen d particular University.
Future plans after completion of the program.
......:....
earthgreeners@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 19, 2012
I don't think talking abt ur sponsor is ideal in the letter of intent u will use to apply 4 admisn.
U may include dt 4 embassy. Ideally,its shld be one page.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 19, 2012
Jokzoh:

U can use some else's.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 19, 2012
Siga: ....haba, why Dom account....na wa for these guys ooo....I think you should check other banks out....and move your money over then transfer...

I wish I culd help u.
Go to the bank u have acnt with, tell them u want to see the manager.
Its very shamefull dt sum ppl dt work in banks don't know anything abt banking.
Go with ur passport, acceptance letter and all related doc.
Tell d mgr u want to pay sch fees with form A.
They are supposed to fill a form for u ,ur name, d sch details and the acnt to debit money from ( which in ur case is a naira acnt)
They will bid for dollar for u and transfer d money to Canada @CBN's rate which is far far cheaper.
Time is ticking. The earlier u act, d better for u.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Olami1224: 6:50pm On Nov 19, 2012
Hi everybody, those that were called to go and make payment through the phone, how did you submit the receipt? or wats the best way to submit the receipt.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by johnsonerhis: 7:26pm On Nov 19, 2012
@all, u can make ur payment using a credit card. Its as easy as withdrawin money from an ATM machine. Contact ur school for instruction, make ur payment online using ur credit card and get ur receipt immediately. Datz wot i did wen i got my offer letter and i was asked 2 pay $2k. Its simple without charges dat will cost u a leg and an arm.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:30pm On Nov 19, 2012
johnsonerhis: @all, u can make ur payment using a credit card. Its as easy as withdrawin money from an ATM machine. Contact ur school for instruction, make ur payment online using ur credit card and get ur receipt immediately. Datz wot i did wen i got my offer letter and i was asked 2 pay $2k. Its simple without charges dat will cost u a leg and an arm.

u mean u paid using the naira debit card?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by johnsonerhis: 7:34pm On Nov 19, 2012
@earthgreeners, yes i paid using my credit card. All i did was to ask diamond bank to link d credit cad to my savings account and dat was all. Its dat simple
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 7:41pm On Nov 19, 2012
mercylicious:

I wish I culd help u.
Go to the bank u have acnt with, tell them u want to see the manager.
Its very shamefull dt sum ppl dt work in banks don't know anything abt banking.
Go with ur passport, acceptance letter and all related doc.
Tell d mgr u want to pay sch fees with form A.
They are supposed to fill a form for u ,ur name, d sch details and the acnt to debit money from ( which in ur case is a naira acnt)
They will bid for dollar for u and transfer d money to Canada @CBN's rate which is far far cheaper.
Time is ticking. The earlier u act, d better for u.

This is very helpful...God bless you my Mercylicious Mercy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iluminati: 7:58pm On Nov 19, 2012
HI ALL, PLS WHICH WHICH AMONG THESE PRONVINCE IS BETTER IN TERMS OF JOB OPPORTUNITY NEWFOUNDLAND AND SASKATCHEWAN? How much is sasketchewan university tuition fee. which university accepts NECO for undergraduate admission?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newmusic: 8:09pm On Nov 19, 2012
People should take note that credit card is different from debit card.

You can pay via phone or online with your credit card, it's the easiest and fastest means, I have not used debit card for online payment, only at the location of transaction (POS).

Banks that issue credit card without much hassles are FCMB and GTB, however they will ask you to open a domm account which you will transfer money to the cc from. The whole process will take about 3 weeks to open domm and cc together.

So except you know someone who can help you about the payment ie who has cc,domm or other means cause of time.
You can also make bank transfer, quite slow and expensive, commission and percentage etc...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 8:35pm On Nov 19, 2012
Olami1224: Hi everybody, those that were called to go and make payment through the phone, how did you submit the receipt? or wats the best way to submit the receipt.

Request the receipt from your school via email in PDF format. A printout of this will be accepted by CDHC. You can also attach a copy of the telex of the bank wire you did as this will show your name too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 8:47pm On Nov 19, 2012
newmusic: People should take note that credit card is different from debit card.

You can pay via phone or online with your credit card, it's the easiest and fastest means, I have not used debit card for online payment, only at the location of transaction (POS).

Banks that issue credit card without much hassles are FCMB and GTB, however they will ask you to open a domm account which you will transfer money to the cc from. The whole process will take about 3 weeks to open domm and cc together.

So except you know someone who can help you about the payment ie who has cc,domm or other means cause of time.
You can also make bank transfer, quite slow and expensive, commission and percentage etc...

I paid for my accommodation application fee with the GTBank naira master card i.e. my ATM card. I called my school's residence office and gave them the card number and other details when I could not do same via the internet.
I believe if the school allows that, then it is possible with the GTBank naira master card which is of course a debit card.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:03pm On Nov 19, 2012
From the information gathered so far from recent post on dis thread.

Tuition Fee payment can be made either through;

1) Bank wire transfer; which requires a domm. account and bank charges...NB: it takes 5 business days for transaction to be completed.

