Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,370 members, 7,891,612 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 04:03 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (516229 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 2:53pm On Nov 18, 2012
earthgreeners, wetin dey for una end nah?
i don track today too like 5 times already

don't worry, you wouldn't have course to S---P on the 20th grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 2:57pm On Nov 18, 2012
@lillaowow, no worries, just believe God, thrs nuffin he can't do and thanks for sharing documents u submitted even b4 being called. Ur documents are on point.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Warburg: 3:05pm On Nov 18, 2012
earthgreeners:

Im sorry bro, but try do some personal research before u come on d thread...GMAT is not required for most canadian programs

Thanks my apologies mate., Gmat seem to be required for most masters managerial courses for example Uni BC., McGill, etc Business schools Anyways thanks for the heads up.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 3:06pm On Nov 18, 2012
lillaowow: oh boy, wetin ma eyes see last week make fear dey catch me.
skul do me bad ooo.
God dey take control sha
grin grin grin grin grin
Brv share wiv d house na,wetin happen? My ears are itching to hear. At least today is sunday, let's kip d thread moving.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 3:15pm On Nov 18, 2012
bryanhumber:
my agent contacted cdhc nd askd me to relax sayin there is an influx of applications nd that's y it's taking tym buh he said he's goin 2 CDHC 2moro,so let's just pray..*fingers crossed*
How much did u pay to the agent? How trustworthy are they? If I may ask, does CDHC operate on sundays cos I dnt understand y dis agent is "goin 2 CDHC 2moro", a sunday!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 3:28pm On Nov 18, 2012
kayce43:
Brv share wiv d house na,wetin happen? My ears are itching to hear. At least today is sunday, let's kip d thread moving.

It is not in any way related to this thread
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bryanhumber(m): 3:41pm On Nov 18, 2012
dealexad:
How much did u pay to the agent? How trustworthy are they? If I may ask, does CDHC operate on sundays cos I dnt understand y dis agent is "goin 2 CDHC 2moro", a sunday!!
sori,i meant monday...I paid abt 1k dollars for application 2 d skuul nd evrything,after collecting nd crosschecking all my documents,they askd my mumsi for 5k nd that's all...They wer recommended 2 me by my uncle in canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 18, 2012
@ililla,
One of one of ur docs might be causing d delay.
D docs u submitted seem ok, I wuld hv asked who ur sponsor and co sponsor, cash flow, no of dependents and closing balance but it is just too early.
Please enjoy ur sunday and continue tracking 2moro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 18, 2012
Warburg:

Thanks my apologies mate., Gmat seem to be required for most masters managerial courses for example Uni BC., McGill, etc Business schools Anyways thanks for the heads up.

If u r going for MBA, most schools require gmat.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 4:24pm On Nov 18, 2012
lillaowow: earthgreeners, wetin dey for una end nah?
i don track today too like 5 times already.don't worry, you wouldn't have course to S---P on the 20th grin grin grin grin grin

Yes OO!!!..We dey run things bro....hope u av enough cash with you, cos u wld be spending about 30K dis week @ a medical facilities...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 4:26pm On Nov 18, 2012
@justwise, I wld recommend a part4 of dis thread so dat it wld be much easier for newbies to go tru......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 4:56pm On Nov 18, 2012
bryanhumber:
sori,i meant monday...I paid abt 1k dollars for application 2 d skuul nd evrything,after collecting nd crosschecking all my documents,they askd my mumsi for 5k nd that's all...They wer recommended 2 me by my uncle in canada
Okies..fia yaf catchin me..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 4:57pm On Nov 18, 2012
earthgreeners: @justwise, I wld recommend a part4 of dis thread so dat it wld be much easier for newbies to go tru......
I was gonna suggest same..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 5:39pm On Nov 18, 2012
mercylicious: @ililla,
One of one of ur docs might be causing d delay.
D docs u submitted seem ok, I wuld hv asked who ur sponsor and co sponsor, cash flow, no of dependents and closing balance but it is just too early.
Please enjoy ur sunday and continue tracking 2moro.

The only dependant.
Good cash flow
Closing balance
Mum- around 34K USD
Bro- 70+K naira (as at dat time he used huge money for sum transactions but good payslip and cash flow)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 5:41pm On Nov 18, 2012
earthgreeners:

Yes OO!!!..We dey run things bro....hope u av enough cash with you, cos u wld be spending about 30K dis week @ a medical facilities...