2) Credit card (fastest and most convenient)

3) Debit card e.g GTBank naira master card. (If accepted by the receiving institution)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newmusic: 9:22pm On Nov 19, 2012
@lft I think it's better if the school can accept that. Payment over the phone via cc or dc is more convenient,faster and cheaper.
I have tried using GTB debit card online as well but wasn't successful, but I have used FCMB credit card both online and via phone several times.

It's really cool as we have known we can use GTB debit card via phone.
Cheers bro and be the best rep over there!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iluminati: 10:28pm On Nov 19, 2012
PLEASE CAN ANY ONE SEND ME TOEFL STUDY MATERIAL TO MY BOX, I WILL REALLY APPRECIATE IT. onah06@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 11:27pm On Nov 19, 2012
newmusic: People should take note that credit card is different from debit card.

Yeah, Debit card is different from credit card but they serve the same purpose, the only difference is that; you can't make payment with your debit card if you don't have money in your account, but you can make payment with your credit card if you don't have cash in your account.

Apart from this difference, They serve the same purpose...
My uncle used his IBTC master debit card (ATM CARD) to make online transactions and withdrew pounds with the card in UK and from my experience with GTB, I don't think you need to open any dom acc cos I paid my admission fee with my GTB master debit card ( ATM CARD)....tho, I met with my bank to activate online transactions on my debit card and i bought a token. A token is like a key older with screen that displays number. the token will be linked with your account to derive security number...but I don't know how it goes with other bank.
Just try to walk into the bank and make enquiry about it. Tell them you want GTB Masternaira debit card.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by jman77(m): 11:39pm On Nov 19, 2012
J20:

Thanks. It is my first try and I used my virgin passport with no travel history.
Documents have been listed.
chai! See GOD in ACTION

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 1:10am On Nov 20, 2012
Today makes it two months since I've submitted my application. I have faith that I'll get my visa before 2nd week in December.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Deeman1(m): 2:13am On Nov 20, 2012
jman77: chai! See GOD in ACTION
Cori_corde: Today makes it two months since I've submitted my application. I have faith that I'll get my visa before 2nd week in December.

@Cori_corde I like your faith, if its January 2013 u applied for making it is likely difficult. Try to differ ur admission till May or September 2013 which ever is the next admission period. Cause those guys at CDHC Nigeria takes their time on applications they don't rush at all mine took like 5months I had to differ my admission
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by jman77(m): 2:37am On Nov 20, 2012
dommakavelli:

Yeah, Debit card is different from credit card but they serve the same purpose, the only difference is that; you can't make payment with your debit card if you don't have money in your account, but you can make payment with your credit card if you don't have cash in your account.

Apart from this difference, They serve the same purpose...
My uncle used his IBTC master debit card (ATM CARD) to make online transactions and withdrew pounds with the card in UK and from my experience with GTB, I don't think you need to open any dom acc cos I paid my admission fee with my GTB master debit card ( ATM CARD)....tho, I met with my bank to activate online transactions on my debit card and i bought a token. A token is like a key older with screen that displays number. the token will be linked with your account to derive security number...but I don't know how it goes with other bank.
Just try to walk into the bank and make enquiry about it. Tell them you want GTB Masternaira debit card.
its very efficient and convinient to use.i bought same token too but didn't use it before my transaction pulled through and did print out my reciept almost immediately for application fees and i think its a GO for other transactions too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deniyor: 2:40am On Nov 20, 2012
ifegy:

To clarify, if you are looking for a job in natural resources (eg mining, oil and gas), then Saskatchewan (mining) or Alberta (oil and gas) would probably suit you better. However, Ontario remains by far the largest economy in Canada, by GDP, and the Ontario economy is almost double the size of the next largest, Quebec. Alberta is the 3rd largest; British Columbia is 4th, and Saskatchewan is 5th. The service sector (eg financial services) is very strong in Ontario. It is also the largest manufacturing province. It does have some mining (in Northern Ontario), but not oil and gas.
You can have a look at the Statistics Canada website for more information on provincial economies across Canada(eg http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableaux/sum-som/l01/cst01/econ15-eng.htm).

pauloman:

@ifegy

Thanks for correcting deniyor on his" tua tua" yarns abt Ontario. Ontario by far has the most vibrant economy in Canada !

Well, as we are talking in terms of jobs, lets talk about numbers that also matter - Unemployment.
Take a further look at the statistics canada website, and you will discover that ontario has about 8.3% unemployment while saskatchewan has 4.7% unemployment. For the record, the average unemployment rate is 7.4% in canada as a whole. Put it in perspective, it has the second highest unemployment in canada behind nunavut! If you know the layout of canada, nothing should be compared to nunavut!
Look deeper and you will realise that ontario is billions in debt while saskatchewan govt is the only one with a balanced budget and NOT in red.
http://www.statcan.gc.ca/daily-quotidien/121102/t121102a003-eng.htm

@pauloman,
Its okay to disagree with me but you need not be insulting about it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.