D money dey hot for sponsor account ooo na make CDHC just show us Greenlight.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 18, 2012
lillaowow:

The only dependant.
Good cash flow
Closing balance
Mum- around 34K USD
Bro- 70+K naira (as at dat time he used huge money for sum transactions but good payslip and cash flow)

Then get ready for medicals.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 18, 2012
My passport expires in June 2013 and I will most likely apply for a TRV in May 2013.I met a staff of the immigration recently who asked me to come for a renewal in December or January 2013 at the earliest.Now my question is:Is it LEGAL to renew a passport 6 months before expiration?Hope the staff is not asking me to come for renewal because of the money she is most likely going to get from me.House,I need your advice on this.Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 6:40pm On Nov 18, 2012
Ntom: Hope the staff is not asking me to come for renewal because of the money she is most likely going to get from me

Hope CDHC is not going to refuse you visa because of your Passport validity? Run and do your renewal before that becomes a problem. You are lucky someone is willing to help you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 6:42pm On Nov 18, 2012
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newmusic: 6:48pm On Nov 18, 2012
@ntom, your passport must have been issued at least 6 months earlier before you apply for visa.
Also must be valid at least 6 months after you apply for visa. So you choose what is right for you. I will advise you go for renewal by December.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 6:54pm On Nov 18, 2012
effizypo:

HERE ARE THE DOCS I SUBMITTED

Note:
All the answers I provided in the study permit questionnaire had additional sheets which I called appendix 1, 11, 111 etc
I am no more a dependant so I am sponsoring myself.
But above all I submitted to God’s will for my life. Wishing everyone the best.

Wow!!!!
I did thE same for the questionnaire for some oF the questions. Bro, you've gOt a really 'tIght' applIcaTion..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 18, 2012
@effizypo and newmusic,thank you for your contribution.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 6:58pm On Nov 18, 2012
It's cool this way...they can always track by pages. Locating parts would be hard for newbies.
earthgreeners: @justwise, I wld recommend a part4 of dis thread so dat it wld be much easier for newbies to go tru......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 7:04pm On Nov 18, 2012
newmusic: @ntom, your passport must have been issued at least 6 months earlier before you apply for visa.
Also must be valid at least 6 months after you apply for visa
. So you choose what is right for you. I will advise you go for renewal by December.

where did you get this information[b][/b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 7:13pm On Nov 18, 2012
newmusic: @ntom, your passport must have been issued at least 6 months earlier before you apply for visa.
Also must be valid at least 6 months after you apply for visa. So you choose what is right for you. I will advise you go for renewal by December.

Please where did you get this information? I am certain it doesn't apply to the new passports with biometric data. I renewed less than 4months before submitting and so far CDHC haven't thrown it out. I beg to disagree. Maybe with the old passport and renewing for the new, I cant say. you really have to be sure
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newmusic: 8:04pm On Nov 18, 2012
@effizypo and surecan, I am not sure if it applies to only old or new passport. It has always been like that and I have known for years. You can try and confirm if it does not apply to new passport. Don't be bothered if you submit a 4-month old passport, it is renewal and not a new passport!

As in the case of ntom, it's better he/she renews by December to be on a safer side...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 8:28pm On Nov 18, 2012
newmusic: @effizypo and surecan, I am not sure if it applies to only old or new passport. It has always been like that and I have known for years. You can try and confirm if it does not apply to new passport. Don't be bothered if you submit a 4-month old passport, it is renewal and not a new passport!

As in the case of ntom, it's better he/she renews by December to be on a safer side...

Please its not true. Confirmed. Any valid passport can be travelled with. Date of issue is not relevant to application but date of expiration.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 8:31pm On Nov 18, 2012
Hmmm...I believe u need at least 6months of validity...I may be wrong...but please dont give those crazy guys at the VO weapons to shoot u down ooo....any simple excuse for them to refuse, they jump on it...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 8:34pm On Nov 18, 2012
Siga: Hmmm...I believe u need at least 6months of validity...I may be wrong...

Siga you are right about the 6months validity but its not true you can't travel with a passport that is issued less than 6months ago.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 8:39pm On Nov 18, 2012
effizypo:

Siga you are right about the 6months validity but its not true you can't travel with a passport that is issued less than 6months ago.
...true...people travel with a day old passport if u dont need a visa....my mum got her first visa and travelled to UK with a month old passport actually...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 8:52pm On Nov 18, 2012
@all, CDHC works on Sundays as well (7 days a week). After the events of last week, ders been serious activity in my system - But God is able. CDHC seems 2b on serious speed dial.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 8:55pm On Nov 18, 2012
Don Cipher: @all, CDHC works on Sundays as well (7 days a week). After the events of last week, ders been serious activity in my system - But God is able. CDHC seems 2b on serious speed dial.
...Xmas holiday is coming...dem guys too wan come home for holiday and files plenty to clear....they have to work overtime....my prayer is that they should just ignore checking docs and approve all applications....

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.